Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 61  All

Author Topic: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Game over.  (Read 163539 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Day 3.
« Reply #1150 on: October 01, 2016, 02:08:44 pm »

Also, really really good PoE. So it's not like it's all your fault but it looks super bad for you.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 01, 2016, 02:20:47 pm »

Vote Count 3.3:

SpaceAnemone (4): Witherweaver, gkrieg13, LaLight, iguana
gkrieg13 (1): Joseph2302
J Reggie (1): faust

Not Voting (3): SpaceAnemone, J Reggie, schadd

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 3 ends on October 9 at 10:00 a.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1152 on: October 01, 2016, 04:43:49 pm »

Woah OK that's L-1. I really don't have the time right now, but hopefully tonight I can reread SA just to be sure if I want to hammer. I think they're probably our best shot. But a mislynch here takes us to lylo with three scum so we need to be careful.

At least SA has an infinitely higher chance at being scum than I do.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 01, 2016, 04:54:36 pm »

Woah OK that's L-1. I really don't have the time right now, but hopefully tonight I can reread SA just to be sure if I want to hammer. I think they're probably our best shot. But a mislynch here takes us to lylo with three scum so we need to be careful.

If you hammer tonight, I urge everyone to lynch you tomorrow.

Space-A needs at least time to claim.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1154 on: October 01, 2016, 05:05:43 pm »

Well obviously I'd go through the process of expressing intent and letting them claim and everything. I'm just saying that's my plan for tonight if I don't crash as soon as I get home.

I hope this message gets through. I lost service and then it was trying to start a new topic.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: October 01, 2016, 05:32:38 pm »

You think Reggie is a better bet than Space?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 01, 2016, 06:21:58 pm »

I do!

Okay I think everyone knows that by now.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 01, 2016, 06:25:21 pm »

I was specifically asking Faust.  He's on Reggie, though it could be because Space is at L-1.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 01, 2016, 06:52:40 pm »

I do!

Okay I think everyone knows that by now.
I'll reread tomorrow, but either Space or JReggie seem like decent options to me.

And given JReggies's intent to intent to hammer, think he might be scum looking to minimise information.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 01, 2016, 06:57:51 pm »

In which scenario does WW fakeclaim? Well, it's supposed to be acquitting him. Suppose he performed the kill as scum, because he's the Strongman. No kill makes it likely that he was roleblocked, which in turn makes him look pretty bad. Vig claim is a way out, and to stay alive. Countering this is the fact that he planned this claim early (with breadcrumbing and asking for my reads), so that would mean that he planned it without knowing he would get into this kind of situation.

so you're saying that he claims vig, pre-empting when someone claims that they roleblocked him (and putting suspicion on s-a if they don't). this assumes MFBXXX (where f is what rr is) and that the roleblocker chose ww (generously 25%, factoring in the potential of >1 roleblocker), which has a total of ~8% chance, and a ~6% chance if you believe me. you are also stating that my potential fakeclaim would result in that juicy 2% difference, plus a bunch of other stuff.

we have, at the very least, 2 roles accounted for, and 1 other one evident if scum didn't decide not to kill (which has to be negligible, right?) so there are limited possibilities. what else is new?

given this, the following board states could result in ww fakeclaiming vig (wherein i give the probability of each, considering how restrictive they are): 
  the one described above: 8%. not completely disjoint with the previous case, though, so maybe, like, 7%?
  MC{D/E/R}TTT: <12.5%. this assumes exactly one town role that saved faust (not necessarily me) and that scum didn't use 1-shot strongman (it gives the info of whether there is a doctor, also they might want to use it later ofc) or roleblock correctly. ww claims vig for free townpoints, to put suspicion on sa (it's working!) and because he knows that there isn't a way to refute it. people have sort of been discounting this one, though it is refuted if there are any other power roles.

and these are the possibilities if we assume ww is not lying:
  MCVBXX (i.e., one 1-shot vig and at least one rb): 9%, but it only works if scum's roleblocker chose ww (which they may have just determined completely from the breadcrumbs) or if sa is bulletproof (25% of two more prs * 33% that it was sa) and also our rb targeted scum (somewhat unlikely; 25%?) which ultimately produces something like 2 or 3%
  MCVDDX or MCVDEX (i.e., one 1-shot vig and at least two doctors): 6%, again either scum's rb targeted ww or sa is bulletproof

so it would seem like, considering all possible board states with only our current information, ww is probably not a vigilante. however, this likelihood is diminished by the fact that, well, he says he's a vigilante, and that no one has come out as a roleblocker, and perhaps the fact that people know that they have power roles. but, people seem to be making the assumption that there is no outcome wherein scum wouldn't use strongman (but oh, there is!) and forgetting that vt is the most likely role. that said, i would caution against unilaterally accepting ww's claim, with our current information. also i would appreciate it if someone pointed out a fallacy i made somewhere.

at the moment, if anyone could claim rb, it would be tresbien. if somebody claimed doctor, that would probably help with our understanding of the board state, but it would still be bad, probably.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 01, 2016, 09:27:19 pm »

