Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 226120 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #1025 on: April 18, 2020, 04:54:20 pm »

Didds, what is your read on Swan?

He is the opposite of jumping around, piling on, making flimsy cases, or being stubborn. So, he’s high on my town list, but not as high as cayvie.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 18, 2020, 04:57:16 pm »

@Everyone not on Galzria: Could you explain why you have such a strong read on whoever you're voting for that you are willing to forgo a guaranteed non-town lynch in order to push it thorugh?

So my explanation has a lot to do more with I guess the reverse logic of your statement.
If we lynch galz... and he flips as he says... then the only look back we learn about from iso-ing players today is that there is "most likely a likelihood that aliens wanted galz dead". Like, it doesn't generate any info for us to use. And as we would be essentially accepting "a non town lynch" to play it safe to have a better chance later... I would kind of like to you know "actually have a better chance later".

Now obv the counter to this would be if you think Galz actually has a at least decent potential to flip over as skum... then ok I get it. What IS the range that you think galz can realistically flip here?
I disagree that it doesn't generate info. People have taken all kinds of stances and they are relevant to their alignment even if Galzria flips "third party". (note that Galzria will not "flip what he says"... I don't think the flip will allow us any conclusion on whether he told the truth about everything.

What is the range? Uh everything except town. I've been asked about likelihoods before and I don't know. I think he's lying, he has an incentive to lie as either scum or third party. I find the offer to self-hammer a bit more of a scum move.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 18, 2020, 05:00:33 pm »

He is the opposite of jumping around, piling on, making flimsy cases, or being stubborn. So, he’s high on my town list, but not as high as cayvie.

Except 3/4 of those things are town traits.

Arguably all 4, but I can give you one.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 18, 2020, 05:00:56 pm »

Also having another night where maybe all of our targeting won't be completely screwed up... might actually help us find scum.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 18, 2020, 06:02:02 pm »

She said I was high on her town list? im confused at your response.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 18, 2020, 06:03:40 pm »

Also having another night where maybe all of our targeting won't be completely screwed up... might actually help us find scum.

ok but like what is your % chance realistically that you think he flips not survivor here? ballpark.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 18, 2020, 06:07:36 pm »

She said I was high on her town list? im confused at your response.

i think there's some confusing double negatives here; WCD i believe said you were "not [4 things]" and eddie said "but 3 of [4 things] are townie"
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 18, 2020, 06:10:44 pm »

Also - Cayvie... why still EFHW? Is that still like a strong case in your opinion?

i think so! i'd put her at the highest chance of flipping mafia rn. not based on night actions anymore, obv. but based on admittedly not paying attention day 1 and then i really really don't like her post about vigs being a "threat"; i think that's a genuine scumslip.

i mean obviously i'm a little tunneled too. but i think galz has like the lowest chance of flipping *mafia* today of anyone besides myself. so i won't be voting him today.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 18, 2020, 08:59:51 pm »

I agree with EFHW that mail-mi using green for himself in his wagon analysis wasn't great, and I've been told off for self-colouring green in the past. More interesting is perhaps the fact that faust commented on the purple colour for Galz, but not on mail-mi's own colour. I think that's probably just due to the relative levels of suspicion faust places on the two, but it it's worth having out there as an observation.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 18, 2020, 09:00:48 pm »

I have a few thoughts on people, which I'll share in the morning if that seems like a good idea then.

Other general thought: I think I agree with the people who'd rather see a Mafia lynch if we can today, and I'm not sure Galz is reall Mafia. Anyone want to persuade me otherwise before I wake up aagin in ~8 hours from now?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: April 18, 2020, 09:28:10 pm »

Looking at voting patterns, I noticed that Skip is voting in sync with cayvie. He doesn't vote every time she does, but every time he votes it is soon after one of her votes and for the same person as she voted for. This happens three times, at 144, 332, and 627. (your post numbers may differ by one)
Yes, totally not a coincidence. I got a strong townread on cayvie fairly early and I liked her reasoning behind those votes so I sheeped her. I would point out that the 3rd one had less to do with sheeping cayvie and more that she had incriminating night action stuff on you. I also targeted cayvie last night due to my townread on her.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 18, 2020, 09:29:01 pm »

