Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82  All

Author Topic: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Mafia Wins  (Read 184791 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Day1
« Reply #1150 on: July 24, 2013, 10:28:16 pm »

By all appearances, ash, the plan has worked like a charm. Also, if you're our last PR, you had better start thinking about whether you're going to let us in on your info before night hits.

If the Hider caught scum, there's no reason for the psychologist to spill anything.

nkirbit is telling his scumbuddies to kill you.

Huh?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 24, 2013, 10:28:34 pm »

I'm sorry for being snarky, but I got like really annoyed with ash being all "this new guy is ruining it all with his theory talk!"' and this twist of events (the theory talk yealding maximum rewards) pleases me oh so greatly.

Yeah.  Even though I'm obviously on the bad end of it, it really is pretty nifty.

I do think that it's somewhat unfun.  Part of the fun of being a PR is getting to make decisions that influence the game.  When you reduce your actions to following a formula, it may help town, but I don't think that it's necessarily fun.  I think mafia is a fun game in part because people make choices, and removing that aspect of hider is harmful to the fun of the game.  But maybe people are okay with that.  I'm sure if we asked UoS, he would say that he's plenty fine with not having made a choice last night.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 24, 2013, 10:29:37 pm »

I'm sorry for being snarky, but I got like really annoyed with ash being all "this new guy is ruining it all with his theory talk!"' and this twist of events (the theory talk yealding maximum rewards) pleases me oh so greatly.

Yeah.  Even though I'm obviously on the bad end of it, it really is pretty nifty.

I do think that it's somewhat unfun.  Part of the fun of being a PR is getting to make decisions that influence the game.  When you reduce your actions to following a formula, it may help town, but I don't think that it's necessarily fun.  I think mafia is a fun game in part because people make choices, and removing that aspect of hider is harmful to the fun of the game.  But maybe people are okay with that.  I'm sure if we asked UoS, he would say that he's plenty fine with not having made a choice last night.

If you are admitting to being scum, which scum are you?  Flavor name?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 24, 2013, 10:30:35 pm »

If you are admitting to being scum, which scum are you?  Flavor name?

Where did I say I was scum?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 24, 2013, 10:34:28 pm »

This looks like an admission.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: July 24, 2013, 10:36:13 pm »

This looks like an admission.

Well, I would say that being mislynched is pretty bad!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 24, 2013, 10:38:21 pm »

I'm really not qualified to say if hider as a role is overpowered or not, but it seems pretty clear to me that all the guys who spent all those posts and all that time perfecting a plan for us helped us lynch scum without any discussion day 2. I would say those who tried to shut down such discussion day 1 should really reconsider their stance (and quite frankly their attitude), as lynching scum day 2 without outing any power roles is pretty damn awesome, yeah!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Day2
« Reply #1157 on: July 24, 2013, 10:43:08 pm »

Final Day2 Vote Count 2.3

I am on, so going to flip now. Slightly shorter twilight, but better than waiting until Friday for the flip eh?

nkirbit (6): Twistedarcher, liopoil, chairs, Jimmmmm, Robz888, ashersky

Not voting: raerae, mcmcsalot, nkirbit, Eevee

As Miss Scarlet came out of the bathroom she let out a shriek. Mr. Green was standing right in front of the doorway.

“What were you doing in there? It smells weird.”

Mr. Green, you can’t ask a woman a question like that,” she replied.

The other guests came quickly running to the scene. “What happened? What was wrong?” asked Mrs. White.

“Nothing was wrong. Mr. Green is just acting weird,” Miss Scarlet said with her eyes shifting toward the kitchen. “What is that smell! I am so hungry! I know what I want! Pizza, pizza, me so hungry! We should get pizza!”

Miss Scarlet this is no time to think about your stomach,” said Wadsworth the Butler coming closer to the bathroom door. “We have two dead bodies in the study, another body down a dark and mysterious cavern and another one that is missing. This is no time to think about food. We need to figure out who killed them, and where and with what!”

“Ok, sure, fine. But there is no need to shout.”

“I am not shouting!” Wadsworth the Butler shouted.

