Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 82  All

Author Topic: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Mafia Wins  (Read 185271 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Day1
« Reply #1050 on: July 22, 2013, 03:49:20 pm »

Sorry you think I'm being actively unhelpful, Robz, but I have referred back to my big summary of the case on Volt like 6 or 7 times already when I need to find something or review a sequence of events.  I've found it much easier than searching the thread.

I put it out there because I thought other people might have similar needs and it would save town quite a bit of work.  To my mind, we all should have had the need to revist the case on Volt and some particulars of it before lynching him, but if everyone thinks that is unhelpful, whatever, I'll keep notes on my computer, but I really don't see why that's so bad.  It's one post to skip past if you don't want it, rather than 5 pages of more discussion trying to find something when we argue about when someone said what.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 22, 2013, 03:51:16 pm »

Sorry for trying too hard.

You're right, it would be much more pro-town to NOT try instead.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 22, 2013, 03:52:15 pm »

that's not what robz is saying at all.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 22, 2013, 03:52:43 pm »

You seem to me really confident that Volt will flip town. And maybe at this point you are trying a bit too hard to look like Mr. Townie.

Also, you don't remember that whole series of posts I made about why I think it's correct play for us to assume the lynched party is town, even though it's also correct play for scum to claim town until the flip?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 22, 2013, 03:52:54 pm »

Sorry you think I'm being actively unhelpful, Robz, but I have referred back to my big summary of the case on Volt like 6 or 7 times already when I need to find something or review a sequence of events.  I've found it much easier than searching the thread.

I put it out there because I thought other people might have similar needs and it would save town quite a bit of work.  To my mind, we all should have had the need to revist the case on Volt and some particulars of it before lynching him, but if everyone thinks that is unhelpful, whatever, I'll keep notes on my computer, but I really don't see why that's so bad.  It's one post to skip past if you don't want it, rather than 5 pages of more discussion trying to find something when we argue about when someone said what.

I mean, I don't want to sound like I am coming off too strongly against you here. I do appreciate the effort you are putting in.The fact that you are driving conversation and asking people questions and holding them accountable is mega, mega, mega great.

But just be careful about giving your views over and over again at such great length. The reasons not to do this are 1) It's very hard to re-read later, it's just like a lot of physical work for other people to do 2) It makes it harder to form an opinion on you later, when you have had like a 100 diffeent opinions by virtue of being so, so active 3) You will become depressed when you find out your 20,000 word essay was totally wrong. This last thing has happened to me a lot.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 22, 2013, 03:54:41 pm »

Sorry for trying too hard.

You're right, it would be much more pro-town to NOT try instead.

It's not pro-town to try less hard, but it is pro-town to economize a bit more. That's all.

I agree that it's fine to milk Volt for all he is worth now, and I don't know why I got pegged as trying to silence this debate.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 22, 2013, 03:59:46 pm »

3) You will become depressed when you find out your 20,000 word essay was totally wrong. This last thing has happened to me a lot.
Regarding this last point, I spent quite a lot of words on Ashersky, and at this point I'm pretty null on him.  I mean, I think some things are suspicious, but he's been pretty pro-town in a lot of ways lately.  I certainly wouldn't vote for him now, although I'd have loved to lynch him when I wrote them.

I write a lot, it isn't depressing.

Although I guess I can add a 4 to your list though
4) It's depressing when you feel like people missed your point got distracted by other things.

I think part of the problem is that I have a lot to say, and it seems frustrating to me that no one other than Ashersky does too.

Yeah, I'll try to work on being shorter, but brevity is not my strong suit. (Shocker!)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 22, 2013, 04:39:19 pm »

Also FYI, I have authorized the mafia quicktopic to be unlocked beginning at twilight--once it has been firmly established that a hammer vote was indeed cast--allowing them to start their communication earlier than usual.[/color][/b]
Here is some food for thought

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 22, 2013, 04:45:28 pm »

Also FYI, I have authorized the mafia quicktopic to be unlocked beginning at twilight--once it has been firmly established that a hammer vote was indeed cast--allowing them to start their communication earlier than usual.[/color][/b]

Oh, what??? Wow. Okay, I didn't realize what that meant first time I read it.

If this is the case, I actually do recommend that we all stop talking. Scum have a major discussion advantage right now.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 22, 2013, 04:49:56 pm »

:o

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 22, 2013, 04:55:19 pm »

Good idea, let's only communicate in emoticons.

