Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57  All

Author Topic: M66: Paris Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins)  (Read 133947 times)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M66: Paris Mafia (Day 6)
« Reply #1300 on: September 28, 2015, 06:20:32 pm »

And if you think I'm a mime because of my over-activity, look at my other games. Day1 just needs to have something to kick it off to a start, and this sort of thing is the easiest (though something would work better if I could find it, because over the long-run this turns into WIFOM).

It's not the over-activity, it's the content.  I feel like you're the most mime-iest person here.  I'm just trying to say, "Hey, let's not lynch XP!  Look elsewhere!"

...but now we're just talking about you.  We need to look elsewhere.

This looks like it'll be relatively easy for town. We have 13 people, and only 2 of them are mafia. Really, we just need two correct lynches to win.

I don't think it's that easy.  While yes, we do only need two correct lynches, we also can't make two certain incorrect lynches.  I think this will be harder than it seems.

The problem is, I don't really have any scum reads yet...

Strong interaction early on between sudgy and me - I don't know if scum tends to do that.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: September 28, 2015, 06:22:16 pm »

I'm not sure why you are including yourself into your rereads. did you forget your pm and want to see if you can read your own alignment before you go back and check?

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: September 28, 2015, 06:23:38 pm »

Don't be too sad about being found out so quickly though, it happens.

You could speed up the game by telling us who your scum partners are.

I know now that there is no one thing that is true - it is all true.

Fake townslip! There is no such thing as scum "partners". Vote: silver

PPE: no, I know my alignment. But it's just as important in this situation to prove yourself to be town as figure out who's scum.

Maybe this is a townslip. 2 town points to silver.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: September 28, 2015, 06:24:36 pm »

Basically, giving people information so they can come to the correct conclusion about me might even be more important than giving myself information so I can come to the correct conclusion about you too.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: September 28, 2015, 06:31:26 pm »

I have an idea. Why don't you provide a reads list so we can compare.

QS: probably town, could be scum, I don't think you're a mime
XP: scum
Awaclus: IC
WW: I can't read WW this early, he always feels towny no matter what he does, so I need more of the actual evidence stuff to form an opinion about him. I guess he could be scum or mime.
SS: null
Ghacob: null
faust: null
chairs: null
gkrieg: null
EgorK: null
Teproc: towny, but I think he's also capable of being this towny as scum, so probably null
sudgy: null
Seprix: Sort of like WW, except that instead of feeling towny, he always feels weird no matter what he does.

Right this. This is a real reads list, because it's 95% null. Normally that's bad, sure, but given the way this game is going, it's the only sane reads list town can produce. Scum would feel pressured to put artificial reads in there. ould be mime too I suppose, but whatever, I don't think this comes from scum.

Not relevant to the current situation, but this analysis is original and correct, thus effective. Best sort of mafia analysis.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: September 28, 2015, 06:32:07 pm »

So for Day 1, ghacob is VLA the first half of the day and doesn't do much the second half. 2 scum points.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: September 28, 2015, 06:37:51 pm »

Silverspawn interacts very little with pudgy D1 despite being active at the same time and talking about the same time. There's only a direct question, and those are the most suspicious, because they hide authenticity. He's active and makes a lot of good points, though, so net 0.

Ghacob does a lot of that sort of thing and also vote count/deadline stuff, which is rather scummy given he doesn't do much in-game stuff.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 28, 2015, 06:39:58 pm »

@Awaclus: in past games you made this speech about how, as town, you just make short posts, while as scum, you find yourself making large posts without being able to stop them. How do you explain your large post here?

1 scum point - this isn't as direct I would expect town!silverspawn to be given his interaction with faust above.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: September 28, 2015, 06:43:13 pm »

If I count correctly, that's net 1 town for both silverspawn and ghacob. I'll be back for tomorrow (before tomorrow).

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: September 28, 2015, 06:47:20 pm »

Silverspawn interacts very little with pudgy D1 despite being active at the same time and talking about the same time. There's only a direct question, and those are the most suspicious, because they hide authenticity. He's active and makes a lot of good points, though, so net 0.

Ghacob does a lot of that sort of thing and also vote count/deadline stuff, which is rather scummy given he doesn't do much in-game stuff.

I think I/we made sure have quite a bit of interaction in my past scum games to prepare for this argument.

