Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]  All

Author Topic: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended  (Read 90527 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended
« Reply #850 on: January 19, 2015, 06:57:41 pm »

Fun fact, Reinoe did not actually /pledge:

I accept the pledge.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 19, 2015, 06:58:56 pm »

Fun fact, Reinoe did not actually /pledge:

I accept the pledge.
Damn. You're right. With what ended up happening, I can't help but see that as intentional.

Google

• View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 27, 2015, 05:56:38 pm »

Hello.  I am reinoe.  I would like to apologize for my conduct during the “Lost Mafia Game”.

I’m posting from a public library now while I was in the process of checking out Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.  As you are aware I engaged in less than proper behavior for a game of mafia.  I didn’t do this for giggles and I didn’t do it for no reason.   Here’s what happened…

Half-way through the second day of the game I was informed that I had lost my voting privileges.  I was notified via the Neighborhood Quicktopic.  I immediately asked the mod to delete the message and either send it to me via PM or to make a public announcement in the game thread.  The reason for this is because the mod was giving public information to an individuals in private.
Either everyone should know that I had lost my voting privilege or nobody but myself should know.  I asked several times for the mod to fix this.  However my requests were ignored until I began cc’ing the co-mod about making the correction.
When the mod did finally respond he kept mentioning that I was “attempting to ruin the game for everyone” and would not acknowledge the issue I was clearly pointing out him.  Now from my perspective this was patently false.  Even though my play was incredibly abrasive and far beyond the norms of Dominion strategy , this is actually not exceptionally different from how I often play on mafiascum.  I am by no means saying it was appropriate.  But I was not attempting to ruin everything for everyone. 
I insisted that I wanted the mod to fix the issue but the mod kept talking saying I was trying to “ruin the game for everyone”.  Finally I told the mod that he should stop lying and if he didn’t fix the issue I would show him what “attempting to ruin the game looks like”.  The mod said the error didn’t matter, that I shouldn’t be trying to ruin the game for everyone, and  that he would talk to me after the game.  Since the mod had been ignoring me whenever I didn’t cc the co-mod I felt that he was just messing with me.

Since the mod is also an administrator I felt like I had no good options.  So I made a copy/paste of the entire SCUM QT and sent it to everyone.  A mod error on mafiascum is treated very differently than it is on dominionstrategy.
I’m not saying what I did was right.  I’m not asking for your forgiveness.  I just want everyone to know that the circumstances that led up to what happened were incredibly unusual and isn’t normal for me or for members of the mafiascum community.

Also I would like to issue a special apology to silverspawn.  It’s true that I came to dominion strategy because of your invite.  And I’m particularly saddened that you feel guilty about what happened because of my actions.
This user is banned!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 27, 2015, 06:21:13 pm »

Faust announced in the entire thread, publically, that your voting privileges were removed for that day.

Google

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 27, 2015, 06:25:33 pm »

Faust announced in the entire thread, publically, that your voting privileges were removed for that day.
I did not see it.  Now I feel like even more of an ass.
This user is banned!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #855 on: January 27, 2015, 06:28:54 pm »

Vote Count 1.5

silverspawn (1): Hydrad
2.71828... (1): Witherweaver
XerxesPraelor (6): XerxesPraelor, Beyond Awesome, xeiron, A Drowned Kernel, Awaclus, Ichimaru Gin
Witherweaver (1): chairs
xeiron (3): 2.71828..., Twistedarcher, silverspawn
chairs (1): Teproc

Not Voting (2): ashersky, xxpittip

With 16 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends January 12 at 11 am forum time.

reinoe has been rendered voteless for today only as a result of violating the Civility Pledge. Consequently, the number of votes needed to lynch has been lowered to 8.

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 27, 2015, 06:34:42 pm »

I'm not very appreciative of this so-called, highly qualified "apology," which is wrong on point of fact. PPE: I see this has been pointed out.

In addition, he agreed to the Civility Pledge, and to the rules of the game, which obviously prohibit the actions he took, even in the event that the game mod was actually in the wrong. We grant wide latitude to our mods, especially in RMM games. This is evident in the rules.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 27, 2015, 08:05:57 pm »

The vote count announcement was three minutes after the qt post.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 27, 2015, 09:04:51 pm »

I forgive you.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 27, 2015, 09:07:50 pm »

+1 for having a generous heart, XP.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]  All

Page created in 1.595 seconds with 19 queries.