Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 271183 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1075 on: June 11, 2020, 07:43:15 am »

Jimmmmm- I really appreciate all of the heavy lifting you’re doing in the rereads. It’s really helpful.
How has it helped you?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 11, 2020, 07:52:21 am »

Few thoughts:

First, full disclosure I townslipped and I’m sorry since I’m probably dying N1 for it.

Second, vote count please. I know I’m frustrated with cube and I think there’s scum there but I would rather lynch anybody than nobody and we’ve been incredibly diffuse today.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 11, 2020, 08:39:03 am »

I like Jimmmmm's case on EFHW, but I can't help but think scum!EFHW would do different things...it all looks so bad of her to push what she's pushing and vote where she's voting, surely as scum she would know this, right? I think it's town not trying to look townie while pursuing their reads.

I absolutely need to reread hypercube and Galzria to see which one's scum. I've been putting off rereads for too long.

Few thoughts:

First, full disclosure I townslipped and I’m sorry since I’m probably dying N1 for it.

Second, vote count please. I know I’m frustrated with cube and I think there’s scum there but I would rather lynch anybody than nobody and we’ve been incredibly diffuse today.

Lol where?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 11, 2020, 09:06:35 am »

Vote: Galzria

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 11, 2020, 09:30:00 am »

I like Jimmmmm's case on EFHW, but I can't help but think scum!EFHW would do different things...it all looks so bad of her to push what she's pushing and vote where she's voting, surely as scum she would know this, right? I think it's town not trying to look townie while pursuing their reads.

I absolutely need to reread hypercube and Galzria to see which one's scum. I've been putting off rereads for too long.

Few thoughts:

Lol where?

Basically have to full claim for an explanation

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: June 11, 2020, 09:35:38 am »

Where, not why.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 11, 2020, 09:49:37 am »

Where, not why.
Why do you want to help scum?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: June 11, 2020, 09:50:44 am »

i guess faust is town. the last two times i correctly read him as scum, so there's something. I think I maybe would be willing to vote for oh man

pretty much everyone, except couple of people. I feel strongly only about Eddie, chairs or MiX.
That linebreak threw me off. The only thing I could think for a while was "but O isn't even in this game!"

that's weird that I wrote it like that, not gonna lie. had a brainfart in the middle
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 11, 2020, 09:53:21 am »

Where, not why.
Why do you want to help scum?

You're right, sorry, forgot about something.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 11, 2020, 10:01:57 am »

vote: chairs

apparently he's going to die anyway so may as well /s
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 11, 2020, 10:09:38 am »

QT time stamp sharing is sharing mod-provided information. Please do not share it anymore or you will be punished as determined by the mods.

Vote count coming soonish. 
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 11, 2020, 10:14:21 am »

You may as well vote Glooble then!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 11, 2020, 10:28:03 am »

QT time stamp sharing is sharing mod-provided information. Please do not share it anymore or you will be punished as determined by the mods.

Vote count coming soonish. 

Aww. I was having fun with it.

You can claim your VTness now, it's okay, no one will blame you. You can also pretend to be town and vote for scum instead of town.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 11, 2020, 10:42:33 am »

Jimmmmm- I really appreciate all of the heavy lifting you’re doing in the rereads. It’s really helpful.
How has it helped you?

Because everything is there together in a handy dandy wall post...especially helpful for mobile when control-f rereads are impossible.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 11, 2020, 10:43:21 am »

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (PMs sent!)
« Reply #1090 on: June 11, 2020, 10:52:29 am »

"The burdens of nine become mine. Why must I carry the madness of them all? Oh, Almighty, release me."

—Observed on Palaheses 1173, collected secondhand and later reported to the Silent Gatherers. Subject was a wealthy lighteyes.

Vote Count 1.8

chairs (2): hypercube, jotheonah
GreatHallScout (1): Rhand
scolapasta (1): Uncleeurope
faust (1): Galzria
hypercube (2): MiX, chairs
Uncleeurope (2): LaLight, cayvie
MiX (2): Dylan32, scolapasta
WestCoastDidds (1): EFHW
EFHW (1): WestCoastDidds
Galzria (2): Jimmmmm, faust

Not Voting (3): GreatHallScout, Swowl, Glooble

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 3:00pm FT on June 12, 2020. That's in just over 24 hours.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 11, 2020, 11:22:59 am »

@the-eddie-comunicators It seems eddie is asking for a full claim to be made towards them. Dylan is already a claimed dustbringer- did they ask you to claim that to them or not? When Mix was going over what eddie asked for - I think they said eddie didnt ask them for their house and others pointed out that eddie already knew that from Mix's claim. is this accurate.

Basically trying to figure out if eddie is trying for a claim directly at them or not. What are your thoughts based on what eddie asked you guys?