I haven't been scum in a long time (which is cool, I prefer town). My last scum game was dune2, were my partner got lynched day 1 and I day 2, but my second last scum game was Futuramafia. If you reread for this purpose, were faust and I played scum together, and were not afraid to have plenty of interaction.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: September 28, 2015, 06:48:05 pm »

@Awaclus: in past games you made this speech about how, as town, you just make short posts, while as scum, you find yourself making large posts without being able to stop them. How do you explain your large post here?

1 scum point - this isn't as direct I would expect town!silverspawn to be given his interaction with faust above.

how is that not direct  ???

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: September 28, 2015, 06:49:04 pm »

^^ that sentence doesn't really make sense at the end, but I think it's clear what I was trying to say

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: September 28, 2015, 06:53:15 pm »

This is getting ridiculous. silver, if nobody agrees with you, maybe you should start questioning yourself.

another out of character thing for faust to say. first of all, seprix is agreeing with me. second of all, it'S normal to tunnel people to try to convince them. and thirdly, no-one is agreeing with you either.
even if seprix is scummy, he's not nearly as scummy as faust.

Seprix is much more likely to be mafia than faust though. So is chairs, to a lesser extent, and WW even.

none of them is nearly as likely to be mafia than faust
I don't really understand why Faust is scummy, though.

how is starting off by not contributing and then changing that upon receiving pressure something town!faust would ever do?

also, why would town!faust say I'm scum here? He would know better.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: September 28, 2015, 06:53:42 pm »

Those have a bluntness to them a rhetorical question doesn't.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: September 28, 2015, 07:03:35 pm »

well, I was heavily tunneling faust, obviously I will not use the same tone on every player. But I feel like that's a matter of aggression, not one of directness.

I certainly hope and am pretty sure that my normal tone isn't as aggressive as my interaction with faust here.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: September 29, 2015, 01:29:57 am »

Vote Count 6.1
...But that is a method for cowards; the brave man goes out into the hall, comes back with a stick, and says firmly, "You have just deliberately and cruelly exposed my ignorance before this company; I shall, therefore, beat you soundly with this stick in the presence of them all."

This you then do to him or he to you, mutatis mutandis, ceteris paribus; and that is all I have to say on Ignorance.
― Hilaire Belloc

Ghacob (1): silverspawn
Not Voting (3): Ghacob, chairs, XerxesPraelor

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch, 2 to no-lynch.
Day 6 ends Wednesday September 30 at 11:00 PM forum time.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: September 29, 2015, 11:33:21 am »

vote: silverspawn.

Based on my rereads, combined with what i've been reading here, I think this is the best chance of hitting scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: September 29, 2015, 11:34:39 am »

vote: silverspawn.

Based on my rereads, combined with what i've been reading here, I think this is the best chance of hitting scum.

that's stupid, but fine.

vote: silverspawn

please shoot ghacob and not XP

but also explain me how and why you could think that I would mess up this badly as scum, because that's just insulting.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: September 29, 2015, 11:35:58 am »

I hope you read what like I said is the most important thing which happened this game. In case you didn't, it was scum not shooting the watcher. That's a more solid piece of evidence than anything else and you should give it more weight than anything else and it points towards ghacob which is why I'm baffled that you're making this mistake.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: September 29, 2015, 11:40:29 am »

I mess small up a lot because I think fast and post without rereading thoroughly (which I do on purpose, because I think it gives me a town image, yes I'm self-conscious, but I've done it in the past 10 games or so) but that's an entirely different kind of messing up than doing a nonsensical NK as scum. Scum has enough time to choose their targets carefully, and I think about what I'm doing when I'm scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: September 29, 2015, 11:43:15 am »

particularly look at my second link and then tell me how on earth I would not realize that I need to shoot the watcher!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: September 29, 2015, 11:46:11 am »

Aside from everything else, I mean, you didn't even tell me why you think I'm scummy. but this is more important than reads, so answer this first.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: September 29, 2015, 11:47:07 am »

and I hope you got something better than 'I did it to be able to make that defense'

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: September 29, 2015, 12:24:40 pm »

Mrgh.

That's fair. unvote.

Unvote yourself.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: September 29, 2015, 12:28:14 pm »

oh, nice.

unvote

great, now we win the game 100%
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.