Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 226123 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #1075 on: April 19, 2020, 03:13:14 am »

I have a few thoughts on people, which I'll share in the morning if that seems like a good idea then.

Other general thought: I think I agree with the people who'd rather see a Mafia lynch if we can today, and I'm not sure Galz is reall Mafia. Anyone want to persuade me otherwise before I wake up aagin in ~8 hours from now?
Is there someone else that you are sure is mafia? Because then I'm happy to switch.

Eh, I'll put together a case, but the burden of proof against Galz for some reason seems to be much higher than against anyone else.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 19, 2020, 03:36:29 am »

I've pointed all this out before, but here's a neat overview, starting with the most damning.

1. If the petition serves no other purpose than for Galzria's win condition, then the process makes no sense. A player would need to sign, and then agree again after enough signatures are in. There is no game-design reason for requiring the second approval, as it doesn't matter to the player and they already made a choice.

2. As pointed out, the claim is inconsistent - Galz doesn't know the identities of the signees, but gets to choose one of them. First of all he would have us believe that he did not notice this discrepancy until he claimed today. Also, he would have us believe that ashersky did not provide clarification for an integral part of his role. That's not the mod!ashersky that I know, and it doesn't fit my with interactions with ashersky in this game.
I think the solution here is that actually Galzria doesn't know the signees, but the thing that the signatures do is something else, which is how it happened that he made a claim that doesn't quite work.

3. It doesn't make a lot of sense flavor-wise. Yon sign a petition to do something, and if enough people sign it... nothing happens to further the purpose of the petition? Come on.

4. It's weird that the number claimed doesn't coincide with the number of players who posted. I think it is very unlikely that anyone in this game would choose to not post in a neighborhood.

5. Galzria offered to self-hammer, which doesn't work at all with a Survivor-like role. As a scum gambit, it makes more sense.

6. His persistence on Didds is nonsense. He wants her lynched, but doesn't want to say any reasons that might convince others because ... maybe she'll say something more incriminating? Well there's not much time left for that in this day. I think that he has nothing on Didds actually, and the case is made up, there is no scumtell. Galzria just wants to be seen arguing against Didds for some reason. And a Survivor doesn't have a reason to make up disingenuous reads.

7. He says he could be randomly included in the neighborhood he generates. So like... he can sign his own petition, but only sometimes, up to RNG? Seems unnecessarily swingy without reason, he could just always be in there or never.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 19, 2020, 03:40:11 am »

8. He spent most of his D1 time voting for town. That alone isn't a big thing, but it fits with a scum!Galzria picture.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 19, 2020, 03:59:51 am »

Clarification from a guy watching outside the ring - op says he won’t answer certain shit. And i can confirm that is true.
Can you point me to where it says that?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 19, 2020, 08:42:07 am »

I am convinced that while Galz is a good choice, scum is a better choice.
Does that mean you're convinced that Galzria isn't scum? Why?

Last night I was feeling like the tides were turning, largely from reading Space. But this morning I had some thoughts and now I’m more convinced Galz is scum. I need to get up and going, feed the humans and animals, and then re-read a bit and think, but I’m feeling some clarity that I didn’t have before.

His convinced-ness of my scumminess, along with not signing his petition, has me wondering if his wincon is tied to having those who didn’t sign die before he dies.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: April 19, 2020, 09:29:31 am »

It's a shame that we've got a result on skip since they are the towniest town who ever towned.

wait what?

Yeah. This. Like, he’s not the scummiest scum who ever scummed, but he’s by no means townie.
Nulliest null who ever nulled?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 19, 2020, 11:19:00 am »

When is deadline?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 19, 2020, 11:57:45 am »

When is deadline?
lmF3tfy:
With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.  Day 2 ends on April 19 at 21:30 forum time.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 19, 2020, 11:59:38 am »

Didds.  Thoughts on mailmi??

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 19, 2020, 12:04:25 pm »

Yeah, reread confirms. 

Vote: Didds

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 19, 2020, 12:18:02 pm »

When is deadline?
lmF3tfy:
With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.  Day 2 ends on April 19 at 21:30 forum time.

