Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 267698 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1550 on: June 09, 2016, 06:25:51 pm »

Jan, did you read my post on ADK? Do you think it is unusable, or do you think it is acceptable?

Also, I think you should reread yourself instead of making other people present the case for you... Like, that's lazy and anti-town.
The point is that those people are not as high on my priority list. If someone makes a convincing case then i might be swayed but as of right now, no.

It is not lazy anti-town. It is the truth.

I read your post on ADK, it read tainted with your opinion. I don't think he did anything that i liked today, but i liked a few things yesterday.

The reason why i want to be sure on liopoil and e is in part because i think gkrieg and adk are the same alignment. if the other two are both town, then gkrieg and ADK might be scum.
As of right now i have trouble thinking the other two are town. But that reread with a bit distance has priority and will happen early tomorrow (after i wake up).

This seems like a very dangerous way to think

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: June 09, 2016, 06:30:41 pm »

Jan, did you read my post on ADK? Do you think it is unusable, or do you think it is acceptable?

Also, I think you should reread yourself instead of making other people present the case for you... Like, that's lazy and anti-town.
The point is that those people are not as high on my priority list. If someone makes a convincing case then i might be swayed but as of right now, no.

It is not lazy anti-town. It is the truth.

I read your post on ADK, it read tainted with your opinion. I don't think he did anything that i liked today, but i liked a few things yesterday.

The reason why i want to be sure on liopoil and e is in part because i think gkrieg and adk are the same alignment. if the other two are both town, then gkrieg and ADK might be scum.
As of right now i have trouble thinking the other two are town. But that reread with a bit distance has priority and will happen early tomorrow (after i wake up).

vote: Jan
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: June 09, 2016, 07:36:20 pm »

Yeah, for all this talk of empty posts I feel like Jan has had a lot of them.

We need more people to vote for ADK.
Or how about vote: Jan?
These posts push Reggie townier to me, fwiw.  They have a towny feel.

I don't find the cases on ADK or e convincing at all.  e is basically null for me at the moment, can never read e, and I stand by my town!Teproc/WW read. 

Silver is making a lot of sense, but that's a null tell for him.
I still like lynching either iguana or lio.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: June 09, 2016, 07:38:33 pm »

Haddock, you were scum with J Reggie. J Reggie you were scum with Haddock.

Both of you are very good players. If one of you is town, watch the other. If you guys are both scum, we're in trouble.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: June 09, 2016, 07:40:43 pm »

I'm a bit lost here. Trying to catch up has been super hard. Right now I want to vote ADK, but feel like that's a pretty uninformed vote and that I need to rethink it. Meanwhile I'm becoming the default lynch and part of it I know is because I haven't had the time to put in the effort to actually analyse this game and form decent reads.

I don't have work tomorrow morning. I am going to give my best efforts then and place a vote.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: June 09, 2016, 08:18:00 pm »

When was the last time ADK posted?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: June 09, 2016, 08:19:57 pm »

He was always in my lynchpool, I don't recall there ever being much momentum on his wagon.

Wow, over 2 days ago.

Request prod on ADK

Is Hydrad even part of this game still?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: June 09, 2016, 08:20:17 pm »

Oh right, Iguana is Hydrad.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1558 on: June 10, 2016, 12:17:50 am »

liopoil:

There's a lot going on with liopoil, and some strong emotional reactions. I'm not really used to that from him, but I haven't played in that many games with him. I have a hard time understanding we're he's coming from a lot of the time, and his posts seem to contain a lot of contradictions. The easy explanation is that's because he's scum and his stances are fabricated, but it might be town and approaching the game differently than me.

I am doing some rereading on liopoil right now. (won't spoil you with my opinion just yet) Can someone who knows him better talk to me about the bolded part?
Generic signature involving the word homunculus.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: June 10, 2016, 12:51:32 am »

fuck. burned my hand 30 minutes ago. been cooling it ever since, but as of right now the pain is unbearable whenever i stop cooling for longer than 5 seconds.

only left handed at the moment.

will delay my plans. might go to the hospital if it does not get better within the hour.

will keep you in the loop.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: June 10, 2016, 01:28:51 am »

Everyone yell at Jan to go to the fucking hospital, please.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: June 10, 2016, 03:17:22 am »

back.

upside 4 different painmeds and i get to visit the hospital every morning for a while to change bandages.

