Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 223451 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #1125 on: April 19, 2020, 06:11:20 pm »

Rereading WCD right now.

I think I agree with EFHW's sentiment about WCD's day 1: actilurking. Not saying much of anything, only coming in to respond to cases on her. (again, i find that a scum trait) Scummy.

She was on the pubby wagon, though I don't think she takes a scummy place there. It was nearing end of day, moved her vote to consolidate. Null.

Wow...you are the delusional humanist. I am not scum. Not even a little bit. Your certainty is laughable, but also infuriating because the only way for me to prove that you're wrong is to die, and then I am dead and you win and you don't even care that you are completely mischaracterizing me.

If you think anyone would sign to prove me wrong you are WAAAYYY overestimating my value to anyone in this game.

Even your scenario doesn't make sense.  If Lalight was killed because he signed, Eddie is just as likely to have done it. You zeroing in on me says something else is going on here.

This is post 828, and it rubs me the wrong way. I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe because I just don't see town!WCD being so...abrasive?

End of this day has turned a little bit more towny for WCD, so townpoints there.

There's the end of my reread. I'm still happy with my vote, for the reasons I stated when I voted her (not liking her reaction to galz's case). It's not the strongest case though, so I can be convinced to vote elsewhere.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 19, 2020, 06:11:36 pm »

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 19, 2020, 06:12:34 pm »

gonna take a break, hoping to reread e or EFHW when I get back.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 19, 2020, 06:19:01 pm »

OK - caught up. Just gonna broad stroke it.

@ Galz:

1) Your case on WCD is weak, at best. Like it doesn't even matter. You could divulge what you think WCD's quirk is at this point and there is so little time left in the day people would not have time to even attempt to go back and read games to verify it. And even if they did, well I can't speak for others, but for me even if it added up it wouldn't swing me.

2) That actually is kind of my whole basis on why you almost must be what you claim to be - I dont think you bring that case forward as skum and tunnel it like this.

3) I do not want to lynch you, but I will lynch you before WCD. I also do not believe I want to lynch faust. From my POV, if you are skum, then he is not skum... and if you are Survivor and he is skum, he would not want to lynch you, he would want to lynch town. EFHW I would lynch over Galz/Faust/WCD, so if you wanna try for that, I will join you there for now. But it is purely based a pool of people that I do not want to lynch and EFHW coming in 4th out of 4.

Why in the world would scum!faust not want to lynch Survivor!me (or SK!me)? Both are literally the exact same thing as a town lynch to him, and I have a ready-made case against me that he can push without taking flak as being a "scummy" thing to do when I flip?

because this is an RMM. So if he is skum and you are survivor, then he has to believe your claim essentially. That is not a threat to him weighed against potential town!PRs that exist somewhere else.

The sk point is fair enough.

And if he's an Alien scum? Then we literally cannot both win, and thus I am as much a threat to him as any other player.

k fair - but if your read on faust that makes sense, which I suppose it at least has merit to it, is "he is alien skum he would want me dead bc we can't win together", why would you spend the whole day pushing WCD instead of faust?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 19, 2020, 06:20:51 pm »

to clarify - unless I am missing something, your read on WCD is she is skum. Which is good for you at this point if true if they get lynched. But no where near as good as alien skum... or even probably alien town... though I have no idea how you would get a read on alien town, so I guess that doesn't matter. But still, Alien!skum is def better for you then Random!Skum.
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 19, 2020, 06:26:55 pm »

OK - caught up. Just gonna broad stroke it.

@ Galz:

1) Your case on WCD is weak, at best. Like it doesn't even matter. You could divulge what you think WCD's quirk is at this point and there is so little time left in the day people would not have time to even attempt to go back and read games to verify it. And even if they did, well I can't speak for others, but for me even if it added up it wouldn't swing me.

2) That actually is kind of my whole basis on why you almost must be what you claim to be - I dont think you bring that case forward as skum and tunnel it like this.

3) I do not want to lynch you, but I will lynch you before WCD. I also do not believe I want to lynch faust. From my POV, if you are skum, then he is not skum... and if you are Survivor and he is skum, he would not want to lynch you, he would want to lynch town. EFHW I would lynch over Galz/Faust/WCD, so if you wanna try for that, I will join you there for now. But it is purely based a pool of people that I do not want to lynch and EFHW coming in 4th out of 4.

Why in the world would scum!faust not want to lynch Survivor!me (or SK!me)? Both are literally the exact same thing as a town lynch to him, and I have a ready-made case against me that he can push without taking flak as being a "scummy" thing to do when I flip?

because this is an RMM. So if he is skum and you are survivor, then he has to believe your claim essentially. That is not a threat to him weighed against potential town!PRs that exist somewhere else.

