Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 211903 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Arena Opening Today!!
« Reply #325 on: March 19, 2020, 11:36:24 am »

I am kind of floating on top of the game, especially D1, because I don't really know what to do, to be honest. There was a game when I was town and lynched D1 because of that, so it's not AI

well, if you insist

vote: LaLight

i mean heck this is a real juicy d1 from my perspective, i'm gettin alignment pings left and right. i don't buy that you're picking up absolutely nothing. or rather, i don't buy that you're town and picking up absolutely nothing.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 19, 2020, 11:37:07 am »

So, either, shraeye feels very strongly that not trusting your district partner makes you scum, or shraeye is scum themselves.
These are not the only options here.

Well, this was based on the "certainty" of his assertion. What other options do you see?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 19, 2020, 11:37:49 am »

I'm giving him a day pass because of this, was what I meant.

And he's being lynched today over my dead body. Dayvig me, I'm ready now.

whoa, okay.

I've been the newbie that was lynched day 1, it ruins the current game and the next as there's nothing to read them over. It's a waste and new people are easier to read anyway, especially if they're scum.

And yeah that was a little over the top, that's how I roll.

Not often that I straight up agree with MiX, but I do here. There is no time that I get lynched that it doesn’t hurt my feelings. (But I’m tender like that and so that feeling isn’t new to me because, you know, life.) Anyway, I have been playing codenames with Scola, I think he’d like mafia and suggested that he play with us, so I’m not going to participate in getting him lynched on D1 before he gets to figure out how awesome this game and our community are.

I appreciate the sentiment. But I'd say don't "not lynch" me just for this reason, I can handle it. That said don't just lynch me because shraeye's upset that I wouldn't tell them my draft order.
Can we lynch you because you're scum though?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 19, 2020, 11:38:26 am »

Also, man this goes fast - every time I try to post, a new message or two gets posted before I can hit "Post".

Update: even happened with this post!
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 19, 2020, 11:39:44 am »

So, either, shraeye feels very strongly that not trusting your district partner makes you scum, or shraeye is scum themselves.
These are not the only options here.

Well, this was based on the "certainty" of his assertion. What other options do you see?
Options that I don't think it's beneficial to discuss right now.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 19, 2020, 11:41:16 am »

Also, man this goes fast - every time I try to post, a new message or two gets posted before I can hit "Post".

One of the things you’ll see, sometime is “PPE: 4” or something like that. It refers to the number of posts that appeared prior to posting.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 19, 2020, 11:42:10 am »

I am kind of floating on top of the game, especially D1, because I don't really know what to do, to be honest. There was a game when I was town and lynched D1 because of that, so it's not AI

well, if you insist

vote: LaLight

i mean heck this is a real juicy d1 from my perspective, i'm gettin alignment pings left and right. i don't buy that you're picking up absolutely nothing. or rather, i don't buy that you're town and picking up absolutely nothing.

as far as I see here, people have 3 or 4 levels of claiming in mind and discuss every one of them as to how better to do it, some people randomly claim some of them based on their opinion at how everyone should claim and I don't think anything of this particularly townie or scummy, tbh. Scum, especially clever scum can participate in all this setup speculation liikng completely townie here. So yeah
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 19, 2020, 11:43:34 am »

yeah this is day 1 of a biggish game during a global pandemic, it's gonna be wild
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 19, 2020, 11:45:00 am »

I was pretty high up top the draft order, so you might want not to lynch me here, guys

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 19, 2020, 11:45:37 am »

I was pretty high up top the draft order, so you might want not to lynch me here, guys

unvote

she/her

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 19, 2020, 11:47:08 am »

I'm giving him a day pass because of this, was what I meant.

And he's being lynched today over my dead body. Dayvig me, I'm ready now.

whoa, okay.

I've been the newbie that was lynched day 1, it ruins the current game and the next as there's nothing to read them over. It's a waste and new people are easier to read anyway, especially if they're scum.

And yeah that was a little over the top, that's how I roll.

Not often that I straight up agree with MiX, but I do here. There is no time that I get lynched that it doesn’t hurt my feelings. (But I’m tender like that and so that feeling isn’t new to me because, you know, life.) Anyway, I have been playing codenames with Scola, I think he’d like mafia and suggested that he play with us, so I’m not going to participate in getting him lynched on D1 before he gets to figure out how awesome this game and our community are.

I appreciate the sentiment. But I'd say don't "not lynch" me just for this reason, I can handle it. That said don't just lynch me because shraeye's upset that I wouldn't tell them my draft order.
Can we lynch you because you're scum though?

