Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 82  All

Author Topic: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Mafia Wins  (Read 185260 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Mafia Wins
« on: June 12, 2013, 10:11:40 am »

I am opening this game up for signups now because I have time to put everything together. This game will not start until either Mean Girls or Simple Game is finished.

Welcome to Clue Mafia

Player Roster
1. Robz Night Killed Night2; Vanilla Townie, Miss Scarlet
2. raerae Mafia Goon; The Cook
3. liopoil Lynched Day5; Mafia Goon, Yvette the Maid
4. twistedarcher Lynched Day4; Town Psycholgist, Col. Mustard
5. shraeye Night Killed Night1; Vanilla Townie, Professor Plum
6. Eevee Night Killed Night 4; Vanilla Townie, The Mechanic
7. Voltaire Lynched Day1; Town Tracker/Vigilante, The Cop
8. UmbrageOfSnow Night Killed Night1; Town Hider, Mrs. Peacock
9. Jimmmm Endgamed; Vanilla Townie; Mr. Boddy
10. nkirbit lynched Day2; Mafia Goon; Wadsworth the Butler
11. chairs Night Killed Night6; Vanilla Townie; Mrs. White
12. mcmcsalot Night Killed Night4; Vanilla Townie; Mr. Green
13. ashersky Endgamed; Vanilla Townie, The Singing Telegram Girl

Possible back-ups:
Galz
Archetype

Day Starts:
Day1 Page
Day2 Page
Day3 Page
Day4 Page

New info will have a * next to it

f.ds Mafia Ruleset

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for this game.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play here.

Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. Personal communication outside of the forum postings is NOT ALLOWED unless your Role PM specifically allows it.  For example, Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage in their specified QT.
3. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to the moderator by the posted deadline (generally 48 hours from Night start during the first few Nights; later Nights may have shorter deadlines).  If we do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.  In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.  Generally, one team member may submit the Night Actions for all team members.
*4. Every player will be required to PM at the end of a day to confirm that they acknowledge the start of day. If a player has not responded to this after 24 hours, then a PM will be sent asking for acknowledgement. If still no PM has been received after 48 hours, the start of day will be delayed and a replacement for the missing player(s) will be begun.
5. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
6. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mods know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
*7. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving. Dropping out of this game or disappearing without warning or apology (except in the event of serious emergencies) is extremely frowned upon. Doing so will forfeit said player the right to participate in future games hosted by yuma
* 8. If a player in the past abandoned a game they may or may not be allowed to participate in this game. The mod will communicate with said player to determine if this game will be suitable for them to play and to ensure that it will be made a commitment.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
*4. The only person permitted to lock this thread is yuma. No one else may do so (except in the, hopefully unlikely, situation where the Civility Pledge has been broken) and as such twilight may extend for a long time. A back-up mod, mail-mi, will be able to provide vote counts. In the even that I am away from the Internet for an extended period of time I may ask mail-mi to lock the thread in my absence (I will post this notification in thread if this occurs.) A long twilight is intentional as I think twilights are fun. Twilights will last for at least 2 hours guaranteed.
5. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
6. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
7. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics, except for twilight.  This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent, but will be invited to the Spectator Quicktopic.
*9. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post. Mods will not edit posts for you.
10. This game will have hard 10-day deadlines.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, brown text is reserved for the Mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mods privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 48 hours of no activity or upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

Helpful Links:

--Main Wiki Page

--Newbie Guide

--Frequently Asked Questions

--Commonly Used Abbreviations

--Mafia Theory

TO CLARIFY, I AM A MODERATOR OF F.DS, BUT ONLY IN THE DOMINION TOURNAMENT SECTION. IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME, I AM MODERATING THAT THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED AND HIDDEN ACTIONS ARE COMPLETED PROPERLY.

GAME SET-UP AND ROLES LISTED IN NEXT POST
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:06:45 am by yuma »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: CLUE Mafia (SIGN-UPS OPEN NOW)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 10:12:03 am »

Game Setup

All players will be assigned a flavor name from the following:

1. Col. Mustard
2. Professor Plum
3. Mrs. White
4. Wadsworth the Butler
5. The Mechanic
6. The Cop
7. Mr. Green
8. Miss Scarlett
9. Yvette the Maid
10. The Singing Telegram Girl
11. The Cook
12. Mr. Boddy
13. Mrs. Peacock

This flavor name will be a character from the Movie Clue. One and only one of these flavor names will have intentional significance in regard to roles and/or alignment. This is all I will say on the subject.

This game will be open, using the Hard Boiled setup.

There will be a total of thirteen players, consisting of:
- 3 Mafia Goons
- 7 Vanilla Townies
- 1 Tracker/Vigilante
- 1 Hider
- 1 Detective or Psychologist (Determined Randomly)

Mechanics:
- Daystart
- The Tracker/Vigilante chooses on Night 1 which role they would like to be.
- The Hider dies if it hides with a Mafia Goon or a Vigilante, or if the person it hides behind dies.
- The Detective targets a player and finds out if that player has killed another player or not.
- The Psychologist targets a player and finds out if they have the potential to kill, but if the player has already killed, the psychologist will get a negative result.
- The Tracker/Vigilante will choose their role while at the same time choosing who they will target Night1. In addition these two choices will be performed after The Detective/Psychologist has performed his investigation, meaning that at the time of the Psychologist/Detective's investigation the Tracker/Vigilante still has the "potential" to kill.

