Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 97  All

Author Topic: Role Madness Mafia I GAME OVER, everyone wins sort of!  (Read 233282 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness Mafia I (Day 3 Started, PM for Spectator's QT)
« Reply #850 on: July 29, 2012, 03:15:57 am »

I think a lot of the problem here is people aren't sure whether to treat this game as a silly game or a serious game.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 29, 2012, 03:41:10 am »

I think a lot of the problem here is people aren't sure whether to treat this game as a silly game or a serious game.

I'm taking it serious, first game of the ones I can speak of where I get a power role AND get to use it. Anyways People should really stop claiming it's only helping curse. I'm not sure what to make of Eevees bending of the truth but I WANT to believe eHal wouldn't make a redirect scum, that seems far to strong although he did say at the beginning that this game was probably in favour of the town so maybe he buffed the scum roles to ridiculous levels?

I don't know I wan't to believe him I'm just not sure I can.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 29, 2012, 05:36:24 am »

cayvie, yuma, Axxle, Lekkit, timchen, now Eevee... blargh, there has been so much roleclaiming going on.

timchen and Eevee are the confirmed liars.  My vote is still on timchen, and I am comfortable with keeping it there as I don't find his explanations believable (especially his "oh my role happens after everyone else's" claim at #773 - a twist on action-triggering that is both allegedly unique to his role plus oh-so-convenient for his newest claims).  The latest with Eevee is certainly interesting, but let's not let it make us lose sight of the timchen lynch.

I am aware that I seem to have been the focus of many people's actions Night 2.  I really don't know how to parse all of that without delving into roleclaims from those who allegedly targeted me - and I don't see forcing roleclaims from those folks as clearly productive/pro-town, especially when we've already got the above liars on our hands (and at least one of those liars is going to survive into the night). 

What I'm more interested to hear is who targeted me Night 1, when I lost multiple VPs - instead of who targeted me Night 2, when I only lost 0.5 VPs.  I don't suppose anyone can shed any light on that, can they?

If you hadn't noticed, I have targeted u n1 to give u -2 vp. The rest of those should come from a Nk I believe.

Guys, you should give eevee a chance. but I guess the big problem is that his ability is almost useless when it is revealed. So his claim that it's close to VT isn't that bad. Why did he want to claim is beyond me though.

I dunno, I had a pretty useless role too. 1/5 a vig isn't that helpful when a lynch kills the target instantly and if there are no other curse giving town roles. Oh, but maybe there is a town king's court....

Anyway, I buy eevee's argument that he need not do this at all if he is scum. I wanted to say that if must kill me first but now I realized I now probably have a slighly more powerful role...

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 29, 2012, 06:59:29 am »

cayvie, yuma, Axxle, Lekkit, timchen, now Eevee... blargh, there has been so much roleclaiming going on.

Did I claim in my sleep?

I don't really get why Eevee claimed at all. First he didn't want to reveal his role to make it powerful, now he's revealed it and while it's a powerful role, him claiming makes it basically worthless. I certainly don't see the point in doing that at all. Nevertheless it could easily be a gambit, and since he probably won't be targeted by many more night actions he's secured his spot in town unless he gets lynched. If it works it would be the perfect scum-crime. Wanting a town faction cop to target you sounds really good for the scums. They wouldn't be investigated and get to know who the investigator is. I'm not buying your act all... So little in fact that I'm thinking about changing my vote.

@eHal: Is it a mistake that two people are voting for Eevee, and yet he has only one vote?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 29, 2012, 09:38:30 am »

Captain_Frisk, Dsell, Insomniac and Lekkit targeted Voltgloss.  Not all of them lost VP.  I'm still concerned about yuma.

I can confirm this, and I did lose vp.  It pains me to do this, but unvote for now.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: July 29, 2012, 10:12:31 am »

Yeah it's a mistake. Fixing now.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 29, 2012, 10:35:08 am »

I'm taking it seriously.  I only revealed when I thought it was pertinent to the town.  I was wrong. 
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: July 29, 2012, 10:42:05 am »

I'm taking it seriously.  I only revealed when I thought it was pertinent to the town.  I was wrong.

Likewise. Except I don't think I am wrong in doing so. My role is not a strong one. A weak investigative role with a mild punishment for targeting or voting isn't strong at all! In fact, I wish I had revealed earlier, I could have saved the town from about -5 VP during the early day voting on Axxle. It was hard to stay quiet while so many of you received wounds that I could have prevented, but alas.