If I were, sure. But other than shraeye's* unsupported claim ("It's based on our QT, if you want to give a pass, then whatever."),  why do you think I'm scum?

* and no specific reason to trust the source, is there? In fact, shraeye's the one who just suggested claiming draft order, no? Wouldn't knowing draft order (especially of there's a 2nd rounder among scum) really help the scum narrow do who has what item?

I will say this: shraeye's claim of 13 here is the same they claimed to be in the QT. So at least they are consistent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 19, 2020, 11:53:52 am »

why do you think I'm scum?
Why do you want to know?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 19, 2020, 11:54:34 am »

vote: raptor

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 19, 2020, 11:55:45 am »

If I were, sure. But other than shraeye's* unsupported claim ("It's based on our QT, if you want to give a pass, then whatever."),  why do you think I'm scum?

* and no specific reason to trust the source, is there? In fact, shraeye's the one who just suggested claiming draft order, no? Wouldn't knowing draft order (especially of there's a 2nd rounder among scum) really help the scum narrow do who has what item?

I will say this: shraeye's claim of 13 here is the same they claimed to be in the QT. So at least they are consistent.

the reason to trust the source is that it's a bold move that would put a lot of heat on shraeye if you flip town. and in general, 1-1 trades aren't in scum's favor early. so the very fact that he made a confident statement against you is a point in shraeye's favor.

regarding draft order and roundclaim, i mean, theoretically it would help, but it's a pretty tricky puzzle, i think.

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 19, 2020, 11:56:30 am »

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 19, 2020, 11:57:35 am »

Why do you want to know?

I always tend to forget how Awaclusian faust can be

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 19, 2020, 12:00:25 pm »

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 19, 2020, 12:08:45 pm »

Why do you want to know?

Is this part of the "reading" people. The more I talk...

Anyway, this one seems fairly obvious. shraeye and you are the ones who voted for me (and LaLight, though at least they hedged with an "I guess"). If you have good reason, sure, let us know, and others can vote for me too. Without good reason? Why should anyone follow your lead, then?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 19, 2020, 12:10:02 pm »

Why do you want to know?

Anyway, this one seems fairly obvious. shraeye and you are the ones who voted for me (and LaLight, though at least they hedged with an "I guess"). If you have good reason, sure, let us know, and others can vote for me too. Without good reason? Why should anyone follow your lead, then?

Why do you, specifically, want to know the reasons behind votes on yourself? They don't help you in your decision to jump onto your own wagon.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 19, 2020, 12:12:12 pm »

Man, a lot's going down here.

I'm starting to become skeptical that claiming anything is in any way beneficial but I also tend to trust ash's plans. So I was first round
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 19, 2020, 12:15:48 pm »

the reason to trust the source is that it's a bold move that would put a lot of heat on shraeye if you flip town. and in general, 1-1 trades aren't in scum's favor early. so the very fact that he made a confident statement against you is a point in shraeye's favor.

regarding draft order and roundclaim, i mean, theoretically it would help, but it's a pretty tricky puzzle, i think.

It is a bold move, sure, but I maintain based on what? I'd love to see the reasoning. Again, outside of I wouldn't share my draft order.

I'm definitely willing to consider shraeye as not scum and just being overly aggressive. Especially considering if they were scum, it wouldn't seem prudent to lynch the newbie. (i.e. shraeye is town or just not very good at being scum)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 19, 2020, 12:18:17 pm »

Why do you want to know?

Why do you, specifically, want to know the reasons behind votes on yourself? They don't help you in your decision to jump onto your own wagon.

Still seems obvious, I'd rather still be alive after D1, no? So I'm defending myself. No reason = fewer votes for me. (or at least I'd like to think it should)

Do people not usually try to defend themselves?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 19, 2020, 12:19:18 pm »

Did I miss scola or faust round claiming or did they not claim? There's also EFHW missing.

Still seems obvious, I'd rather still be alive after D1, no? So I'm defending myself. No reason = fewer votes for me. (or at least I'd like to think it should)

Then if they don't give their reason others won't vote, which helps your survival.

Will you round claim?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 19, 2020, 12:25:46 pm »

Did I miss scola or faust round claiming or did they not claim? There's also EFHW missing.

Then if they don't give their reason others won't vote, which helps your survival.

Will you round claim?

Well, two people quickly jumped on the bandwagon without any reasons. I guess that surprised me.

I'm still not sure how round claiming right now helps (vs hinders). I'm sure the reasoning why was explained, but I think I missed it.

(Note neither of my two main accusers (shraeye, faust) have round claimed yet either.)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 16 queries.