Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 45  All

Author Topic: M95: UChoose Flavor™: physics mafia (game overrrrrrrrrrrrrr)  (Read 109042 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M95: UChoose Flavor™: physics mafia (D2)
« Reply #500 on: February 28, 2017, 01:45:55 pm »

Why is it scummy to unvote RR after he claims? I absolutely do not follow.

Not necessarily scummy, but scum knows he's telling the truth; town has to consider a fake claim.  Reactions can fail to appear genuine; you basically have three choices: believe, fake considering town fake claiming, or the bold strategy of doubling down on the lynch.  Scum's artificial reactions will tend to be exaggerated, because their thought is to take this position (that they think they would take were they town), rather than just react. 

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 28, 2017, 03:35:59 pm »

Bump. Sorry guys, my last few days have been unexpectedly and incredibly full. I should definitely have time to get back into this game tomorrow, but I have several deadlines that all fell tonight or in the morning...
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 28, 2017, 03:36:35 pm »

Not necessarily scummy, but scum knows he's telling the truth; town has to consider a fake claim.  Reactions can fail to appear genuine; you basically have three choices: believe, fake considering town fake claiming, or the bold strategy of doubling down on the lynch.  Scum's artificial reactions will tend to be exaggerated, because their thought is to take this position (that they think they would take were they town), rather than just react.
Why do you think Dylan's reaction is exaggerated?
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 28, 2017, 04:21:56 pm »

Why do you think Dylan's reaction is exaggerated?

I didn't say it was.  I was explaining why I'm looking into this in the first place, in general.  In this case the information is limited as reactions post-claim were abbreviated. 

Dylan's reactions here are more hedged and careful.. first sees if lynching RR is still possible, then unvotes after Robz does.  Notably in the post where he unvotes he only considers the case when RR really is the JK:

Part of me agrees. But say we don't lynch. Scum kills someone else for WIFOM and we lynch RR. Then they get another NK. That's 3 town dead before we actually vote for someone who has a chance to be scum... Just saying... unvote

That's not really how it would go down, since scum!RR would necessarily get counterclaimed.   So scum is just going to shoot RR, which indeed they did. 

But what's odd about this wording is it is kind of implying that it's better to lynch RR than no lynch, but under the assumption that RR is town.

Robz' reaction does seem exaggerated, but he also tends to do that as town.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 28, 2017, 04:49:41 pm »

Dylan's wording was indeed kind of weird there but we were down to the wire and all kind of thinking out loud. I don't see it as scummy.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 28, 2017, 05:17:38 pm »

Also I've been incredibly busy, so someone else can construct a case on Dylan, but I probably won't get to it today or tomorrow.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 01, 2017, 12:13:42 am »

So, my case on UoS is basically the same thing I voted for him yesterday, plus wagon position on RR.

1) Misreading what I said wasn't scummy, but stretching it out into a case against me then jumping back onto LaLight after rereading it and realizing what I said felt like a reaction that would come from scum

2)
It's not really important at this point Robz, but about the joke thing.  I was just commenting on the "no one had reasons for this" thing you said.

Anyway I mostly wanted to get a comment from the others voting LaLight who I think didn't buy my reasoning originally.

I don't actually want to lynch LaLight anymore, don't see that vote move coming from scum, it's like he's trying to get himself lynched.

I concur that Roadrunner is probably a person, happy to vote there, like so:
Vote: Roadrunner

Is there a reason we prefer RR as a low-information lynch to Dylan?

This post moving over to vote for RR, looking back, feels like scum trying to justify jumping onto the last-second lynch of RR.  I feel like scum wants to over-explain and justify why they are pushing (or at least ok with) quicklynching RR there at the end of the day.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 01, 2017, 12:45:23 am »

quick reads:

LaLight - I think that LaLight is town.  I get a very townie vibe from his opening post. 
UmbrageOfSnow - See my previous post.  On the scummy side
Dylan32 - Interested to see a consolidated case against Dylan.  He has said a few things that I think could be construed as scummy (I thought they were), but often when I think that the person ends up being town. 
Jimmmmm - I thought Jimmmmmmm had a good D1, fairly active and some good content. 
Robz888 - I briefly mentioned my stance on Robz earlier.  Galvanizing town to action at the end of D1 was townie, but the end result turned out to benefit scum.  Not a fan of lynching Robz today at least
gkrieg13 - I think his townslip to open up D2 was genuine.  I don't think I could be convinced to lynch gkrieg today
Witherweaver - Ended D1 on Dylan, but spent the day jumping between Calamitas (RVS), LaLight, UoS, LaLight, then finally on Dylan.  In all, not a convincing D1.  I can totally see a scum!witherweaver, but probably not on the same scum team with LaLight or Dylan if either of them flip scum.  Rereading his posts actually makes me like a witherweaver lynch.
Calamitas - Avoids posting anything of real content on D1, ends up with a vote on Eevee.  Mild null/scum
EFHW - Hasn't done anything to make me think she is scum.  I will call town on her for now

