Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 61  All

Author Topic: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Game over.  (Read 164453 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Day 4.
« Reply #1425 on: October 09, 2016, 01:37:19 pm »

Guys I'm good.
And Gkrieg is bad.

There aren't 2 full doctors, but you're choosing the wrong person.

Guys. Wtf are we waiting for. vote: Joseph
I'm a doctor.
I know I've played crap, but Gkrieg is scum.
And I'm the true doctor.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M86: Ghibli Mafia - sign ups open
« Reply #1426 on: October 09, 2016, 03:39:17 pm »

Witherweaver:

You're all in trouble now.

I mean this breadcrumb is weak.  I just don't think it is very strong, because it could also mean that he is holding a needle (doctor), or that he makes bad decisions as a RB, or could really just mean he is VT.  I don't think it is really indicative of him being a vig.

So this is my chance to be a towny townie for once. I'll try not to do anything dumb, guys.

Cool.

Vote: J Reggie

Votes for J Reggie in what seems to be a real vote.

Lots of fluff, but likes schadd's case on mail-mi.

I'd support a flavor claim

Has this whole thing.  I think this at least supports that he isn't a VT, although I don't think it was super clear even to them that they all have the same flavor name.

So he kind of tunnels J Reggie all day, which is a townie thing to do.  Town tends to tunnel because there isn't that much information.

has an early town read on faust.

I don't want to lynch Faust.. probably not Iguana.  Probably not Schadd.  Think I'd go for anyone else.  I don't really remember what made me think J Reggie was scummy, but I trust six-day-ago me.  He's a smart guy.

This is interesting.  Definitely would want to look more in to iguana if WW ever flips scum. 

He questions J Reggie's reads list because there is no explanation for why mail-mi is scummy.  Looks like scum hunting to me.

Sure I guess I'm okay with either

Vote: Mail-Mi

is probably L-1

Puts mail-mi at L-1 after defending him mildly.  This is scummy.

Early D2 wants a SA lynch.  Makes a pretty good case on them.

I really like how he handled the pledge.  It seemed like a townie reaction, especially from WW, who is a do your own thing kind of person.

His D2 is really good actually.  He seems to be asking the right questions, doing honest scum hunting.  His case on SA seems very honest.  The scummier part of the day from him is trying to start wagons on people that aren't RR.  Part of it seems like trying to start a wagon on a partner (I still think that iguana is scum if WW is scum) that he doesn't think will get much traction to do some distancing. 

I reread RR, that was a productive 17 seconds.  Said nothing D1.  Is lynchworthy.

This is his case on RR.

I expected to find Space scummy, but didn't really when I reread.  Posts feel somewhat honest, not really constructed.

This is the result of a reread on SA.  I think this looks fairly townie as well.  I wish he would put reasons why he didn't find SA as scummy as he thought he would though.

Tries to get a wagon going on me, because only he had voted for me the whole game. 

This would be a dumb lynch.

This is his reaction to being put to L-1.  This is a pretty null reaction.  I would expect WW to react the exact same way as town or as scum.

I voted Gkrieg after rereading, for similar reasons that I voted Iguana.  The Day 1 posts of both have a little bit of forced nonchalantness, something in particular scum tries to emulates.

Gkrieg is present Day 1 without ever doing a whole lot.  A decent amount of criticizing/pseudodefending cases and not really making his own.  Also the thing on Mail-Mi (which was his first active thing on D1)... putting at L-1, saying it wasn't the expected reaction.  It's not like that can't be townie, but it felt a little forced, as if he was planning to not find Mail-Mi lynchworthy. (A hammer would have looked bad, but doing something regarding the wagon that does not result in a mislynch looks good.)  Rest of day is similar; he comes back at the end to go for Mail-Mi, though prefers Faust.

Iguana has an overly 'I'm playing this game really cool and loose, guys' attitude.  Lots of gratuitous punctuation.  Pretty involved with the game, is pretty confident with his case on J Reggie.. reminds me of classical high-content scum, like how I played in my earlier scum games (maybe X-Men).  I'm not so sure Iguana would play that way scum, though.

In both cases, I was curious to see if anything would result from voting, though they were both pretty much ignored.  Saying more stuff may have been better, there.

His cases on me and iguana seem very genuine.  This is definitely a WW that has been doing work, where I remember scum!WW not going to this much effort honestly.

Unvote

Don't really like Gkrieg any more.

He unvotes and hurts my feelings...
But I think this change is also townie.  Although I guess he would probably do the same thing as scum when he realizes that no one wants to jump on my wagon.

he votes for RR.   

No townreads are strong.. I think Gkrieg is town now, probably Schaad.. maybe Iguana for the third.

Gives these townreads, and you'll notice that schadd and iguana are still his townreads.  This looks a little fishy.

D3 comes out of the gate voting for SA.  I don't think this looks very desperate scum.  They still need to get another mislynch through after this, so I don't think scum would want to stick out like WW does here.

Fine.

I am a 1-shot Vig

(Note my first post of the game.)

I shot Space last night.