“All right, I am. I’m shouting, I’m shouting, I’m shout…” he said, suddenly falling silent as a Lead Pipe covered in some sort of blue paint fell on top of his head.

Wadsworth The Butler fell to the floor. After a few moments Mr. Green checked his pulse. “I think he is dead. I didn't do it!”

He was.

nkirbit, Wadsworth the Butler, the Mafia Goon has been lynched.

Night actions to me in 48 hours, so July 26 at 10:30 pm forum time.

Please remember to check in and acknowledge the start of night.

This thread is Locked
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 11:28:08 pm by yuma »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Night2
« Reply #1158 on: July 26, 2013, 07:31:13 pm »

Day2 won't start until Saturday when I get home from VLA. Sorry about the slight delay, but I want to make sure all night actions have been fully submitted before continuing. Also I am still waiting for two of you to check in. I will send both of you PMs.

This thread is still locked.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Day3
« Reply #1159 on: July 27, 2013, 02:01:02 pm »

Day3 Start

“Well we have another dead body,” said Col. Mustard.

“Let’s take him back to the Study with the rest of the bodies. After all Wadsworth the Butler would never want us to leave his body here cluttering up the Hall. He did like to keep things tidy,” said Yvette the Maid with a tear running down her face.

“What does a Butler do anyways?” asked The Mechanic.

“He buttles,” said The Cook.

As they carried Wadsworth the Butler’s body from the bathroom to the Study another guest died. Miss Scarlet quickly and quietly left the group to go upstairs. She had forgotten something on the second floor and wanted to retrieve it. But as she came down the stairs her ruby red high-heels caught on something at the top of the stairs. The Rope had been tied between the bannisters and she tripped and tumbled down the stairs, throwing her item into the air. She landed with a crash, but without a word at the bottom of the stairs.

Robz, Miss Scarlet, Vanilla Townie has been killed in the night.

Vote Count 3.1

Not voting: (8) raerae, mcmcsalot, chairs, ashersky, liopoil, Eevee, twistedarcher, Jimmmmmmm

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline for Day3 is August 6 at 2 pm forum time.

Day3 Starts Now!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 11:30:15 pm by yuma »

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 27, 2013, 03:50:04 pm »

8 alive (even # of people), no protective roles left. that's no lynch, right?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 27, 2013, 03:54:30 pm »

I'd say no lynch if we absolutely have to, but we're still better off lynching another mobster tonight if possible.  With one down, we've got 2 left to track.  I think if we look at the people who were worried about nkirbit's imminent flip, they'd be likely targets (but don't forget we might also want to review who hopped on the bus)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 27, 2013, 05:17:40 pm »

oh sure. If the detective/psychologist found someone, by all means, let's lynch'em! But unless they claim something, I'm fairly sure no lynch is best.

Vote: No lynch

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 27, 2013, 06:00:26 pm »

the hider plan worked great! however, we did lose a PR and lowered the number of mislynches we can afford. So it was more like a 1-for-1 trade, which still favors town of course.

But now we have a dead scum! let's analyze his interactions and stuff. We can't really do much in the way of wagon analysis on him, because scum knew he was going down and so could easily have bussed.

A bit surprised by the robz kill, because I think he was the most hesitant to lynch nkirbit...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 27, 2013, 06:08:57 pm »

people who voted for nkirbit D1, in chronological order: shraeye (who is dead town, and yes, he is the only one)
people who nkirbit voted for D1, in chronological order: chairs, liopoil, chairs again.

for reference, here is nkirbit's biggest post where he says stuff about a lot of different people:

So, this gives me major reservations about lynching chairs...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 27, 2013, 08:18:23 pm »

Being hesitant to lynch nkirbit was really a nulltell for someone like Robz there though.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 27, 2013, 09:32:07 pm »

I'd say no lynch if we absolutely have to, but we're still better off lynching another mobster tonight if possible.  With one down, we've got 2 left to track.  I think if we look at the people who were worried about nkirbit's imminent flip, they'd be likely targets (but don't forget we might also want to review who hopped on the bus)

So caution = mafia now?  I'm more suspicious of the people who voted without comment.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 28, 2013, 12:15:20 am »

Hey guys I'm back.