Oh, I did not realize that was so close. Ill hopefully be able to get to stuff today but it's Sunday so we'll see. I'm at least comfortable with my vote right now, willing to switch to e if necessary. Would also lynch galz if no other option becomes available. Will not lynch skip.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 19, 2020, 12:27:04 pm »

I was looking for evidence that, despite my memories, Didds was participating in this game.  Did not find.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 19, 2020, 01:51:03 pm »

Okay, let’s kill EFHW, then.

Let’s not just pile on e for funsies.

But you're not voting for her?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 19, 2020, 02:00:10 pm »

Okay, let’s kill EFHW, then.

Let’s not just pile on e for funsies.

But you're not voting for her?

True.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 19, 2020, 02:30:28 pm »

Fun times rereading on a Sunday!

There are 4 people voting for me, all with very little actual reason aside from I have a tick (Glaz), and I don't seem like me (Mail-mi and Eddie) and I am not participating (Shraeye). Here is what I get from the reread on mail-mi....he spends most of D1 gunning for MiX. Then on D2, he defends Galz, and then Skip, and now is willing to lynch Galz. He votes for WCD, can't remember why, then says he's cool with the vote, but could also go Galz. This, in conjunction with coloring himself green on the MiX wagon demonstrates to me that he isn't much interested in finding scum. He's doing no hunting, just kind of hanging about and defending.

Here are the relevant posts.  I haven't included anything about the "education" he received or discussions of bus driving/chaos/etc.

Lots of stuff happened while I was asleep. I think Galz is telling the truth, and I'm feeling scummy about Eddie.

vote: Didds

Not liking her reaction to Galz's scumread on her, seems over-the-top and not like town Didds.

I would have to look him [Skip] over again, because right now I'm pretty null on him. Would be willing to move over.

FWIW, I believe Galz in this claim. And there's no reason to lunch him because, like he's stated, he's helping town right now, and we could use our lunch in better places.

Galz has claimed some sort of survivor variant who can win with town. Nothing in his claim has struck scum bells or liar bells in my head, especially given his responses to doubts on his claim. As of right now, other scum are more dangerous than this third party (especially since Galz can't kill) and so I am on the lookout for those scum. If and when new information comes to light, I will reexamine Galz, but for now he's off the table for me.

Final thoughts on skip: I think his play during the day has come up on the scummy side, but the role power that he has (which I received) is not a scum rolepower.

So, I am going to stay on WCD and I think skip is likely town, but I would be willing to join his lynch if it's our only option.

A similar question to @Mail-mi, about the MiX wagon from about #400. The wagon reached 7 at its peak (#320), but then faust moved off. LL and pubby were there, as was claimed-third-party Galz. Swan left the wagon at #409. What is your impression of the scum team's movements at that point, in terms of where they were voting if the MiX mislynch perhaps wasn't a big focus for them? Do you infer anything about Shraeye's or Swan's alignment?

Let me go take a look at those posts.

So the wagon at its peak was [mail-mi, shraeye, Galzria, DatSwan, faust, LaLight, pubby]. I find it hard to believe that there are no scum on this wagon, considering it was on town. I have a bit of a townier read on shraeye (no particular reason, just feelings and experiences with playing with shraeye in the past) so I'd say faust/DatSwan is more likely to be scum here. I'd have to do a reread of both to be certain, but I'd definitely be willing to switch to either of them (or shraeye if necessary) if it comes down to it.

Also reiterating, I will not be lynching skip today, and will be actively against it.

I can't remember exactly why I was voting WCD, so I'll need to reread her and e and see what I want.

Oh, I did not realize that was so close. Ill hopefully be able to get to stuff today but it's Sunday so we'll see. I'm at least comfortable with my vote right now, willing to switch to e if necessary. Would also lynch galz if no other option becomes available. Will not lynch skip.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 19, 2020, 02:31:06 pm »

I still prefer Galz (++ faust's post). Ok with Didds, just hoping to see Galz flip first.

PPE: Didds

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 19, 2020, 02:47:45 pm »

Yeah, lynching Galzria is definitely still my top choice.

