Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 271257 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1050 on: June 10, 2020, 09:22:57 pm »

Holy verb tense and subject agreement Batman, that second sentence of my last post was awful. Here it is rewritten for clarity...

If the scenario [where two scum talked to Eddie after I did] is playing out such that the 2nd one knows what happened, but they don't have daychat [to get the timestamp from the first], Eddie shouldn't leave his current neighborhood until after the other person claims, so that the 2nd scum can't get the timestamp to hide the 1st one.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 10, 2020, 10:41:59 pm »

So Eddie brought up the idea of electing someone we all "trust" to have him give the info to in bulk. Then glooble volunteers, and uses IC trigger, and now Eddie is saying no?
Do I have that summarized correctly?

Not quite... Glooble triggered IC, full claimed to Eddie, Eddie presumably told him stuff, Glooble has some belief that Eddie is town and then hatched a plan to help town win by funneling information through Eddie's qt power. That is what Eddie said "no" to...using jis qt to help us win because they would be boring to him.

Also, it looks like you need to check your qt to talk to Eddie!

Did Glooble admit to full claiming to Eddie? I cant find where he did.

I don't know what the post is, but he did say he claimed out to him somewhere yes.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 10, 2020, 10:44:43 pm »

I think if anyone else had a neighborhood with Eddie in those time slots, you should say so now. You don't even have to say what was talked about, but we should know who all Eddie talked to prior to the IC claiming to him.

mine opened 6/6 at 12:20pm and closed 6/6 at 1pm.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 10, 2020, 10:46:27 pm »

To clarify - I  did not realize I had a thread, so literally zero words were said to eddie from me. I am just sharing the time stamp part because I cannot possibly imagine how that info could be used against us.
real good. That’s how

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 10, 2020, 10:51:34 pm »

Also beneficial: Eddie could verify there was another person talked to but not give time or name

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 10, 2020, 10:55:19 pm »

I think if anyone else had a neighborhood with Eddie in those time slots, you should say so now. You don't even have to say what was talked about, but we should know who all Eddie talked to prior to the IC claiming to him.

mine opened 6/6 at 12:20pm and closed 6/6 at 1pm.

Those times line up perfectly between a couple of MiX and Didds' slots, which adds evidence to one opening right when the previous one closes (within the minute or two it would take the mod to create/post in the new one).
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 10, 2020, 11:46:38 pm »

How did you choose which players to neighbors, Eddie?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 10, 2020, 11:48:12 pm »

I talked with Hypercube at some point, and I talked to zero people after Dylan’s closed for a pretty long time.

It was Sunday, I believe that I closed it? I remember being busy, and I find it impolite to Open a QT with someone and then wait a day to actually talk in it. Some IRL stuff has been happening on my end, so I kinda wasn’t present for a good chunk of time.

~ Talking as Uncleeurope because I am talking about Uncleeurope things.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 10, 2020, 11:52:05 pm »

Didds is fun, and good to get a read on early,

MiX is obligatory.

Hypercube presses me on Cult Leader for the QT thing so I had to prove him wrong.

Swowl is fun.

Dylan was legit me just choosing someone I had never talked to much who was online when I went to make a new QT.

Glooble is an IC.

I almost threw a Faust in there somewhere, but he gets suspicious of third parties...
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 10, 2020, 11:59:29 pm »

Didds is fun, and good to get a read on early,

MiX is obligatory.

Hypercube presses me on Cult Leader for the QT thing so I had to prove him wrong.

Swowl is fun.

Dylan was legit me just choosing someone I had never talked to much who was online when I went to make a new QT.

Glooble is an IC.

I almost threw a Faust in there somewhere, but he gets suspicious of third parties...

What, I'm not fun??  /kidding

So are you now town?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 11, 2020, 12:49:53 am »

@faust, reading this, can you explain how you thought MiX could assume 15 cost for an order power?
He made a wrong assumption and ran with it. Seems very MiX.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 11, 2020, 12:53:28 am »

I could easily see that if all scum order powers cost 15 for Mix to erroneously assume that all order powers are 15.