Summary:

Won't lynch: Robz, gkrieg
Don't want to lynch: EFHW, LaLight, Jimmmmm
Would lynch: Calamitas, Dylan
Would prefer to lynch: UmbrageOfSnow, Witherweaver
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 01, 2017, 10:18:15 am »

Just reread LaLight and it feels like he plays this game very different than his usual self.
vote: LaLight

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 01, 2017, 11:00:56 am »

quick reads:

LaLight - I think that LaLight is town.  I get a very townie vibe from his opening post. 
Dylan32 - Interested to see a consolidated case against Dylan.  He has said a few things that I think could be construed as scummy (I thought they were), but often when I think that the person ends up being town. 
Jimmmmm - I thought Jimmmmmmm had a good D1, fairly active and some good content. 
Robz888 - I briefly mentioned my stance on Robz earlier.  Galvanizing town to action at the end of D1 was townie, but the end result turned out to benefit scum.  Not a fan of lynching Robz today at least
gkrieg13 - I think his townslip to open up D2 was genuine.  I don't think I could be convinced to lynch gkrieg today
Witherweaver - Ended D1 on Dylan, but spent the day jumping between Calamitas (RVS), LaLight, UoS, LaLight, then finally on Dylan.  In all, not a convincing D1.  I can totally see a scum!witherweaver, but probably not on the same scum team with LaLight or Dylan if either of them flip scum.  Rereading his posts actually makes me like a witherweaver lynch.
Calamitas - Avoids posting anything of real content on D1, ends up with a vote on Eevee.  Mild null/scum
EFHW - Hasn't done anything to make me think she is scum.  I will call town on her for now

Summary:

These reads correspond extremely closely with my own. Which of course gives me a bad feeling and makes me worry I'm being buddied by scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: March 01, 2017, 01:14:24 pm »

Just reread LaLight and it feels like he plays this game very different than his usual self.

I'm interested. Why did you choose to reread me?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 01, 2017, 01:24:22 pm »

quick reads:

Summary:

These reads correspond extremely closely with my own. Which of course gives me a bad feeling and makes me worry I'm being buddied by scum.
Have you stated reads on each player? Which ones correspond with yours?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 01, 2017, 01:26:13 pm »

I'm waiting for Jimmmmm to get back before pursuing a case on him. Rereading UoS now.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 01, 2017, 01:48:23 pm »

I could get behind a UoS lynch. Not for the reason I said earlier, though. He really did try to get things resolved before he left. I'm responding to some Day 1 posts that seemed filler-ish and his thinking try-hard scum was about him. I'm on phone now, so I'll put up the posts from Day 1 when I am at a computer.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 01, 2017, 03:55:58 pm »

I'm interested. Why did you choose to reread me?
I have wondered why e had prefered lynching you over robz and realized I don't recall much about your play.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 01, 2017, 08:27:46 pm »

I could get behind a UoS lynch. Not for the reason I said earlier, though. He really did try to get things resolved before he left. I'm responding to some Day 1 posts that seemed filler-ish and his thinking try-hard scum was about him. I'm on phone now, so I'll put up the posts from Day 1 when I am at a computer.

You should vote UoS then. Wagons. We need wagons

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 01, 2017, 10:17:32 pm »

Sounds convincing.

Vote: UoS

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 02, 2017, 03:26:50 am »

UoS seems VLA from the forums (and Discord FWIW).

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 02, 2017, 08:55:37 am »

UoS seems VLA from the forums (and Discord FWIW).

We should welcome him back with a good wagon.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 02, 2017, 09:01:09 am »

welcome vote: UoS

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 02, 2017, 09:14:06 am »

Robz, gkrieg? What do you think about LaLight, you two have played with him quite a lot as well.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M95: UChoose Flavor™: physics mafia (D1)
« Reply #521 on: March 02, 2017, 09:21:48 am »

Vote Count 2.3

Dylan32 (1): gkrieg13
UmbrageOfSnow (3): 2.71828..., Witherweaver, LaLight
Jimmmmm (1): EFHW
LaLight (2): Robz888, Calamitas

Not voting (3): UmbrageOfSnow, Dylan32, Jimmmmm

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends Sunday, March 5th at 11pm forum time. this is in 3 days and 14 hours
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 02, 2017, 09:27:14 am »

Robz, gkrieg? What do you think about LaLight, you two have played with him quite a lot as well.

As you can see Robz is voting for me. Reason is that my implication that there were 2 or 3 scums on RR's wagon seemed scummy.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 02, 2017, 09:27:33 am »

What is different about me in this game?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 02, 2017, 09:45:22 am »

Hmm, I feel like you're not paying as much attention as usual. Not only am I voting for LaLight, I have twice explained why I do think he's acting scummy.

Outside of the thing I pointed out--the three scum on wagon comment--I'm not sure his behavior has been wholly different than usual.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 45  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 16 queries.