Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35  All

Author Topic: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended  (Read 91342 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Night 1
« Reply #625 on: January 12, 2015, 01:01:25 am »

Could be one of the kills was strongman and flavor is indicative.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 12, 2015, 01:05:24 am »

Ash's power looks very interesting.  I like the idea of using it tonight.  Why?  Because then we won't have to worry about the button being pushed anymore and we are now able to use our powers without fear of button misdirection. 

What happens to everyone who pushes the button/doesn't push the button is something that we can only speculate on, and I don't think that we should.  I know I don't want Ash to reveal that information because then scum has more information to make a decision about pushing the button. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 12, 2015, 01:12:31 am »

But three killing factions?  Assuming bad protection luck...

D1: 17 - 1 = 16
N1: 16 - 3 = 13
D2: 13 - 1 = 12
N2: 12 - 3 = 9
D3: 9 - 1 = 8
N3: 8 - 3 = 5

If someone hasn't won by then, that's still pretty rough.  It's hard to balance 3 kills.  That's why I wondered about lightning rods as a possible balancing power.

Sure, but, his role was revealed and it wasn't Lightning Rod.

I actually think Teproc was very pro-townie and very town seeming, so I don't think it so crazy that all three would target him. But possibly I'm wrong.

I agree with Robz about Teproc.  Role would have revealed Teproc to be a lightning rod, and it would be ridiculous to have a role that redirects all NKs or actions to a person of your choosing.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #628 on: January 12, 2015, 02:07:23 am »

I have no idea what's going on. Ashersky's power sounds interesting, but what's the connection between that and putting everyone to L-1, or that and no lynch D1? ???

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 12, 2015, 03:58:41 am »

What happens to the plan if scum decides to NK ash? Does it still work? If we all push the button nobody can protect ash...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: January 12, 2015, 05:03:10 am »

Vote: Beyond Awesome. This is mostly based on intuition, but a pretty strong one. His post just doesn't seem genuine.

I think it's highly unlikely that three people targeted teproc for a kill, for several reasons. One: what ash said, three kills are weird. And more importantly two: what IG said, it's just way way too unlikely. Extremely unlikely. Yeah he was super towny, but still.

I'd like to know more about the ash plan.

What happens to the plan if scum decides to NK ash? Does it still work? If we all push the button nobody can protect ash...
excellent question. Also,

Why didn't you want to do this day 1?

Wasn't it dangerous to soft claim day 1? What was the point if you didn't go through with it anyway? What if you had been NK'd?

Is the usage you gain proportional to the number of townies pushing the button, or is it an all or nothing thing?

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #631 on: January 12, 2015, 08:23:31 am »

I like ash's plan, but I also like BA's post.

Can Mafia shoot and push the button on the same night?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 12, 2015, 08:43:04 am »

Can Mafia shoot and push the button on the same night?

This applies to all alignments:

Every night, any player may send in a PM to the mod containing this:
4 8 15 16 23 42 Execute
If you do, you are not allowed to perform any other night action.

You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 12, 2015, 08:47:33 am »

And now, for the plan.

I am Desmond Hume.

As Robz can confirm (because flavor), I have a power related to the button.  It's basically huge.  Game changing.

Every single player needs to press the button tonight.

Thing is, scum does have incentive, once I tell everyone what happens.  And that's why I think actually town will be against the plan more than scum.  But I'm going to argue it is absolutely worth it.

I just like building suspense with the staggered reveal.
I've thought about this since getting my PM, actually, as I wasn't sure how to make this work.  I don't know if I'm going against faust's design (he might have meant this for a late game day), but I'm looking to get the most out of this power that he's given me.

I will say, there is significant risk to this whole thing.
I need to know one thing. Does every player have to push the button? If even a single player does not push the button does that mean the plan won't work?

