Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 262658 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #250 on: June 05, 2020, 05:50:37 pm »

I don't know if we are still in RVS, but I have to

vote: Eddie

for getting a  Christmas carol stuck in my head.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 05, 2020, 05:52:07 pm »

That's a reach hyper. If Uncle desperately needed to say that he was doing stuff with people's QTs, he wouldn't had made it super clear to everyone.

And actually, this brings up a good point on the whole claiming house idea.  It would be beneficial for anyone to be the last person standing in their house, as they could recharge spheres freely without risk of theft (barring secondary, role-related methods of theft). So as soon as that knowledge is out there, it could affect how people vote (and how scum kills). So we should not claim to get true reads and opinions out before anyone can start trying to use that knowledge strategically.

ppe several

On the other hand, this is a townslip.

Vote: cayvie
Townslip? It's pretty scummy to be planning to kill players because they are in your house regardless of alignment.

The part where he thinks the only way to stop thieving is to kill everyone is towny.
It is? I was thinking of suggesting a no stealing pact to my housemates.

PPE thanks

Scum would have no problem breaking that pact, and town (in my mind) would be suspicious of the others in their house since there's no reason for there not to be at least 1 scum or non-town person in your house. The trust here could be scummy, rather, it's scummy enough for a D1 Vote: EFHW.

ppe 3
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 05, 2020, 05:55:48 pm »

jesus there is gonna be a lot of posts in this game.
hey all.

So rule change, what is the verdict now? Null on the House claiming as it will be published to the houses I assume?

So with the change in setup? is there a reason not get house info on the table now?
Only reason I can think of is if skum has an ability that only works on certain houses. Although same logic would dictate that town could have abilities that only works on certain houses. But we don't know which, or if either... but I guess if it was one it would also be the other... so yeah. IDK - leaning against claiming anything Day 1 is my go to, but if someone has some other thoughts I am not hard set on it I guess.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 05, 2020, 05:56:51 pm »

oh and obviously - Vote: Galz
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 05, 2020, 05:58:49 pm »

Not following you here.  I don't know how many people will be in each house, but if it's 2 or 3, I think my idea could work quite well. Or maybe you are thinking that keeping scum from infusing spheres is worth not infusing your own. I hadn't considered that because we all like using our prs so much.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 05, 2020, 05:59:27 pm »

I don't see a reason to claim houses.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 05, 2020, 06:00:29 pm »

My longer post was addressed at Dylan.  Trying to avoid wall posts.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 05, 2020, 06:01:01 pm »

It's best to know how many dun spheres someone's charging than not, and if everyone steals then you know who decided to break the pact.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 05, 2020, 06:06:10 pm »

It's best to know how many dun spheres someone's charging than not, and if everyone steals then you know who decided to break the pact.
So you are suggesting stealing as a way to get info? You still won't know who else stole spheres that night, so you won't be able to calculate how many dun spheres someone has.

Oh, I know -- a stealing pact! Everyone agrees to steal.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 05, 2020, 06:09:45 pm »

Not following you here.  I don't know how many people will be in each house, but if it's 2 or 3, I think my idea could work quite well. Or maybe you are thinking that keeping scum from infusing spheres is worth not infusing your own. I hadn't considered that because we all like using our prs so much.

I just double checked, and unless I'm mistaken, the setup post is ambiguous as to whether stolen spheres are received infused or dun. There are obvious strategic implications depending on which it is.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 05, 2020, 06:10:08 pm »

So you are suggesting stealing as a way to get info? You still won't know who else stole spheres that night, so you won't be able to calculate how many dun spheres someone has.

Yeah, that. That seems more pro-town than not stealing, although forced balancing's in theory bad I think it makes it harder for scum to steal.

I just double checked, and unless I'm mistaken, the setup post is ambiguous as to whether stolen spheres are received infused or dun. There are obvious strategic implications depending on which it is.

