Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 58  All

Author Topic: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 128980 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #625 on: June 10, 2016, 05:36:02 pm »

Time is of the essence, guys. It's getting close to the end, we need a game plan. Awaclus is probably not the best lynch, so unvote. Jimmmm makes me cringe because it's such little information. Faust isn't an option, Joseph and RR aren't options.

Who's left?
Ced
gkreig
Haddock
ADK
Iguana

Those are the three serious options I will consider today, unless someone magically presents some case that is just amazing.

Jimmm is also your date, but nonetheless you should vote him over me.
How have you managed to strike off both iguana and ced?

You're missing the entire point of why everyone disagrees with you. And besides, this topic is wasting time and incredibly pro-scum to continue this topic when we are so close to the deadline. Yes, yes, talking about the time is pro-scum to rush town into a decision, but we ARE sort of running out of time to be bickering about useless bullshit right now!
This I agree with.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 10, 2016, 05:39:26 pm »

ced bothers me a bit as well. He started out very strong, and apparently is a veteran player, but as of late his contributions have been underwhelming.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 10, 2016, 05:51:34 pm »

I guess I'm just getting femme fatale'd by Jimmmmm, who knows. I am his date. Maybe I've grown quite attached to him. We've bonded for so long in that QT, where he's posted maybe 3 times total. Maybe we should lynch Jimmmmm, but there just isn't all that many interactions and cases you'd get from it.

I had a reason to not vote Iguana, but actually, I probably could after all. Consider him considered.
Ced has not been more underwhelming lately. Faust is wrong. He hasn't posted today, but he will doubtless be here for the end of day. I think his play warrants at least a D2. He's moved the game forward whenever he has posted.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 10, 2016, 05:53:58 pm »

I guess I'm just getting femme fatale'd by Jimmmmm, who knows. I am his date. Maybe I've grown quite attached to him. We've bonded for so long in that QT, where he's posted maybe 3 times total. Maybe we should lynch Jimmmmm, but there just isn't all that many interactions and cases you'd get from it.
Still a better lynch than me!

Ced has not been more underwhelming lately. Faust is wrong. He hasn't posted today, but he will doubtless be here for the end of day. I think his play warrants at least a D2. He's moved the game forward whenever he has posted.
OK.  This is legit.  ced remains on my could-lynch list because I'm not certain that he's moved the game forward in a towny way whenever he has posted.  But I can't argue with your point in general.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #629 on: June 10, 2016, 05:59:59 pm »

If you provide convincing evidence of that I might be swayed to vote for Jimmm instead.

Well, the evidence that shows that I haven't made a scum slip in this game is pretty obviously present in this very thread. Here are some examples of my scum slips I remember off the top of my head, but I'm certain I've forgotten tons:

>there's not much going on in a mafia game
>go to sleep
>wake up
>scum has gotten lynched in the meantime

That was crazy.

Frustration because teammate got lynched.

Also I think that ash should claim again some time when he's not drunk.

Switch a claim? No, lynch all liars

I don't know if he's going to switch or not, I just don't feel very comfortable with assigning much value to anything anyone says while they're drunk.

Here I just had to specifically point out my lack of information regarding what my scum partner was going to do.

Roleblock

Rolecop, rather.

This was actually just a Freudian slip because I knew that my partner Rolecop RR had received a Roleblocker result that night so that's what was on my mind at the time.

let's say we end up lynching him. he flips town. what do you say then?

Dunno. I don't think he's going to flip town.

yeah. but i'm pretty sure he will, and I don't buy your 50%+ scum read.

How can you be pretty sure he will flip town? There is literally nothing that in any way supports the idea of him being town. 50% is an understatement, I'd rather say something like 80% or 90%. D1 cases don't get better than this.

After posting this, I immediately had an "oh dog what done" moment and proceeded to come up with a bullshit explanation as to why I had completely forgotten about the possibility that silverspawn might be Seprix's scum partner.