The sk point is fair enough.

And if he's an Alien scum? Then we literally cannot both win, and thus I am as much a threat to him as any other player.

k fair - but if your read on faust that makes sense, which I suppose it at least has merit to it, is "he is alien skum he would want me dead bc we can't win together", why would you spend the whole day pushing WCD instead of faust?

A) Because I still think WCD is scum. I think my tell on her is valid, and I think VCA suggests there's a decent chance she is.

B) Because faust's refusal to consider any other options for scum - and more, to actively try to manipulate people away from other lynches, hasn't really been prevalent until the past two irl days. Yes, he's been on me since (before) my claim, and he's been the most vocal critic of it - but the extent to which he's gone to dissuade any other lynch from being considered has sky-rocketed in the past 48 hours.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 19, 2020, 06:30:29 pm »

to clarify - unless I am missing something, your read on WCD is she is skum. Which is good for you at this point if true if they get lynched. But no where near as good as alien skum... or even probably alien town... though I have no idea how you would get a read on alien town, so I guess that doesn't matter. But still, Alien!skum is def better for you then Random!Skum.

This is accurate. I mean, as much as it can be, yes. My preference right now would be:

Alien!Scum >>> Alien!Town > Random!Scum >>> Random!Town

That's laid out given that I actually knew ahead of time what it was I was lynching. In reality, my goal would be:

Alien!Scum >> Random!Scum >>>>> Random!Town

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 19, 2020, 06:30:55 pm »

right I mean, but he could be alien town as well right?
he still could not win with you as alien town unless I am not getting something?
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 19, 2020, 06:40:14 pm »

right I mean, but he could be alien town as well right?
he still could not win with you as alien town unless I am not getting something?

I mean, yes. But I don't think that he tunnels it out without any consideration for finding actual scum if he's town. Like, if he's Alien Town, then yes, he and I cannot win together. Ever. So we are diametrically opposed. But if he's town, he recognizes that town is already down 3 players, and that the best lynch for today is real scum. I may be that, in his eyes, or I could be telling the truth. If I'm telling the truth, then lynching me is actively hurting and already knocked down town. If I'm lying and am actually scum, then I have partners out there, which he should be considering. But he's not. At all. That's the crux of what rubs me here. I'm either:

A) Telling the truth
or
B) Am lying and probably have scum!partners

faust's approach has been B... but with no consideration for me having scum!partners. This leads me to believe that we ARE diametrically opposed, and ALSO that he knows that I don't have partners, because he himself has partners. Alien. Scum.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 19, 2020, 06:44:31 pm »

There IS a third argument, that I'm SK, in which case - cool, everything is groovy. Not town, no partners, lynch Galz.

... But that isn't what he's argued at any real point in time. In fact, his argument against me has been significantly more vague than that. It's been "lynch Galz, he's guaranteed "non-town"". Well, in a general sense, he's right about that. The best kind of general sense. Because nobody will criticize that argument. Because it's true. But what he's avoiding in presenting the argument that way is that "not all non-town lynches are pro-town lynches".

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 19, 2020, 06:53:56 pm »

need to process and run some stuff through my head. hold on.
real good. That’s how

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 19, 2020, 06:55:50 pm »

Lynches I would strongly consider at this point, I think:

WCD
Mail-Mi (This has been a recent development. Obviously I town read him earlier. Didds (and I feel like others?) has made some solid points... and... I dunno. He felt crazy, crazy townie D1. He doesn't D2.)
EFHW
faust

Lynches I don't think are great, but meh:
e!
Eddie
Skip
Swan
Shraeye

Lynches that won't ever happen but should be listed anyway because... Swan:
Space

now that you've made me check to make sure i wasn't daykilled, i notice you haven't listed me here. just forget? still think im sk?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 19, 2020, 07:00:25 pm »

Lynches I would strongly consider at this point, I think:

WCD
Mail-Mi (This has been a recent development. Obviously I town read him earlier. Didds (and I feel like others?) has made some solid points... and... I dunno. He felt crazy, crazy townie D1. He doesn't D2.)
EFHW
faust

Lynches I don't think are great, but meh:
e!
Eddie
Skip
Swan
Shraeye

Lynches that won't ever happen but should be listed anyway because... Swan:
Space

now that you've made me check to make sure i wasn't daykilled, i notice you haven't listed me here. just forget? still think im sk?

