Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 80  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXV: Mean Girls (Fourth Quarter)  (Read 201435 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXV: Mean Girls (Second Quarter Already?)
« Reply #975 on: May 27, 2013, 09:25:02 pm »

but actually, the people on-wagon look scummier to me...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXV: Mean Girls (First Day of School! First Day of School!)
« Reply #976 on: May 27, 2013, 09:32:03 pm »

Vote Count 1.Final

liopoil (1): mcmcsalot
mail-mi (2): Eevee, AHoppy
LYNCHED--sudgy (7): liopoil, yuma, mail-mi, xeiron, Robz888, ashersky, nkirbit
ashersky (1): sudgy

Not voting: spiritbears

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch

So, wagon analysis.

Town lynch, plus NK was on-wagon.  So there are 5 on wagon and 4 off wagon, total, to look at.

ON: liopoil, yuma, mail-mi, xerion, ashersky
OFF: mcmcsalot, Eevee, AHoppy, spiritbears

Best guess?  We're better off finding scum off-wagon.  One, maybe two scum there.  mcmcsalot is there again.  He and Eevee were most named as choices for scum partners, right?

Another reason to look off-wagon is the NK being on-wagon.  Why would scum help us reduce the number there, unless they were worried we were going to look at the much smaller off wagon list?

So, I think folks should focus re-reads off-wagon first.
I think mcmc would be a good lynch because
  • Post count (I also fall under this category)
  • Off-wagon
  • And he's a freaking awesome scum player and I would not hesitate to choose him.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: May 27, 2013, 09:35:34 pm »

mcmcsalot is ALWAYS scum. Except the couple times when he wasn't, but that wasn't too many times at all!

but I don't know, I'm having trouble reading him because all he's done is tunnel me.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 27, 2013, 09:58:02 pm »

ahoppy is my good guess.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: May 27, 2013, 10:00:10 pm »

ahoppy is my good guess.

Off-lynch, low post count are both there in his favor...any scummy behavior you'd like to note to back this up?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 27, 2013, 10:51:15 pm »

ahoppy is my good guess.

Off-lynch, low post count are both there in his favor...any scummy behavior you'd like to note to back this up?

And in mcmc.

I think mcmc would be a good lynch because
  • Post count (I also fall under this category)
  • Off-wagon
  • And he's a freaking awesome scum player and I would not hesitate to choose him.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 27, 2013, 10:57:58 pm »

Ashersky's analysis seems towny this far. I hate cases like this, but I'm getting a weird vibe from liopoil's tone. I'm on mobile and cant quote the relevant posts today, but his posts look like they could have been pre-planned (in a scum qt).

Mods, were nkirbit and sudgy VT's, or do we not know?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 27, 2013, 10:59:49 pm »

PPE: post count. I did one of those too and got slightly different numbers... but nkirbit being largely unsuspected and a big contributer is a good reason for him to be NKed.

huh. that is weird. I do the print screen and the search post by: __player name___.

But they were accurate enough I hope?

I dont' think I ever mentioned this, but part of the reason I am doing this in every game I am in, is that as part of the stats I am hoping to compile post counts on various days and see how scum/town compare over the course of different days.... I think it might be interesting. But I keep forgetting or mess up somewhere in the games... so if you guys can help me remember to do them at the start of every day I would appreciate it. Plus I think it is just generally good info to have at day starts for town.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 27, 2013, 11:07:19 pm »

Without checking who was where on the wagon, I don't think scum necessarily needed to go 2 on 1 off. Unless I'm mistaken, after Robz's claim sudgy was pretty much the only one under threat and we now know he was town, so scum didn't need to rush into voting to protect anyone. I feel the Robz-wagon might be more interesting to look back to. I sort of don't feel good about the veterans who suspected him still (yuma, ashersky, (mcmc?)); I really don't want to forget that I felt "man.. they should get this". I think this applies especially to yuma as he prides  himself with his ability to realize when people are town (probably due to the fact he got mislynched so often at one point).

Now that piratemafia is over and we know mail-mi was scum there, isn't he playing sort of similar there? I remember thinking "man, is it just his general playstyle?" when he was my top suspect in both games at once, but now that I know he was scum there, I sort of feel better about this suspicion.

