Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 58  All

Author Topic: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 129153 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #600 on: June 10, 2016, 03:29:13 pm »

Vote Count 1.Haddock

Haddock (2+1): ADK, II, gkrieg
Seprix (0+1): ced
Joseph (0+1): Jimmmm  (wow Jimmmm should move his vote)
faust (0+1): Awaclus
gkrieg (0+1): Haddock
Jimmm (2+0): RR, Joseph
Awaclus (2+1): silver, faust, Seprix

I think faust and Awaclus's votes on each other are both bad and they should move.  I'm also in general not going to support the Awaclus wagon of course.

Since we're not far from deadline I will vote: Jimmm.   He may be the best viable option. 
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 10, 2016, 03:39:30 pm »

Maybe if we keep lynching him D1, he'll change his playstyle to something that is pro-town.

It is already incredibly pro-town.

Oh, yeah, sure, that must be why you're having such a solid 37% winrate as town.
Yeah, because he's the only player who determines whether or not the town wins!  :P
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 10, 2016, 04:15:40 pm »

Maybe if we keep lynching him D1, he'll change his playstyle to something that is pro-town.

It is already incredibly pro-town.

Oh, yeah, sure, that must be why you're having such a solid 37% winrate as town.
Yeah, because he's the only player who determines whether or not the town wins!  :P

There is admittedly a high variance that makes your winrate have little significance unless you played a ton of games (and maybe even then). It's still some evidence though, and certainly not for the effectiveness of his playstyle.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 10, 2016, 04:16:36 pm »

Let us not be distracted by a discussion of Awaclus's stats?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #604 on: June 10, 2016, 04:21:46 pm »

According to the stats that also state that I've only ever played 20 games on f.ds, which, by the way, has not been true in a very long time.

I honestly have no idea why you're trying so hard to personally insult me of all people. Whatever your goal is in the first place, it's not going to work, because there is literally nothing that I find in any way insulting.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 10, 2016, 04:52:50 pm »

There's no indication whatsoever that QTs are going to be made public after the day.

EFHW, can you confirm that QTs will/will not be shared?

QTs will not be shared until after the game.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 10, 2016, 05:04:38 pm »

Vote Count 1.11

Haddock (2)*: ADK, iguana, gkrieg
Seprix (0): ced
Joseph (0): Jimmmmm
faust (0): Awaclus
Jimmmmm (2): Roadrunner, Joseph, Haddock
Awaclus (2): silverspawn, faust, Seprix

Not voting (0):
With 12 alive it takes 7 to majority lynch
*=would be lynched if deadline were now.

Day ends Saturday, June 11th at 1 p.m., in about 20 hours

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 10, 2016, 05:06:39 pm »

Silver and Awaclus carry on with it.  Awaclus I expect it from, silver looks a bit scummy for it.

The spelling of colors is serious business. It's my second favorite album that contains my favorite passage in music and the go-to name if I need a smurf.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #608 on: June 10, 2016, 05:08:07 pm »

and the go-to name if I need a smurf.

Can't you just be a pawnssilver?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 10, 2016, 05:11:00 pm »

is that another post which demonstrates your foolproof towniness?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 10, 2016, 05:14:08 pm »

Time is of the essence, guys. It's getting close to the end, we need a game plan. Awaclus is probably not the best lynch, so unvote. Jimmmm makes me cringe because it's such little information. Faust isn't an option, Joseph and RR aren't options.

Who's left?
Ced
gkreig
Haddock
ADK
Iguana

Those are the three serious options I will consider today, unless someone magically presents some case that is just amazing.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 10, 2016, 05:14:46 pm »

I honestly have no idea why you're trying so hard to personally insult me of all people. Whatever your goal is in the first place, it's not going to work, because there is literally nothing that I find in any way insulting.

Because I hope against all reason that one day you will admit that you are wrong. Many people here are better players than you because they don't follow your stupid rules.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 10, 2016, 05:14:57 pm »

I forgot Silverspawn. I'd consider that lynch too.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 10, 2016, 05:16:36 pm »

I know Awaclus' is not an amazing lynch but I don't see a better one, frankly.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 10, 2016, 05:17:07 pm »

I think faust and Awaclus's votes on each other are both bad and they should move.  I'm also in general not going to support the Awaclus wagon of course.

But why? What has Awaclus posted that he is not perfectly capable of reproducing as scum? If anything, his insistence on being obvtown is scummy, because he did the same thing in that one game with the big discussion about QT quoting.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: June 10, 2016, 05:18:10 pm »

Yes... this option has been in the back of my mind for a while. He's just too agreeable for my taste.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 10, 2016, 05:23:00 pm »

Yes... this option has been in the back of my mind for a while. He's just too agreeable for my taste.

you won't get your date to agree on that lynch, I'm afraid.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 10, 2016, 05:23:29 pm »

I agree because stuff people say makes sense.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 10, 2016, 05:25:37 pm »

you won't get your date to agree on that lynch, I'm afraid.

Well, we know now that votes aren't completely useless if placed without your partner. (Which is actually a pretty big boost for town, so if I was scum, I'd be fairly pissed at that decision.)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #619 on: June 10, 2016, 05:27:04 pm »

Because I hope against all reason that one day you will admit that you are wrong. Many people here are better players than you because they don't follow your stupid rules.

That's bullshit. It is undeniable that my reads of late have been remarkably good, and it's not that hard to see how it's a direct result of my playstyle. The only rules I follow are the rules of the game; if you think they are stupid, perhaps you should be playing a different game with rules that you find less stupid.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 10, 2016, 05:29:19 pm »

But why?
Because he's my date! I thought this was clear.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #621 on: June 10, 2016, 05:30:51 pm »

What has Awaclus posted that he is not perfectly capable of reproducing as scum?

All of these posts without a single scum slip. Just because people usually tend to ignore the posts where I blatantly reveal having more information than a townie is supposed to have (talk about truly magnificent town play right there) doesn't mean I don't make them every time I'm scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 10, 2016, 05:32:07 pm »

What has Awaclus posted that he is not perfectly capable of reproducing as scum?

All of these posts without a single scum slip. Just because people usually tend to ignore the posts where I blatantly reveal having more information than a townie is supposed to have (talk about truly magnificent town play right there) doesn't mean I don't make them every time I'm scum.

If you provide convincing evidence of that I might be swayed to vote for Jimmm instead.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 10, 2016, 05:33:52 pm »

You're missing the entire point of why everyone disagrees with you. And besides, this topic is wasting time and incredibly pro-scum to continue this topic when we are so close to the deadline. Yes, yes, talking about the time is pro-scum to rush town into a decision, but we ARE sort of running out of time to be bickering about useless bullshit right now!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 10, 2016, 05:34:03 pm »

That's bullshit. It is undeniable that my reads of late have been remarkably good, and it's not that hard to see how it's a direct result of my playstyle. The only rules I follow are the rules of the game; if you think they are stupid, perhaps you should be playing a different game with rules that you find less stupid.

Having good reads alone doesn't win games.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 16 queries.