My bad, sorry Cayvie! Was running through the list in my head and miscounted! You're in the second tier. Would lynch, but prefer not to. And your second question: Maybe. :P

I don't think you're traditional scum right now. That makes you either SK or Town. Neither makes you more likely to be Alien.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 19, 2020, 07:10:38 pm »

Yeah..
I will go with

Vote:EFHW

Better than  WCD by a mile. Closely followed by Galz imo.
And while I appreciate Galz case, which is why they are grouped close to WCD there... I just don't want faust today.
real good. That’s how

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 19, 2020, 07:11:06 pm »

like okay, how's this for a theory on what Galz is lying about

what if he is a survivor with some weird powers and actually the petition is designed to get rid of Galz? or hurt Galz in some way? i definitely buy that galz is third party, but the thing that has always struck me as odd about his claim is--why would he claim the part about the signatures? there was no need to. it only hurts him.

if galz is telling the truth, then every other player in the game knows that correct strategy is just "don't sign the petition at night"

so i'm thinking that galz is canny enough to know this--and predicted that would be the outcome of his claim. he did this because he doesn't want signatures on the petition. because it hurts him in some way.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: April 19, 2020, 07:19:09 pm »

like okay, how's this for a theory on what Galz is lying about

what if he is a survivor with some weird powers and actually the petition is designed to get rid of Galz? or hurt Galz in some way? i definitely buy that galz is third party, but the thing that has always struck me as odd about his claim is--why would he claim the part about the signatures? there was no need to. it only hurts him.

if galz is telling the truth, then every other player in the game knows that correct strategy is just "don't sign the petition at night"

so i'm thinking that galz is canny enough to know this--and predicted that would be the outcome of his claim. he did this because he doesn't want signatures on the petition. because it hurts him in some way.

I mean that is interesting enough, but if he is what he claims and he knew someone signed.... him getting out in front of it would make sense as his claimed role yeah?
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 19, 2020, 07:19:51 pm »

Yeah..
I will go with

And while I appreciate Galz case, which is why they are grouped close to WCD there... I just don't want faust today.

Vote didn't count. No Space.

Why do you think EFHW has a better chance of flipping scum than faust?

Mafia Record:

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 19, 2020, 07:27:03 pm »

No Space.

Sorry.. I was unable to resist Maxford's DVD-watching demands :-P Back now!

Lockdown-life is hectic and stressful, so I feel like it's worth savouring the fact that I do actually have a friend to share it with and keep me moderately sane. Hope you're all doing okay.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 19, 2020, 07:29:42 pm »

No Space.

Lockdown-life is hectic and stressful, so I feel like it's worth savouring the fact that I do actually have a friend to share it with and keep me moderately sane. Hope you're all doing okay.

Ha! Context. Made me laugh. Well done! :P I had to click the link to see where I had said "No Space".

Mafia Record:

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: April 19, 2020, 07:32:19 pm »

Is deadline in ~2 hours, or am I wrong?

I haven’t slept in too long, and I have been holding out for deadline, but I think it is starting to not be worth it.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: April 19, 2020, 07:32:58 pm »

No Space.

It's a weird feeling to feel both like "nothing is going on and you have all the free time in the world..." and also "super stressed and not enough time to get to all the things you need/want to get to". Days go by right now and I'm not even sure how... except that I know there's always stuff I can (should) be doing. "Nothing to do" and "Always something else on the list" don't seem like they can co-exist, but they do!

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: April 19, 2020, 07:33:55 pm »

Is deadline in ~2 hours, or am I wrong?

I haven’t slept in too long, and I have been holding out for deadline, but I think it is starting to not be worth it.

This is correct. 1 Hour & 56 Minutes from the time of this post.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: April 19, 2020, 07:37:01 pm »

Yeah..
I will go with

Vote didn't count. No Space.

Why do you think EFHW has a better chance of flipping scum than faust?

Vote: EFHW

thanks.
and it is a very slim margin.
Like I stated previously, EFHW is based on reads of players and how the interactions with their wagon went down.
Faust case I don't even have. Just looking at your pov keeps it open. I have reasons against most of your reasons, no clue who is right... but at least some of them I agree with it.

real good. That’s how

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: April 19, 2020, 07:38:08 pm »

Faust is being too stubborn to be scum in my mind.

It’s a fairly simple obvservation, but worth noting.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: April 19, 2020, 07:38:51 pm »

Also, Swowl, you still think I’m a baddie?

I’m so tired I just want to ramble a bit.

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 99  All

Page created in 1.472 seconds with 19 queries.