This is quite literally impossible, I just looked at all the surges and scum must have powera that don't cost 15. So, what do you think was the origin of my mistake?
Again, I don't know. I thought this might be a reasonable way to get there, but I didn't check. I think it's equally unlikely that somehow all the scum stuff costs 15. I think you just were confused and mixed up some numbers, there doesn't need to be a huge reasoning behind it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 11, 2020, 12:55:30 am »

I think quoting timestamps from a QT is quoting and thus illegal, by the way. PLease refrain from doing it more until we have a ruling on it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: June 11, 2020, 12:58:50 am »

I think quoting timestamps from a QT is quoting and thus illegal, by the way. PLease refrain from doing it more until we have a ruling on it.
Nevermind I guess, this game doesn't even prevent QT quoting. Though the opening and closing of thread could still be classified as "mod-provided information", which is illegal to quote.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 11, 2020, 02:06:12 am »

Well, that was a lot to catch up on. There’s a lot going on and it’s tough to keep pace.

Still strongly prefer faust. Not planning to move my vote. If I do, it will NOT be to any of these people:

Glooble, Eddie, Didds, Rhand, Dylan, Cayvie or Swowl.

Right now, preference is faust, followed by EFHW, then joth, then... eh.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: June 11, 2020, 04:19:42 am »

Ok. Mine opened right when MiX's locked and closed and locked the next morning (6/7). I brought it up in the thread at post #663, 6:11 pm June 8th.

So there's a couple gaps, and assuming the mod would close one neighborhood and open the next one at roughly the same time. 7pm June 5 to 9:57am June 6, and for at least > 24 hours after mine closed.

I had a neighborhood with Eddie from 7 pm June 5 to 9:57 am June 6. I didn't claim anything to him since he only offered to send a message in return.
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: June 11, 2020, 04:43:40 am »

Oh, I can dandelion for a minute

Note that the time surrounding this attempt by Didds to talk to Eddie (after my QT closed) is still unclaimed I think.
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 11, 2020, 04:54:29 am »

To summarize:

what happens if two alignment inverters target the same player?

Good question, cayvie. Townpoints, since I would've expected it to be the same as if 0 inverters targeted.

Quote from: chairs link=topic=20258.msg841995#msg841995 dare=1591656664
Truth be told, I've been watching these posts with interest but not had a lot of time to post. I find it laughable that I have even a nugget of suspicion laid upon me for congratulating cayvie on an excellent question and for assigning cayvie townpoints for it. I'm not expecting townpoints myself, but to call me scum based on "Oh man, I hadn't thought to ask that question that Town REALLY NEEDS AN ANSWER TO" being a reason (that is, in my mind, entirely logical) for townpoints is kind of silly. ;)

I was speaking with the wisdom of hindsight - given I had assumed double inverter canceled out, the answer was 1000 percent useful to Town, assuming we have the requisite style of Knights

It's only useful if town has two people with access to Illumination, and scum also has at least one, and the two town people know each other's order, have some way of coordinating, and decide they'd rather do that than just both use the cop power. I think those probabilities add up to a lot less than 1000 %.
I have sigs off.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 11, 2020, 05:52:47 am »

EFHW

vote: joth. No lynch seems bad for town and his reasons were strange.

Fine and null early vote.

And actually, this brings up a good point on the whole claiming house idea.  It would be beneficial for anyone to be the last person standing in their house, as they could recharge spheres freely without risk of theft (barring secondary, role-related methods of theft). So as soon as that knowledge is out there, it could affect how people vote (and how scum kills). So we should not claim to get true reads and opinions out before anyone can start trying to use that knowledge strategically.

ppe several

On the other hand, this is a townslip.

Vote: cayvie
Townslip? It's pretty scummy to be planning to kill players because they are in your house regardless of alignment.

Are you saying that Dylan is scummy for this, or just that it's not a Townslip?

vote: hypercube

Was this just for agreeing with faust's Dustbringer plan?

Have we heard from Eddie about Dylan's report on their QT? I'd like to hear what he has to say about it.

