Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 97  All

Author Topic: Role Madness Mafia I GAME OVER, everyone wins sort of!  (Read 233669 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness Mafia I (Day 3 Started, PM for Spectator's QT)
« Reply #900 on: July 29, 2012, 06:12:35 pm »

Why did we stop voting timchen again?
First came the Eevee wagon, then Robz dropped da bomb.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 29, 2012, 06:13:45 pm »

@Eevee: Yeah. A lot of stuff happening.

@cayvie: Because of the whole Robz thing. Right now, there are so many people acting werid, so I'm really confused. :S

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 29, 2012, 06:15:57 pm »

Why did we stop voting timchen again?

The timchen lynch is too easy. It smells fishy. I like Lekkit better. He's playing like I actually expect mafia to play (mostly like town) rather than like really unabashedly obvious mafia.

Still I'll join the timchen wagon if worse comes to worse.

I voted Robz because I couldn't think of a scenario where the mafia would make that request. BUT requesting we kill someone else is totally different. No good reason to honor that request.

Robz, you'll forgive us if we're skeptical of "it'll help town I promise"? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 29, 2012, 06:16:54 pm »

I still think Robz is being genuine. However, I dont like how uncertain he sounded in the last post and definitely dont think I should vote for Galz until he gets a chance to respond.

Interestin developments!

I cannot fully respond without roleclaiming, which I cannot do.

I will say that I have targeted Robz, and Axxle. Part of my ability is investigative. I don't learn fully what their card does, but I do learn what it is.

I do not in any way cause my target to lose VP. As to why Robz wants to be lynched - well, I can guess, but I cannot say.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 29, 2012, 06:17:42 pm »

vote: Robz

Because he said to and then said not to....

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 29, 2012, 06:19:00 pm »

I still think Robz is being genuine. However, I dont like how uncertain he sounded in the last post and definitely dont think I should vote for Galz until he gets a chance to respond.

Interestin developments!

I will say that I have targeted Robz, and Axxle. Part of my ability is investigative. I don't learn fully what their card does, but I do learn what it is.

I do not in any way cause my target to lose VP. As to why Robz wants to be lynched - well, I can guess, but I cannot say.
Do you think its a good idea to vote for you?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 29, 2012, 06:20:42 pm »

cayvie, the reason we stopped voting for timchen was because certain people have been doing everything in their power to distract us away from voting timchen.  At least, that's how I'm reading the ever-evolving, and ever-more-maddening, situation.

Galzria, did I misread the last set of posts, or did you just claim Robz is a deck-aligned Festival?  Why for any earthly reason should we lynch someone who is deck-aligned?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 29, 2012, 06:21:51 pm »

Interestin developments!

Do you think its a good idea to vote for you?

No, I don't. I think he's making assumptions based on an outcome that are wrong.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 29, 2012, 06:22:15 pm »

cayvie, the reason we stopped voting for timchen was because certain people have been doing everything in their power to distract us away from voting timchen.  At least, that's how I'm reading the ever-evolving, and ever-more-maddening, situation.

That's kind of where I'm at.

unvote, vote timchen
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 29, 2012, 06:33:57 pm »

Volt, you read that correct.

Like I said though, I think Robz has a reason for wanting to be lynched, so I'm willing to support him. I get the card names of who I target, but not exactly what they do as a part of my role.

To say anything more would be revealing of my role, which I would rather not do.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 29, 2012, 07:06:39 pm »

Eevee did you ever say why you redirected someone's Mountebank power at Volt specifically?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 29, 2012, 07:19:34 pm »

Eevee did you ever say why you redirected someone's Mountebank power at Volt specifically?
I had very little to no reads on anyone. Volt had rubbed me the wrong way. First I tried targeting the same guy that attacked me, was told thats not possible ("you need to provide a name"), so just picked Volt. I'm ashamed to admit I didnt even think about the VP people had or didnt have, just sort of thought "whatever, I have so little reads I just pick someone that could be scum".

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 29, 2012, 09:01:14 pm »

Vote Count 3-5

Eevee (1): Dsell
Galzria (1): Robz888
Lekkit (1): jotheonah
Robz (4): Galzria, shark_bait, Captain_Frisk, yuma
timchen (2): Voltgloss, cayvie
yuma (1): Axxle

Not voting (5): Eevee, Insomniac, Lekkit, Tables, timchen

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Lynch deadline: Thursday, August 9, 5:30pm MDT
(But this is liable to change.  I won't end it early without some warning.)

Point Counter Extension 3.5

3 - Axxle
1 - Captain_Frisk
1 - cayvie
1 - Dsell
0 - Eevee
-3 - Galzria
-1.5 - Insomniac
-1 - jotheonah
-1 - Lekkit
-2 - Robz888
-1 - shark_bait
2 - Tables
-2 - timchen
-5.5 - Voltgloss
-0.5 - yuma

I received a question regarding a portion of the confusion that has been cropping up on day 3.  The answer I gave is that that there is more going on than you realize, and that you should re-read the thread with fresh eyes and an open mind.  There are some important posts that people have not realized are important. :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:46:13 pm by eHalcyon »

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 29, 2012, 09:03:24 pm »

To say anything more would be revealing of my role, which I would rather not do.