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 11, 2020, 11:46:56 am »

@the-eddie-comunicators It seems eddie is asking for a full claim to be made towards them. Dylan is already a claimed dustbringer- did they ask you to claim that to them or not? When Mix was going over what eddie asked for - I think they said eddie didnt ask them for their house and others pointed out that eddie already knew that from Mix's claim. is this accurate.

Basically trying to figure out if eddie is trying for a claim directly at them or not. What are your thoughts based on what eddie asked you guys?

He specifically mentioned he wanted me to claim my order, but didn't mention my house.
I have sigs off.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 11, 2020, 12:07:28 pm »

@faust, reading this, can you explain how you thought MiX could assume 15 cost for an order power?
He made a wrong assumption and ran with it. Seems very MiX.

I could easily see that if all scum order powers cost 15 for Mix to erroneously assume that all order powers are 15.

This is quite literally impossible, I just looked at all the surges and scum must have powera that don't cost 15. So, what do you think was the origin of my mistake?
Again, I don't know. I thought this might be a reasonable way to get there, but I didn't check. I think it's equally unlikely that somehow all the scum stuff costs 15. I think you just were confused and mixed up some numbers, there doesn't need to be a huge reasoning behind it.

While I agree that the style of the claim seems very MiXish, I still think there should still be a valid reason for an assumption. In this case, I fail to see it:

Assuming he has access to 5 powers, then it can't be that since there's no combo of 5 that are all 15. So then next, it's the one extra order power - who makes an assumption off 1 example??

But if I say to you this story: "scum talk N1, learn that all their order special powers cost 15. One of them observes, hmmm, looks like all order special power could cost 15 (or something like that), and then for one of them to scumslip" - I mean that should at least sound plausible no?

The fact that you don't agree that this is at least a reason to be suspicious of MiX is weird. The fact that you didn't check if it was actually reasonable with any combo of 5 before suggesting that is weird.

I get that I could be following a red herring. But to be so dismissive of this - including "this is bad" seems itself suspicious.

I'm actually very much looking forward to Jim's read of MiX, to see if he (or frankly anyone) has opinions on this.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 11, 2020, 12:10:38 pm »

Will catch up later today and then do a reread today/tomorrow.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: June 11, 2020, 12:20:27 pm »

@faust, reading this, can you explain how you thought MiX could assume 15 cost for an order power?
He made a wrong assumption and ran with it. Seems very MiX.

I could easily see that if all scum order powers cost 15 for Mix to erroneously assume that all order powers are 15.

This is quite literally impossible, I just looked at all the surges and scum must have powera that don't cost 15. So, what do you think was the origin of my mistake?
Again, I don't know. I thought this might be a reasonable way to get there, but I didn't check. I think it's equally unlikely that somehow all the scum stuff costs 15. I think you just were confused and mixed up some numbers, there doesn't need to be a huge reasoning behind it.

While I agree that the style of the claim seems very MiXish, I still think there should still be a valid reason for an assumption. In this case, I fail to see it:

Assuming he has access to 5 powers, then it can't be that since there's no combo of 5 that are all 15. So then next, it's the one extra order power - who makes an assumption off 1 example??

But if I say to you this story: "scum talk N1, learn that all their order special powers cost 15. One of them observes, hmmm, looks like all order special power could cost 15 (or something like that), and then for one of them to scumslip" - I mean that should at least sound plausible no?

The fact that you don't agree that this is at least a reason to be suspicious of MiX is weird. The fact that you didn't check if it was actually reasonable with any combo of 5 before suggesting that is weird.

I get that I could be following a red herring. But to be so dismissive of this - including "this is bad" seems itself suspicious.

I'm actually very much looking forward to Jim's read of MiX, to see if he (or frankly anyone) has opinions on this.

this is good. i like this from scolapasta.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: June 11, 2020, 12:23:14 pm »

talk to me, scola: gun to head, who are your top ~4 picks for mafia?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 11, 2020, 12:27:49 pm »

Why? It's a stretch at best and it's occupying all of his attention. If I was scum I would know a bit more what a Reporter ability would cost by comparing with other order powers. But I just have mine, and that doesn't let me extrapolate much.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 11, 2020, 12:29:19 pm »

Vote: Galzria

Why's that?
We need wagons, I like this one best of the people with at least one vote.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: June 11, 2020, 12:31:28 pm »

Why? It's a stretch at best and it's occupying all of his attention. If I was scum I would know a bit more what a Reporter ability would cost by comparing with other order powers. But I just have mine, and that doesn't let me extrapolate much.

i already think you're not mafia, MiX. but scola's post makes me think he is also not mafia, whereas previously i didn't have much of a read on scola at all. i.e., i think scola is genuinely trying to scumhunt.

if looking for a case on you is "occupying all his attention", that means he's town, right?

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.