Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 149067 times)

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #650 on: July 05, 2021, 05:32:18 pm »

I don't think I'm a Cylon because nothing in the character information I've been sent suggests to me I'm a Cylon. What else is there to say?

Vote: Mathdude

Setup specifically says we don't know our species. I want surprised when gkrieg said I'm Cylon. But I also wouldn't have been surprised if I had found out I'm Human.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 05, 2021, 05:33:50 pm »

Hmmm…the “cylons” don’t want Math to get exiled. That seems like a good reason to keep my vote where it is. I’m super wary of the “cylons” vote generally. If gkrieg is, in fact, a cylon detector they don’t seem to like that much. But who’s gonna join a wagon started by the “cylons”?? Oh wait, Math did.

I did. At this point, I'm scrambling. I don't know where to go. My main hope at this point is that MiX might actually cancel the exile if it goes through.

I think it's time to claim, at least partially. I really don't want to, and I think it should be obvious why (based on my previous posts). But I don't think I have any other choice.

I seem to have a similar power to gkrieg, which is why I was so skeptical of him when he first posted his result on me. I have the ability to investigate people as well, and I chose Jack last night. My result came back as "cylon".

As we've discussed with gkrieg's result on me, no indication of species or alignment. That's just what I read told - Jack is cylon.

So why do 2 people have similar roles? Are we both detecting species? Both alignment (I know not this, because gkrieg couldn't get me as cylon then)? Or one of each? Or do we function in a weird way like the cylon detector from last round?

Ok, just got to this claim. Not sure how to react to it actually. This does sound similar to my role, but that really just makes the role kind of useless I think? Unless turning points can cause alignment switches of cylons?

Do you have any qualifier to your investigation ability? Or do you just detect if someone is a Cylon?

I'm just told I get to investigate someone. I picked Jack. My result came back morning of D1 as Cylon.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 05, 2021, 05:38:54 pm »

Mathdude: what do you think about your current wagon? Do you think Dylan, Didds, or pasta are scum who just hopped on an investigative result because it is an easy thing to do?

It's quite possible at least one of them are. They also haven't been around much lately as this discussion happens, which really concerns me. If I do flip without a chance for some of them to actually come back and give more opinions on things, it really puts us (town) all in a tough spot tomorrow. They could just claim "I didn't catch up on reading in time to remove my vote".
he/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 05, 2021, 08:56:49 pm »

Okay… I’m reading fast before family fun time.

So gkrieg has an ability that says Math is a cylon.
Math has an ability that says Jack is a cylon.
The cylons are voting…first gkrieg and then e, and they don’t choose to obey MiX
There is controversy on whether or not cylons are actually baddies, so folks are saying we should choose the scummiest person regardless of the cylon result.

Is all that right?

So, fortuitously, in the case of Jack he is both an object of investigation and the scummiest player.

Vote: Jack

His flip (like Math’s) should tell us something about these results.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 05, 2021, 10:02:17 pm »

Okay… I’m reading fast before family fun time.

So gkrieg has an ability that says Math is a cylon.
Math has an ability that says Jack is a cylon.
The cylons are voting…first gkrieg and then e, and they don’t choose to obey MiX
There is controversy on whether or not cylons are actually baddies, so folks are saying we should choose the scummiest person regardless of the cylon result.

Is all that right?

So, fortuitously, in the case of Jack he is both an object of investigation and the scummiest player.

Vote: Jack

His flip (like Math’s) should tell us something about these results.

I still don't know about Jack being scummy. I just went back and read every post by him in season 1. D1 here when I said the claim was nothing like how he tried to claim anything in season one, the following two posts are the only time he claimed any information, and it was D4.

While it does seem early for massclaiming, the game needs jump-starting so I am in favor.

Claim then! What are you waiting for?

Usually we set an order. But I'm fine with claiming. I'm Dee and I set up the QT's between LL and scola and Space and Swowl. I also have the two-shot option to make a player unable to post in their QT's for a night and a day.

...Who? Can you give me a full name?

There's been 3 night, why have you setup only 2 QTs?

Dee = Anastasia Dualla.

I'm Saul Tigh.

I've got a rather uninteresting self-protective power. Maybe all the alcohol in my bloodstream serves to preserve me, or something.