Depends on who doesn't push the button.  My plan involves everyone pushing the button.  There are other ways to use my power, but they would be impossible to pull off.  Having everyone, including all scum, do something, seems impossible enough.
Anyway, here's the rest of it:

I have the key to the fail-safe.  Tonight, I can trigger it, causing some purple-sky-style things to happen.

Triggering the fail-safe causes a discharge.  There are side effects, depending on who pressed the button.

Also, if I trigger the fail-safe, the button is no longer in play.

A plan that involves all of town to forgo their night actions, that carries a significant risk,  that town will be more against than scum and that might just fail... I don't like it.
It would be sweet if the button was was removed from the game, though.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 12, 2015, 09:37:02 am »

Does anyone want to claim what the ashes are?

vote: ADK to see IG the vote goes through.
You mean these ashes?
Ashes have been spread! On one side of the ashes, there are A Drowned Kernel, 2.71828..., Robz888, chairs, silverspawn, Beyond Awesome, Teproc, while the rest remain on the opposite side.

It sounds to me like the ashes are tied to some (secret?) game mechanic. Maybe there is a role that can only target half the population.

The people listed are those who was not on the lynch wagon. Whether the list is made the same way all days, or if it even will be made at all later days is an open question. Maybe it is just a fancy way to state the final lynch wagon.
We will know more after D2.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 12, 2015, 09:42:09 am »

Ash, does your ability effect any other game mechanics besides the button?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 12, 2015, 09:45:59 am »

I made my way through the jungle when I heard a scream out of reinoe's direction. At first I thought, that's just him complaining. But when I got back to camp and told the others, they agreed that we should take a look, see if everything's all right. Of course it wasn't: When we got to reinoe and his tree, we found him strangled. Witherweaver was sitting next to him. "Hate me if you like, but I thought it best to get rid of him", was all he could say in his defense.[/i]

Also, this is now my most favorite bit of flavor.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 12, 2015, 09:50:57 am »

This plan reminds of Eevee's power in that Pokemon game, where he got info about people based on how they vote. That worked out really well, especially because he got scum to follow his orders before explaining exactly how it worked. So, I'm in favor of this.

ash, does your plan involve no-lynching again?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 12, 2015, 10:52:42 am »

I'm ok with the plan. purple sky stuff sounds neat, although I don't know any of this flavor.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 12, 2015, 12:45:42 pm »

I'm fine with ash's plan. It'd suck if he died tonight, but maybe he won't. I'm just wondering if any protective PR's shouldn't push the button maybe? Because otherwise, it seems like scum is just going to kill ash.

Also, was there any discussion surrounding the whole "ashes have been spread" thing that happened last night? Is this related to the flavor? And does anyone have any idea what it might mean in terms of a game mechanic?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Signups open!
« Reply #640 on: January 12, 2015, 01:36:01 pm »

1. Copy
2. Hide
3. Bus
4. Block
5. Redirect
6. Pushing the button
7. Button effects
8. Protect
9. Miscellaneous
10. Kill
11. Recruit
12. Inspect

Ash's action will still go through even if he dies.  We just won't know all the details that he would have otherwise been able to tell us.  So that is the risk that we take.  I think Ash should perform his action no matter what, and in the end it will be up to each individual as to whether or not they follow along with the plan.  Ash's plans, scum or town, are all well thought out and serve the best interest of town.  Take Village Mafia, when Ash was scum (with me).  He came out with a plan, based on set up information and all that was in the best interest for town.  If he comes out with a plan, I thoroughly believe it will be good for town.  Possibly a risky scum gambit (village mafia) or a pro-town I-want-to-win-this-game town plan.

So basically I think we go through with it and hope for the best.  And if the plan and his power end up being totally useless (which I doubt) we can lynch him as scum wasting our time.  If they really do work and are beneficial for town, then hopefully even if he is scum the gambit backfires and it sets town up in a better position than he had thought and we can catch him later.