downside. cant use my right hand for a little while. i might need to get myself a girlfriend for the duration of this predicament.

anyways. should be able to play. slowly one handed. less input/spammy.

if faust deems my contribution as unworthy then he may decide to sub me out, but i think it is not needed.

unvote

also the reason i took a rather long time to get back into the game is because i was a bit unsure about some of my reads.

in other words, i decided that liopoil is town, which makes me reconsider on several things. and is also the reason i wanted him to explain the e read and/or look at e's list again.
because i want to evaluate if i was wrong on 1 person or two yesterday.

gone for now. have to visit another doctor to get more painkillers.
oh yeah it is a 2nd degree burn of 3 fingers of my right hand just as info for the curious people.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: June 10, 2016, 05:09:47 am »

You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: June 10, 2016, 10:03:48 am »

Okay, I guess I will read things.  Surprised no one wants to lynch JReggie.

Hydrad:

I have arived!

Why is there like 5 pages of posts already! I missed RVS!

also. Totally forgot that I had signed up for this game I got my message. We will se how this goes.

First thoughts.

Hey we have some championship guys here. Thats pretty neat. This should be a fun game.

Seprix feels like a new person. But I don't think hes played for a while so maybe he just changed a bit? still weird.

Vote: Awaclus for now though.

Vote: Awaclus for now though.

Expand on this please.
I did not like this intro post. It feels very detached/distant.

Ok sorry. uh basically I'm still not really sure where to go at the moment. Awaclus is a nice default for me as his town/scum feel so similar to me and I feel like as town hes less helpful as town (in my opinion) but when hes scum hes also not very helpful but he doesn't need to be as scum. So bascially its just a spot to place my vote for now.

One thing I will say though is I'm really liking you as a player here though. I'm leaning town on you right now.

O liopoil had a wagon that sounds like fun.

I'm going to go

Vote: fontisian though.

This is a more serious vote then the awaclus one.

Man, all of the recent discussion seems like mindless babble over reads and reads lists. We were actually getting some serious stuff done, and now it's all lame.

I think this discussion is keeping progress going.

Its interesting to see.

Right now I'm trying to get a read on Jan from all of this though. His list doesn't feel fabricated at least from my perspective. so I think I'm leaning town on him.

Wow that was a tough one.  Par the course for Hydrad.  My generally feeling is a slight inclination that this is him as town.  I think he's more likely to say the kind of 'hey I haven't been paying attention I missed stuff!' in his first post as someone that hasn't been chatting in a QT.    Yes that's a meta argument, whoever was complaining about that this game.

Then a wild Iguana appears:

Hi everyone, my name is Hydrad. Sorry for lurking. Looks like I have some reading to do.

I'm not going to quote everything he says because there's more than Hydrad.  He doesn't show up until Day 2, and Hydrad was gone after early Day 1, so there's little relating to the lynch with this slot. 

Says this in his second post:

My gut feeling though is actually to look closest at the players off the Awaclus wagon because I don't think scum wants to participate too heavily in a last minute snap-mislynch like that.

Could be of interest. 

Starts reading back, I guess that's what you have to do.  Starts saying stuff about Teproc being scum.  Man who does this guy think he is?  Also:

Tryhard scum is tryhard.

Really? Do you think an experienced scum would open the game like this?

Town on this.

No, that's scummy.  Are you playing backwards game?  Anyone been voting for Silverspawn?  Also, claims scummy on ADK for ADK finding Teproc's instatownread suspicious.  That's fair from ADK, though Teproc comes out with strong opinions early.  Ends this post with a 'town v. town' statement about Sperix and Melisandre.  Generally a scummy thing to say, but he prefaces it by saying that he thought that before he was in the game.  Well, way to play preemptive defense.

Continues to think we should move towards ADK, points out ADK started the Awaclus thing.  Also says people should look at Teproc.  Man, Teproc was good people. 

Doubles down on the 'town v. town' on Seprix and Melisandre.  Uses it to tunnel ADK.  Claims town on RR for flawed reasons.  Finds everyone that votes for Seprix scummy.  Town on Gkrieg, an implied scum on Lio.  Says J Reggie is kind of scummy, heyyo. 

Settles on wanting to lynch ADK, but doesn't vote because he hasn't caught up yet.  Man, where's your sense of irresponsibility? 