Compare that to the way he tried to volunteer up the information that he had D1 this game, it's completely different. And saying "he didn't have any info to claim last season" doesn't work because there was definitely information that could have been claimed, and he didn't. However, in my read, I did see a couple things that might be similar, but they are things that would just take a little bit more time to know for sure, but I'm pretty confident I can read him based on what I just read. Right now, I don't think he's our best exile.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 05, 2021, 10:04:39 pm »

So Dylan, why is math a better exile?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 05, 2021, 10:09:38 pm »

To the questions about being on Mathdude's wagon:

My initial vote was kind of split between two reasons. It was partly a "let's follow this claim and see how the wagon develops," and it was partly following through on some of the reasoning I laid out earlier about how even though not all cylons are anti-town this game, there is still at least one but probably two groups of cylons that are anti-town, and so in a 50/50 choice between a human and a cylon, I would probably lean towards the cylon. So that is where I wanted my vote.

ppe 1
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 05, 2021, 10:10:40 pm »

So Dylan, why is math a better exile?

I'm about to go back and iso and see if I still think he is.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 05, 2021, 10:24:01 pm »

Hmmm…the “cylons” don’t want Math to get exiled. That seems like a good reason to keep my vote where it is. I’m super wary of the “cylons” vote generally. If gkrieg is, in fact, a cylon detector they don’t seem to like that much. But who’s gonna join a wagon started by the “cylons”?? Oh wait, Math did.

I did. At this point, I'm scrambling. I don't know where to go. My main hope at this point is that MiX might actually cancel the exile if it goes through.

I think it's time to claim, at least partially. I really don't want to, and I think it should be obvious why (based on my previous posts). But I don't think I have any other choice.

I seem to have a similar power to gkrieg, which is why I was so skeptical of him when he first posted his result on me. I have the ability to investigate people as well, and I chose Jack last night. My result came back as "cylon".

As we've discussed with gkrieg's result on me, no indication of species or alignment. That's just what I read told - Jack is cylon.

So why do 2 people have similar roles? Are we both detecting species? Both alignment (I know not this, because gkrieg couldn't get me as cylon then)? Or one of each? Or do we function in a weird way like the cylon detector from last round?

vote: gkrieg

OK here is what I am struggling with here Math. You have an ability like GK, which GK claimed first so he is not like imprinting off of your claim here right. He said it, then you said it. If I am wrong about that order, someone correct me.
You "cop" Jack - cylon result
GK "cops" you - cylon result

So I can get why, if you are town, you are less likely to think that Jack is skum here based on the result... but like.. how is GK skum here?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 05, 2021, 10:36:10 pm »

OK here is what I am struggling with here Math. You have an ability like GK, which GK claimed first so he is not like imprinting off of your claim here right. He said it, then you said it. If I am wrong about that order, someone correct me.

So I can get why, if you are town, you are less likely to think that Jack is skum here based on the result... but like.. how is GK skum here?

Yeah, I don't get that either. Season one did have the cylon detector that was shared across multiple people, so it is totally plausible that faust would take the same idea but bend it into a different form for season two, in which case them each getting a result could make sense as a new version of the detector. In fact, I am starting to think that's probably the most likely case right now. Of course, that doesn't inherently mean both are town with that since there is also precedence of 3rd party caring in some way about stuff like this, e.g. ADK season one: in some way his win condition seems like it was tied to either race or military status (or both). However, both of the cylon test controllers I remember from season 1 were town, so this could go either way in my mind. Honestly, for now I don't think either of the two are our best exile.

Unvote

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: July 05, 2021, 10:39:42 pm »

Reading back through, and LL stuck out to me a little bit. Someone else (I think mathdude, which is probably why it just stuck in my head) already said this, but some of his comments do sound more like they come from 3rd party than town. I've already read more tonight in this one sitting than I have at any given time in a long time, so I'll go back and try to build a full case later, but for now

Vote: LL

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 05, 2021, 11:18:57 pm »

I am so confused

Cylons! If you can hear me, vote Swowl in the next 2 hours. Thank you for your time.

weird post.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 05, 2021, 11:25:20 pm »

Gkrieg: why do you think cylons are scum this game?

Until you answer that question your claim is a big nothing burger

If cylons are not scum this game, then my powers just help my character arc goal and are not helpful to town.

OK - but like... Ash flipped Cylon Aligned. Then you get a result on Math, then also Math gets a result on Jack. Seems like a too much good stuff if all cylons are skum.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 05, 2021, 11:27:29 pm »

Gkrieg: why do you think cylons are scum this game?

Until you answer that question your claim is a big nothing burger

If cylons are not scum this game, then my powers just help my character arc goal and are not helpful to town.