:-\

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 22, 2013, 04:55:52 pm »

:-X

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 22, 2013, 04:57:43 pm »

actually, hold up, I think it's fine to talk. I mean, in blitz scum often have daychat, and we talk lots anyway!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 22, 2013, 05:01:42 pm »

actually, hold up, I think it's fine to talk. I mean, in blitz scum often have daychat, and we talk lots anyway!

And it's their greatest asset!

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 22, 2013, 05:31:21 pm »

What's "Blitz", anyway?  ???

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: July 22, 2013, 05:34:00 pm »

Robz is correct in that all we say is helping scum actively discuss in their QT.

If volt is telling the truth, that's unfortunate.  But his twilight explanations aren't convincing.  Plenty of holes I won't mention until D2, assuming I'm alive.

There's plenty here to analyze without helping scum out any further.

I do want to say one thing: scum will fake claim in twilight, but generally speaking, no one will counterclaim a dead man.  It's a Hail Mary play, and they're looking for the towny that say "oh now I'm even more convinced he's scum!" since that's a clue.

And Volt, you may be frustrated, but can you really call me "the worst town" in the game?  If you aren't lying, you managed to get lynched as a strong PR.  That seems way worse than my play.

If you want to "be scummy as PR to not get lynched," take a page out of my D1, man.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 22, 2013, 05:36:34 pm »

Robz is correct in that all we say is helping scum actively discuss in their QT.

If volt is telling the truth, that's unfortunate.  But his twilight explanations aren't convincing.  Plenty of holes I won't mention until D2, assuming I'm alive.

There's plenty here to analyze without helping scum out any further.

I do want to say one thing: scum will fake claim in twilight, but generally speaking, no one will counterclaim a dead man.  It's a Hail Mary play, and they're looking for the towny that say "oh now I'm even more convinced he's scum!" since that's a clue.

And Volt, you may be frustrated, but can you really call me "the worst town" in the game?  If you aren't lying, you managed to get lynched as a strong PR.  That seems way worse than my play.

If you want to "be scummy as PR to not get lynched," take a page out of my D1, man.
Take the fact that I know the first bold is wrong.

Now think about the second bold part.

You see why I have a derp :P derp opinion of you.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 22, 2013, 05:42:46 pm »

I can't argue with your reasoning.  I think I'd have done the same thing if I were in your position, just the other way around, but by the same logic.

Now that the suspense isn't killing me anymore, I'm going to sleep.  Maybe I'll wake up to find out I was wrong.  Here's hoping.

Wait, why isn't the suspense killing you anymore?  We're still waiting for Voltaire to flip.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 22, 2013, 05:45:28 pm »

If you aren't lying, you managed to get lynched as a strong PR.  That seems way worse than my play.
Gee, I wonder how that happened.

Anyone who switches from Voltaire to hammer chairs will look ULTRA scummy.  I mean, horribly scummy.  Like, hammering chairs to save Voltaire scummy.
2) Scum would absolutely claim Tracker/Vig if they were going to die, so they could find the real one.  Anyone who responds to a tracker/vig claim with "wait, if you are the real one, don't counter claim and let's just lynch this one" would be burnt at the stake.  Lynching a claimed PR without a counter just makes no sense.  So how does scum out the only PR that actually hurts them?  By fakeclaiming it.
3) We should lynch "person who is the option other than me" is not a great statement to be making.
The other way to look at it is that wagons that are hard to lynch tend to be scum.  I don't know if that's still true, but it used to be.  Generally, you aren't getting 100% town wagons, so without scum on board, folks don't get lynched.  If scum just stays away from scum buddies, which is easy on D1 when there isn't a clear slip, lynches don't go smoothly.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 22, 2013, 06:16:12 pm »

I am here. Flip is on its way

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Night1
« Reply #1070 on: July 22, 2013, 06:24:59 pm »

Day 1 Final Vote Count

The four guests were stuck inside one of the upstairs rooms. There was no getting out. The four guests used The Cop's flashlight to search through the room.

"I have heard that old mansions like this had secret passageways," said Mrs. Peacock. "Maybe we should search for one."

"Good idea," said The Mechanic.

The four players wandered around the room tapping on walls and checking for secret passageways.

The Cop made his way over to the fireplace. He picked up a photograph on the mantle and muttered under his breath, "This is interesting." He took out his notebook and wrote a few sentences. He put back the picture and suddenly two things happened at once.

First, a secret passageway opened up near the fireplace. Second, a trap door opened beneath the feet of The Cop and he fell to his death. The rumble of the secret passageway also knocked the picture from the mantle into the gapping whole in the floor. It too fell, never to be seen again.