And you know, I got away with all of these, which might have been partially due to the fact that I was kind of able to explain them away. I even tried to use that Roleblocker slip to my advantage (that didn't work out though). But if you look at this game, there aren't any awkward explanations or anything of the sort by me.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #630 on: June 10, 2016, 06:02:33 pm »

You're missing the entire point of why everyone disagrees with you. And besides, this topic is wasting time and incredibly pro-scum to continue this topic when we are so close to the deadline. Yes, yes, talking about the time is pro-scum to rush town into a decision, but we ARE sort of running out of time to be bickering about useless bullshit right now!

The only reason we're talking about this is that some extremely skilled town players are trying to get me mislynched over it because that's absolutely brilliant town play.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 10, 2016, 06:03:14 pm »

I don't really want to lynch Awaclus.  He seems townie here.  I'm not sure I'll actually get to a ced reread tonight.  I will try to do it in the next hour, but I might not be completely free.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 10, 2016, 06:03:19 pm »

None of those comes close to a scum slip in my view, except maybe #3. I know that happens to me all the time regardless of alignment, but idk if it also happens to you.

So, no, sorry. 1/4 scum slip in all of your past history is not enough to make this a strong argument for your alignment in this game. I could make a better case given that I had exactly one actual scum slip in the past.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #633 on: June 10, 2016, 06:08:01 pm »

None of those comes close to a scum slip in my view, except maybe #3.

How would you explain a townie writing any of those posts?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 10, 2016, 06:11:29 pm »

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT.  Someone talk about the game.

I'm going to bed.  Plenty of time tomorrow, and I'll be around.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #635 on: June 10, 2016, 06:12:21 pm »

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT.  Someone talk about the game.

We are talking about the game.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 10, 2016, 06:20:11 pm »

None of those comes close to a scum slip in my view, except maybe #3.

How would you explain a townie writing any of those posts?

#1: A lot happened while you were afk, you comment on it. I'd say that post is towny because scum is more afraid to make these kinds of comments

#2  that is literally the nullest post every anyone can make it it means nothing

#3 you switch up words in your head. It happens to me a lot, as I said. I say cop instead of doc, town instead of scum, less instead of wrong, self-titled about APT, etc. I string sentences in my head that otherwise make sense and have this incredibly out of place term in them and don't realize it while typing. I assume the same can happen to anyone, probably with less frequency.

#4 This is the same stuff you post all the time as any alignment.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 10, 2016, 06:22:00 pm »

ironically what I was talking about in #3 just happened again while I was typing it and it wasn't even on purpose.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #638 on: June 10, 2016, 06:33:25 pm »

#1: A lot happened while you were afk, you comment on it. I'd say that post is towny because scum is more afraid to make these kinds of comments

In a manner which makes it obvious that I was not at all pleased with what happened while I was afk, despite the fact that it was hugely beneficial for town.

#2  that is literally the nullest post every anyone can make it it means nothing

Why would town emphasize that they don't know what ashersky is going to do?

#3 you switch up words in your head. It happens to me a lot, as I said. I say cop instead of doc, town instead of scum, less instead of wrong, self-titled about APT, etc. I string sentences in my head that otherwise make sense and have this incredibly out of place term in them and don't realize it while typing. I assume the same can happen to anyone, probably with less frequency.

Well, that is admittedly the weakest of these slips, because it's just a Freudian slip, not something that I actually intended to say (before considering its implications more carefully). Freudian slips can happen for reasons that have nothing to do with what information you have. That specific Freudian slip, however, had everything to do with what information I had, particularly due to being scum.

#4 This is the same stuff you post all the time as any alignment.

It's not. As town, I play under the assumption that people who defend whoever I'm attacking are more likely to be that person's scum partners. That assumption is very clearly missing from that post.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 10, 2016, 06:35:55 pm »

Since you are not going to convince me on those cases, I'll cancel the discussion here.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #640 on: June 10, 2016, 06:38:30 pm »

Since you are not going to convince me on those cases, I'll cancel the discussion here.

Congratulations on never being able to read me then, because this stuff is the only way you can tell the difference between town!me and scum!me.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 10, 2016, 06:39:35 pm »

Thanks.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 10, 2016, 06:50:55 pm »

ced reread:

Decides to RVS even though it doesn't really fit the game.

Okay, what do we talk about then?