The following mechanic rules apply:

- Kill flavor will NOT be a CLUE (see what I did there?) to the identity of the killer.
- Roles that target another player at night may NOT self-target, unless specified.
- Night actions will be processed in order of "natural action resolution" (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Natural_action_resolution).  This means that:

1.  All actions that cannot possibly be modified by any other actions are resolved FIRST.
2.  After those actions are resolved, step 1 is repeated for any remaining actions, until all actions are resolved.
3.  If there is a loop - e.g., Player X's action affects Player Y's action, which affects Player Z's action, which affects Player X's action - then actions will be resolved in the following order of priority:

- Hiding
- Killing
- Investigating

Note: Town and Mafia are known as Party Guests and Mafia Party Guests in this game. 

There may be a CLUE board game style mini-game added into this game. I am currently brain-storming ideas for ways to do this that don't distract too much from the mafia game itself and isn't too much work for me, your lazy mod. I'll keep you updated on whether or not this is going to happen. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Role PMs

Welcome to CLUE Mafia, X. You are a Mafia goon, along with Y and Z. You have the following abilities:
-Factional communication: You may talk with your mafia partners at [quicktopic link goes here] during night phases and before the start of day one.
-Factional kill: Every night, one living member of the mafia may PM me with the name of someone who you want to kill, as well as who you want to be the killer (if no killer is specified, I will assume that the person sending the PM is the killer). That person will die unless in some way protected.
Win condition: You win when all members of the town are dead and at least one member of the mafia is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
Please confirm via PM by stating your role.

Welcome to CLUE Mafia, X. You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no special abilities.
Win condition: you win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Welcome to CLUE Mafia, X. You are the Tracker/Vigilante. You have the following abilities:
-Decision: on night one, you must choose whether you want to be a tracker or a vigilante. You will remain this role for the duration of the game.
-Tracker: if you choose tracker on night one, then on every night (including night one) you may PM me the name of someone who you want to track. I will return a PM telling you who that person targeted that night, or that they targeted no one.
-Vigilante: if you choose vigilante on night one, then on every night (including night one) you may PM me a name of someone who you want to kill. That person will die, unless in some way protected.
Win condition: you win when all mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Welcome to CLUE Mafia, X. You are the Hider. You have the following abilities:
-Hide: every night, you may PM me with the name of someone who you want to hide behind. If that player is a member of the mafia or the vigilante, you will die. If the player you hide behind is targeted for a nightkill by the mafia or vigilante that night, you will die. If you are targeted for a nightkill on a night that you hide behind someone else, that nightkill will not affect you.

Welcome to CLUE Mafia, X. You are the Detective. You have the following abilities:
-Investigation: every night, you may PM me the name of someone who you want to investigate. I will return a result indicating whether or not that player has killed another player at night on any night, including the night that your action was submitted.

{OR}

Welcome to CLUE Mafia, X. You are the Psychologist. You have the following abilities:
-Diagnosis: every night, you may PM me wit the name of someone who you want to diagnose. I will return a result indicating whether or not that player has the capability to kill another player at night. If they have already killed another player, or kill another player on the night you diagnose them, they will lie to you so you will be told that they do not have the capability to kill.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:05:23 pm by yuma »

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 10:48:24 am »

/tag

I will /in only if Simple Mafia finishes before this game (and if there's a spot still open). Love the setup, Yuma!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 10:48:47 am »

/tag. I'm struggling to see why someone would choose Vigilante.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 10:57:26 am »

Because Vig is great.  But honestly, I haven't read anything yet.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 11:33:43 am »

In.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 11:35:23 am »

I am intrigued. I'll watch sign ups and join if it doesn't fill. Otherwise (and for now), /tag.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 12:01:36 pm »

/in oh my gosh I need to check the new topics more often I guess, I missed a blitz :((((
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 07:49:34 pm »

/something
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 08:00:27 pm »

/tag.

I don't want to be in both back to basics and this at the same time.. but if I die early there, I'd be interested in this.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 09:10:04 pm »

/in!

interesting setup. I can't decide if it's a good idea for the hider to hide or not. It might sometimes be a good idea to declare who you're hiding behind, maybe. That's like a really weakened vigilante. Also can't decide which of detective/psychologist is better. and if scum should have the same person do the kill each night. Or which PR the tracker/vig should choose.

man, this setup is cool! choices!

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 09:14:36 pm »

Everything in me wants to play this game but I'm moving across the damn country in July so I'm only going tag and, as always, be available to sub.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 09:22:14 pm »

Everything in me wants to play this game but I'm moving across the damn country in July so I'm only going tag and, as always, be available to sub.

You are like a sub-hero!

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 09:49:20 pm »

You are like a sub-hero!

I have a cape and everything. 

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 10:18:11 pm »

I am in every game... I really want to in but I'll just /tag for now.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 10:20:48 pm »

a few more tags and we will have enough to start up a 13 player tag-only game....

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 10:22:13 pm »

a few more tags and we will have enough to start up a 13 player tag-only game....

Maybe it would help if people had an anticipated start date?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 10:23:40 pm »

oh... it isn't a big deal.... Like I said, I just opened the signups because I had some time that I could spend writing everything up.

I just think it is funny. Start date? Probably 2 weeksish?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 10:24:47 pm »

oh... it isn't a big deal.... Like I said, I just opened the signups because I had some time that I could spend writing everything up.

I just think it is funny. Start date? Probably 2 weeksish?

I was actually just curious :)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 11:04:54 pm »

summer and mafia don't mix so well for me, but I'll probably end up joining at some point..

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 03:06:22 pm »

Ok. /in
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 10:04:50 pm »

bump. This game will start once we get 13 players (actually that is probably a lie... it probably won't start until Simple Game moves to night phase and no other RMM game is starting at the same time) to signup now that Mean Girls is over.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 10:06:40 pm »

Just what the doctor ordered!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 10:07:56 pm »

Ha... I see what you did there... doctor... Ha...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 10:08:34 pm »

Ha... I see what you did there... doctor... Ha...
I knew you'd be watching my posts carefully!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 82  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 19 queries.