They're recieved infused, as the flavor makes no sense otherwise.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 05, 2020, 06:13:25 pm »

After some consideration, I’ll support no lynch over a bad lynch day 1 but I think it’s very possible we’ll find a good lynch.

I’m basically never voting Eddie today. And I’m strongly townreading Glooble. And vaguely townreading Didds. Nobody else has pinged my radar one way or another though I am slightly miffed at EFHW’s vote.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 05, 2020, 06:13:53 pm »

A stealing pact would redistribute spheres from people who use them to people who don't, which seems most likely to be negative utility (depending somewhat on what powers scum has).
I have sigs off.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 05, 2020, 06:16:40 pm »

This is interesting, but possibly not ideal. If everyone in the house agrees to set out X dun spheres and steals from a target, then everyone in the house gets equal benefit, but it's far from ideal for most players. I suppose it would prevent scum from lying, because say the plan is to steal in a circle like A>B>C>...>A. If you gain more than the expected number, you know your target set out more than agreed. If you lose more, you know more than 1 person targeted you, and if you didn't lose any, you know the person targeting you didn't. Combine those different things and it would be easy enough to figure out exactly who didn't follow the plan.

ppe 3

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 05, 2020, 06:21:42 pm »

I'm personally hard no on the stealing pact and vote: jotheonah because HARD NO on ever suggesting no lynch D1.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 05, 2020, 06:22:29 pm »

A stealing pact would redistribute spheres from people who use them to people who don't, which seems most likely to be negative utility (depending somewhat on what powers scum has).

If people set out different numbers of spheres, you're right. But if the number is part of the pact and everyone follows it, everyone gets the same benefit. Although like MiX said, forcing balance may not be good.

And MiX, I was thinking with flavor, if someone steals your spheres when you set them out, they are taking the spheres away before they are infused, because you would want to grab them asap after they are infused, and so it would depend on the timing of the steal. Also, I have no idea what the flavor is, never even heard of these books before this game, so any flavor related arguments beyond those spelled out in setup and QT will go over my head.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 05, 2020, 06:24:37 pm »

If people set out different numbers of spheres, you're right. But if the number is part of the pact and everyone follows it, everyone gets the same benefit. Although like MiX said, forcing balance may not be good.

And MiX, I was thinking with flavor, if someone steals your spheres when you set them out, they are taking the spheres away before they are infused, because you would want to grab them asap after they are infused, and so it would depend on the timing of the steal. Also, I have no idea what the flavor is, never even heard of these books before this game, so any flavor related arguments beyond those spelled out in setup and QT will go over my head.

You see, they're charged in the highstorm, so first you wait for them to be charged, and then you steal them.

Now we will go on a tangent on how and when to steal magical spheres during a magical storm when stored in a fictional location.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 05, 2020, 06:25:22 pm »

I'm personally hard no on the stealing pact and vote: jotheonah because HARD NO on ever suggesting no lynch D1.

There it is. Took long enough. Vote: chairs
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 05, 2020, 06:25:44 pm »

Vote: chairs

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 05, 2020, 06:26:37 pm »

Nice details mail-mi!

Sounds like Eddie is claiming Wit, a mysterious fellow who also goes by Hoid and appears in all the cosmere books, not just this series.

vote: joth. No lynch seems bad for town and his reasons were strange.

EFHW are you scum again?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 05, 2020, 06:27:26 pm »

Why chairs and not EFHW?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2020, 06:28:02 pm »

Vote: EFHW

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2020, 06:29:11 pm »

So with the change in setup? is there a reason not get house info on the table now?

What's the benefit?

she/her

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 05, 2020, 06:29:22 pm »

You see, they're charged in the highstorm, so first you wait for them to be charged, and then you steal them.

Now we will go on a tangent on how and when to steal magical spheres during a magical storm when stored in a fictional location.

If this is an actual (fictional) thing that happens is the books, then you're probably right.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 05, 2020, 06:30:16 pm »

Vote: EFHW

Mix are you 3p again?

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.