Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34  All

Author Topic: M67: Shakespeare Mafia 2: Othello (Game Over)  (Read 80486 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M67: Shakespeare Mafia 2: Othello (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: August 29, 2015, 01:37:51 pm »

His theory talk is UoSy of him.

<3

Anyway, I really like this post.  Makes me not want to lynch gkrieg today.  I know we sometimes give too much credit for effort, but the fact is, he's putting in effort, and the reads feel like genuine reads.  I don't know, that's not some brilliant reason, but this post feels like genuine impressions rather than manufactured reads, and without looking back, my impression was that scum!gkrieg didn't give us this kind of genuine-feeling input.  Worth looking at with more effort than this off-the-top-of-my-head stuff if he does something scummy tomorrow, but makes me not want him dead today at least.

@Gkrieg: Sudgy is not a policy vote or purely a lurker vote.  I mean he's a lurker, and if you're going to lynch a lurker Day 1 is the day to do it, but I don't like lynching lurkers at random.  I do like lynching lurkers when a lot of the living players have done something that makes me not want to lynch them in a day.  A lot of town reads and a null lurker make lurking scum more likely.

And I've been trying to put my finger on it, but Sudgy's 3rd post felt weird™ to me too.  I haven't been able to articulate why though, and I've been trying to think of how to phrase it.  I am townreading Awaclus and Ghacob though.

So yeah, new lynch pool is Sudgy and QS.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 29, 2015, 01:40:24 pm »

How can you not see Seprix as scum? He doesn't have a single post that even suggests that his thought process involves "how to make town win this game", all the while he does have posts that suggest that he's playing towards a scum win con.

This is absolutely true.  But I still want to hold off on lynching Seprix today.

Mainly because I've felt this way about town Seprix before, and the PR thing could be useful if it's real.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 29, 2015, 01:45:04 pm »

Actually, I've been thinking about it, and my death wouldn't be the worst thing for town ever. It's not great if I die, but you won't be terribly as off as I thought, I may have overstated a few things. If you lynch someone besides me though, it'll all pay off tomorrow. And if it doesn't, you can lynch me then as punishment.

Reminds me of myself in Buffy/Angel mafia.

In catching up, I was just thinking this.  This post has me on edge a bit.  But you got several days in Buffy.  I think we need Seprix to full claim early on in Day 2, then evaluate and lynch him or not then.

If it wasn't such a small game it would be easier.  But assuming 2 scum, that's 6:2 -> 4:2 after 1 mislynch -> 2:2 after 2 mislynches.  We only get two mislynches in the game, so if he's scum, this gambit could really pay off...

Maybe we should just lynch him.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 29, 2015, 01:50:12 pm »

Okay, well Sudgy and QS are still both away in some form or other, so we're probably going up until close to deadline anyway.  That makes it hard to question my two preferred lynches.

I think Seprix has got to be back on the table, the fact that 2 mislynches loses the game makes that a better scum gambit than I was first realizing.  But my gut is still saying we shouldn't lynch Seprix.  I need to figure out how to explain that, or if it's a stupid gut.

There's nothing to be gained from meta-diving on Sudgy I think, only a few posts and the lurking is caused by real life.  But I still think he's a better lynch than lots of people, but maybe he should be left alive until Day 2 for a better read as well?

I'm going to see if I can find a game of QS' on another site.  No promises, I don't know if he used the same username.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 29, 2015, 02:06:26 pm »

Internet detective powers activate: I'm 98% sure I have identified QS' Mafiascum account.  Different name, but I bet anything it's the same.

So I'm going to find a town and scum game of his there and think about it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #230 on: August 29, 2015, 03:00:35 pm »

If it wasn't such a small game it would be easier.  But assuming 2 scum, that's 6:2 -> 4:2 after 1 mislynch -> 2:2 after 2 mislynches.  We only get two mislynches in the game, so if he's scum, this gambit could really pay off...

Isn't 2:2 game over already? We only get one mislynch if we assume that there's nothing else going on (although there probably is, but we don't know what it is so we can't count on it).

I think we should just lynch him.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 29, 2015, 03:43:09 pm »

He just claimed that it would be bad to lynch him today.

Which is softclaiming a PR.  Being a lynched VT is not the worst thing in the world.

I still think Seprix is scum for the same reasons others have been saying.

I'm still busy for now.  I'll try to do more soon.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 29, 2015, 03:51:57 pm »

Isn't 2:2 game over already? We only get one mislynch if we assume that there's nothing else going on (although there probably is, but we don't know what it is so we can't count on it).

Want me to claim now then?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2015, 03:53:10 pm »

The only problem I have claiming is that I'm not sure if there is a doctor, and holding off a day is best.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2015, 04:07:54 pm »

The only problem I have claiming is that I'm not sure if there is a doctor, and holding off a day is best.

Well, you should have had that problem before you softclaimed. It's a bit late now.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2015, 04:10:12 pm »

pushing Seprix is so scummy here. I don't like it one bit

vote: Awaclus

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2015, 04:13:03 pm »

Why is it scummy to push the guy who's obvscum?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2015, 04:27:00 pm »

Why is it scummy to push the guy who's obvscum?

let's say we end up lynching him. he flips town. what do you say then?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2015, 04:38:00 pm »

Dunno. I don't think he's going to flip town.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2015, 04:46:18 pm »

yeah. but i'm pretty sure he will, and I don't buy your 50%+ scum read.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #240 on: August 29, 2015, 04:53:39 pm »

yeah. but i'm pretty sure he will, and I don't buy your 50%+ scum read.

How can you be pretty sure he will flip town? There is literally nothing that in any way supports the idea of him being town. 50% is an understatement, I'd rather say something like 80% or 90%. D1 cases don't get better than this.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #241 on: August 29, 2015, 04:56:34 pm »

It is worth noting, though, that I don't think it's likely that you are Seprix's partner. His partner's ability to not stick out is crucial for the gambit to work.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 29, 2015, 04:58:05 pm »

Hello there! I am here and terrible and I continue to procrastinate everything including playing a gosh darned forum game.

I'm apparently unable to write up a full post due to aforementioned unnecessary procrastination, so this will be the first of many partial posts describing all the things I should

Just to give an idea of how bad this is:
PPE: 18
Gender happened.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 29, 2015, 07:03:47 pm »

It is worth noting, though, that I don't think it's likely that you are Seprix's partner. His partner's ability to not stick out is crucial for the gambit to work.

lol

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 29, 2015, 08:21:46 pm »

Yes, I realized this in the next post when I said we have one mislynch before we lose or whatever.  Didn't feel like making another correction post on this one after spamming so many posts, I talk too much as it is.

Regarding Seprix, I understand why you think he is scummy, but why are you so sure he's scum?  Why so much certainty, given that this is Seprix we're talking about?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 29, 2015, 08:22:47 pm »

lol

You've had time to cool down, reads on Awaclus, SS, QS would be appreciated.  There's a good amount to go on at this point.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2015, 08:26:15 pm »

So, I thought I would be done by now, but I'm not, and now I have something going on overnight.  I'll get to this at some point late Sunday, probably.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2015, 08:41:05 pm »

I will do some reads to the best of my ability, ask some questions, etc. I JUST got home from work, I want some water first.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #248 on: August 30, 2015, 01:42:16 am »

Regarding Seprix, I understand why you think he is scummy, but why are you so sure he's scum?  Why so much certainty, given that this is Seprix we're talking about?

I don't think Seprix is usually this obviously scum when he's town.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 30, 2015, 05:49:31 am »

I actually don't really think Awaclus is scum

unvote

he's of course still terribly wrong

let's vote: sudgy instead

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.