Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (THE GAME IS OVER: MAFIA WINS!!)  (Read 152607 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (DAY 2 IS UNDERWAY)
« Reply #950 on: October 01, 2012, 03:21:58 pm »

I'm really worried that this is the moment where spectators will say, "NO ROBZ! YOU WERE DOING SO WELL, AND THEY TRICKED YOU INTO MASSCLAIM! NOOOOO...."

I'm really, really worried scum are Grujah, Frisk, and Jo, and am about to look like an idiot. On the other hand, they are desperate to know this scum setup, which is something scum don't need to know, so... fine.

Disclaimer: I played a game with ehunt today on iso. 

He mentioned that he was following MXII closely.  I said I was ALSO following it closely, and that I look forward to discussing when it is over.

He said that the spectator topic is very loud.  That was the extent of the conversation.  (Oh - and I won) Hi Specs!

I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 01, 2012, 03:22:39 pm »

I tracked ashersky last night. My result was: cayvie, ashersky.

After a lot of questioning the narrator as tow how someone could target himself, I deduce that this was because Eevee his behind ashersky. Therefore, my tracking actually tracked ashersky/Eevve, where as ashersky shot and killed cayvie, and Eevee hid behind ashersky.

This should explain my above-and-beyond claim that there is no Serial Killer, since I could account for all the kills.

Furthermore, Cuzz seemed confused at the start of Day 2 in the same way that I was, which is why his story about protecting Eevee made sense to me, because I was in a similar boat trying to reconcile my night action to the death toll on Day 2.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 01, 2012, 03:23:01 pm »

......... I am a Tracker.

Of course I don't believe you, but if you are telling the truth, then obviously you want to hold off on disclosing who you tracked until after the claiming.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 01, 2012, 03:23:12 pm »

PPE - DOH

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 01, 2012, 03:24:31 pm »

PPE - DOH

I thought of that, but no scum was actually going to be worried that I knew anything incriminating, since I was so resistant to even say anything.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 01, 2012, 03:25:25 pm »

PPE - DOH

I thought of that, but no scum was actually going to be worried that I knew anything incriminating, since I was so resistant to even say anything.

And I suspect I mightbe a higher priority kill than you anyway, Mr. Jailkeeper, hence my hesitance.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 01, 2012, 03:26:18 pm »

After a lot of questioning the narrator as tow how someone could target himself, I deduce that this was because Eevee his behind ashersky. Therefore, my tracking actually tracked ashersky/Eevve, where as ashersky shot and killed cayvie, and Eevee hid behind ashersky.

This should explain my above-and-beyond claim that there is no Serial Killer, since I could account for all the kills.

Furthermore, Cuzz seemed confused at the start of Day 2 in the same way that I was, which is why his story about protecting Eevee made sense to me, because I was in a similar boat trying to reconcile my night action to the death toll on Day 2.

Finally - only 2 deaths doesn't mean no serial killer, as I discussed a long time ago. 

I could have blocked the SK
I could have protected either the mafia or SK kill (obviously I didn't stop ashers kill)
SK could be bulletproof

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 01, 2012, 03:27:43 pm »

Finally - only 2 deaths doesn't mean no serial killer, as I discussed a long time ago. 

I could have blocked the SK
I could have protected either the mafia or SK kill (obviously I didn't stop ashers kill)
SK could be bulletproof

I know that, as I said along time ago. But I think it makes the Serial Killer much less likely. Especially because I doubt the validity of all these claims.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 01, 2012, 03:28:10 pm »

PPE - DOH

And I suspect I mightbe a higher priority kill than you anyway, Mr. Jailkeeper, hence my hesitance.

I doubt it.  Tracker is a weak role, you have to catch the killer AND survive AND convince people. I can prevent a kill 2 ways.  Do you remember how we vetoed jailkeeper in M8 IMMEDIATELY? 

The serial killer (if there is one) might think differently though.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 01, 2012, 03:28:42 pm »

I'm really worried that this is the moment where spectators will say, "NO ROBZ! YOU WERE DOING SO WELL, AND THEY TRICKED YOU INTO MASSCLAIM! NOOOOO...."

I'm really, really worried scum are Grujah, Frisk, and Jo, and am about to look like an idiot. On the other hand, they are desperate to know this scum setup, which is something scum don't need to know, so... fine.

He mentioned that he was following MXII closely.  I said I was ALSO following it closely, and that I look forward to discussing when it is over.