I'm very confused about Dylan saying he didn't full claim to Eddie. What is left to claim? Was there more Eddie wanted included?

I'm still trying to understand the whole Eddie thing. Did either one of them say that Dylan part-claimed? Did Dylan house-claim at some point? I don't think Dylan saying he didn't full-claim implies that he part-claimed; I take it to mean that he didn't claim. My understanding is that full-claiming to Eddie is in official action one must choose to take, whether or not Eddie already knows the details of that player's claim?

No about dibbs.
It’s so clear that the extra power belongs to the order that calling house + order a fullclaim is totally NAI.

Scumslip here? Or 3rd party slip? Knowing someone's order does not tell you the special power that goes with it.

Regarding this and Didds' post, is the suggestion that House and Order is not a full-claim unless it also includes what that Order's unique power is, or that because some player/s claim to have one or more extra abilities as Town therefore all Town must? I'm not sure the first is much more than semantics, and the second seems to be a huge assumption and requires something close to a massclaim to verify. I guess the second is moot now since the IC has provided a counter-example.

Why wouldn't a town!neighbor tell us the whole story of what Eddie wanted?

What are you trying to gain from this? Surely if Town neighbours are keeping quiet it's because they have a reason to. Do you think any scum among them would be caught out if they had to open up about it (genuine question)? I doubt that any scum not aligned with Eddie (whether or not he's 3rd party) have given anything away to him they didn't want to.

vote: MiX.

Ppe: Still want to vote MiX.

Why? For disagreeing that Rhand scumslipped? For not revealing more about the Eddie business?

vote: Didds. Possible third party slip and over-emphasis on being pro-town. Why should Eddie be pro-town if he is a third party? We haven't heard any confirmation that he changed alignment.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, the Didds scumslip was disproved by Glooble (#835). Did you miss that or was the scumslip about something else?

With the pro-Town thing, are you talking about #954? Is there a reason why it's scummy, or is this just a vote to express your disagreement? Why in particular would scum complain about a 3rd party not being pro-Town?

So... some scummy things here. Scumpoints for votes on hypercube and MiX without explanation. More for seemingly being fixed on scumslips and in particular 3rd party slips (with Eddie already being 3rd party, both Didds and Rhand have been accused of 3rd party slipping - that's a lot of parties!), and for using it as a reason to vote for Didds even after it was disproved by the IC. Overall I'm inclined to put her down as mild-moderate scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 11, 2020, 06:23:26 am »

i guess faust is town. the last two times i correctly read him as scum, so there's something. I think I maybe would be willing to vote for oh man

pretty much everyone, except couple of people. I feel strongly only about Eddie, chairs or MiX.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 11, 2020, 06:35:06 am »

joth

18 people is way too many people and I never know how to play these Day 1s. Also HI.

Bold suggestion you are all going to hate, but I have to put it out there anyway: We No Lynch Day 1.

Why? Two reasons.

1) There's an even number of us so we're going to have to do it eventually.
2) Everybody has approximately 1 million powers so we're likely to learn a lot in the night.

After some consideration, I’ll support no lynch over a bad lynch day 1 but I think it’s very possible we’ll find a good lynch.

I’m basically never voting Eddie today. And I’m strongly townreading Glooble. And vaguely townreading Didds. Nobody else has pinged my radar one way or another though I am slightly miffed at EFHW’s vote.

I'm personally hard no on the stealing pact and vote: jotheonah because HARD NO on ever suggesting no lynch D1.

There it is. Took long enough. Vote: chairs

Y’all Glooble voters are crazy. He’s being hella towny.

After some consideration, I’ll support no lynch over a bad lynch day 1 but I think it’s very possible we’ll find a good lynch.

I’m basically never voting Eddie today. And I’m strongly townreading Glooble. And vaguely townreading Didds. Nobody else has pinged my radar one way or another though I am slightly miffed at EFHW’s vote.
Expand on those townreads please? Both Glooble and Didds are on my possible scum list.
And why the chairs vote?