I don't really agree with his conclusions thus far (well, Seprix is likely town), though he's read more than I have.  I don't really get a scummy feel.. the only thing I don't like is the consistency.  Starts with a couple town, a couple scum, and then reads just confirm this. 

Continuing, more solidification of scum reads on Teproc and ADK. 

Okay, then the townslip thing.  Man, that's bad:

Lio, would you mind analyzing your wagon? Who do you think is the most likely to be scum on it? Who is more likely town?

If this game does not have scumchat that can be permanently used, then this is coaching = posisble partner.

If this game does have scumchat (during the day), then she would not do this as partner and they are never w/w.

That being said. The setup info didn't clarify how you handle scumchat on this site. Call it a dumbtell, but how do you do it normally?

Did anyone comment on this classic townslip?

There's a lot of bad here, really.  Calling fontisian's question coaching is a bit of a stretch, in the sense that it's completely garbage.  Even if scum had daychat and fontisian and Lio were partners, this post would probably still happen.  More likely this is simply fontisian (a) scumhutning or (b) pretending to scumhunt.  Jan's response here is pretty empty, like very so.  So bad on Jan, bad bad on Iguana. 

Moving on, Iguana questions Lio's reads.  Well that's good.  Talks more about the daychat thing:

I think it's more that Jan's line of thinking here wouldn't actually occur to scum, who know the answers. Therefore the entire line of thinking would need to have been fabricated. That's harder to fake than just saying "Oh, I forgot daychat." (This is something that silverscum actually did in the championship game as scum.

Why would that line of thinking not occur to scum?  It's a trivial thing to fake.  If anything, Jan even considering daychat makes them more likely to be scum.  Town doesn't think about such things.  Scum does, because they need to post something and look like they're trying to 'figure stuff out'. 

Then Silver says something, votes Iguana, Seprix gets really excited (I just do not see scum behaving this way.  Looking at what Silver says.. well, he's right about it not being a townslip.  But man, why does he need the weird 'scum has daychat and Iguana is scum and forgot about it' scenario?  Overexplained, too.  Classic scummy.    Would it be scummy if Iguana were scum?  Not sure.. less so I think. 

[silverspawn's usual bullshit]

okay then, you always scumread me though

+1 for this. Not townie or scummy though.  Then a big wagon forms on him, but he's away.   This is what initially made me think he was scum when I saw it in the speccy, because it seemed like a 'I'm caught, better keep a low profile and see if it blows over' reaction.  Other people seem to think this way too, but Iguana comes back explaining he was at work.  Starts responding to the wagon:

I'll do my best to respond to the votes on me one at a time, since everyone is more or less voting me for a different reason.

iguana is scum. Scum has daychat. iguana forgot that it was not in the setup. his calling it a town slip is a scum slip. Then, when he realized what he had done, he fabricated this explanation:

So the fact that this question about daychat likelihood even occurred to him indicates town.

which I do not buy. He called it a "classic townslip". Openly wondering about something town does not know - that is not a town slip. That is the lack of a scum slip. it is what scum does with almost every post, whenever they voice a read on someone, they are pretending to think about something they already know.

The crux of silver's argument revolves around the definitions of scumslip and townslip. When I made my post, I was thinking of a townslip as any line of thought that indicates it is coming from town, and would be difficult for scum to fake. Probably, I should have said it was a strong town-tell, not a slip. silver however believes that I, as scum, believed that daychat was posted in the setup and scumslipped.

1) Most games on this site don't have daychat. Already has been said.
2) Why would I make the mistake of thinking that something is posted in the setup when literally almost nothing is posted in the setup? This setup is completely closed, and we're given two paragraphs of very general information on it.
3) Look at the timestamps. I made the townslip comment #1333 at 2:46PM. Seprix responded with post #1335 at 2:49PM. I responded at #1338 with a clarification of what I meant at 2:54PM. The entire space of the interchange was 8 minutes. This was not me inventing a fake explanation to cover up a mistake; that would have taken me longer. It was me clarifying an idea that was already in my head. I read and responded to Seprix's comment within 5 minutes.

Kept wondering when I'd get to the much-discussed cases on Liopoil & e. People are starting to question e's lurking, I too am finding that scummy.  And now I just got to this:

Seriously, it's a simple, jokey question, but it's enough to make liopoil react defensively AND feel the need to add another post because he's scared of the way his first response is read ?

