Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 62  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Game Over! Universe Wins!)  (Read 141682 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Day 3!)
« Reply #1175 on: September 04, 2013, 03:26:34 pm »

What mail-mi is doing makes absolutely no sense. "Robz is scum! He's right, though."

The question I pose to the rest of the town: Does this make him more worthy of lynch than yuma?

For me, the question is whether or not I could see town mail-mi doing the exact same thing. And the answer is yes. I can. Obviously he is more worthy of a lynch than me. But I think we would be heading toward mislynch city if we voted for him.

This is really what is frustrating me about robz. He has me pegged completely wrong... and I still am not sure why. And the only other option that he is giving is the stereotypical "easy mislynch for the win"

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: September 04, 2013, 03:26:45 pm »

You didn't say "Let's look at Eevee/Jorbles and see what we can learn about Nkirbit."  You suggested that the evidence would lead towards a specific conclusion.

In fact, when Yuma went back and said "Eevee and Jorbles didn't have a scumread on Nkirbit at all", you definitely didn't come out and say that it was evidence supporting my townness?  Why not?  Yuma did the following up for you, and it was the opposite of what you had pointed out here... yet you never said "Oh, townpoints for Nkirbit".  You just ignored it.  If you were looking at it neutrally, why didn't you go back to it and say that it didn't match your initial suspicions?  Instead, you have appeared to ignore the stuff that opposes your narrative.
This is equally wrong.  I suggested that if Eevee/Jorbles had suspected you, that it might be a reason that scumnkirbit would kill them.  At the time I didn't remember if Eevee/Jorbles had suspected you.  It turns out they didnt.

So my followup conclusion isn't "oh somebody who didn't suspect nkirbit died...therefore nkirbit is town".  Some things don't break down into townpoints if true, scumpoints if false.  If mafia were that simple, towns would be winning all the time.

my style is to open different threads of reasoning, explore stories that fit everybody's narratives.  If you're going to suspect me because I thought of a possible explanation that wasn't supported by evidence and then dropped that explanation, well that's just silly.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: September 04, 2013, 03:28:18 pm »

Usually when everyone thinks I'm town, I'm actually scum. So this is weird. But oh well.

Uh, I don't have justify myself anymore, yes? I can just be like, it's <scummy>yuma... mail-mi... voltaire... shraeye... nkirbit<townish>

I don't get why you think Yuma is scummy.. is it really just that he's still alive?

Look, I can remember getting townie vibes from the guy in games where he was town, and just sort of not knowing in games he turned out be scum. I really do think you and shraeye are town. And there's only two other people, and probably at least two scum.

Oh now we have an explanation! Vibes! Yes, that answers everything! Vibes!
Even after your "reread" this is all you have?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: September 04, 2013, 03:44:58 pm »

So I think this is about where we stand in terms of people having reads, etc.... Please correct if wrong: Question marks are where I am somewhat unsure about the reads of people.

mail-mi: could lynch Robz. Doesn't want to lynch: nkirbit. Others (yuma, shraeye, voltaire)
Robz: could lynch yuma or mail-mi. Doesn't want to lynch nkirbit, shraeye. Others (voltiare)
shraeye: could lynch nkirbit. Doesn't want to lynch yuma. Others (mail-mi, Robz, voltaire)
nkirbit: could lynch Voltaire? Doesn't want to lynch yuma, Robz. Others (mail-mi, shraeye)
Voltaire: could lynch nkirbit, mail-mi, yuma? Doesn't want to lynch Robz. Others (shraeye)
yuma: could lynch nkirbit (maybe Robz?). Doesn't want to lynch shraeye, mail-mi Others (voltaire)

Mostly I feel like right now we are kinda a standstill. nkirbit has the most "could" lynches. But both Robz and mail-mi aren't interested. No one else is close to having four people suspicious of them.

I am wondering if we are at the point where we need as much information as we can possibly get. I think I am starting to lean toward having people claim who are still alive. There is the WIFOM that we will need to take into consideration, but again, I think that ends up providing us with more information... Because the status quo right now looks like a stall. And normally in this sort of a situation I might recommend a no-lynch to get the numbers back on town's side, but with potentially 2 NKs at night and us potentially being a lylo that just isn't an option... So yeah, I think claiming might be the correct move here.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: September 04, 2013, 03:46:08 pm »

Oh right, we aren't even allowed to no-lynch... so that can't even be considered to be an option...