In the pregame I considered the applications of accountability for partner requests - e.g. claiming all requests at the start of the following day, or simply when run up to L-2 or whatever. It seems likely that the scum would have interest in manipulating the partnerships, and having an after-the-fact request claim doesn't seem like it'd hurt.

This post is actually a good idea.  It wouldn't hurt to say who we plan on requesting before the day is over.

Unvote iguanaiguana

But in the end, my vote wasn't bad at all because it got us from RVS to you actually voicing a read and give people something to work with.

Was this your goal at the time of the vote?

While we're at it, how do people feel about faust's vote on awaclus? I can't say I'm a big fan of that either.

Since you're prompting the discussion, do you have anything more to say on the awaclus vote yourself?

You know that there are QTs to discuss this sort of thing, yes?

What sort of thing are you referring to?

This is his 12th post of the game, and his first one with any real content, and it is really just all about questions.  So not really that much content.

Cool.
Was there any reaction in particular you envisioned for your vote?
Also, did you consider your RR vote "bad" when you placed it? Since that's what I read from your earlier interactions with ADK.

Well, I did think some people might immediately join in, because RR's post was somewhat of a "classic" scumtell. I wanted to see who that was. I thought some might oppose it because RR is considered an easy mislynch for scum. I thought it would be interesting on which side of this people would end up.

I don't and didn't think the vote was bad though. I mean, I didn't think RR was particularly scummy there, but if at that point I had to choose someone to die, it would probably have been RR.

Alright, here is what I'm thinking:

So, you vote RR, then other people react in their own ways. ADK votes for you, and he is who you choose to respond to. Now, I don't like your responses here for a couple reasons:

-Firstly, some of your responses come across as prewrapped. Particularly #132, #135 and #137. ADK is calling your vote bad, and you're responding with non-answers. I'd expect a townie to at least have some conviction when defending their vote, but here it feels like you're conceding the point that your vote could be seen as bad. Feels very disingenuous. Your response above is the same sort of thing: "if I had to choose"

-The second requires a little context. In #151 you move your vote from RR to Awaclus*. Now, I don't begrudge the vote itself - Awaclus seems to be making a pointed effort to not contribute - though the unanswerable meta argument portion of your reason is uninspired.
There's more than that, though. In the above quote you mention that you were looking for people who would immediately join you in voting for RR, amongst other things. You got such a person in Silverspawn (#111). You do acknowledge this vote at the very least, both immediately and again in conversation with ADK. In #131 you draw ADK's attention to it, then in the second line of #134 you suggest that it's a worse vote than yours. It's very deflectionary. There's not a lot of interest on your part to follow up with Silverspawn (as evidenced by your Awaclus vote) but wouldn't it be nice if ADK and others could look at Silverspawn for you?

Vote faust

*without unvoting first. I consider this a minor scumtell sometimes, but to some people it's a force of habit so whatever.

Now this post actually has content and it is pretty good analysis.  I don't like his first point.  Mainly because I don't think it is true.  I don't think townies are more likely to defend their vote.  Eh actually after rereading it a second time, I don't really like it.  But it does look like he is genuinely trying.

It's kinda a mafia "common wisdom" that the second vote is scummier than the first, as in it's easier to hop on a wagon than to create one. By such logic, ADK should be voting for silver over me. He's not, and I want to know why.

See, here's the disconnect: you're suspicious of ADK for going for you over Silverspawn, because you believe Silver's second vote is scummier than yours. Yet you aren't suspicious of Silverspawn for said vote in the first place. It all feels very "why me?", like you were hoping for Silver to catch more flak for his vote than he did.
Speaking of ADK, though, what's your opinion of his decision to vote you and be the first on your wagon, as opposed to voting Silver and being the 2nd/3rd on that wagon?

You are overreacting very much to this vote ADK gave you.

vote: Faust

My first real vote.

Your Silverspawn vote wasn't real?

By my count that is 5 votes on faust, of varying value. Do you observe L-2 claims on this site? If so, how do we handle them in this game where votes sometimes don't count?

There are a few people we haven't heard from in over 24hrs, which is quite a while given the length of the day. Silverspawn in particular may have something pertinent to say about his partner (at least from what I've gathered from faust's defenses). I'd also like to hear from ADK about what he thinks of faust's latest posts.
Then I'm also interested in hearing from gkrieg/Haddock/Jimmm, who haven't had a real chance to post yet.

