Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24  All

Author Topic: Dune 3 (Game Over)  (Read 46735 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: Dune 3 (Day One)
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2016, 07:31:38 pm »

I mean, vote: no lynch is voting for silverspawn.

I do like the whole gladiator idea.  Like, it is something that could become very tempting to me depending on how the game progresses and who our current leader is.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2016, 07:33:57 pm »

We can think a bit about the leader mechanic. Because that confuses me. The leader cannot be lynched; however, it is pretty eas to change the leader, and the leader dies if we don't agree. Also the leader is like a universal Gladiator target. Does this role seem negative utility to anyone? Do you think we want to make scum our leader? But that sounds wrong.

How would we make scum our leader?

The leader was chosen randomly.  We have no clue if silverspawn is scum or town.  However, any attempt "to make scum our leader" is ill-conceived. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2016, 07:36:56 pm »

I mean, vote: no lynch is voting for silverspawn.

I do like the whole gladiator idea.  Like, it is something that could become very tempting to me depending on how the game progresses and who our current leader is.

Don't get me wrong, I have no intention of using the gladiator option right now.  Saying that it is a tempting option for me is simply admitting that I absolutely love when a game ends up having a "me vs player X" situation and I get to have fun with arguing why we should lynch that other person.

of course, those situations are usually town vs town and I just have a bad read on Seprix.....

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2016, 07:38:01 pm »

But Seprix isn't in this game, so no worries about misreading him this game

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2016, 07:39:44 pm »

2.7, your vote is in the proper format, so you are currently voting for silverspawn.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2016, 07:46:29 pm »

2.7, your vote is in the proper format, so you are currently voting for silverspawn.

great observation

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2016, 09:27:23 pm »

silver is 100% town this game. e I'm not so sure about.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2016, 09:30:26 pm »

Chairs, are you going to be able to keep up the posting requirement?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2016, 09:36:07 pm »

I don't know if faust being very anti-claiming is towny or scummy. Probably null, leaning very slightly on scummy.

We should treat this day like a normal D1 and not lynch off of meta "would they choose scum?" reasons.

idk about leader.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2016, 09:46:44 pm »

I don't know if faust being very anti-claiming is towny or scummy. Probably null, leaning very slightly on scummy.

We should treat this day like a normal D1 and not lynch off of meta "would they choose scum?" reasons.

idk about leader.

Why?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2016, 09:50:48 pm »

idk about leader.

Why?

Could be that he chose scum, and doesn't want to potentially be caught in a lie. Like i said, very slightly scummy.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2016, 09:52:19 pm »

I meant why do a normal D1?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2016, 10:02:00 pm »

Why is silver town?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2016, 10:11:46 pm »

Cool

Vote: Iguana

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2016, 10:17:17 pm »

I meant why do a normal D1?

because reasons.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2016, 10:21:51 pm »

Normal D2 and on makes sense to me. Lynching based on the choice mechanic makes a lot of sense to me D1 because D1 is an awful crapshoot and this gives us better odds.

silver is town because he has rolled scum a lot recently, including in both championship games, and has stated in many places in an obviously nonlying way that he is sick of playing scum, and crosses his fingers to roll town every time. And he stated that without any foreknowledge of the fact that he would have a choice of town or scum in a later game.

silver is the one I am most sure of, who I am just not even going to consider lynching until LyLo or some serious shenanigans occur. Everyone else I am a lot less sure of.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2016, 10:28:25 pm »

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2016, 10:35:19 pm »

Let's do it!

Vote: Iguana

Wagons!

Once I'm dead in here, I'll have time to work on forum survivor four.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2016, 10:55:23 pm »

Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2016, 11:53:15 pm »

Normal D2 and on makes sense to me. Lynching based on the choice mechanic makes a lot of sense to me D1 because D1 is an awful crapshoot and this gives us better odds.

silver is town because he has rolled scum a lot recently, including in both championship games, and has stated in many places in an obviously nonlying way that he is sick of playing scum, and crosses his fingers to roll town every time. And he stated that without any foreknowledge of the fact that he would have a choice of town or scum in a later game.

silver is the one I am most sure of, who I am just not even going to consider lynching until LyLo or some serious shenanigans occur. Everyone else I am a lot less sure of.

Why do you so strongly believe everyone got what they chose?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2016, 02:31:04 am »

We can think a bit about the leader mechanic. Because that confuses me. The leader cannot be lynched; however, it is pretty eas to change the leader, and the leader dies if we don't agree. Also the leader is like a universal Gladiator target. Does this role seem negative utility to anyone? Do you think we want to make scum our leader? But that sounds wrong.

I suggest you reread the setup post.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2016, 02:31:31 am »

The leader was chosen randomly.  We have no clue if silverspawn is scum or town.  However, any attempt "to make scum our leader" is ill-conceived.
Why?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2016, 02:34:02 am »

But of course silver would realize all this and thus could think that it increases his chances of winning this game if he chooses scum. It's all less clear-cut than you make it seem.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2016, 03:18:29 am »

But of course silver would realize all this and thus could think that it increases his chances of winning this game if he chooses scum. It's all less clear-cut than you make it seem.
Except I wouldn't. I immediately chose town and even if I had thought about it would have chosen town anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24  All

Page created in 0.686 seconds with 20 queries.