He said that the spectator topic is very loud.  That was the extent of the conversation.  (Oh - and I won) Hi Specs!

This doesn't surprise me at all. This is probably the most fun I've had at mafia since M-II.

Is it still possible that all claims are true at this point? Or is there definitely a liar now?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: October 01, 2012, 03:29:13 pm »

PPE - DOH

I doubt it.  Tracker is a weak role, you have to catch the killer AND survive AND convince people. I can prevent a kill 2 ways.  Do you remember how we vetoed jailkeeper in M8 IMMEDIATELY? 

The serial killer (if there is one) might think differently though.

Well, the strongman stuff diminishes your effectiveness a bit. Of course there's ninja kills to diminish me. BIt of a wash.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 01, 2012, 03:30:00 pm »

This doesn't surprise me at all. This is probably the most fun I've had at mafia since M-II.

Is it still possible that all claims are true at this point? Or is there definitely a liar now?

We now have 6 claimants. All claims could still be true.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 01, 2012, 03:30:53 pm »

Yeah, that's the truly scary thing: what if they are all true?

Or in other words: A Vigilante, Hider, Jailkeeper, 2 Doctors, and a Tracker walk into a bar. They don't catch any mafia and lose the game. Funny!

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 01, 2012, 03:31:34 pm »

Still legal.  We have "room" for 1 more claim.

The odds of the game rolling 7 power roles is 0.83%, but given that we have 3 (myself + the 2 deadones), the odds of having exactly 6 is ~7%, and the odds of having 7 is ~1.5%

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 01, 2012, 03:32:54 pm »

Yes. So I will take my chances on the least credible claim actually being false. We should lynch Grujah.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 01, 2012, 03:33:32 pm »

To his scummates: Jo and Frisk perhaps,

Congrats, you got us to reveal our roles. Now die.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 01, 2012, 03:33:58 pm »

Oh - I will admit that RobZ's claim is plausible based on my night action target.

The specifics of his result are very interesting.  I'm actually inclined to believe it, because honestly I don't think I would have been savvy enough to remember to add Asher to the result of tracking someone who had been hid behind.

Unvote

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 01, 2012, 03:34:44 pm »

Congrats, you got us to reveal our roles. Now die.

Us?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 01, 2012, 03:36:23 pm »

Oh - I will admit that RobZ's claim is plausible based on my night action target.

The specifics of his result are very interesting.  I'm actually inclined to believe it, because honestly I don't think I would have been savvy enough to remember to add Asher to the result of tracking someone who had been hid behind.

Unvote

It took an embarrassingly thorough amount of back-and-forth with Voltgloss for me to understand the result. I was convinced--wrongly--that bus driving had something to do with it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 01, 2012, 03:37:36 pm »

Congrats, you got us the townies with roles, one of which is meto reveal our roles. Now die.

Us?

Fixed that for me.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 01, 2012, 03:39:05 pm »

I whole-heartedly support the Grujah wagon but since it has been started we should finish the mass claim shouldn't we? I haven't claimed yet because no one has asked me to claim yet.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 01, 2012, 03:39:15 pm »

Congrats, you got us the townies with roles, one of which is meto reveal our roles. Now die.

Us?

Fixed that for me.

Ummm... as far as I understand it, the only claims that were forced out thus far was yours, since you think that Grujah and I are scum.

Cuzz's claim however... who forced that out?

Vote Count 2-9
Cuzz (4): Grujah, Robz888, Captain_Frisk, Insomniac

We need your claim, Cuzz.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 01, 2012, 03:43:37 pm »

Us?

Fixed that for me.

Ummm... as far as I understand it, the only claims that were forced out thus far was yours, since you think that Grujah and I are scum.

Cuzz's claim however... who forced that out?

Vote Count 2-9
Cuzz (4): Grujah, Robz888, Captain_Frisk, Insomniac

We need your claim, Cuzz.

You're right, my mistake. You deserve to be able to gloat about convincing me to out my power role.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 01, 2012, 03:45:03 pm »

BTW, while we're calculating worst case scenarios: I just looked through the setup and noticed the SK could ALSO have a Strongman kill.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 01, 2012, 03:45:28 pm »

BTW, while we're calculating worst case scenarios: I just looked through the setup and noticed the SK could ALSO have a Strongman kill.

You didn't know that already?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 16 queries.