Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 147814 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 3)
« Reply #875 on: July 12, 2021, 10:05:56 am »

Ah, just realized - that LL and Dylan seem out for at least the rest of the day! (since they don't show up in the vote count). I had hoped their time away would just last part of the day. So now, like I said, my big concern is if they'll be back for Night.

Trying to figure out if it makes sense to claim more. But it's early, so I still have some time to think about it.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 12, 2021, 10:40:05 am »

I see it like this: you're going to die. So...why not claim?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 12, 2021, 01:28:25 pm »

vote: Jack

I think math may have actually investigated Jack and gotten Cylon. The way he was playing and trying to convince us to exile Jack first makes me think Jack is likely scum.

Further, it felt like math's frustration was more because he thought he was caught for the wrong reasons.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 12, 2021, 01:31:36 pm »

I think math may have actually investigated Jack and gotten Cylon. The way he was playing and trying to convince us to exile Jack first makes me think Jack is likely scum.

Further, it felt like math's frustration was more because he thought he was caught for the wrong reasons.

If math actually saw Jack as a cylon, he would be the last person he would call a cylon.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 12, 2021, 01:39:04 pm »

If math actually saw Jack as a cylon, he would be the last person he would call a cylon.

It's possible that the red scum are also Cylons, and that math was trying to get towncred by outing a Cylon from the other team.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 12, 2021, 01:41:24 pm »

It's possible that the red scum are also Cylons, and that math was trying to get towncred by outing a Cylon from the other team.

If he thought Jack was scum, he would've said his PR made him scum. If he's lying, might as well go all out.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 12, 2021, 01:56:06 pm »

Vote Count 3.2

Jack Rudd (1): gkrieg13

Not Voting (8): Jack Rudd, WestCoastDidds, MiX, EFHW, scolapasta, Swowl, Glooble, Cylons

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to exile. Day 3 ends July 17, 2021, 08:15:00 am.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 12, 2021, 02:18:30 pm »

If he thought Jack was scum, he would've said his PR made him scum. If he's lying, might as well go all out.

Actually, we can go one step further: if he had reason to assume that his investigation looked at scum, and he saw jack as scum, that means he decided not to out his real result, which means cylon extremists are either working with scum, or scum themselves.

All in all, math's claim shouldn't be taken at face value.

Vote: scola for now. Everyone here looks townie, but I'm not looking deep enough.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 12, 2021, 03:35:49 pm »

So, right now everyone speaking is talking about the perception of Math and the result vs no result and all that. I would like to flip the logic around a little bit - What if the Cylon Terrorists wanted another Cylon Faction dead, as well as this other cylon faction wants the Cylon Terrorist Faction Dead?

Similar to Town v Skum Team A v Skum Team B?

That kind of super complicates things in terms of who had what result from what Alignment during all the shit yesterday... but it has been bugging me and I want to get it out there.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 12, 2021, 03:37:48 pm »

The Cylon-Extremists wanting a cylon faction dead? No. Now, a scum team that also happens to have cylons being at war with the cylon-extremists, that makes more sense. I just don't see the point in math's claim if he wanted someone in particular to die.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: July 12, 2021, 04:59:30 pm »

The Cylon-Extremists wanting a cylon faction dead? No. Now, a scum team that also happens to have cylons being at war with the cylon-extremists, that makes more sense. I just don't see the point in math's claim if he wanted someone in particular to die.

I get what you are saying, but the way math was presenting his result made it seem like Jack is likely scum. I think that we very likely have multiple scum teams, judging by the yellow color of the scum team so far.

Math actually had some of the abilities that he claimed. He had an investigative power, as well as a QT with ash. I think it makes sense that he had an actual result on Jack.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 12, 2021, 05:00:39 pm »

Also how were ash and MiX picked as the president and admiral?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 12, 2021, 05:03:25 pm »

I get what you are saying, but the way math was presenting his result made it seem like Jack is likely scum. I think that we very likely have multiple scum teams, judging by the yellow color of the scum team so far.