The second post is really what makes it scummy for me, town probably doesn't even take the time to respond to that in the first place, but liopoil cared enough to post twice about it !

Roadrunner best scumhunter 2016.

This case on Lio is actually quite good. But I doubt it quite a bit, because it's coming from my second strongest scumread. Teproc early day looked awful, then he disappeared. Coming back with this does not inspire my confidence in the case.
Ewwwww. "I know lio is scum, and want to look good if he gets lynched, but look how scummy Teproc is guys!"

Vote: iguanaiguana

I'm good with killing lio too at this point.

Iguana: Why don't you go into more detail on Teproc's d1 and why it looks scummy?

You say I was thinking "I know lio is scum, and want to look good if he gets lynched, but look how scummy Teproc is guys!"

Actually, the line of thinking was:

"Teproc's case looks good in isolation, but in the context it makes Teproc look scummy and Liopoil looks town because Teproc's play has been scummy.

I shared my developing scumread on Teproc here and here. I also really don't like how Teproc disappears and lurks for a long while after making the early posts that I took issue with, only to come back and make a snap case on Liopoil based on him being self-conscious. I don't know what Teproc has done in the middle of the game, because I wasn't there, but his not being around for the EoD1 looks bad, and continuing to tunnel Liopoil after Liopoil has only made towny contributions to the game since the initial 'case' looks bad too.

I will admit that confirmation bias may have played a role. I hesitated to scumread Liopoil for the awkward comment because I was already scumreading Teproc, and he was making the case.

"Look how consistent I am!"

Summarizes his wagon:

Alright so currently voting for me are:

Seprix - Town. But I always townread Seprix. But Seprix is always town. Dude is grasping at serious straws here looking for scum, willing to believe almost anything. It's super hard to imitate that kind of cluelessness when you have the game solved.

Fontisian - Uhm....a town??? Her reasons for voting me seem pretty legitimate, although I do think some of it is based in misunderstanding my original posts. She's not buying the scumslip thing, which is a ridiculous argument, so that's town points. But really... she's the mafia champion something something, how am I supposed to be able to tell when she's scum?

Haddock - Pretty null. I can believe that Haddock genuinely thinks I'm scum. He usually does. 

J Reggie - IDK. Seriously, IDK. Sorry. No clue how to read this guy.

silverscum - I was townreading him, now I'm not so convinced. His argument was just, awful. It's hard for me to believe he genuinely believes it & it really feels like he's just trying to push a mislynch because he's good with words, has a good reputation, and therefore he can get away with it.

ADK - Scum. I've already talked about this read. Also he just jumped on the wagon hardly commenting.

Is anyone else voting for me?

Also, these reads are weak, mainly because I still haven't read the entire game yet ><

Better get working on that...

And we're basically caught up.

I'm a bit lost here. Trying to catch up has been super hard. Right now I want to vote ADK, but feel like that's a pretty uninformed vote and that I need to rethink it. Meanwhile I'm becoming the default lynch and part of it I know is because I haven't had the time to put in the effort to actually analyse this game and form decent reads.

I don't have work tomorrow morning. I am going to give my best efforts then and place a vote.

Seems sincere.

Well, that was fun.  If there's a conclusion from this I don't know what it is.  Maybe targetted rereads aren't the smartest thing since all the responses are out of context.  His reaction to his wagon is not really scummy.  Scummiest thing about him is the consistency of his reads.  Feels like he came in with an idea and just found things to support that idea as he read. 

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: June 10, 2016, 10:05:02 am »

back.

upside 4 different painmeds and i get to visit the hospital every morning for a while to change bandages.

downside. cant use my right hand for a little while. i might need to get myself a girlfriend for the duration of this predicament.

anyways. should be able to play. slowly one handed. less input/spammy.

if faust deems my contribution as unworthy then he may decide to sub me out, but i think it is not needed.

unvote

also the reason i took a rather long time to get back into the game is because i was a bit unsure about some of my reads.

in other words, i decided that liopoil is town, which makes me reconsider on several things. and is also the reason i wanted him to explain the e read and/or look at e's list again.
because i want to evaluate if i was wrong on 1 person or two yesterday.

gone for now. have to visit another doctor to get more painkillers.
oh yeah it is a 2nd degree burn of 3 fingers of my right hand just as info for the curious people.

