Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M54: Musical Mafia - GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN!  (Read 108270 times)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
Re: M54: Musical Mafia - D2
« Reply #700 on: December 05, 2014, 05:14:02 pm »

Nice reason.

I like lynching hugo less and less, the reasons not to are just so much better. Meanwhile XP isn't exactly seeming towny, so I encourage more people to join that wagon.
Why shouldn't we lynch Hugo?

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hugovj
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 05, 2014, 05:51:00 pm »

Why shouldn't we lynch Hugo?
Because!

Okay, let's see, you wanted my response to your case.
Reread of Hugo. I'll cover every post since there's only like 15.

#129 Hedges on the song claiming. Votes sudgy (I think this is a good vote).

#227 Answers sudgy's question about his mafia experience. Says he doesn't suspect Hydrad and is confused as to why others do. Also notes this
Fun fact: WW and ADK voted twice right after each other on the same person.
#242 More on that point.

#272 Votes ADK for voting sudgy. Basically accuses ADK of being a hypocrite since ADK was originally against the sudgy wagon and found Hugo suspicious for jumping it. ADK points out this was very early in the game.

#338 Announces that he is sick and will post his thoughts later.
Well, so far so good. Also, I feel like you wanted to mention my ADK/WW-thing, but didn't want to go to deep into it. A bit confirmation BIASed if you ask me.

#395 A very strange post. Apologizes for lurking and says he doesn't have much to say. scumtell much?
Says he finds me "very suspicious" based on an earlier post made by Teproc? citing my play in (Stack the Deck) which he had confused with Zelda. So basically sheeping a read based on a prior game he hasn't even looked at. Finishes with saying he still likes his vote where it is though, despite me being "very suspicious".
This is quoting out of context. What I literally said was: "I must say I do find the way some people base their arguments of other people there style. I know this can be useful, but still, it's really confusing for me to read: Ichi is very suspicious, because he played like this in Zelda mafia, or whatever. I haven't read all games, nor do I plan to do so."
So, while mentioning your name and Teprocs argument, I try to say I can't make up my mind about these arguments, because I don't have any experience with your playstyle.

#533 Another odd post. Basically saying that he feels no need to be townie by posting "little posts" which he believes the only purpose of which is to make people think you're town. It seems he forgot he posted in the interim after he had said he was sick. He states that he was the one that derphammered in Fish Mafia. Says he still thinks ADK is scum but the quickness of his wagon makes him wary. He believes that neither XP or I are voting ADK (although I am voting ADK at this point). Says that my vote on sudgy makes me look bad for some unknown (read: nonexistent) reason and then votes me to "see what happens".
Well, honestly, I didn't remember that post. Don't know what I was thinking. Probably a bit the same as with the vote on Sudgy, I really wasn't reading properly. "See what happens" was purely because I was very interested in what would happen, hoping it would give more insight. Well, it does.

#538 Responding to xxpittip's short case on ADK. Takes issue with the fact that xxpittip voted him previously. He disagree's with xxpittip's assessment that ADK's flip will give town a lot of information. Makes an interesting point about not voting active players. Concludes by saying he thinks the reasons xxpittip gives for voting ADK are bad.
No comments needed

#539 Correcting his prior statement that ADK was a PR, possible scumslip (But I don't really believe in those anyways).
Er... No. I was giving an example and here I'm repeating again it was an example.

#542 Responding to Eevee's vote on him and questioning why Hugo voted me. His response obviously gives no information or supporting statements.

#545 Disagrees with WW that his post indicated that he thought ADK was scum.

#547 Quotes a small portion of his #533 and tries to use it as evidence showing he didn't really think ADK was scum?
No, again. What I'm trying to prove to WW is the fact I don't say I think ADK is surely scum. I think he very well might be, but I explain why I don't vote for him. WW accused me of making a case, and I quote myself to prove I didn't.

#551 Better response to people questioning why he voted me. He cites these reasons:
I've voted for Ichi because:
-As I recall, he was lurking in the beginning (not very strong)
-He voted Sudgy before, who's flipped town. Also, he had a bit of a strange role in that vote.
-He hasn't voted ADK before, but seems to be jumping on the wagon anyway to quicklynch a town player

That last one contradicts ADK being scum, but yeah, I think it's very possible for Ichi to be scum.

I'll let you make of them what you will, obviously I'm biased, but I think they're terrible.
Well, I unvoted, didn't I? Okay, later, but yeah.

#586 Ooh. My favorite. Accuses me of starting "drama". I won't address the rest of the first and second paragraphs. Backtracks his vote on me because obviously there was nothing against me to begin with. Puts a good vote on XP for being opportunistic (this is also OMGUS).
I don't accuse you of starting drama. What I meant was that it was a bit dramatic to say I 'disappeared' after I was gone for about an hour or so. No comments on the emotions, those things happen.
I like the fact this is the third time you liked something I've done but you still are sure I'm scum.
Also, is OMGUS not every vote that is based JUST on the fact someone voted for you? Otherwise, yeah, most votes from me will be OMGUS, I have the most votes, so that's just some plain statistics.