I can't believe I'm defending faust this much.
Your first point talks about faust saying why me?  Well obviously that is what he should be asking.  Why are people voting for him over ss, when he believes ss had the scummier vote.  He should be asking these kinds of questions to figure out patterns in voting behaviors. 

He keeps pushing the case on faust, which he uses very convincing words, but I don't think there is much substance to his case.  But it is also a D1 case.

I'm here! I think faust is town.  Especially with silvers backing. I mean maybe they're both scum, but eh.

Just caught up and read everything.  I may have missed bits and pieces (on phone) but my main takeaway here is a scummy vibe I'm getting from iguana. His posts just don't seem like him somehow. I'm aware this is super weak. But it's what I got. vote: iguana

Im null-scum on ced. But would like to leave that for a while, see some more of ced's play. (Pronoun, ced? )

I'm a guy.
This is... low on analysis and high on feels. I must admit I was informed you were usually quite analytical.
EWP: I suppose I'll await your concrete.

The whole daychat thing makes my mod outguessing game a whole lot worse though... it still has validity, but much less than I thought.

That's uh, pretty on-the-nose. Honestly, this is like one time that I'd really really like to know details of faust's meta, but these 3 posts would be strikingly town for most people that I've played with.

Unvote faust

Re: the QTs in spec chat thing. You make the assumption that the mod would keep the spec chat spoiler-free. Is that a thing here? It's not something I'm familiar with.

Something to note (I don't think anyone else has mentioned this): in the case that there are no scum pairs, scum has veto power over 3 of the 6 votes. Which would mean we can't lynch correctly before deadline without a bus.

That's something I considered in the pregame. People partnered with someone from the opposite alignment may not have a vote when it matters. Hence, due to the deadline lynch rules, what is significant is the majority of the people partnered with the same alignment as them. However I don't think it matters, since we should always be lynching by majority decision and anyone who gets in the way of that is scummy.

Woh, nice slip there ^^

Welp, now that I know Faust is town, I feel comfortable with a symbolic Vote: ced

I encourage the other dating pairs to kill my scum buddying partner.

Anything to add to this? I thought your buddying accusation was a bit rich, considering what you've posted in our chat.

So I say something about scum set-ups, everyone gets mad. But Jimmmmm can say something and nobody gets pissed.

What did you say about scum setups?

No, not really. I was addressing ADK's point, which I thought was incorrect. However, your overreaction to some votes on you spurred my vote, but then the whole 'townslip' thing happened, and I don't think it's as terribly relevant as SS thinks it is, but whatever.

How does this bolded bit jive with your post #166?

But then this post actually looks very analytical like he is really scum hunting.

He makes a big long reads list.  It does look like he is playing the game hard as either alignment.  It looks like he is into the game now.

Eh

Conclusion

I had hoped that I would find scum here, because I don't have any super strong scumreads yet.  Unfortunately, his posts are pretty townie when they have content, and he seems to be asking the right questions and keeping the game moving, so I don't want to lynch him today.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 10, 2016, 06:51:34 pm »

I'm actually more than cool with a Jimmmm lynch.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 10, 2016, 06:53:30 pm »

I could also go for a Jimmmm lynch just by POE.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: June 10, 2016, 06:57:19 pm »

This post is actually a good idea.  It wouldn't hurt to say who we plan on requesting before the day is over.

What? No. This is a horrible idea. And it wasn't what ced said. We want a claim after the fact, but not before.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 10, 2016, 06:58:39 pm »

Oh yeah, who do I want to request? <3

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 10, 2016, 07:03:18 pm »

What? No. This is a horrible idea. And it wasn't what ced said. We want a claim after the fact, but not before.

Ok never mind then. I thought it would be nice to have some accountability

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 10, 2016, 07:03:52 pm »

Ok never mind then. I thought it would be nice to have some accountability
Don't worry, we all know you'll request me  ;)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 10, 2016, 07:13:47 pm »

Oh yeah, who do I want to request? <3
Person you find scummiest?  As there was chat somewhere that 2 scum QTs are bad for town.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 16 queries.