Sorry guys I have been trying to read along today, but don't really have time to catch up.  I'm fine with a hammer on SA, after they are given a chance to claim.  I'm also good with J Reggie, I'll try to check in tomorrow, and if something crazy hasn't happened, I will vote J Reggie.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 01, 2016, 09:33:08 pm »

the one described above: 8%. not completely disjoint with the previous case, though, so maybe, like, 7%?
that should say 'not disjoint with the following case'

there are probably several other such errors but i'm not reading that post again

anyway, i don't really suspect the anemone, at least as much as the rest of you seem to. D1 and 2 i think i'm on record as saying so, and today they've been trying to work through the probabilities &c (which is the way to go! see above).
  one fun but very, very minor point against, though:
If WW is a vig, he was almost certainly a lucky block by scum, because town has a rather low likelihood of having a RB, whereas scum is guaranteed one (since we know we have at least two non-T rolls in the setup).
(emphasis added)

i would suspect the people currently on-wagon except i can imagine the position as town that want to push a seemingly obvious lynch (majorities are hard rn) and also not really concerned with probability, etc.

anyway, i currently don't have strong reads, sadly.
  joseph has seemed yucky the whole game, but igu (and maybe others?) said early on that that's just the way he is. he called the claims into question which is a plus.
  j reggie is the opinion of faust, and i reread j reggie and he has been defensive and snarky, but not really all that scummy, to me. that said, i'll sheep faust eventually if need be.
  igu has also seemed hard for me to figure out. he is probably my biggest scumread atm, which isn't saying much, but i don't really like his attitude recently (emphasizing other people's town opinion on him, also seeming confident about the role situation without commenting on it much) but he has the same sort of opinions as me (excepting sa)
  lalight is my other marginal read that is even more inarticulate. the last day, though, he has been working concretely at the board state stuff and also doubted ww's claim. don't like that he townread rr yesterday though
  gkrieg was quite the townie to everyone d1 and d2. he has said some goofyish stuff today (or, rather, stuff that i didn't get) but the towniness still holds
  ww is super hard to read. i really wouldn't put it past him at all to think to fake vig if it's MCDTTT
  hi faust!
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1162 on: October 01, 2016, 10:31:47 pm »

So I'm just going to fall asleep tonight (it's been a long day). So I'm not going to be doing any hammering. Does anyone else think schadd's most recent posts read as kind of weirdly nervous?

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 01, 2016, 10:32:36 pm »

Does anyone else think schadd's most recent posts read as kind of weirdly nervous?
i do! i'm weirdly nervous because the game is really confusing atm

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 01, 2016, 10:52:54 pm »

So I'm just going to fall asleep tonight (it's been a long day). So I'm not going to be doing any hammering. Does anyone else think schadd's most recent posts read as kind of weirdly nervous?

lol hi scum

Why are we not killing this guy?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 01, 2016, 10:57:18 pm »

[post]

I don't think you should ascribe gamestate/probabilities analysis to people for town points. Scum does it a lot because it is something they can do that makes them look like they are pushing the game forward while speaking in an unbiased way that doesn't reveal their scum motivation.

In other words, try lying with every breath and sounding genuine as you discuss your fake gut reads when you know almost everything. Then try rattling on and on about game flavor or probabilities or breaking a setup or some other thing like that. The second category of stuff is much easier to produce as scum so scum really likes to do it.

The other thing scum will talk about a lot is town PRs because that is the one thing they don't actually know and it is occupying their minds. Space is doing a lot of that.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 01, 2016, 11:10:25 pm »

I don't think you should ascribe gamestate/probabilities analysis to people for town points. Scum does it a lot because it is something they can do that makes them look like they are pushing the game forward while speaking in an unbiased way that doesn't reveal their scum motivation.
sure. i think that at the moment, though, it is the super pressing thing to be sorted, and it is also the source from which a lot of the suspicion of sa seemed to be derived. that said, though:
  sa, what are your reads at the moment?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 02, 2016, 12:18:04 am »

Well J Reggie is scum and I'm happy to switch back to him if you think Space is a bad call.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 02, 2016, 03:16:20 am »

You think Reggie is a better bet than Space?
Yes. Also, knowing Reggie's alignment will be a big help moving on I think.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 02, 2016, 03:17:45 am »

lol hi scum

Probably because you're voting for someone else.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: October 02, 2016, 03:27:39 am »

IMO we have two scums here and can't decide which one to lynch. Ridiculous
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 02, 2016, 03:42:03 am »

people seem to be making the assumption that there is no outcome wherein scum wouldn't use strongman (but oh, there is!)
Care to enlighten me?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: October 02, 2016, 03:53:40 am »

This analysis is wrong for a number of reasons.

a) For some reason, you're not factoring in your own role.
b) There is no town roleblocker, or else the would have claimed by now.
c) Probability arguments suck.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 02, 2016, 07:10:32 am »

people seem to be making the assumption that there is no outcome wherein scum wouldn't use strongman (but oh, there is!)
Care to enlighten me?
Why not?
Strongman increases kill chance, which is only a good thing for scum.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1174 on: October 02, 2016, 09:22:15 am »

lol hi scum

What? How in the world does this make you think I'm scum. This proves that I want to put energy into my reads, rather than just saying "yep, I reread and I'm good with hammering". I want to know whether I'm making the right decision, and I can't do that when I'm about to collapse after a long day.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.