Should really do a big reread of this game, it's the only one I'm in and the catastrophe of the last game has me super motivated to redeem myself / town's of f.Ds in general. *checks how many pages this thread has* ... aww 40 is a lot, but I really think it would help a TON as we have essentially three flips already.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: May 27, 2013, 11:08:44 pm »

Vote Count 1.Final

So, wagon analysis.

Town lynch, plus NK was on-wagon.  So there are 5 on wagon and 4 off wagon, total, to look at.

Best guess?  We're better off finding scum off-wagon.  One, maybe two scum there.  mcmcsalot is there again.  He and Eevee were most named as choices for scum partners, right?

Another reason to look off-wagon is the NK being on-wagon.  Why would scum help us reduce the number there, unless they were worried we were going to look at the much smaller off wagon list?

my gut instinct is to look on-wagon... because for me it isn't 5 v 4 it is 4 v 4--as I know that I am town and can eliminate myself.

And after Bankers Insomniac--and my own independent research--convinced me that scum teams tend to NK on the same side of the wagon as the majority of their players, partially for WIFOM implications.

But ultimately what Bankers taught me was that it is stupid to hold to this sort of thinking and limit yourself to only looking at one side of the wagon over the other.

and I am thrilled that Robz is IC. To be honest it takes a lot of pressure off me--maybe pressure I shouldnt' be putting on myself--because I feel that as of late in certain games I have tried to take an active leadership role and just led town horribly. Just completely horribly. So I am relinquishing what ever responsibilities I assigned to myself of soft deadlines and what ever else over to robz... hopefully people will listen better to a confirmed IC than they have to me in past games.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 27, 2013, 11:11:48 pm »

I think this applies especially to yuma as he prides  himself with his ability to realize when people are town (probably due to the fact he got mislynched so often at one point).

Not sure who you are thinking of here. It isn't me. I have only been mislynched once ever... in Robz's masquerade game.

Should really do a big reread of this game, it's the only one I'm in and the catastrophe of the last game has me super motivated to redeem myself / town's of f.Ds in general. *checks how many pages this thread has* ... aww 40 is a lot, but I really think it would help a TON as we have essentially three flips already.

and I highly recommend this. I for one am pretty much lost at this point. 3 days of night for some reason just kills my memory compared to 2. So i'll be rereading to try and remember what went down yesterday, because from memory alone I have no idea.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 27, 2013, 11:16:11 pm »

ugh robz claimed something... i will reread tomorow
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #987 on: May 27, 2013, 11:18:33 pm »

I'be generally preferred toblook off wagon when we HAVE a goodbkynch and on wagon when we miss.
But mire specifically, look at who has been helpful and who haasnt pulled weight is where I'm looking. Mc has not played a good game whether he's town or not. Even if Lio flips scum whst had he added to out efforts?  Mai as well, sure he has been a heavy target, but such a minimal defense for the number one lynch target most of the game
And while I'm at it. Robzzz hasn't lead us at all as IC and I wouldn't expect that to change.  We HAVE to find scum on our own. If we wait for his leadership it will be too late.
So vote mc
Remember, he KNEW robz was town. Insisted he knew. He knew because he wasn't me thinks.
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 27, 2013, 11:23:22 pm »

should say ashersky, not yuma. sorry.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: May 27, 2013, 11:40:58 pm »

I do think a vote: mom salon is in order.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: May 27, 2013, 11:45:43 pm »

For reference, here is the last time mcmc posted on D1, way back on page 33.  That's post #814, when D1 ended on #962.

Really guys, robz is town, eevee is right 100% about him. I have heard him talk about ds9 and samurai's in which he was NOT happy with his partners D1 play, also I don't even think he's being crazy scummy, crazy but not scummy. Lastly so he's not helpful at scum hunting D1, very few are, most of the newbie blame it on not being used to bigger games early on, I use the I'm terrible as town excuse, many of us are terrible unhelpful scum hunters d1. Some games were great. Robz just doesn't care to make an excuse because excuses get you lynched(bad for town) being outlandish and creating reaction(good for town) so ugh, don't lynch him.