Either Space is 1-shot BP (not likely but not impossible, as we apparently have at least 4 PRs), or I was Roleblocked.  Scum certainly has a Roleblocker, though I'm not too sure how likely it is that they would target me.

I forgot that town had Roleblockers, too.  Town RB me would be more likely, given that I've been under suspicion.

Here's the claim. I think the most important part of this claim is where he realizes that a town RB could've targeted him.  I think being open to that option is more likely to come from town that didn't have the opportunity to think about their claim for the whole night while they were planning it in their QT.

He also points out his breadcrumb, which as I've already said earlier is just really weak.

I targeted Space primarily because of Faust's last posts yesterday.

(This is also the reason I prompted Faust to give his reads before end of day.)  RR flipping town means I definitely had to shoot last night, because it would remove me from the lynch pool today.  Also hitting scum was 50/50, not terrible odds.  Shooting town means today would be LyLo, but I'd be verified and we'd have a decent chance.   I'm not certain if I would have shot if RR was scum.. it would depend on reads probably, though it may have been better to save it until tonight.

Faust listed me, Space, Iguana as his primary scum in case RR was town, and Space seemed more likely than Iguana.  I preferred to shoot on his reads, since the chance of Faust having no scum on his scum reads is pretty small.  I also didn't have any really strong read myself to choose someone different.

This is slightly scummy.  I just think anyone that blindly follows IC!faust (ok it wasn't blindly following) just must be scum, especially WW.  Also this does mean that faust really didn't have scum on his reads list unless WW or iguana is scum.

Kind of starts the whole thing against SA on D3.

Ok I've got to go now.  Will finish this up later.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 09, 2016, 03:49:48 pm »

part 2:

gkrieg
 pros: 897 consistent re: joseph. as in 1102. 1125 it's nice when the ic repeats what you say. 1204 is good.
 cons: 891 smells like trying to be misleading.
 bonus: 1137 dopey, but transparent.
  iguana iguana
 pros: 937 i generally think scum wouldn't bother with this sort of thing. 1099, 1101 tunneling j reggie again. it's funny that it doesn't go anywhere, even after faust agreed. 1149 is fair, has been demonstrated not to be helping a scumpartner. as they said, though, they did the thing he asked. 1156 is transparent. 1165 thanx. 1186 is consistent with what he did i guess. 1321 i guess if he's scum, he has to have access to the vt claim, but that would be pretty likely.
 cons: 916 emphasizes his towniness, seems too excited about it. 924 is some nice scumhunting, but doesn't stick to lalight i think. 942 making himself seem larger again, and making a big deal out of the townreads he said he was surprised by. 1047 waah look at me i'm town. 1053 why would that be more interesting than no one dying and a vig claim? not a fan of 1182, as i said already. kinda strawman-y. 1184 also seems like a "do it. you won't." that uh is a tad too confident. the hammer is, of course, ultimately bad. i'm less harsh on it than i had been—he said he was gonna, gkrieg would have as well, etc—but it is still empirically bad that he did that. D3 sucked but we should have taken more time with it. faust never got to weigh in again. 1303 that doesn't explain why you were uniquely concerned about yourself, and not interested in sorting out ww's claim.
 bonus: 1105 decisively untrue.
  j reggie
 pros: 954 was against the grain of a mislynch. depends on ww, ofc.
 cons: 1117 i'm trying my damnedest not to read into that trailing comma. he ignores lalight. 1129 shows that he's reading the accusatory posts, but he only responds to the one that has an easy response. 1132 the ic votes him, and like nothing becomes of it. 1152 "i'm town because i'm town," does not respond to faust. 1373 i'm town because i'm town. urgient call to arms is i guess justified, though.
 bonus:
  joseph
 pros: 1064 consistent with being doctor. as is 1135. 1240 waxes as a scumhunter. i uh don't appreciate his defense of me tho.
 cons: 915 seems like more than is necessary, but depends how you look at it i guess. 1082 got baited, except then he voted gkrieg. wut. 1175 is irrelevant, could be looking for reasons to not lynch j reggie. 1232 agree with what lalight said after. 1243 barf. he gave a reason for j reggie, then voted sa, and didn't change it after learning that one of the points against sa was moot. not a fan. i don't think he had articulated much of a position against sa. 1256 apparently agrees with: joseph is bad, ll is bad, igu is weird. 1331 generic doctory thing to say.
 bonus: 923, i dunno. i don't see why one would feel the need to do something goofy like that. same for 1078, seems like a setup to try to claim something later that didn't happen. to me it all feels like he got too excited when people said that he just always reads scummy; as if to say, "the reason all of you are getting a bad impression from me is that i'm ~weird~ and it's my ~meta~." somehow none of these culminated into a quick mislynch.
  lalight
 pros: 907 consistent re: joseph. 1029 thanks for quoting the thing. 1233 nice callout.
 cons: 943 "i'm so town." 1026 c'mon. it had only been an hour. 1170 we actually had <2 scums, and he was voting for the innocent, against the ic. and also angrily trying to speed this mislynch up.
 bonus: 1063 i didn't really like that post either, but i guess there isn't much else to say if you're suddenly the center of attention. 1228 is his attitude about the game. unfortunately would cause him to be read a little negatively.
  witherweaver
 pros: 997 the claim. supported by 51 (which is at least super-risky for fakeclaiming anything except vig, but might perhaps go un-noticed) and 974, as well as a mild amount of activity D1 and D2. i think that it's a super-risky thing to fake, and there has not messed up since the claim—and he's posted a lot. also, the fact that i believe gkrieg supports him as well (as i've said, the only scenario where i'd believe that ww fake claimed was if he knew for a fact that there were at least three VT rolls. the mvp is clear if it's not the case. the several posts at D3 start are also putting himself out there a tad. in 1024 he isn't even that devoted to lynching sa which would be a large part of the point if he fakeclaimed. 1061 again supporting non-"sa is bulletproof" explanations. 1205 is good.
 cons: 1260 i guess i understand that the two people that wanted to hammer were suspicious, but i mean, he was voting for sa as well.
 bonus: 1177 that's what she said.
  digging up graves: 958, for this reason i'm not reading into the rr lynch that much. i think it seemed like a good idea to pretty much all of the town as well as the scum. that said, the wagons are weird, and pull counter to my current scum reads. which is uh kinda annoying. 1211 sa believed ww, 1212 suspected lalight, 1221 believed gkrieg.