I know Glooble very well (we’re IRL twins) and I’m usually pretty good at reading him. I also know Didds well but only from the site. Both are playing their town games and I usually can tell when they’re not.

I voted for chairs because his reaction to my no lynch suggestion was exactly the reaction scum would have.

vote: Glooble

and joth, you said twice, that you hard townread him and never said why.

Glooble is one of those players who plays more cautiously as scum and more recklessly as town.

chairs response was "No lynch is bad therefore the suggestor of no lynch must be scum." It's just an easy knee-jerk jump at the chance for a consensus mislynch. It's the exact response I was fishing for with the NL suggestion.

I don't really buy this as a reason why chairs' response was scummy. Is the suggestion that scum is worried about no-lynch actually happening? My understanding is that it's pretty universally agreed that no-lynch is bad for Town (aside from late in the game when parity is a real issue), and therefore good for scum. I think scum seeing that suggestion would be more than happy for it to happen, but highly doubt that it would have enough support.

vote: MiX

too many almost kinda pseudo scumslips. In a setup this complicated, scum has a lot of info, presumably, just based on sharing power info with each other. Town also has a lot of info just based on that huge setup post. So I can really see a scum player getting MiXed up (pun intended) and saying things that they thought were common knowledge but aren't.

If you reread MiX you see him making weird assumptions about how much stuff costs, alluding to a stealing service that we don't know exists, the thing about scum having extra powers Dylan pointed out in #312, etc.

And MiX has a town OR scum meta (not to mention a human nature) that doesn't exactly allow him to lie low.

Mmm... I don't know. It's a big complicated setup with a lot going on and 5 or more powers each. I don't know that getting parts of it wrong is particular to scum. In fact you could argue that scum would be more careful to not get things wrong.

Even so, I think I'm onto something here. Sometimes if it walks and talks and smells like a duck, it's a duck. MiX is posting like a person who's working with a different info set than the rest of us.

Is it though? You just talked yourself out of one of the ways it's like a duck. So you're left with the stealing service thing and the thing about scum spending extra spheres. Except he didn't actually say "stealing service" or "thieving service", he said "thievery service", which while it's probably a bit confusing at first glance, I totally buy that it means "service to prevent thievery". So there's just the "town and scum things" thing, which is no more convincing now than when the first scumslip argument was made.

Overall, minor Townpoints for Townreading the IC, and scumpoints for the reasons for voting chairs and MiX, landing on mild scum.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: June 11, 2020, 06:52:41 am »

9/16 rereads (not counting Glooble). Here's my summary so far:

Moderate Town
faust

Mild Town
Dylan

Null
GHS

Mild scum
LaLight
joth
Eddie
chairs

Mild-Moderate scum
EFHW

Moderate scum
Galz

It occurs to me that this is weighted towards mild scum.

It's becoming apparent that I'm not going to finish before deadline without it becoming a major case of going through the motions. I'll check the votecount tomorrow and prioritise whoever seems viable. For now, Vote: Galz.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 11, 2020, 07:32:12 am »

Jimmmmm- I really appreciate all of the heavy lifting you’re doing in the rereads. It’s really helpful.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 11, 2020, 07:34:14 am »

9/16 rereads (not counting Glooble). Here's my summary so far:

Moderate Town
faust

Mild Town
Dylan

Null
GHS

Mild scum
LaLight
joth
Eddie
chairs

Mild-Moderate scum
EFHW

Moderate scum
Galz

It occurs to me that this is weighted towards mild scum.

It's becoming apparent that I'm not going to finish before deadline without it becoming a major case of going through the motions. I'll check the votecount tomorrow and prioritise whoever seems viable. For now, Vote: Galz.
Wow, that's not a lot of townreads. Did you focus on your scumreads for rereading?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 11, 2020, 07:40:35 am »

i guess faust is town. the last two times i correctly read him as scum, so there's something. I think I maybe would be willing to vote for oh man

pretty much everyone, except couple of people. I feel strongly only about Eddie, chairs or MiX.
That linebreak threw me off. The only thing I could think for a while was "but O isn't even in this game!"
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 16 queries.