Vote Count 3.2

Now there were five bodies in the study. Suddenly the doorbell rang.

The guests looked at each other in shock! Who could it be? How could they answer the door? It was locked!

They all ran to the door. One of the guests looked through the peephole and saw a stunning sight. On the door step was a young man in a white shirt and tie. His hair was slicked back and he carried some books.

“Should we let him in?” asked The Singing Telegram Girl.

“And how do you propose we do that?” asked Yvette the Maid. "The door is locked!"

“What kind of a moron locks the door and throws away the key?” asked Mr. Green grasping the door handle and turning it in exasperation. Surprisingly the door opened and the young man stepped into the frame of the door. He held his head high and took a step singing “Da, da, da, da, da, da. I am your Mormon Missionary.”

Everyone stared at him in disbelief. A Mormon missionary? Here, now. Of all nights?

“Good evening I am Elder Nothsa,” he said. “Have you ever given any thought to the kingdom of heaven?”

“What?” cried The Cook.

“Repent, the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

“You ain’t just whistling Dixie,” said Mrs. White.

“Armageddon is almost upon us.”

“I got news for you—its already here,” said The Mechanic.

“Go away,” said Mrs. White.

“But your souls are in danger.”

“Our lives are in danger,” shouted The Cook.

No lynch: (1) liopoil
Not voting: (7) raerae, mcmcsalot, chairs, ashersky, Eevee, twistedarcher, Jimmmmmmm

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline for Day3 is August 6 at 2 pm forum time.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 11:32:41 pm by yuma »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 28, 2013, 12:44:27 am »

So caution = mafia now?  I'm more suspicious of the people who voted without comment.

Not necessarily, hence the disclaimer in the parentheses.  My first instinct is that the "but wait, we're doing the math wrong" from, say, Robz, is indicative that he might be scum - but maybe he just really wasn't on the same page as the rest of us?   D1 analysis of who seemed to understand the plan the best is probably in order.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 28, 2013, 11:01:04 am »

Is understanding the plan Towny or scummy?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: July 28, 2013, 11:36:39 am »

I think it's pretty neutral of alignment.

Although, scum might have wanted to jump on board since they knew their partner was probably getting lynched.

Nkirbit's position on Chairs' wagon makes me think that Chairs is probably town, so we had two town wagons D1. I'd expect scum to probably split the wagons in that case, and that there's at least one scum on Voltaire's wagon (and probably there's a scum who got on Voltaire's wagon pretty early, too.)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 28, 2013, 11:40:57 am »

Nkirbit told his scumbuddies that Ashersky might be the last PR, but he's still alive today. This is either his partners disregarding, or disagreeing with, his advice, or possibly Ashersky's scum and Nkirbit was trying to get us to think he's town. I really have no idea which, but the second definitely seems like a feasible option.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 28, 2013, 12:37:03 pm »

well, it could be scummy if someone clearly completely understood how the plan works but then wasn't sure about lynching nkirbit...

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 28, 2013, 12:40:27 pm »

well, it could be scummy if someone clearly completely understood how the plan works but then wasn't sure about lynching nkirbit...

I'd expect a scum who was iffy on the plan to see Nkirbit accumulating a ton of votes regarding the plan, and then want to immediately jump on, actually.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 28, 2013, 01:54:05 pm »

Just re-read the thread, with the knowledge that Nkirbit is scum, and four other players are town.

I'm still on the Ashersky bandwagon.

Early on, Ashersky comes in with the opinion that talking about the hider plan is terribly bad, and starts his general anti-town behavior. In post #239, UoS votes him for this. Immediately, in the next post, Nkirbit comes out and says that regardless of people's opinions, we should stop talking about the plan, and move the game forward. Ultimately, a pro-town notion, but its timing is noteworthy, in that it came immediately after Ashersky had generated a vote for stating his opinion on the plan. This is a semi-defense of Ashersky, in that he doesn't actually mention Ash's name, but suggests we direct the topic of conversation elsewhere.