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: September 04, 2013, 03:58:32 pm »

I am wondering if we are at the point where we need as much information as we can possibly get. I think I am starting to lean toward having people claim who are still alive. There is the WIFOM that we will need to take into consideration, but again, I think that ends up providing us with more information... Because the status quo right now looks like a stall. And normally in this sort of a situation I might recommend a no-lynch to get the numbers back on town's side, but with potentially 2 NKs at night and us potentially being a lylo that just isn't an option... So yeah, I think claiming might be the correct move here.

I do actually think you are a little townier for bringing this up, because this was my thought as well... which is why I raised it, a IRL week ago, when we actually had time! I almost feel like we don't have enough time, anymore. Well, probably we do. I don't know that we'll agree on it. I don't even know if it's right. For all we know, all our PRs are dead.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: September 04, 2013, 05:53:20 pm »

Shraeye (d2 onwards):

His giant reread of everyone in the game. I find it hard to think that scum!shraeye would do this. TOWNPOINTS.

I think that the fact that he says "Jorbles should get a hard look tomorrow" makes me think that he didn't want to kill jorbles. townpoints.

He also does not feel like scum shraeye in LOTR2. i think he's town.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: September 04, 2013, 06:34:07 pm »

Vote Count 3.3

nkirbit (1): shraeye
Robz (1): mail-mi
Not Voting (4): Robz888, Voltaire, nkirbit, yuma

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
Day 3 ends on September 6th at 6:15 PM Forum Time.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: September 04, 2013, 08:39:47 pm »

I guess I wouldn't be opposed to claiming.  I don't think it will help town very much, as PR claims are very unreliable at this point.

It may help scum identify who the other scum team is, and I actually think that would be a good thing at this point.  We've already mislynched twice, and we're not going to win without scum shooting other scum, almost certainly, so that's helpful.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: September 04, 2013, 09:02:18 pm »

Well we need to get this moving and not let it derail scum hunting. I will start the claiming.

I am not a PR. I think the ideal route would be to do popcorn style, but I just don't think we have time for that... so I think we might just need to go freestyle here.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: September 04, 2013, 09:03:59 pm »

:'(we're  really doing this? Fine. I'm the vig. Ash was a VT.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: September 04, 2013, 09:21:52 pm »

I am a VT

Mail-Mi's claim is interesting.  Did both scumteams shoot Chairs that night?  I suppose that's not unreasonable.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: September 04, 2013, 09:22:53 pm »

Did you shoot N2, mail-mi?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: September 04, 2013, 09:23:29 pm »

Also VT.

Mail-mi, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: September 04, 2013, 09:24:20 pm »

I believe him. It was SUCHABADMOVE though.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: September 04, 2013, 09:26:11 pm »

I am not so sure that I do. This looks more like something that scum mail-mi might feel like he has to do.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: September 04, 2013, 09:28:06 pm »

Well, if we are all telling the truth, we have 6 VTs accounted for (Nkirbit, Yuma, Robz, Ash, Voltgloss, Lio)... that's all of them.

We will see what the others claim.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: September 04, 2013, 09:28:32 pm »

can we get a flavor claim with this?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: September 04, 2013, 09:31:01 pm »

I am not so sure that I do. This looks more like something that scum mail-mi might feel like he has to do.

Does he feel like he has to do that, though?

I'm glad you actually sprung this on us right now, when we have no clear lynch choice. Does mail-mi think he actually needs to fakeclaim to survive?

I guess, if ash was actually the vigilante, and mail-mi is scum who shot him, he would have always planned on that. Huh.

MAIL-MI, WHAT ABOUT YOUR NIGHT 2 SHOT? ANSWER RIGHT NOW WITHOUT THINKING OR YOU GET LYNCHED.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: September 04, 2013, 09:35:49 pm »

I didn't shoot N2. Ash was Amy Pond.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: September 04, 2013, 09:36:44 pm »

your flavor, not ash's

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: September 04, 2013, 09:37:44 pm »

Why didn't you shoot N2?  You had more information, and better reads, N2 than you did N1.  Why did you choose to shoot on the night where you had less info, then choose to not shoot on the night you had more info?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: September 04, 2013, 09:38:07 pm »

can we get a flavor claim with this?
Judoon captain 

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: September 04, 2013, 09:38:19 pm »

Why didn't you shoot N2?  You had more information, and better reads, N2 than you did N1.  Why did you choose to shoot on the night where you had less info, then choose to not shoot on the night you had more info?

YES YES ANSWER THIS RIGHT NOW.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: September 04, 2013, 09:38:39 pm »

This is the flavor that Ash claimed early on in the thread.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 16 queries.