Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 266647 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: June 06, 2020, 12:23:20 pm »

(Hi, Uncleeurope speaking, I am having a bit of fun playing this character, and I obviously mean no disrespect towards anyone here that I take shots at.)

(I can calm down a bit if people think I am going too far at any point.)

(we're good)

Hey, I got a real, readable response out of you, nice :D
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 06, 2020, 12:26:39 pm »

Hey Eddie, who's scum?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 06, 2020, 12:35:11 pm »

Hey Eddie, who's scum?

"Unfortunately I am unable to talk at the moment, hopefully thy patience will extend to me while I deal with other matters."
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 06, 2020, 12:39:03 pm »

Hey Eddie, who's scum?

"Unfortunately I am unable to talk at the moment, hopefully thy patience will extend to me while I deal with other matters."

You didn't answer my question...do you not have time to give your scumreads?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 06, 2020, 12:40:15 pm »

Hey Eddie, who's scum?

whoa mix is hella townie for this, i think scum!mix would back off here.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 06, 2020, 12:42:52 pm »

Hey Eddie, who's scum?

whoa mix is hella townie for this, i think scum!mix would back off here.

"Careful, lass, you wouldn't want to sound too confident there."

"And I can safely say Glooble for now, further insight will have to wait, MiX."

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 06, 2020, 12:47:41 pm »

Thank you. I disagree, but I'm most likely wrong.

Did hall show up since I voted for him? I don't think so.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 06, 2020, 12:49:30 pm »

Scum could have more infused spheres.

I can say much more about this but eventually it's just meaninglesss setup talk that each house should discuss.

Why is it better to discuss this in the houses?
I have sigs off.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 06, 2020, 12:50:34 pm »

Scum could have more infused spheres.

I can say much more about this but eventually it's just meaninglesss setup talk that each house should discuss.

Why is it better to discuss this in the houses?

Because you kinda have to there, whereas here you don't.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 06, 2020, 12:53:53 pm »

I’m trying that stream-of-consciousness, not overthinking too much style this game. Gonna see how it works out for me.

Trying not to overthink is something scum does.

Hard disagree.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 06, 2020, 12:58:15 pm »

Y’all Glooble voters are crazy. He’s being hella towny.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 06, 2020, 01:02:04 pm »

Can you answer my question in #361 please?
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 06, 2020, 01:10:10 pm »

"A fair point, my good man, and one that I shall happily cede to thou for the time being, as well as taking this time to talk to MiX as requested."

I believe Glooble and EFHW are the only people who have said more than twelve times that I have a care to be suspicious of, which makes me more wary of other names overall.

I feel like poking at some of the more quiet folk and testing their reactions. Hypercube is my first instinct, but I typically find mixed merit in poking at people that provide questionable cases. Either they are searching for a logical scum tell as scum, or not thinking things through as town, so the accusation of Cult Leader baffled me a bit.

I think pointing towards a Vote: Pasta holds the most promise? Although my certainty is nonexistent."

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 06, 2020, 01:12:53 pm »

"A fair point, my good man, and one that I shall happily cede to thou for the time being, as well as taking this time to talk to MiX as requested."

I believe Glooble and EFHW are the only people who have said something more than twelve times that I have a care to be suspicious of, which makes me more wary of other names overall.

I feel like poking at some of the more quiet folk and testing their reactions. Hypercube is my first instinct, but I typically find mixed merit in poking at people that provide questionable cases. Either they are searching for a logical scum tell as scum, or not thinking things through as town, so the accusation of Cult Leader baffled me a bit.

I think pointing towards a Vote: Pasta holds the most promise? Although my certainty is nonexistent."

"How silly of me, I have tripped over my words and must amend my previous statement."

The narrator also had to mention that there was some amount of regret in committing to this style of writing when often a phone is the only available means with which to write.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 06, 2020, 01:16:14 pm »

It is? I was thinking of suggesting a no stealing pact to my housemates.

PPE thanks

Scum would have no problem breaking that pact, and town (in my mind) would be suspicious of the others in their house since there's no reason for there not to be at least 1 scum or non-town person in your house. The trust here could be scummy, rather, it's scummy enough for a D1 Vote: EFHW.

ppe 3

What about EFHW's plan here is scummy? I don't get what you mean when you say "the trust here could be scummy".

