Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 106  All

Author Topic: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia  (Read 25109 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M140 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2024, 10:26:07 am »

Honest question: Under what situation would pointing out a thing about the setup be a scum tell?
Well, there  are various ways in which that could be a scum tell. Generally speaking, scum is more likely to be aware of the setup because they presumably would have talked about it already. In some cases it is beneficial for town to not draw attention to a certain detail in the setup in the hopes that scum will not be alerted to it, and then pointing it out can be a scum tell.

Not that I think any of this was going on. I actually think Swowl is town.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2024, 10:28:03 am »

Vote: fang

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2024, 10:31:49 am »

Did you just underline "absurd" from his post?

I did, am I not supposed to underline things in quotes its very possible that a thing we aren't supposed to do. That was the word that struck me as pretty strong so I was highlighting it by underlining. I did it in my post quoting the jimm and I back and forth as well.

infangthief

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2024, 10:37:35 am »

Nice.

I guess adding underlining or bolding in a quote is probably fine? But I guess generally you'd say you did so, to avoid misleading people about what the original post was.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2024, 10:49:34 am »

Being a little aggro is ok sometimes.

I heard we have short days and need to get some real wagons going.

One of those wagons being on me is… well I’m used to it.

fang is reading pretty towny to me.

Torn between staying on Faust and throwing out an OMGUS on mcmc, but for now I’ll leave it to less biased people to say whether his vote for me was scummy.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
Re: ZM25 - Gladiator Bomb Mafia
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2024, 10:58:04 am »

1. I love that this is like the most "MiX-y" way of phrasing this ever - but then it is ended with Mod confirmed. That made me laugh.

What are "this" and "it" referring to here?

So Cuzz, are you a member of the Mafia?

Nope!

Is Swowl more likely town or scum for pointing this out?

Are you more likely town or scum for wondering this?

Vote: faust

Scummy. The word "wondering" only makes sense if faust is town.

I do not like plurality exile.

Why not? We can still exile normally as long as we do it on time, plexile is just a fail-safe so that we don't accidentally skip a turn without doing anything.

Additionally scummy. I agree with infangthief and Awaclus' response seems too comfortable with lazy town play.

Heyo all!

For fun I just went back through old posts and determined it’s been over 6 years since I’ve played mafia so I barely remember how this game works.

You still in the Somerville area? I moved out to the burbs

Not for like 10 years lol. I've been an academic nomad, was in Chicago for quite a while, and now settled in the DC area.
But I'm glad you're in this game too! You're still the only fds person I've ever met in real life.

Is Swowl more likely town or scum for pointing this out?

I find this to be a silly question. Setup talk is totally faction-neutral. What's the implication? That scum is going to keep mum and hope no one else read the setup so they can keep their SK fakeclaim in their back pocket? Absurd.

vote: faust

Also scummy. Generating discussion about town/scumreads is also totally faction neutral, and faust wasn't referring to generic "setup talk" but rather to the specific point about third parties, which seems like a legit question.

Hi hi hi hi hi!

I’ve missed you all so much! I have so many questions for all of you about your lives and new and exciting life events. I’ll try to refrain because I don’t liked being called fluffy but know that I am burning with buroisty. EFHW, it killed me not to be able to say hi because the thread was locked. I’m kicking myself for not figuring out some other way than f.ds to send you a message.

I’m soaking up the set up talk, although my guess is that it won’t help me much until Day 2 when someone can actually explain what happened instead of what can happen.

Deadline is Monday evening at 8, and likely too late for our euro friends (just faust, Awa, and thief? And for Jimmm it’s so late that it will be morning again?). And plurality. Thanks fausty for that. Good eye!

I don't know WestCoastDidds---is this ultra-friendly post almost entirely devoid of content typical?

I 100% think that Shraeye is being cagey.

Is Shraeye more likely town or scum for being cagey?

But certainly vote: joth

I don't understand any of this.