I should be up in the middle of the night to change a diaper so I can potentially help a lynch get through, but no promises since the little guys schedule, while somewhat predicable, can change it a moment's notice.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 19, 2020, 02:48:44 pm »

On to Shraeye
On D1 he was all MiX, all the time.  D2, he started out on Galz, has spent most of the day on Skip, and now has switched to me. Here is his commentary about me on D2:

I'm not voting for EFHW right now.  The Galz business is 8x more exciting than this.
vote: Galzria

And Didds too; I'd vote Didds

WCD is scum, and you should lynch her.
Did you figure this out before or after you started the day by voting for EFWH for no apparent reasom?

I'm still feeling down for WCD.  Gonna look at things, but tonight is family game night.  Ain't no game night like herding shraeye's family

Didds.  Thoughts on mailmi??

Yeah, reread confirms. 

I was looking for evidence that, despite my memories, Didds was participating in this game.  Did not find.

I am not seeing anything like a reason for his vote other than that I am not participating? That seems like a perception that is hard to counter. I have asked Shraeye three questions that he ignored completely (why he doesn't think Glaz's claim is a survivor, why he is voting for skip, and why he is down for my lynch).

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 19, 2020, 03:18:22 pm »

Now Eddie.  This one is a lot shorter, and basically boils down to "eh, why not" even though EFHW seems to be his larger target.

Okay, fair enough, Didds being dead works for me.

I vastly prefer Didds to Galz here. I also don’t think a scum who has claimed an expendable third party tries to lynch a partner as hard as Galz did. Especially when it looked like people were leaning towards going Didds. That essentially nails down two scum for one if people follow him on Didds.

I just can’t see Galz making up such an awful *claim to connect to a weird petition thing.

Especially considering the flavor of the thing already pointing to that."
*occurs over two posts, I compiled them for clarity

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 19, 2020, 03:20:11 pm »

8. He spent most of his D1 time voting for town. That alone isn't a big thing, but it fits with a scum!Galzria picture.

How consistent would that be with SK!Galz? Obviously he'd probably rather be voting for Mafia than town, but that can be hard to figure out D1.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: April 19, 2020, 03:22:35 pm »

Here are the relevant posts.  I haven't included anything about the "education" he received or discussions of bus driving/chaos/etc.

I think considering the "education" is relevant, though, because he's hard-definding another player because of it. Do you think that's likely scum behaviour? Also, do you personally feel any differently about Skip's possible alignment in light of it?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 19, 2020, 03:28:45 pm »

I think considering the "education" is relevant, though, because he's hard-definding another player because of it. Do you think that's likely scum behaviour? Also, do you personally feel any differently about Skip's possible alignment in light of it?

I find Skip pretty towny overall.  I am far less certain about mail-mi, but I can see that it would be helpful to him to buddy himself up to a towny person, especially since Shraeye dropped his Skip case. Between his vote for me based on nothing, defense of Galz, then defense of Skip, now willingness to vote for Galz, I think Mail-mi is our best chance for scummy scum over Galz's brand of scum.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 19, 2020, 03:34:50 pm »

How consistent would that be with SK!Galz? Obviously he'd probably rather be voting for Mafia than town, but that can be hard to figure out D1.

It’s a literal non-tell for anybody.

I spent “most” of the day voting for Town. I voted Cayvie in 194, MiX in 275, and I hammered Pubby at 514.

Swan spent “most” of the day voting for Town. He voted Eddie in 149, MiX in 295, and Pubby in 409.

Shraeye spent “most” of the day voting for Town. He voted MiX (only) in 273.

Mail-Mi spent “most” of the day voting Town. He voted MiX in 60, Cayvie in 198, and MiX in 219.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 19, 2020, 03:37:18 pm »

I spent “most” of the day voting for Town. I voted Cayvie in 194, MiX in 275, and I hammered Pubby at 514.

Swan spent “most” of the day voting for Town. He voted Eddie in 149, MiX in 295, and Pubby in 409.

Mail-Mi spent “most” of the day voting Town. He voted MiX in 60, Cayvie in 198, and MiX in 219.

Awwww, I’m touched.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 19, 2020, 03:37:24 pm »

I agree with Galz on this.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 16 queries.