Town generally would be suspicious of other people in their house, since it seems fairly likely that at least one person in a house will be not town.  Not-town is generally more willing to lie for selfish gain, such as breaking such a non-stealing pact. That EFHW's plan was to trust the other people in their house suggests that they weren't coming from a towny mindset, because they would have been less likely to trust people. It isn't equivalent to a true scumslip, hence the "could be," but it was enough to warrant a vote at that point.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 06, 2020, 01:19:36 pm »

I believe Glooble and EFHW are the only people who have said something more than twelve times that I have a care to be suspicious of, which makes me more wary of other names overall.

"How silly of me, I have tripped over my words and must amend my previous statement."

The narrator also had to mention that there was some amount of regret in committing to this style of writing when often a phone is the only available means with which to write.

I'm going to be honest, as entertaining as your rhyming abilities are, it's miserable trying to get a read on you, so I would suggest finishing out D1 and coming back to normal after that, because eventually it starts to feel like you're hiding behind it. Just my 2 cents, do whatever you want though.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (PMs sent!)
« Reply #441 on: June 06, 2020, 01:53:33 pm »

"What's this?" mail-mi said as something carved itself into the ground. It seemed like a message...

Dylan32 claims Dustbringer using the Dustbringer's reporter ability.

Vote Count 1.3

Uncleeurope (1): cayvie
jotheonah (3): chairs, Galzria, hypercube
Galzria (1): Swowl
chairs (2): jotheonah, WestCoastDidds
MiX (2): Dylan32, LaLight
EFHW (1): faust
GreatHallScout (3): Rhand, MiX, Glooble
scolapasta (1): Uncleeurope

Not Voting (4): scolapasta, GreatHallScout, Jimmmmm, EFHW

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Day 1 lasts until 3:00pm FT on June 12, 2020.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 08:18:53 pm by mail-mi »
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (PMs sent!)
« Reply #442 on: June 06, 2020, 01:57:15 pm »

Dylan32 claims Dustbringer using the Dustbringer's reporter ability.

hey Dylan, what's this?

she/her

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 06, 2020, 01:58:23 pm »

Eh hm... who was it that said that dustbringers should claim? Faust? Totally feels like tmi now :/
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 06, 2020, 01:59:08 pm »

Eh hm... who was it that said that dustbringers should claim? Faust? Totally feels like tmi now :/

mindmeld on that one

she/her

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 06, 2020, 02:02:40 pm »

And what is a reporter ability?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 06, 2020, 02:12:46 pm »

Dustbringers can compose a message up to 500 characters that the mod will include in bold in their next post. If I had been on and seen Faust's post before more people had already went along with the plan, I'd have pushed back against it. As it is, I would have been able to tell if people lied once they fake claimed it once they couldn't actually use this ability. I guess it would have been hard to communicate that without claiming anyway, so I don't know. I'm pretty salty and don't think people would have gone along with that if anyone other than Faust proposed it... Also, there are 2 surges that give access to the vig surge and to the ninja/drain surge. Why not just have all 3 surges claim. I get that ninja vig would be really bad, but it takes quite a few spheres to do each, and it would likely take long enough to have both available the same night (including having to steal) that it wasn't likely to happen, at the very least not for a few days.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 06, 2020, 02:14:50 pm »

As there can be multiple people in a given order, no one else should claim Dustbringer or not. Then if someone claims it later, use the spheres to use reporter to prove it. A Dustbringers claim without reporter is scum.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 06, 2020, 02:19:47 pm »

Dustbringers can compose a message up to 500 characters that the mod will include in bold in their next post. If I had been on and seen Faust's post before more people had already went along with the plan, I'd have pushed back against it. As it is, I would have been able to tell if people lied once they fake claimed it once they couldn't actually use this ability. I guess it would have been hard to communicate that without claiming anyway, so I don't know. I'm pretty salty and don't think people would have gone along with that if anyone other than Faust proposed it... Also, there are 2 surges that give access to the vig surge and to the ninja/drain surge. Why not just have all 3 surges claim. I get that ninja vig would be really bad, but it takes quite a few spheres to do each, and it would likely take long enough to have both available the same night (including having to steal) that it wasn't likely to happen, at the very least not for a few days.

i dont think skydancers should claim bc we dont want to out our watchers. i dont think edgedancers should claim bc we don't want to out our doctors.

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 06, 2020, 02:21:26 pm »

i dont think skydancers should claim bc we dont want to out our watchers. i dont think edgedancers should claim bc we don't want to out our doctors.

fear my unpredictable apostrophe placement

also *skybreakers

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 16 queries.