Which is it?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 29, 2012, 09:06:40 pm »

A ruling on an old issue -- Axxle says he should still have intermittent access to internet during his V/LA, so I will no longer be seeking a replacement.  If required, day 3 can be extended.  If we enter night before then, Night 3 will be extended to give Axxle at least 24 hours beyond his date of return.  If the day ends soon, longer before Axxle's expected return, I'll probably leave Twilight chat open for significantly longer than normal, and then you can use the extra night time to peruse the thread for clues as to why people are doing what they are doing!  (Or if Axxle manages to sneak in during the night, we can proceed as normal into day 4.)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: July 29, 2012, 09:13:20 pm »

Which is it?

I've said what I can. Are you really so determined to rolefish?

Mafia Record:

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 29, 2012, 09:16:19 pm »

Okay, whut? So... Robz wants one of himself of Galz killed (now saying Galz), and Axxle and Galz have some idea why?

How very interesting. If Robz got his way with Galz killed, this could be the bizarrest way of getting someone else lynched I've ever seen.

Robz, I take it a thing will happen when you satisfy some criteria, and you think that criteria might be getting yourself lynched? Or maybe Galz lynched? You know, we aren't going to lynch Galz unless there's very good reason for it - I don't think he's been suspicious all game so far and he doesn't exactly sound in favour of it, so really, it's you, or we lynch someone scummy like normal...
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 29, 2012, 09:17:16 pm »

Which is it?

Well - in one you say you can not - implying that you have post restriction that would explicitly prohibit you from doing so.

The other you say you'd prefer not to, implying that you just want to keep things secret. 

Either are acceptable - but they are different statements.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 29, 2012, 09:23:20 pm »

Which is it?

Well - in one you say you can not - implying that you have post restriction that would explicitly prohibit you from doing so.

The other you say you'd prefer not to, implying that you just want to keep things secret. 

Either are acceptable - but they are different statements.

I have no restriction except protecting the members of the deck that I know. Festival was deck, but Robz wanted to be lynched - I'm not entirely sure as to why, but as a deck role I must believe he had his reasons. He seems to think something else now, which while I understand WHY he thinks it, I know for a fact to be misguided based on a result that he's trying to figure out.

Mafia Record:

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 29, 2012, 09:27:28 pm »

cayvie should be the second vote on timchen, right Ehalc?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 29, 2012, 09:46:31 pm »

cayvie should be the second vote on timchen, right Ehalc?

My bad.  Fixed.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 29, 2012, 10:24:16 pm »

Robz and Galzria, is there any chance of you two coming into an understanding? You dont have to explain us whats going on really (I dont think). Or should we start looking for other targets?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 29, 2012, 10:29:47 pm »

Robz and Galzria, is there any chance of you two coming into an understanding? You dont have to explain us whats going on really (I dont think). Or should we start looking for other targets?

Robz is in a tough situation, and I feel for him. I am happy to search for other targets (I'm not sold on Timchen, but Lekkit is viable in my eyes). I'm not sure Robz will be willing to move on however.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 29, 2012, 10:48:22 pm »

Okay, whut? So... Robz wants one of himself of Galz killed (now saying Galz), and Axxle and Galz have some idea why?

How very interesting. If Robz got his way with Galz killed, this could be the bizarrest way of getting someone else lynched I've ever seen.

Robz, I take it a thing will happen when you satisfy some criteria, and you think that criteria might be getting yourself lynched? Or maybe Galz lynched? You know, we aren't going to lynch Galz unless there's very good reason for it - I don't think he's been suspicious all game so far and he doesn't exactly sound in favour of it, so really, it's you, or we lynch someone scummy like normal...

Okay, I realize that this takes a lot of trust in me that I haven't necessarily earned. I need something to happen. This "thing" will not be bad for the town; it's good for the town. Unfortunately, I don't know specifically what the thing is. Axxle is in the same situation as me, and the culprit is Galzria. I can confirm that Galzria is not a member of the town. If I'm wrong, you can lynch me. Treat this as a claim, or whatever. I know for a fact, because of night actions, that he is not town.

I now believe that killing him is the "thing" that needs to happen. My first thought was the thing that needs to happen was me dying, but after giving it more thought, I think killing Galzria is more likely to be that thing.

If it works, I can explain exactly what this had to happen; I can tell you everything. Unfortunately, I am specifically disallowed from giving more details.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 29, 2012, 10:55:18 pm »

And you're cool, of course, with being lynched if you're wrong, Robz?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 97  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.