Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 147811 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #550 on: July 03, 2021, 10:36:52 am »

I have strong reason to believe there are not many town-aligned Cylons.

i have a strong reason to believe there are at least 2? i already mentioned i have a personal goal: when town wins have at least one human and one cylon alive. would be weird if there would be only one town-aligned Cylon.

that said, my wedding's coming, so i won't be here for some time

Congrats!

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #551 on: July 03, 2021, 10:43:40 am »

Day 1 Final Vote Count

MiX (3): ashersky, A Drowned Kernel, Dylan32
A Drowned Kernel (8): Jack Rudd, 2.71828....., EFHW, WestCoastDidds, scolapasta, mathdude, Cylons, gkrieg13
LaLight (3): Swowl, MiX, Glooble

No Exile (1): LaLight

Not Voting (0)

With 14 alive, it took 8 to exile.

So, here is a theory about the cylon vote. But first
1) I think it is clear that cylons don't have the same communication ability as S1
2) I think it is very likely both town and scum cylons exist

That being said, my theory is that when 3 cylons are voting for the same person, the "cylon" vote moves to that wagon.

A few reasons
- we didn't really have wagons D1. A bunch of scattered votes.
- look at the wagon. cylons (confirmed or potential) include: jack, efhw, math. Then after the math vote cylons moved.

Just given everything that has come out I think it makes sense.

If that's true, there's at most 5 cylons. Could that be true? We also know ash was a cylon, so...

e's theory seems like sm interesting one, and could fit with the idea of some cylons being anti-town (ash?) and others pro-town (flavour text, thematic, the one wincon someone mentioned)... even if the details may not be exactly right about happening when 3 cylons have voted.

As for the statement of max 5... is that from tole carryover from last round, vote counts from D1, or both?
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 03, 2021, 10:47:55 am »

As for the statement of max 5... is that from tole carryover from last round, vote counts from D1, or both?

If the cylon vote moves when there's 3 cylons voting for someone, there can only be at most 5 cylon, otherwise 2 wagons could have 3 cylons.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 03, 2021, 10:48:10 am »

Couple typos...

... theory seems like an interesting one...

... is that fromrole carryover...
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 03, 2021, 10:50:32 am »

If the cylon vote moves when there's 3 cylons voting for someone, there can only be at most 5 cylon, otherwise 2 wagons could have 3 cylons.

Could be majority. Could be whichever reaches 3 first until that wagon drops below 3 cylons.  Could be the most recent to 3. We're just hypothesizing, so there don't have to be arbitrary limits.
he/him

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: July 03, 2021, 11:25:53 am »

I don't appear to be a Cylon this time around, although of course I could be a sleeper agent.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 03, 2021, 11:33:07 am »

that said, my wedding's coming, so i won't be here for some time

What?!? Hooray! Congratulations!! I hope it’s super fun!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 03, 2021, 11:37:25 am »

Holiday weekend, y’all, so I’m expecting low ability to participate.

Having read everything, I am still of the opinion that cylons are not good for us. I also think that if gkrieg’s cop power returns that kind of result, it must be significant in some regard. It seems pointless to have it as a power if the implication of a result is meaningless.

Vote: math

I’m not sold on the idea that math is scum, but I’m still mulling the idea that there might be lots of competing factions, so perhaps scum isn’t the point. I don’t have any good reason to think he’s town.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 03, 2021, 12:34:20 pm »

Vote Count 2.2

LaLight (1): MiX
MiX (1): LaLight
mathdude (3): gkrieg13, Dylan32, WestCoastDidds
Jack Rudd (2): 2.71828....., mathdude

Not Voting (6): Jack Rudd, EFHW, scolapasta, Swowl, Glooble, Cylons

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to exile. Day 2 ends July 07, 2021, 03:15:00 pm.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 03, 2021, 03:25:27 pm »

Sorry all, randomly disappeared there for a few days. Did not miss to much it seems though.

Main things seem to be GK has result on Math (of some form) and people are trying to deduce the Cylon vote move thing.

1. I have no clue at all about the Cylons vote. I had pretty much just been assuming it was either an outside of our control game mechanic for like a turning point... but then it moved its vote... so now I am kind of thinking probably a PR shot of some sort that a skum gets to control.

I'm going to guess, given flavour texts, results of last game, and people's suspicions, claims, and results already... that there are more Cylons this round than Humans. So rather than getting stuck here, does anyone else have anything to discuss?

Ok Cool beans. Here is the thing. I actually agree with the "not town play" analysis you gave prior to this post regarding GK.
I also think that following the cop result rn could be a slippery as hell slope (agreeing with whoever said that already).... However, from my pov here are the realistic possible situations.

1. GK rando 3p play, Math could be skum
2. GK is Town, Math could be skum
3. GK is skum, Math could be "other" skum

**OFC in all of these Math could also be Town and either the cylon check is not for Alignment, or GK is lying, or something else happened that messed with a result or something*

Whatever, my point is - You are asking if anyone has anything other than this that they want to discuss, but this is a pretty interesting situation. What is it you would want to dive into here that is more interesting, if, let's say, GK came back with the same result on someone else
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 03, 2021, 03:26:22 pm »

Could be majority. Could be whichever reaches 3 first until that wagon drops below 3 cylons.  Could be the most recent to 3. We're just hypothesizing, so there don't have to be arbitrary limits.