OK - but like... Ash flipped Cylon Aligned. Then you get a result on Math, then also Math gets a result on Jack. Seems like a too much good stuff if all cylons are skum.

don't post before finishing reading kids.
Ignore this. I am caught up now.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 06, 2021, 12:06:03 am »

It still bothers me that gkrieg hasn't told us why he concluded math was scum. People seem to be moving toward letting this go for now, which would be ok with me except for this missing element.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 06, 2021, 12:40:11 am »

Sorry - holiday. Was hoping to write a lot more, but am tired, so I'll do that tomorrow. Overall, still ok with my vote.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 06, 2021, 01:31:27 am »

It still bothers me that gkrieg hasn't told us why he concluded math was scum. People seem to be moving toward letting this go for now, which would be ok with me except for this missing element.

They referenced somewhere that their PR(s) would not make sense if their cop shot was not based on alignment.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 06, 2021, 04:13:27 am »

Vote Count 2.6

mathdude (3): scolapasta, LaLight, Jack Rudd
Jack Rudd (4): 2.71828....., Glooble, mathdude, WestCoastDidds
LaLight (1): Dylan32
Swowl (1): Cylons

Not Voting (4): EFHW, Swowl, MiX, gkrieg13

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 2 ends July 07, 2021, 03:15:00 pm. This is in 35 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 06, 2021, 06:10:19 am »

Very strange. I'm sure there's a lot of sciencing that we can do with the cylons vote, but not knowing their limitations really limits this.

Reading back through, and LL stuck out to me a little bit. Someone else (I think mathdude, which is probably why it just stuck in my head) already said this, but some of his comments do sound more like they come from 3rd party than town. I've already read more tonight in this one sitting than I have at any given time in a long time, so I'll go back and try to build a full case later, but for now

I think LL has to be town.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 06, 2021, 07:13:26 am »

When gkrieg first claimed, I made sure there was (and participated in) discussion about his results.  At that point, I was "showing interest" in finding out what's up with them, because I seemed to have a similar role and I knew his role wasn't detecting alignment.  I didn't want to immediately "counter-claim", as I would have preferred my role to stay hidden until I 1) knew more results, and 2) knew more about the potential relationship with cylon-species and cylon-aligned (or cylon-extremist, or whatever).

No one else seemed to show any concern about his open claim (which I still don't think D2 cop in a normal game should claim most of the time, unless absolutely needed... it would be better to try to get 1 or 2 more results before claiming - yet this is far from a normal game).  The only "bite" on figuring things out about gkrieg was the weird Cylons vote on him, so I commented on that and "followed" with a vote, again, just showing interest and making sure there was some discussion.  I wasn't claiming "he's scum, let's all vote for him", I was trying to keep discussion there to see what we could make of the Cylons vote.  Then that vote just went weird, switching to 2.71828..... later.  I didn't keep my vote on gkrieg, and didn't intend to, unless his response would have given scum-tells.

A lot of the pokes and prods and questions and votes was just trying to sort things out and get responses (from gkrieg and from others).  I still don't know what this Cylon-investigating ability does... for me, or for both of us.  It's weird that he claimed first.  If mine actually does detect scum (that is, species and alignment are somewhat connected again), then it must have somehow been a claim he or his team worked out that made sense to claim early?  I don't know.  I'm not convinced this is true.  I think it's some weird detection thing again, like last round.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 06, 2021, 07:14:44 am »

I think it was 2.71828..... that expressed interest in a "hard switch" to voting for LL.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 06, 2021, 07:17:58 am »

Very strange. I'm sure there's a lot of sciencing that we can do with the cylons vote, but not knowing their limitations really limits this.

If LL is scum, I'll bet MiX is too.  I believe he has expressed this sentiment multiple times, IIRC.  I'm not saying I think either of them are.  I'm just saying this has come up a few times, I believe.  Remember this for the future if one of them flips at some point.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 06, 2021, 07:19:18 am »

If LL is scum, I'll bet MiX is too.  I believe he has expressed this sentiment multiple times, IIRC.  I'm not saying I think either of them are.  I'm just saying this has come up a few times, I believe.  Remember this for the future if one of them flips at some point.

I mean I pushed LL D1 and early D2. Only now do I think they're town.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 06, 2021, 07:20:34 am »

Math, when did you get to use your power? And when did gkrieg use his power? And when did both of you learn the information from the power?

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 06, 2021, 07:31:59 am »

They referenced somewhere that their PR(s) would not make sense if their cop shot was not based on alignment.

And then I believe later said that's because the role would only help their character arc, rather than helping town. And I have the same thing.
I guess what we need is for me and/or gkrieg to get an opposite read next night, if possible, and see if we get results of "Human", "Town", "Non-Cylon", etc. Then we can maybe better tell if we are detecting species or alignment or something else.
he/him
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 16 queries.