Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 262698 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Now Open!)
« Reply #225 on: June 05, 2020, 05:07:44 pm »

5. Thieving: Each player has the chance to steal other players' spheres that they left out during a highstorm. Players can only steal from members of their same House. To attempt to steal, a player posts Steal from PlayerY in their personal QT during a highstorm. If only 1 person steals from PlayerX, they will receive half of the spheres that PlayerX left out in the highstorm. If two players steal from PlayerX, each player will receive one third of the spheres that PlayerX left out in the highstorm, and etc.

Someone didn't read the setup.

Vote: Dylan

That's NAI from me, and also I did, but it was back when I first /in'd to the game. Good luck remembering every detail of the setup for that long.

ppe 1

Not reading the setup when the last person /ins :o

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Now Open!)
« Reply #226 on: June 05, 2020, 05:09:43 pm »

5. Thieving: Each player has the chance to steal other players' spheres that they left out during a highstorm. Players can only steal from members of their same House. To attempt to steal, a player posts Steal from PlayerY in their personal QT during a highstorm. If only 1 person steals from PlayerX, they will receive half of the spheres that PlayerX left out in the highstorm. If two players steal from PlayerX, each player will receive one third of the spheres that PlayerX left out in the highstorm, and etc.

Someone didn't read the setup.

Vote: Dylan

That's NAI from me, and also I did, but it was back when I first /in'd to the game. Good luck remembering every detail of the setup for that long.

ppe 1

Not reading the setup when the last person /ins :o

I never said I was good at this lol.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #227 on: June 05, 2020, 05:13:38 pm »

Seems like a design flaw, since the optimal play now is for none of us to ever talk in the House Qts, which is super boring.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 05, 2020, 05:16:10 pm »

Seems like a design flaw, since the optimal play now is for none of us to ever talk in the House Qts, which is super boring.

Ha! You know you can count on me to talk....I’d literally be incapable of not finding out how everyone is doing.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 05, 2020, 05:16:24 pm »

“Perhaps I should be more clear. I think people should regularly partake of Quiet Times, (hereby referred to as ‘QTs’) for the sake of gaining information that they did not have previously.”
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 05, 2020, 05:16:56 pm »

I realized this as well, and to amend that, at the start of the first highstorm, a list of each player in the House will be posted in each House QT.

I apologize for the design error and hope this will correct it.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 05, 2020, 05:18:08 pm »

“Perhaps I should be more clear. I think people should regularly partake of Quiet Times, (hereby referred to as ‘QTs’) for the sake of gaining information that they did not have previously.”

Vote: Eddie for claiming Cult Leader.
I have sigs off.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2020, 05:18:23 pm »

“I have found myself in a similar situation to our Lady Didds. A man of my trade has little patience for a silent room.”

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 05, 2020, 05:22:05 pm »

The small man who called himself Paul stared quizzically at the overly active polyhedral.

"I must say, this leap in logic is one that I find most comical, and in many ways warrants action on my part."

He strummed his lute once and let the tone fade to nothingness before saying in a clear voice: Vote: Hypercube

Uncleeurope Eddie

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 05, 2020, 05:22:57 pm »

“I have found myself in a similar situation to our Lady Didds. A man of my trade has little patience for a silent room.”

So impatient!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 05, 2020, 05:23:30 pm »

"I must say, this leap in logic is one that I find most comical, and in many ways warrants action on my part."

Which ways are those?
I have sigs off.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 05, 2020, 05:34:44 pm »

Which ways are those?

The man's lute sprang to action, followed closely by his voice. (To the tune of "Oh Christmas Tree")

"Oh, Hypercube, Oh Hypercube,
How faulty is thy logic
'Tis not like me, to be obscene,
To speak in ways, which you could glean,
Oh, Hypercube, Oh Hypercube,
Why would a CL do this?"

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 05, 2020, 05:35:12 pm »

Uuuuh, smooth? I don't think anyone would've made that connection lol.