Also, if we think this could actually be a thing... pretty sure we can coordinate a test for this yes?
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 03, 2021, 04:31:51 pm »

I think gkrieg should fully explain why he is sure math is scum. Cops always try to get a second use of their power after they find scum, but that's not great strategy for town, I think.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 03, 2021, 08:41:48 pm »

**OFC in all of these Math could also be Town and either the cylon check is not for Alignment, or GK is lying, or something else happened that messed with a result or something*

Whatever, my point is - You are asking if anyone has anything other than this that they want to discuss, but this is a pretty interesting situation. What is it you would want to dive into here that is more interesting, if, let's say, GK came back with the same result on someone else

I'm obviously looking at gkrieg's claim from a different perspective than other townies. I know it either means he detects species, his ability has been messed with, or he's straight up lying about having the role.

Townies need to look at his claim/role and decide if it's true, what it means, and whether to believe me.

Scum probably need to figure out how to keep pushing this "it's alignment, vote out math" without looking optimistic. And if gkrieg isn't on their team (multiple scum factions, 3rd party, whatever), they also need to figure out what's up with gkrieg's power/claim.

When I asked if anyone else had other stuff to discuss, I mean we briefly discussed ash's death, alignment, and presumed passing of admiral role. Then gkrieg claimed and we talked a bit about what it might mean before the consensus seemed to start saying "ya, I'd be willing to vote out math". So I'm asking if there's other stuff to discuss.

Testing his role on someone else might be a good idea if he's a town cop (as might be testing the Cylons vote). But if gkrieg is scum, then it's pointless - he can say whatever he wants.
he/him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 03, 2021, 10:31:43 pm »

I don't appear to be a Cylon this time around, although of course I could be a sleeper agent.

So you kept your character but you believe that even though you were a cylon last game you are human this game?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 03, 2021, 10:35:32 pm »

I didn't keep my character, no. I was Leoben Conoy, pretending to be Saul Tigh, last time; I'm Ellen Tigh this time.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 03, 2021, 11:20:43 pm »

Well I was gonna say that all these people could vote for someone and see if we get the same result...

Day 1 Final Vote Count
A Drowned Kernel (8): Jack Rudd, 2.71828....., EFHW, WestCoastDidds, scolapasta, mathdude, Cylons, gkrieg13

... but it only takes 7 to exile today. So, that would not work.

The only votes between this VC and the Cylons voting were Mathdude and Pasta:
Vote Count 1.9

MiX (2): ashersky, A Drowned Kernel
A Drowned Kernel (4): Jack Rudd, 2.71828....., EFHW, WestCoastDidds
2.71828..... (1): scolapasta
LaLight (3): Swowl, MiX, Glooble

No Exile (1): LaLight

Not Voting (4):  Dylan32, Cylons, mathdude, gkrieg13

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to exile. Day 1 ends June 28, 2021, 03:00:00 pm. This is in less than 1 hour.

so we could have Math and Pasta vote for someone, then have the others on the final wagon cycle in to see if we get a result. However, obviously, if someone is just controlling the vote then it wouldn't matter anyways. So IDK how much merit the plan actually has.
real good. That’s how

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 04, 2021, 12:40:41 am »

I will say there's a lot of talk about "cop" this and "cop" that. But my guess is that gkrieg's actualy PR never mentions "cop" he just used that as shorthand for what his powers do.

I was thinking about this idea of the Cylons vote not being manually determined, and it makes sense to me that could be it.

So I'm happy to vote for someone and keep testing that... am starting to lean towards mathdude actually, as gkrieg's assertions seem too dangerous as cum and I'm believing him when he says there's more to it than just the result.

But with there being some time to deadline (and I wonder if it could also be time based), I'm going to go with:

Vote: Dylan

A known (at least kept same character) Cylon. And claimed Lover-Aligned, and my gut says they're a different faction than ADK.

Also, who took over for Robz? We know for a fact that is a new character.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 04, 2021, 02:02:12 am »

I will say there's a lot of talk about "cop" this and "cop" that. But my guess is that gkrieg's actualy PR never mentions "cop" he just used that as shorthand for what his powers do.

I was thinking about this idea of the Cylons vote not being manually determined, and it makes sense to me that could be it.

So I'm happy to vote for someone and keep testing that... am starting to lean towards mathdude actually, as gkrieg's assertions seem too dangerous as cum and I'm believing him when he says there's more to it than just the result.

But with there being some time to deadline (and I wonder if it could also be time based), I'm going to go with:

A known (at least kept same character) Cylon. And claimed Lover-Aligned, and my gut says they're a different faction than ADK.

Actually that is a good point, it would be cool if the OP could have the subs put in.

Also... so you think there is a better chance of Dylan flipping skum than Math?
real good. That’s how

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 04, 2021, 04:57:51 am »

checking in, still have a whole day of party, on Monday will try to reread.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 04, 2021, 06:12:33 am »

Can you elaborate on why you think Dylan isn't town? Aside from "well ADK was".

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #570 on: July 04, 2021, 07:13:25 am »

I took over for Robz. I’m not sure I ought to say who my character is.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 04, 2021, 07:16:46 am »

I took over for Robz. I’m not sure I ought to say who my character is.

How do you know you took over for Robz and not gkrieg?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 04, 2021, 08:33:27 am »

Gkrieg said he has Space's character.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 04, 2021, 08:35:42 am »

Gkrieg said he has Space's character.

Oh okay, thanks.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 04, 2021, 01:06:23 pm »

Going to be pretty LA today.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 75  All

Page created in 2.394 seconds with 16 queries.