#588 A small addition to his vote on XP questioning why he voted him.

I'm too tired to provide a big final conclusion or interpretation right now. Short story: I think Hugo is newbie scum.
Well, I'll conclude this:
You've reread me with a Hugo-is-scum-feeling and have therefore (I assume by accident) misunderstood some things of what I've said/not read carefully. I think, the only argument that still stands is my bad reread in post #533. That's a decent argument. I think there are more compelling cases though, but if you disagree, please response to this, so I can see where the confusion lies.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 05, 2014, 05:53:59 pm »

Vote: WW

Everyone do it, quick!
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 05, 2014, 05:56:31 pm »

This is nice to hear. It makes me feel townier on you. Honestly, one of the major reasons why I felt so scummy about you was your overreaction earlier. This feels much more rational and less reactive.

and yeah OMGUS is voting someone just because they voted you.

PPE: Sorry, I'm gonna vote: XP instead

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 05, 2014, 06:02:35 pm »

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: December 05, 2014, 07:00:34 pm »

Vote Count 2.5

Hugovj (2): Witherweaver, Hydrad
xxpittip (1): Awaclus
XerxesPrealor (3): Hugovj, Eevee, Ichimaru Gin
Ichimaru Gin (1): Teproc
Eevee (2): XerxesPraelor, chairs
Witherweaver (1): A Drowned Kernel
Not Voting (1): xxpittip

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends Wednesday, December 10th at 10 PM.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 05, 2014, 07:37:22 pm »

What is the case on WW? Him avoiding suspicion?

There is a part of me concerned about his scumplay--since he can be pretty devious and has obviously had ample experience ;D. But I'm not really feeling scum!WW right now.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 05, 2014, 07:52:46 pm »

vote: WW
Do I get a cookie, or something? Does this give us some great insight into the unknown?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 05, 2014, 08:05:17 pm »

I'm also interested in ADK's sudden WW vote.

For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 05, 2014, 08:21:41 pm »

By "interested" you mean "interested in switching your vote," right?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 05, 2014, 08:35:47 pm »

By "interested" you mean "interested in switching your vote," right?

If you give a good reason maybe. I don't think I'm going to switch it with just a "Everyone do it quick" though.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 05, 2014, 08:37:20 pm »

This is bad and you should feel bad.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 05, 2014, 08:38:07 pm »

Interesting (a) : an all purpose word that is likely the most useful devised in the English language. It can be used as a means of conveying true interest in a subject and also sarcastically in order to impart the opposite. Additionally, its utility is nearly unbounded given the range of emotions and meaning that can be applied to it after-the-fact. However, there are also those that see a dark side to the power of this divine word. They focus on it's lack of direct meaning and some of its more nefarious applications that are a direct result of its surprising versatility. Although this expression has since been legally secured, there are still those that would use it as an expression of ultimate defiance.

PPEs:  ;)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 05, 2014, 08:38:30 pm »

Also. We are not lynching WW today.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 05, 2014, 08:43:09 pm »

Thanks partner.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 05, 2014, 08:46:15 pm »

Thanks partner.
No probs.

If we keep things this obvious, they'll never suspect that we're really the scumteam.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 05, 2014, 08:54:07 pm »

Oh god.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 05, 2014, 08:55:44 pm »

Man, we can't not lynch WW now.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 05, 2014, 08:59:09 pm »

Man, we can't not lynch WW now.

Thanks partner.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 05, 2014, 09:02:00 pm »

Seriously, being overly jokey about being scum, especially later in the game, is legitimately a scumtell. And I think this is the second time that WW and Ichi have joked about being partners. I really, really like a WW lynch now.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: December 05, 2014, 09:09:42 pm »

Seriously, being overly jokey about being scum, especially later in the game, is legitimately a scumtell. And I think this is the second time that WW and Ichi have joked about being partners. I really, really like a WW lynch now.

Okay, well, you're wrong.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 05, 2014, 09:13:03 pm »

Seriously?
No one answered my question earlier. But what was the original case on WW anyway? Just him not getting suspicion?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 05, 2014, 09:37:20 pm »

Seriously?
No one answered my question earlier. But what was the original case on WW anyway? Just him not getting suspicion?
Seriously.

And yes, looking at someone blending in and not attracting suspicion is an underrated way to find scum. It worked on me in Greater Idea.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 05, 2014, 09:43:53 pm »

Seriously?
Seriously.

And yes, looking at someone blending in and not attracting suspicion is an underrated way to find scum. It worked on me in Greater Idea.

Oh thats a interesting way of trying to find scum. But what made you think of WW? I feel like other people are coasting through a bit without suspicion. Eevee, chairs, Teproc all kinda come to my mind. Is there something different about WW's coasting or did you just randomly pick him.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 05, 2014, 09:50:54 pm »

Seriously?
Seriously.

I don't really think I've been blending in here.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 20 queries.