Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82]  All

Author Topic: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Mafia Wins  (Read 185055 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Day7
« Reply #2025 on: August 21, 2013, 10:25:28 pm »

I still think ashersky played a ridiculously anti-town game. Would this actually be something worth discussing for future games?

It's clear from the speccy that you'd all rather I never play again as town.

I certainly don't feel that way. I think that you have a style that you shouldn't change (unless you yourself wants to change it) and one that I think is actually quite effective. I won't tell you what I think you should do. But only ask that you remember that people react to you a certain way pretty consistently. Could we react better? Yes. But you asking us to change how we react to you is the same as us asking you to play differently. I don't think necessarily either need to happen, but rather that both sides need to be more aware of how the other side might be responding.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: August 21, 2013, 10:29:28 pm »

I still think ashersky played a ridiculously anti-town game. Would this actually be something worth discussing for future games?

I certainly don't feel that way. I think that you have a style that you shouldn't change (unless you yourself wants to change it) and one that I think is actually quite effective. I won't tell you what I think you should do. But only ask that you remember that people react to you a certain way pretty consistently. Could we react better? Yes. But you asking us to change how we react to you is the same as us asking you to play differently. I don't think necessarily either need to happen, but rather that both sides need to be more aware of how the other side might be responding.

Sorry if I seemed to want you all the change around me.  I definitely don't.  I think how players react to my play helps me (and others, actually) scumhunt.  You, of all players, definitely get it.  I think that's maybe because you are so diametrically opposed to a lot of what I do, but realize the reasoning behind it most of the time.

I just think town!ash is a problem for scumteams--more than town gives me credit for.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: August 21, 2013, 10:36:40 pm »

Thanks for running this Yuma, and thanks to the others who helped out with vote counts.

What was the deal with the flavor?  Did anyone correctly guess it?  Did anyone even guess?  I didn't have much clue what was actually happening in regards to that.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: August 21, 2013, 10:57:23 pm »

Thanks for running this Yuma, and thanks to the others who helped out with vote counts.

What was the deal with the flavor?  Did anyone correctly guess it?  Did anyone even guess?  I didn't have much clue what was actually happening in regards to that.

I think the only person that ended up guessing was mail-mi. The flavor was fun to write, but ended up not being quite as coherent as I wanted it to be. I was just a tad too busy for that. But I think the people that have seen CLUE enjoyed the quoting mashups.

Ultimately the flavor was supposed to indicate that it was Miss Scarlett but I think too many lose ends were not resolved... and once I saw most people weren't quite as interested in participating with it I basically dropped it so I could concentrate on other things.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: August 21, 2013, 11:02:51 pm »

Ash, you should absolutely not change your style. I'm terrible and reading it, and it seems others are as well, but it's definitely fun to try and figure it out. Different styles are great, and make the mafia experience more fun. Overall, your playstyle makes mafia games that you're in more fun, and that's always a great thing.

I do think though that you are really hard to read, which explains your awesome record as scum and less awesome record as town.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: August 21, 2013, 11:08:52 pm »

I think the only person that ended up guessing was mail-mi. The flavor was fun to write, but ended up not being quite as coherent as I wanted it to be. I was just a tad too busy for that. But I think the people that have seen CLUE enjoyed the quoting mashups.

Ultimately the flavor was supposed to indicate that it was Miss Scarlett but I think too many lose ends were not resolved... and once I saw most people weren't quite as interested in participating with it I basically dropped it so I could concentrate on other things.

But I was Miss Scarlett!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Mafia Wins
« Reply #2031 on: August 22, 2013, 02:21:24 am »

Ash, your town play infuriates me when I'm town. I can't recall the last game we played together as town where we didn't end up eating a portion of d1 fighting with each other and counter accusing each other.

That said, after I've moved past "God is Ash infuriating", you're pretty damn easy for me to read as town. Like, we go through the motions every game, but it always leaves me better able to read you. And ultimately I care more about that than I do about getting frustrated at various times. The frustration leads to better reads... so I've got no complaints.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: August 22, 2013, 12:09:20 pm »

Sorry if I seemed to want you all the change around me.  I definitely don't.  I think how players react to my play helps me (and others, actually) scumhunt.  You, of all players, definitely get it.  I think that's maybe because you are so diametrically opposed to a lot of what I do, but realize the reasoning behind it most of the time.

I just think town!ash is a problem for scumteams--more than town gives me credit for.

Ash just so you know I feel 100% the opposite. Personally, I think you are an amazing player, I think you are terrifying to play against when I'm scum, and extremely dangerous when you are scum. I mean I had the pleasure of knowing you were scum in our previous argument where you very talentedly convinced town I was scum.

So baisically I look at you play and assume that whatever you are doing it is helping your team. The downside to this is in this game you happened to be wrong. TA was town, you have to expect to take alot of heat for the fact that you hounded a fellow townie to the grave. That's absolutely fine, we all make mistakes I just expect such good play from you when you make a mistake, I cannot believe it and assume you are scum.

I think we all love that your playstyle engages everyone and really does help your team(most of the time)
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Mafia Wins
« Reply #2033 on: August 22, 2013, 12:40:14 pm »

If I had to describe it, I'd say that your playstyle (town or scum) ash always reads to me as high risk, high reward. It infuriates me when it's going badly when you're town because I can't tell whose side you're on, but when you pull something off that works it's pretty great. Practice makes perfect right?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: August 22, 2013, 01:43:11 pm »

So baisically I look at you play and assume that whatever you are doing it is helping your team. The downside to this is in this game you happened to be wrong. TA was town, you have to expect to take alot of heat for the fact that you hounded a fellow townie to the grave.

I think we all love that your playstyle engages everyone and really does help your team(most of the time)

I like your contributions, Ash.  The only problem I have seen is the fastening on someone and deciding they are scum to the point where you stop helping out in any other scum-hunting (or decide to vig them ;)). 

I wonder what we would find if we looked all the times a player has felt totally convinced someone is scum and then looked at the number of times they were right.  I bet the accuracy rate would not be much better than chance.  This includes me, too.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82]  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.