Also, I must insert the name shraeye in this post, not sure how I'll do it but I think I found a good way.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 05, 2020, 05:40:28 pm »

Nice details mail-mi!

Sounds like Eddie is claiming Wit, a mysterious fellow who also goes by Hoid and appears in all the cosmere books, not just this series.

vote: joth. No lynch seems bad for town and his reasons were strange.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 05, 2020, 05:40:52 pm »

I realized this as well, and to amend that, at the start of the first highstorm, a list of each player in the House will be posted in each House QT.

I apologize for the design error and hope this will correct it.

Joth IC, got it.

So joth, who are your mason buddies?

PPE: EFHW's in this game??

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 05, 2020, 05:41:51 pm »

Which ways are those?

The man's lute sprang to action, followed closely by his voice. (To the tune of "Oh Christmas Tree")

"Oh, Hypercube, Oh Hypercube,
How faulty is thy logic
'Tis not like me, to be obscene,
To speak in ways, which you could glean,
Oh, Hypercube, Oh Hypercube,
Why would a CL do this?"

Possibly because their wincon depends on people reading their QTs?
I have sigs off.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 05, 2020, 05:43:25 pm »

And actually, this brings up a good point on the whole claiming house idea.  It would be beneficial for anyone to be the last person standing in their house, as they could recharge spheres freely without risk of theft (barring secondary, role-related methods of theft). So as soon as that knowledge is out there, it could affect how people vote (and how scum kills). So we should not claim to get true reads and opinions out before anyone can start trying to use that knowledge strategically.

ppe several

On the other hand, this is a townslip.

Vote: cayvie
Townslip? It's pretty scummy to be planning to kill players because they are in your house regardless of alignment.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 05, 2020, 05:44:06 pm »

That's a reach hyper. If Uncle desperately needed to say that he was doing stuff with people's QTs, he wouldn't had made it super clear to everyone.

And actually, this brings up a good point on the whole claiming house idea.  It would be beneficial for anyone to be the last person standing in their house, as they could recharge spheres freely without risk of theft (barring secondary, role-related methods of theft). So as soon as that knowledge is out there, it could affect how people vote (and how scum kills). So we should not claim to get true reads and opinions out before anyone can start trying to use that knowledge strategically.

ppe several

Townslip? It's pretty scummy to be planning to kill players because they are in your house regardless of alignment.

The part where he thinks the only way to stop thieving is to kill everyone is towny.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 05, 2020, 05:45:23 pm »

What is a CL?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 05, 2020, 05:46:05 pm »

What is a CL?

Cult Leader, from context.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 05, 2020, 05:47:00 pm »

What is a CL?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 05, 2020, 05:47:22 pm »

So with the change in setup? is there a reason not get house info on the table now?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 05, 2020, 05:48:02 pm »

That's a reach hyper. If Uncle desperately needed to say that he was doing stuff with people's QTs, he wouldn't had made it super clear to everyone.

ppe several

The part where he thinks the only way to stop thieving is to kill everyone is towny.
It is? I was thinking of suggesting a no stealing pact to my housemates.

PPE thanks

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 05, 2020, 05:48:59 pm »

ppe several

It is? I was thinking of suggesting a no stealing pact to my housemates.

PPE thanks

Who would follow it? It's incredibly towny to steal and be stolen as long as everyone does it.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 05, 2020, 05:49:48 pm »

Nice details mail-mi!

Sounds like Eddie is claiming Wit, a mysterious fellow who also goes by Hoid and appears in all the cosmere books, not just this series.

vote: joth. No lynch seems bad for town and his reasons were strange.

The little man gave an exaggerated act of embarrassment.

"It seems that my reputation hath extended its way into your mind. Although, I must say, many of those writings approach legend more-so than fact. Primarily because I have not read them, and am making no attempt to recreate the character depicted in them."

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 20 queries.