As it is now, like I said, my role isn't super powerful. If mafia feel they want to kill me it isn't that big of a detriment to the town's success. If I stay alive, I think my embargoing ability is best used with overall input from the community as a whole. On that note no one has given any suggestions on how I should use the embargo tonight. I would love to hear them.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 29, 2012, 02:16:15 pm »

Likewise. Except I don't think I am wrong in doing so. My role is not a strong one. A weak investigative role with a mild punishment for targeting or voting isn't strong at all! In fact, I wish I had revealed earlier, I could have saved the town from about -5 VP during the early day voting on Axxle. It was hard to stay quiet while so many of you received wounds that I could have prevented, but alas.

As it is now, like I said, my role isn't super powerful. If mafia feel they want to kill me it isn't that big of a detriment to the town's success. If I stay alive, I think my embargoing ability is best used with overall input from the community as a whole. On that note no one has given any suggestions on how I should use the embargo tonight. I would love to hear them.

I mean, the obvious thing is to target whoever is most cleared... no idea who that is at the moment.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 29, 2012, 03:29:51 pm »

Well this has been an interesting development.

Vote: Lekkit
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 29, 2012, 03:46:40 pm »

Jo, may I ask why?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 29, 2012, 03:47:23 pm »

I think you know why, scummy.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 29, 2012, 03:52:45 pm »

I most certainly don't.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 29, 2012, 03:56:46 pm »

Eevee's play makes no sense to me as town, but even less as scum. So I thought what (weirdly) no one else seems to be thinking. If Eevee is right, which of his four suspects is the scummiest?

And of the four he named, Lekkit is the one who has, after saying very little all game, suddenly come out with a vengeance to discredit Eevee and rationalize how scummy Eevee seems.

Since Lekkit is new, I don't have meta to work with. But to me it reads as someone nervous at being fingered by a pseudo-investigative role, and a little too jumpy and proactive about shutting down that line of investigation. Scummiest thing I've seen yet, really.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 29, 2012, 04:00:51 pm »

Okay, everybody, I have an announcement: I need your help.

I can't tell you why, and I have to be deliberately vague about this to avoid modkill, but... I want to get killed. Seriously, I do. Please, will you all kill me? I can't tell you why.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 29, 2012, 04:04:16 pm »

Can you promise that you're not a jester (mafia role, not card) and that your death won't be anti-town?

Also thanks for stealing the thunder of my Lekkit case with another weird-ass pseudoclaim.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 29, 2012, 04:05:22 pm »

Can you promise that you're not a jester (mafia role, not card) and that your death won't be anti-town?

Also thanks for stealing the thunder of my Lekkit case with another weird-ass pseudoclaim.

I promise both. I swear.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 29, 2012, 04:08:11 pm »

@jo: I see your point. However. Were I in Eevee's shoes, I wouldn't have claimed unless I was scum. There is absolutely no benefit for a townie to claim that role. There is however some reson for scum to do that. Now, this was totally out of the blue and I don't see why anyone would do that. At all. However since there's no reason to do it as town, and little reason to do it as scum, I'm thinking either a (probably) bad scum or a bad townie.

@Robz888: I don't even...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 29, 2012, 04:12:39 pm »

Lekkit has targeted Volt both night 1 and night 2 now, correct?

I think we should honor Robz's request, I dont see him asking us if it wasnt for a reason. To get the ball rolling: Vote: Robz. However, obviously no hammering until we are done talking unless Robz specifically asks for it.

Note: This really isnt just because I'm one of the alternative lynch targets. It does not look like a gambit one bit.

Also guys, how do you propose I use my ability at night should I somehow get targeted after all this?

(Oh and good post jot, thank you.)

@Lekkit
I admitted to being a terribad townie who doesnt deserve to live several time already. Trying to fix the damage now :/

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 29, 2012, 04:14:24 pm »

Sure, I can get behind that. Vote: Robz
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: July 29, 2012, 04:17:25 pm »

Vote: Robz

This better be good Robz.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: July 29, 2012, 04:19:13 pm »

If it works I will have quite a story to tell.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: July 29, 2012, 04:20:33 pm »

If it doesn't you'll be dead?

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: July 29, 2012, 04:21:31 pm »

Yeah.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: July 29, 2012, 04:22:02 pm »

Nah, he'll be fine.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 97  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.