this look back has made me more believing of ww, slightly better on igu, slightly worse on lalight, about the same on gkrieg, the smallest tad more accepting of j reggie, and unchanged on joseph.

my cards are on the table. joseph has seemed scummy and distant for a while, which is not easy to survive with—it got rr killed so fast.

vote: joseph
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 09, 2016, 04:11:03 pm »

l-2. lmao
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: October 09, 2016, 04:28:24 pm »

Guys I'm good.
And Gkrieg is bad.

There aren't 2 full doctors, but you're choosing the wrong person.

Guys. Wtf are we waiting for. vote: Joseph
I'm a doctor.
I know I've played crap, but Gkrieg is scum.
And I'm the true doctor.

You haven't played crap though. And that's your strongest scum tell.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: October 09, 2016, 04:32:02 pm »

Vote: Joseph

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: October 09, 2016, 04:33:41 pm »

vote: Joseph

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: October 09, 2016, 04:36:30 pm »

hm

Game over?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: October 09, 2016, 04:36:56 pm »

(That seemed an awful lot like a scum hammer.)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: October 09, 2016, 04:38:23 pm »

hm

Game over?

I guess we will see. I'm pretty sure Joseph has to be scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: October 09, 2016, 04:39:31 pm »

hm

Game over?

I guess we will see. I'm pretty sure Joseph has to be scum.

I mean, if you are town, no way he is not scum. I just wanted to make sure we didn't just lose to a team of like you/LaLight/x or something super weird like that.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: October 09, 2016, 04:40:52 pm »

hm

Game over?
I'm good.
That means game over I guess.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: October 09, 2016, 04:43:30 pm »

woof.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: October 09, 2016, 04:47:19 pm »

hm

Game over?
I'm good.
That means game over I guess.

Your profile text is suddenly very appropriate!

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: October 09, 2016, 04:48:21 pm »

Who are your scumpartners Gkrieg!?!

(I was a town)

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: October 09, 2016, 04:49:15 pm »

well. i don't think a scum would admit to it rn. but yeah, uh, gkrieg, who are your scumpartners

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: October 09, 2016, 04:50:09 pm »

well. i don't think a scum would admit to it rn. but yeah, uh, gkrieg, who are your scumpartners

Clearly schadd and iguana.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 09, 2016, 04:52:33 pm »

Clearly schadd and iguana.

woof.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1443 on: October 09, 2016, 04:55:25 pm »

hm

Game over?

This and then the backpedaling seems like ii is scum. Although I guess if that's the case then we just lost. vote: ii just in case.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 09, 2016, 04:56:10 pm »

I'm calling Gkrieg, Lalight, J Reggie. If I'm right, I want a star.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: October 09, 2016, 04:56:29 pm »

ok cool

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: October 09, 2016, 04:57:13 pm »

hm

Game over?

This and then the backpedaling seems like ii is scum. Although I guess if that's the case then we just lost. vote: ii just in case.

I'm a town dude and if you are too you are about to find out!!

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1447 on: October 09, 2016, 04:58:17 pm »

Actually I was thinking earlier that gkrieg and Joseph could both be scum, in which case we still have a chance. Like, after this move gkrieg could practically be an IC. If Joseph flips scum, I think we need to lynch gkrieg.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: October 09, 2016, 04:59:45 pm »

Actually I was thinking earlier that gkrieg and Joseph could both be scum, in which case we still have a chance. Like, after this move gkrieg could practically be an IC. If Joseph flips scum, I think we need to lynch gkrieg.
I'm town. Game over.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1449 on: October 09, 2016, 05:00:49 pm »

I'm town. Game over.

Ah well. Hope I was scum at least.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 61  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.