I did, am I not supposed to underline things in quotes its very possible that a thing we aren't supposed to do. That was the word that struck me as pretty strong so I was highlighting it by underlining. I did it in my post quoting the jimm and I back and forth as well.

I pretty strongly feel like any edits whatsoever to a quote (other than cropping) should be forbidden. Folks cannot be expected to click the link and go back to the original post to verify the original content. Maybe if you make it *very clear* that you added the bolding or whatever, but even still there are better ways to highlight portions of posts.

I get this is a joke but I do think we should shut this kind of thing down.

Ok basically caught up. Gonna Vote: Awaclus

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2024, 11:03:40 am »

Hi hi hi hi hi!

I’ve missed you all so much! I have so many questions for all of you about your lives and new and exciting life events. I’ll try to refrain because I don’t liked being called fluffy but know that I am burning with buroisty. EFHW, it killed me not to be able to say hi because the thread was locked. I’m kicking myself for not figuring out some other way than f.ds to send you a message.

I’m soaking up the set up talk, although my guess is that it won’t help me much until Day 2 when someone can actually explain what happened instead of what can happen.

Deadline is Monday evening at 8, and likely too late for our euro friends (just faust, Awa, and thief? And for Jimmm it’s so late that it will be morning again?). And plurality. Thanks fausty for that. Good eye!

I don't know WestCoastDidds---is this ultra-friendly post almost entirely devoid of content typical?

emphatically yes, as I think pretty much anyone will tell you
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2024, 11:04:58 am »

Hi hi hi hi hi!

Yes, it's the most Didds post the has ever Diddsed.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2024, 11:45:58 am »

Hot take, mcmc is not posting by voice-to-text software or whatever I remember him doing a few games back.

I am indeed not doing that, I think if I remember correctly I was on vacation or something where I only had phone and didn't want to type. Anywho back home at and the computer

Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115, M118, M120, M122, M123, M124, M133, M134
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113, M119, M128
Winrate: 46.5%(20/43) 40.6%(13/32), 63.6%(7/11)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2024, 11:46:26 am »

Understood, wont happen again!
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115, M118, M120, M122, M123, M124, M133, M134
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113, M119, M128

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2024, 11:46:34 am »

Hi hi hi hi hi!

Yes, it's the most Didds post the has ever Diddsed.

Can confirm the diddsiness of the post.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2024, 12:03:15 pm »

Please don't project stuff onto my words that I never said.

How are we supposed to find scum if we can't read more into what they said than what's explicitly there? It's not like scum is going to literally say they're scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2024, 12:22:05 pm »

Scummy. The word "wondering" only makes sense if faust is town.

I did consider saying "pretending to wonder" instead, but that didn't seem productive.

Additionally scummy. I agree with infangthief and Awaclus' response seems too comfortable with lazy town play.

I don't want town to play lazily, but if a lot of townies do anyway, getting the exile through is obviously better than failing at that. I also think it creates interesting EOD scenarios when the votes necessarily express a preference about who to exile and who to spare, because a lot of people joining the popular wagon just to get literally any exile through is not a thing.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2024, 12:25:37 pm »

I pretty strongly feel like any edits whatsoever to a quote (other than cropping) should be forbidden. Folks cannot be expected to click the link and go back to the original post to verify the original content. Maybe if you make it *very clear* that you added the bolding or whatever, but even still there are better ways to highlight portions of posts.

Well, it's clearly not against the rules. Do you think we should policy exile anyone who edits a quote for any reason?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2024, 12:28:20 pm »

I am 100% okay with being characterized as ultra-friendly because true, but I’m salty about being charged with contentlessness.  It was my first post in a game when I got up this morning. There isn’t much to say yet.

Hey, where Robz? And Scola?

vote: Scola
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2024, 01:37:13 pm »

Didds, I want your opinion...

Who is the #1 most content-full player right now?

Non-posters aside, who is the #1 least content-full?