The Ash bandwagon gets going. UoS, Mcmc, Ash, Shraeye, Eevee, Jimmm, TA, Chairs, and Voltaire all vote Ash at some point, with several players unvoting. TA's vote brings Ash to L-2 (but really L-3, since Ash was on himself). Now, despite the fact that he claimed to have no problem being the lynch, Ash was still actively scumhunting, and putting suspicion on people who voted him for inadequate reasons. To me, this is NOT the behavior of someone who wanted to get lynched. I fully think it's a gambit by Ash to gain town cred, I really do. The flip side is that he wanted to gauge reactions, and see who jumped on board. But I think it was really a gambit, and one that worked.

Now, that's a lot of people to vote for one person. But we know that UoS, Shraeye, and Volt were all town, and Ash's vote doesn't really count. That leaves TA, Eevee, Jimmm, and Mcmc. I know I'm town, and I have a towny read on Eevee also (what else is new...). I also really think that Chairs is town, due to Nkirbit's position driving that wagon early, and the end of the D1, where no lynch really went forward easily. That leaves Jimmm and Mcmc, one of whom could be a potential Ashersky partner, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're both town, as well.

In post #379, Nkirbit offers his opinion on the Ash wagon. He offers the opinion that he thinks Ash is probably town, and he finds the people on the wagon suspicious. In post #382, he finds Mcmc and Chairs scummiest for their positions on the Ash wagon. This is interesting, because Nkirbit doesn't attempt to actually individually dissuade anyone's argument. He doesn't take the stance that people on the wagon could be mistakenly casting their votes, and trying to dissuade them (similar to what Robz, a town member, did.) Rather, he goes right to scum hunting among Ash's wagon. This seems too predatory a position, to me. It's asserting that he KNOWS Ash is town, and that there's scum pushing his wagon, rather that it's possible a bunch of mistaken townies, or that Ash really could be scum. That amount of certainty makes sense, given that Nkirbit was scum, and also leads me to believe he was trying to redirect from a scum buddy.

Voltaire had begun to find Chairs suspicious, so Nkirbit jumped on Chairs as a possible alternative lynch to Ashersky in #397.

In #602, Ashersky's "want to lynch" list includes, Mcmc, Robz, TA, Volt. 2/4 of these are confirmed town, I personally know that 3/4 are town. Lists Nkirbit right in the middle of the list.

In #774, Ash states that he believes the Chairs lynch is a convenience lynch. In #777, he clarifies, saying that he meant it's an "Easy lynch for scum to push through to save a partner." The obvious implication is that Voltaire could be likely scum. Not scummy in itself, I also firmly believed Chairs to be VT. Yet, with Volt at L-3 and Chairs at L-1, he holds off on voting for Volt. This is the scummy part. If he really felt that strongly about Chairs v. Volt, I think he'd have moved to Voltaire much, much, much more quickly. Yet he waited until Volt was at L-1 to cast the hammer. This reads more like a scum who doesn't care which town lynch goes through rather than a town member waiting (since he had made it very clear how he felt on Voltaire vs. Chairs, and Volt had been in his "would-lynch" category most of the day.

The three main points why I believe Ashersky is scum:

1) I believe his self-vote to be 100% a scum gambit to gain town reads.
2) I believe Nkirbit defending Ashersky during the wagon was incriminating. Nkirbit was too quick to hunt for scum on Ashersky's wagon. This reads more like scum defending a partner than scum defending a townie. Nkirbit also pushed Chairs, who had been suspected by another play, as an alternative lynch quickly. Nkirbit did not want Ashersky to be getting so much attention.
3) The end of the day. It reads more like scum!Ashersky choosing between two town members than anything else. I believe that if town, Ashersky would have voted Voltaire, who he had in his "would lynch" category, much earlier than he did, to avoid the "convenience lynch" of Chairs. Instead, he ended up waiting for the hammer -- the desperation to avoid a lynch of Chairs was stated, but the actions don't agree with it.

Vote: Ashersky
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.