I hope you feel better soon!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: June 10, 2016, 10:06:09 am »

I'll do ADK next, but not immediately. 

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1566 on: June 10, 2016, 10:14:25 am »

WW, do you have a case on me? I'm not sure why you're so sure I'm scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: June 10, 2016, 10:17:56 am »

The way you voted for Iguana.  The way you unvoted the couple of cases you've been on.  A couple of other things that I've come by and seemed scummy out of context. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: June 10, 2016, 10:18:57 am »

It's not like I'm sure, it's just the best thing so far. 

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1569 on: June 10, 2016, 10:19:43 am »

The way you voted for Iguana.  The way you unvoted the couple of cases you've been on.  A couple of other things that I've come by and seemed scummy out of context. 

Ok, hopefully they won't seem scummy in context.

Also, really why do people keep disappearing?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: June 10, 2016, 10:21:02 am »

Ok, hopefully they won't seem scummy in context.

Also, really why do people keep disappearing?

I think it's more likely in big games. 

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1571 on: June 10, 2016, 10:25:03 am »

Man, all of the recent discussion seems like mindless babble over reads and reads lists. We were actually getting some serious stuff done, and now it's all lame.

This is a great summary of why I'm having so much trouble finishing this goddamn reread.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: June 10, 2016, 10:26:19 am »

Does anyone have, like, spark notes?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: June 10, 2016, 10:28:05 am »

Does anyone have, like, spark notes?

That's kinda what my rereads are :)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: June 10, 2016, 10:28:56 am »

Just reread through the thread, and there is a lot there. 

RR seems like his classic self, which means he will reveal himself as scum on D3 (if he is scum).  So let's leave him be for now.
Melisandre seems like a pretty confident player, and has been posting all sorts of stuff, and it has read pretty honest to me.  Town for now
liopoil has a lynch brewing in the future for him if he keeps up with the odd posts and 'traps' and such.  Does he really do that as scum?  not so sure. 
fontisian and Jan are both new with melisandre, and although they haven't been as active, they still exist.  I am fine keeping it that way on D1.
gkrieg is still voting me from rvs despite making cases and rereading people and finding them scummy, so....vote: gkrieg
silverspawn has some big posts and has some cool things down.  Scummy stuff not really. 
I voted for Seprix earlier, and maybe that is just because his current play style makes me think scum.  Which, could be right or could be wrong.  Either way, gkrieg is a better place to vote right now.  He is totally just sitting on a vote to look important and not be sitting at "not voting" status
Hydrad is so very Hydrad.  We can lynch him and RR together on D3 when they both breakdown and claim scum for real
I think Awaclus is very provocative, which can be frustrating...but also good.  He gets useful reactions out of people.
ADK does ADK stuff.  He could be town, but I think gkrieg is the better option right now.
Reggie is cool.  Let's not lynch him
Haddock is over-sensitized to any time that I remotely call him scummy.  Half the time it isn't even real.  I mean, like last game in lylo where I totally found him scummy for everything because I had to.  This half...might actually be a real scum read.
Ichi is town.  Because I said so.
Teproc is scum.  Because
you should reconsider your faust read. pretty sure that guy is some sort of evil overlord with a whole mafia team serving him.

I could get behind that case

But we should lynch his minion gkrieg first.

PPE:2
Here's e's reads post in question, and boy this was way back. Important to remember that in thjs stage in the game I wouldn't trust anyone with strong reads.

RR not a good D1 lynch (This was my view too)
Meli: Yep, same
lio: Very good prediction and indeed I was starting to get this feeling too.
fontisian/Jan okay I agree hard to read (at that point)
gkrieg: This is just a good catch, to keep glrieg accountable for where his vote is
ss: pass
Seprix: I also was wavering on whether it was playstyle or not (the scummy stuff he did). Now K lean town.
Hydrad: Not much more to say here.
Awaclus: Okay this one just says that grass is green
ADK, J Reggie, Ichimaru: ?????
Haddock: Interesting
Teproc: Wait what?

Not quite how I remembered it. Clearly he just included some people for the sake of conpletion, but the players with comments are good. And it would be weird for e to have good comments on everyone. In particular, he made good observations on RR, lio, gkrieg, and Haddock which not many others were saying but I agreed with.

It's also notable that e had made a few more focused rereads RIGHT before your post saying he bad no real content, and these were more fresh in my mind.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.