Feel free to ignore either question, too.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2024, 02:04:32 pm »

Most, probably Mcmc
Least... probably Jimmm, but time zones. Its like 4 am there.

Not sure that it matters much right now, though. D1 is hard and slow, to me.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

infangthief

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2024, 02:42:06 pm »

Something that's more important than setup speculation is the fact that we have plurality exile and relatively short days. We need a certain amount of discipline when it comes to end-of-Day wagoning to make sure we don't accidentally land on one of our PRs.
What discipline do you recommend?

infangthief

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2024, 02:58:54 pm »

So Cuzz, are you a member of the Mafia?

Nope!
Nice to know!

I 100% think that Shraeye is being cagey.

Is Shraeye more likely town or scum for being cagey?

But certainly vote: joth

I don't understand any of this.
mcmcsalot "100% agreed" with shraeye's posts above that and somehow got from there to voting joth, I'm not sure how. Anyway I felt like contrasting it with a 100% statement of my own.

I think I also agree with shraeye's posts, but what I was more sure about was that shraeye was being careful to add "unfortunately" and "in my mind" which seemed over-the-top-cautious. I've not played with shraeye before so I don't know if they're normally like that.

I agree with mcmcsalot's and Didds's assessment of joth's strong wording seeming out of place, and I'm feeling towny about mcmc, so I'm sheeping that vote.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2024, 03:15:31 pm »

Something that's more important than setup speculation is the fact that we have plurality exile and relatively short days. We need a certain amount of discipline when it comes to end-of-Day wagoning to make sure we don't accidentally land on one of our PRs.
What discipline do you recommend?
It tough and depends on the game state. Most importantly probably: Not slack off early, we want some good wagons running pretty quick. If you're gonna join a late wagon, you better have some very good reason for it.

Personally, I won't be around at the deadline, and I suspect neither will other Europeans. There should be time enough to allow for potential claims. Of course the discipline runs the other way too: People who can't be around for the deadline should do their best to make their cases beforehand, and address any questions or cases as best they can (and decide whether they need to claim).

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2024, 03:21:19 pm »

Please don't project stuff onto my words that I never said.

How are we supposed to find scum if we can't read more into what they said than what's explicitly there? It's not like scum is going to literally say they're scum.
Well, that's true in a sense. It was just a pretty wild jump for me to go from me asking "is Swowl town or scum for this?" to "You have a totally unjustified scumread on Swowl".

I didn't have a scumread, and if joth had asked that's what I might have told him. I suspect the same would be true if I was scum. It doesn't make sense to imagine a scumread and to use that as a basis for your own opinions.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2024, 03:26:39 pm »

I am 100% okay with being characterized as ultra-friendly because true, but I’m salty about being charged with contentlessness.
Sorry, I didn't mean to attack you. I just wanted to say that the post was very much like you. Some people feel a strong need to produce content from the get-go and others ease into it. I don't think one is better than the other.

My personality is very much the way that I feel more comfortable getting down to business, but that's also just in part a deficiency in social skills.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2024, 03:52:48 pm »

I’m just picked a scumread as an example because it was funnier. My point was that you couldn’t tell either way. I wasn’t meaning to imply you were scumreading Swowl. It was just a silly question. And it’s not like faust to ask silly questions.

faust is actually playing a subtly different game than I’ve come to expect from him. He’s being nicer and more expansive. Being nicer than usual is way more of a scumtell than being more aggressive than usual.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2024, 03:53:38 pm »

Of course it’s been years since we’ve played together so all of us have a reason for a slightly changed meta.

He/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2024, 04:22:20 pm »

Hi all!

I've been trying to follow along with everything posted so far, but am pretty busy to post anything useful. Nothing immediately jumped out to me from my quick reading, I'll try to find some time later tonight.

That said, even though it's been a while, I still hate D1. :)

Especially with MiX as moderator / not in the game, because my usual D1 is trying to figure him out.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.