The other three guests in the room were stunned to silence... quite the feat for Mrs. Peacock. However, she noticed lying on the ground The Cop's notebook.

She picked it up and read out loud from its last page. "I believe I have seen both the face and the hands of the murderer. I think I have all the Clue's I need. If I could just get the last shred of evidence--the murder weapon--perhaps I would be able to catch the murderer red handed."

Voltaire (7): shraeye, mcmcsalot, chairs, Jimmmm, TA, Robz, ashersky
chairs (6): nkirbit, Voltaire, Eevee, raerae, liopoil, Snow (L-1)

Voltaire The Cop has been lynched. He was the Town Tracker/Vigilante.

All night actions are due to me Wednesday, July 24 by noon forum time. Day 2 will begin sometime there after when I can get access to Internet. (thanks again for everyone being patient!)

Keep in mind that in accordance with rule 4 posted in the Ruleset, all players are required to:

PM me at the end of a day to confirm that they acknowledge the start of night. If a player has not responded to this after 24 hours, then a PM will be sent asking for acknowledgement. If still no PM has been received after 48 hours, the start of day will be delayed and a replacement for the missing player(s) will be begun.

The Tread is now Locked.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 06:03:11 pm by yuma »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Night1
« Reply #1071 on: July 24, 2013, 05:10:40 pm »

Day2 Start

After paying their respects the three guests decided to wander into the secret passageway that The Cop had opened for them.

"Well somebody has got to break the ice, and it might as well be me," Mrs. Peacock said as they wandered down the dark corridor. "I never liked The Cop. He was far too conceited. I mean... he actually thought he could solve this series of murders. Like he could solve it! The only way this can be solved is if J. Edgar Hoover himself came and performed the investigation!"

"Please be respectful of the dead," said The Mechanic. As he said that they saw a glimmer of light.

Meanwhile Professor Plum, Mrs. White, Mr. Boddy and Col. Mustard were still searching for the Candlestick. Unaware that The Cop had died.

With a flash of inspiration Col. Mustard looked up. He asked to borrow matches from Professor Plum. "I think I know where the candlestick might be," he said. He lit a match and raised it up above his head. In the faint light the group saw a large chandelier. Who has a large chandelier in a bedroom? Rrenaud, that is who. But more importantly on the chandelier was the Candlestick. "Aha!" shouted Col. Mustard "the murder must have put the Candlestick up here to hide it. It was a very clever spot and only the brightest fellow would have thought of it!"

He used Professor Plum's back to reach for the Candlestick. "Ah! My back!" shouted Professor Plum "No body should be in this position."

Col. Mustard grabbed the Candlestick and lit it lighting up the room. Seconds later a picture on the wall exploded. And out stepped Mrs. Peacock, The Mechanic and Mr. Boddy.

Before anyone had a chance to say a word the windows blew open, the Candlestick's light was blown out. Everyone panicked. Mrs. Peacock tripped over Professor Plum who was still kneeling on the ground.

And then there was a tinkling sound, followed by a crumbling sound, followed by a whooshing sound, followed by a painful sound, followed by a silent sound.

Col. Mustard, after a moment, relit the Candlestick. On the ground were two dead bodies, crushed beneath the weight of the chandelier.

shraeye, (Professor Plum) the Vanilla Townie and UmbarageOfSnow, (Mrs. Peacock), The Hider were killed in the night.

Day2 will end in 10 days, August 3rd at 5 pm forum time.

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

I will be back full time on Saturday, until then EFHW and Jorbles will continue to provide vote counts.

Thread unlocked
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:37:45 pm by yuma »

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 24, 2013, 05:22:27 pm »

And so the proof of you hider plan rests in the (plum) pudding.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 24, 2013, 05:23:49 pm »

Following the plan, UoS hid behind Nkirbit, right? SOmeone verify this?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 24, 2013, 05:25:00 pm »

1. Robz
2. raerae
3. liopoil
4. twistedarcher
5. shraeye
6. Eevee
7. Voltaire
8. UmbrageOfSnow
9. Jimmmm
10. nkirbit
11. chairs
12. mcmcsalot
13. ashersky

Mrs. Peacock was #13.

1 = Jimm, 2 =nkirbit, 3= chairs, 4 = mcmc, 5= ash, 6=robz, 7=raerae, 8=liopoil, 9 =TA, 10 = Shraeye, 11=Eevee, 12 = Jimmm (skipping Volt, who was dead, and UoS), 13=nkirbit
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 82  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 19 queries.