Next OMG liopoil is scum...

Eevee, if you don't like the robz lynch, join the sudgy one! I think it has a better chance of going through than the mail-mi one. Also, I will hammer robz if it gets to the point where if I don't you will lynch mail-mi instead.

gah, sudgy lynch isn't gonna happen. I'd really rather not lynch robz or mail-mi, so I'm not sure what to do...

So he says I'm his top scum read, say he put robz too high, then votes for robz, says I'm not his top scum read, then votes for sudgy says he will only vote for robz if mail-is the other lynch, now doesn't want to lynch either. All of this as we get closer to deadline. You know what scum likes to do D1 make sure there no good information, you know what he's doing dragging the day on pushing different wagons when one gets close(robz wagon got close he swapped, mail-mi is close he will vote robz to stop it, they are both close he will vote neither) watch him make a case on me as soon as sudgy gets close.

Mcm--
No one is buying your Lio case. Will you help us and get on either wagon or not?

No I won't, I think robz is town, mail-mi probably because liopoil is smart if liopoil flips scum(I think he will) he wants it to look like he for some reason wouldn't lynch mail-mi if it really came down to it(Tying to a townie)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 27, 2013, 11:46:36 pm »

That's the post sb is referencing in regards to mcmc knowing Robz is town.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 27, 2013, 11:47:33 pm »

Now that piratemafia is over and we know mail-mi was scum there, isn't he playing sort of similar there? I remember thinking "man, is it just his general playstyle?" when he was my top suspect in both games at once, but now that I know he was scum there, I sort of feel better about this suspicion.

I wasn't in that game, just followed.  Can you sum up how mail-mi was in that game?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 27, 2013, 11:50:42 pm »

Vote Count 1.Final

So, wagon analysis.

my gut instinct is to look on-wagon... because for me it isn't 5 v 4 it is 4 v 4--as I know that I am town and can eliminate myself.

And after Bankers Insomniac--and my own independent research--convinced me that scum teams tend to NK on the same side of the wagon as the majority of their players, partially for WIFOM implications.

But ultimately what Bankers taught me was that it is stupid to hold to this sort of thinking and limit yourself to only looking at one side of the wagon over the other.

Fair enough.  For me, finding scum in {liopoil, yuma, mail-mi, xeiron} or in {mcmcsalot, Eevee, AHoppy, spiritbears}...I have stronger scum reads in that second group.

But man, 3 scum in those 8?  That really seems like a lot of scum.  Are we sure a game this small wouldn't dictate just 2 scum?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 28, 2013, 12:00:20 am »

My faith in my own ability to scum hunt is really, really shaken after Mafia XXIII. :(
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 28, 2013, 12:01:06 am »

My faith in my own ability to scum hunt is really, really shaken after Mafia XXIII. :(

How do you read mcmc this game?

And sb?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 28, 2013, 12:49:47 am »

And sb?

Sb def town. Mcmc not so sure.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 28, 2013, 03:55:25 am »

And sb?

Sb def town. Mcmc not so sure.

Agree on sb.  Nothing in his ways has changed from any previous game and (no offense sb) I think we will notice a difference when he's scum.

Scum read on mcmc, interested to see more activity from him.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 28, 2013, 06:56:20 am »

Vote Count 1.Final

So, wagon analysis.

Fair enough.  For me, finding scum in {liopoil, yuma, mail-mi, xeiron} or in {mcmcsalot, Eevee, AHoppy, spiritbears}...I have stronger scum reads in that second group.

But man, 3 scum in those 8?  That really seems like a lot of scum.  Are we sure a game this small wouldn't dictate just 2 scum?

Those 8 + you + robz + mislynch + NK.
I am pretty sure we are talking 3 scum here.

And I have stronger scumreads in the first group.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 28, 2013, 07:26:47 am »

I wish there were only 2 scum (it's more balanced I think, plus I'm town so yay, fewer scum!), but I really think there are three based off mean girls flavor, raerae previously saying she really wanted a 3 player scumteam, and in the OP is saying mafia pick their partnerS.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 80  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.