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 12, 2015, 03:19:16 pm »

I'm fine with ash's plan. It'd suck if he died tonight, but maybe he won't. I'm just wondering if any protective PR's shouldn't push the button maybe? Because otherwise, it seems like scum is just going to kill ash.

Also, was there any discussion surrounding the whole "ashes have been spread" thing that happened last night? Is this related to the flavor? And does anyone have any idea what it might mean in terms of a game mechanic?
If we follow the plan we should definitely let the protective PRs keep ash alive, otherwise he will most likely die -> whatever his power is will propably be useless -> we give scum a free kill, while our PRs can't use their powers because they all push the button

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 12, 2015, 03:44:57 pm »

If all town players push the button and no scum players push the button, that would be the best thing ever.

Obviously I don't know the details of Ash's role, but I think that this kind of implies that the results will still be positive even if Ash were to die overnight.  A weaker version of this case would be if one scum were to not push the button (in order to perform the kill), it would be great. 

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 12, 2015, 04:00:29 pm »

1. Copy
2. Hide
3. Bus
4. Block
5. Redirect
6. Pushing the button
7. Button effects
8. Protect
9. Miscellaneous
10. Kill
11. Recruit
12. Inspect

Ash's action will still go through even if he dies.  We just won't know all the details that he would have otherwise been able to tell us.  So that is the risk that we take.  I think Ash should perform his action no matter what, and in the end it will be up to each individual as to whether or not they follow along with the plan.  Ash's plans, scum or town, are all well thought out and serve the best interest of town.  Take Village Mafia, when Ash was scum (with me).  He came out with a plan, based on set up information and all that was in the best interest for town.  If he comes out with a plan, I thoroughly believe it will be good for town.  Possibly a risky scum gambit (village mafia) or a pro-town I-want-to-win-this-game town plan.

So basically I think we go through with it and hope for the best.  And if the plan and his power end up being totally useless (which I doubt) we can lynch him as scum wasting our time.  If they really do work and are beneficial for town, then hopefully even if he is scum the gambit backfires and it sets town up in a better position than he had thought and we can catch him later.

Absolutely not!

vote: e

If I'm thinking correctly about what the plan is (ash, correct me if I'm wrong), we need absolutely everyone to go along with the plan or it won't work at all. That includes PRs and even protective roles.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 12, 2015, 04:01:18 pm »

By the way, that vote is completely serious and not kind of random like my reinoe one was.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 12, 2015, 04:23:22 pm »

I have thought of another issue with the plan. Ash can your power be role blocked

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 12, 2015, 04:35:11 pm »

I have thought of another issue with the plan. Ash can your power be role blocked

Dunno.  Maybe?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 12, 2015, 04:36:04 pm »

I have no idea what's going on. Ashersky's power sounds interesting, but what's the connection between that and putting everyone to L-1, or that and no lynch D1? ???

No connection whatsoever.  That was all misdirection -- I was trying to make it seem like I had a twilight power, or a power related to twilight.

Also, it created discussion.  It wasn't as successful as I'd hoped.  Day 1 worked out fine anyway.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 12, 2015, 04:40:02 pm »

Further, I appreciate all the support.  But you need to hear the rest of it (especially the side effects).

So, when I trigger the failsafe, there are a few things that can happen, depending on who pushed the button that night.

(I'm paraphrasing here, per rules)

If all the players of a faction press the button, all the players of that faction will have their roles upgraded.

There's more -- but, well, I think it's better to discuss this piecemeal.  I have my own thoughts, by the way.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 12, 2015, 04:41:53 pm »

Now, before you ask me what that means -- I don't really know...specifically.  The most I could get as an explanation was that roles will become stronger in a logical way.  Like, I don't know if we have VTs (I doubt it), but if we do, I don't know how that gets better (named?  BP?).

I also don't know the degree to which powers get stronger.  I'm assuming that, due to the difficulty in pulling this off and the extreme 1-shot nature of it, it's gotta be worth it.  Otherwise I never do anything.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35  All

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 16 queries.