I am in total agreement with Faust that galz is hiding something. Unfortunately, since nobody else expressed that opinion, we haven't really made a compelling incentive for him to tell the truth.
What do you suggest would make a stronger incentive? L-1?
I was thinking L-1 with intent to hammer.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 18, 2020, 09:34:42 pm »

I agree with EFHW that mail-mi using green for himself in his wagon analysis wasn't great, and I've been told off for self-colouring green in the past. More interesting is perhaps the fact that faust commented on the purple colour for Galz, but not on mail-mi's own colour. I think that's probably just due to the relative levels of suspicion faust places on the two, but it it's worth having out there as an observation.

i would be definitely interested in your thoughts on faust. though i'm not sure this item in particular is indicative of anything in particular to me; i think purple is just more noticeable than green, and we'd been talking about Galz's alignment all day anyway.

she/her

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 18, 2020, 10:09:48 pm »

Other general thought: I think I agree with the people who'd rather see a Mafia lynch if we can today, and I'm not sure Galz is reall Mafia. Anyone want to persuade me otherwise before I wake up aagin in ~8 hours from now?
For me the thing is that the petition sign up thing and the proxy thing are sort of implausible. Usually, mafia (and really most games) is about making choices that will help achieve your goal. But here we just have a qt where a third of us get together every night to discuss whether galz deserves to win.

If I had to guess, I would say the qt gives him powers as people sign up; maybe a nk, maybe something more subtle. But really it doesn't matter what my guess would be;  what matters is that I think what galz is saying is untrue.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 18, 2020, 10:10:53 pm »

I have a few thoughts on people, which I'll share in the morning if that seems like a good idea then.

There is no evidence that Galz is survivor, and there is indication that Didds could be his partner. So I want to see the flip.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 18, 2020, 10:13:16 pm »

There is no evidence that Galz is survivor, and there is indication that Didds could be his partner. So I want to see the flip.

How is Didds Galz’s partner?

I am so lost right now.

Uncleeurope Eddie

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 18, 2020, 10:15:16 pm »

what evidence would you be looking for to indicate that Galz is a survivor?

she/her

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 18, 2020, 10:18:50 pm »

Huh?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 18, 2020, 10:20:31 pm »

Also - Cayvie... why still EFHW? Is that still like a strong case in your opinion?

... but based on admittedly not paying attention day 1 ...

I was busy irl. I posted as much a couple times.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 18, 2020, 10:21:22 pm »

If the galz lynch doesn't pan out, of the people with votes, I'd like a efhw lynch better than a eddie or didds lynch.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 18, 2020, 10:22:14 pm »

I would not mind an e lynch though

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 18, 2020, 10:24:53 pm »

Vote Count 2.10:

Galzria (4): skip, faust, 2.7, EHFW
WCD (3): Galzria, uncle, mail-mi
uncleeurope (2): DatSwan, WCD
EFHW (1): cayvie

Not Voting (2): SpaceAnemone, shraeye

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.  Day 2 ends on April 19 at 21:30 forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 18, 2020, 10:29:46 pm »

I would not mind an e lynch though

Eh, same, honestly.

His pushing me, then immediately giving up was a bit manufactured.

Uncleeurope Eddie

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 18, 2020, 10:36:56 pm »

Okay.... less than 24 hours

In the interest of consolidation, I need to move my vote. I am convinced that while Galz is a good choice, scum is a better choice.  I don’t think Eddie is town, but I’m not sure I can build an actual case.

Vote: e

There is a lot of not normal e stuff happening, and the push them drop of Eddie looked like a buddy move.  I’ll have some more time to think tomorrow. Also, I still trust cayvie, and had weird vibes from EFHW earlier, so I can see that as feasible too.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 18, 2020, 10:49:40 pm »

ok lemme reread e.

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.