Math actually had some of the abilities that he claimed. He had an investigative power, as well as a QT with ash. I think it makes sense that he had an actual result on Jack.

In what way would you say math's presentation of his result makes it legitimate? Can you show me an example?

Also how were ash and MiX picked as the president and admiral?

I started as president since I ended the other game as president.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 12, 2021, 05:48:36 pm »

Ashersky presumably had a fakeclaim of Helena Cain/William Adama/Saul Tigh that made him 1st in line for Admiral.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 12, 2021, 05:54:42 pm »

I can see Math having a result on a Jack (presumably a different kind of baddie) and sharing it knowing that if we brighter Jack, and he flipped baddie, that he’d get an ish-ton of towncred as a result. I don’t think that’s a stretch at all.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 12, 2021, 06:05:35 pm »

I can see Math having a result on a Jack (presumably a different kind of baddie) and sharing it knowing that if we brighter Jack, and he flipped baddie, that he’d get an ish-ton of towncred as a result. I don’t think that’s a stretch at all.
But does math making the claim make Jack more likely to be scum than anyone else? Anyway, a Cylon extremist doesn't need a Cylon testing power, so much more likely he made the whole thing up.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 12, 2021, 06:07:04 pm »

gkrieg,  do you have any result from last night? Sorry if you already answered this.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 12, 2021, 06:32:05 pm »

But does math making the claim make Jack more likely to be scum than anyone else? Anyway, a Cylon extremist doesn't need a Cylon testing power, so much more likely he made the whole thing up.

Well, if we had brigged Jack and he was green, Math would have cooked his own goose, so I think there is some chance it was a real result because if we had acted on it, there would have been implications. Of course making it all up is plausible, too.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 12, 2021, 06:42:13 pm »

This is what I was getting at.
Like let's say you are Math and you are Skum Team A... and you have a result on Skum Team B player (Jack). That is literally a perfect situation (I mean aside from GK having a result on Math himself) ((which is also why GK is further down the town list for me potentially)).

But for real, both/either of these results could be Skum Team A having a result on Skum Team B. And if you were to assume that they are not working together, what would the reason be to not give that result. That is, as seen in this game, great town cred.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 12, 2021, 06:43:16 pm »

What if you do not have a result.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 12, 2021, 06:43:45 pm »

Well, if we had brigged Jack and he was green, Math would have cooked his own goose, so I think there is some chance it was a real result because if we had acted on it, there would have been implications. Of course making it all up is plausible, too.

I mean in counter to my own argument... Math did a really good job of making sure to make his ability ambiguous. That could be because it was BS and they knew if Jack flipped it would be green and they needed something to fall back on.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 12, 2021, 06:44:17 pm »

Think I just answered this in PPE
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 12, 2021, 06:50:33 pm »

OK fine. But also it is not just Jack. It is Jack and/or GK. That is my point.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 12, 2021, 06:52:49 pm »

Also you are asking one person "what if they do not have a result" and the other "give me an example of how Math's result was real". Where are you at on that one. I wanna say I have been reading you as believing that Math had no result, but this is confusing.
real good. That’s how

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Night 2)
« Reply #899 on: July 12, 2021, 10:52:02 pm »

The accusations flew quickly after the plans of the Number Ones had been revealed. You cannot say that you are comfortable with this. Yes, the humans went after a group with arguably harmful intentions, but their logic is not sound. They swung the right way on this issue, but you are not ready to entrust your own safety to the flawed justice they deal out, simply because for once it happened to land on somebody deserving.

mathdude has been sent to the brig! They were Hermes, and they were Cylon Extremist-aligned. They had the following powers:
  • passive, manipulative, miscellaneous
  • 1-shot, Day, investigative, miscellaneous
  • investigative

Well, he did have an investigative abilities so, we’re not talking about zero chance he had a result.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 75  All

Page created in 2.158 seconds with 22 queries.