Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 180065 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 1 start!)
« Reply #675 on: April 03, 2014, 01:16:12 am »

I wouldn't go for a Jimmmmm over sudgy or even Andrew. He's null/slight Town for me, so I'd rather lynch someone scummier.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 03, 2014, 01:18:38 am »

Is a new wagon viable?  Sorryimlurkingjimmmmm can be scum jimmmmm.  See super Mario early.

I don't know if it is viable... there is only one way to find out? Asking isn't going to help us find out, we would have to try it to see

I think scum is interested in trying to get a new wagon going when it isn't viable, is my point.  So folks deflecting from sudgy/Andrew when they say they have scum reads on them is at least mildly susipicious.

you have been subtly trying to say I am scum pretty much the whole game...

why is that?
Is there still support for an ashersky lynch?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 03, 2014, 01:28:02 am »

Is a new wagon viable?  Sorryimlurkingjimmmmm can be scum jimmmmm.  See super Mario early.

I don't know if it is viable... there is only one way to find out? Asking isn't going to help us find out, we would have to try it to see

I think scum is interested in trying to get a new wagon going when it isn't viable, is my point.  So folks deflecting from sudgy/Andrew when they say they have scum reads on them is at least mildly susipicious.

you have been subtly trying to say I am scum pretty much the whole game...

why is that?

Because I believe it is true.  I have yet to see anything compelling to say Andrew is town, and yet we've had sly moves away from him.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 03, 2014, 02:56:30 am »

Jimmmmm is my lynch of choice.
vote: jimmmmm

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 03, 2014, 04:10:40 am »

Yuma, are you willing to lynch ash?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 03, 2014, 04:14:03 am »

Yuma, are you willing to lynch ash?

Is this still your gut/omgus thing?

I love it.  I mention you as a lynch candidate for D1 and now you are active and tunneling with no case.  That's the absolute definition of omgus.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 03, 2014, 04:20:44 am »

What looks scummy to me is that whenever you mention me, it's to cast suspicion on without reasons scum would act the way I'm acting and without a vote that would be visible later.
You didn't respond to this, and I'd like to point out that you're also doing this to some other players as well, and I thought yuma just noticed that.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 03, 2014, 04:25:54 am »

What looks scummy to me is that whenever you mention me, it's to cast suspicion on without reasons scum would act the way I'm acting and without a vote that would be visible later.
You didn't respond to this, and I'd like to point out that you're also doing this to some other players as well, and I thought yuma just noticed that.

Dude, go read my case on you then say this again.  I reread and referred to your posts, even.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 03, 2014, 04:29:37 am »

I posted that after you posted your case on me.

BTW, the only thing I did you said was scummy was that I didn't move my vote onto you fast enough, and I responded to that.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 03, 2014, 04:59:11 am »

Woah, what the hell happened here?

Can everyone who was previously on the Andrew wagon and changed now please state why their current vote is a better lynch than Andrew?

Otherwise, I'm lost here. My vote stays on Andrew since that seems the best lynch both because of the odds that he is scum and for information.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 03, 2014, 05:21:32 am »

I posted that after you posted your case on me.

BTW, the only thing I did you said was scummy was that I didn't move my vote onto you fast enough, and I responded to that.

Are we talking about the same post?

You are saying I only mention you to cast suspicion without reason.  But I posted a case, so clearly it isn't without reason.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 03, 2014, 05:28:15 am »

Can everyone who was previously on the Andrew wagon and changed now please state why their current vote is a better lynch than Andrew?

Otherwise, I'm lost here. My vote stays on Andrew since that seems the best lynch both because of the odds that he is scum and for information.

Ashersky is a better lynch because he is more likely to get mislynches through. Andrew acted scummily at the beginning of the day, but he hasn't done anything recently that screams scum. Ash, on the other hand, far from being aggressive as you guys say is normal for him, has been insinuating that some people are scum without building a strong case or placing his vote. Spreading suspicion is a classic scum tell. He's also been making fun of me instead of arguing that I'm town, which makes me think he knows I'm town but still wants to discredit my reads and make other people think I'm scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 03, 2014, 05:32:18 am »

Why would I argue you are town?

I am not, nor have I been, making fun of you.  Calling out ridiculous behavior is different.

You have come out of nowhere to omgus me.  There's nothing to respond to, and you are doing a great job of showing how scummy you are without my help.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 03, 2014, 05:33:28 am »

Targeted re-read of Xerxes, who's had a grand total of 7 posts.

1 - votes for faust after the "If I was Mordeth" comment
2 - flavor claims egwene (pronounced Egg Weenee from now on), asks if anyone is going to a meeting
3 - votes for Andrew for his reaction to the scumslip argument, called it "too much self-awareness for town"
4 - expands on Andrew, says it looks like he combed his post to be as towny as possible
5 - fine with his Andrew vote, says Andrew ignored his explanation, slight scum read on ash out of the blue (basically OMGUS for me mentioning he'd be a good yumavig.)
6 - gives a 3-2-1-4 answer, saying that ash scum/Andrew town is most likely.  Inconsistent with votes and statements.
7 - edit for clarification, not a separate post

So...not a strong showing from Xerxes here.  I find his ranking that ash scum/Andrew town is his top choice in the pairings very odd, given his points on Andrew and his "fine with my vote" comment.  Inconsistency isn't always an alignment tell, but it's something that's noticed anyway.
This is your case.
10 posts after that comes this, of which both parts of it, as far as I can tell, haven't been responded to.

I'm not much of a person for cases; you haven't voted me yet, so it's not true OMGUS. What looks scummy to me is that whenever you mention me, it's to cast suspicion on without reasons scum would act the way I'm acting and without a vote that would be visible later.

It's not inconsistent to think that you have a higher than average chance of being scum and that Andrew does too without thinking both of you are scum. I'd still be voting Andrew except that it looks like it's going nowhere and fewer people have noticed your scumminess.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 03, 2014, 05:34:33 am »

And if "better at getting mislynched through" is our criteria for lynching, I might as well never sign up for a game.  Just because I'm a strong scum player doesn't mean you should lynch me every day.  Ask Robz and Yuma and others how that works out.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: April 03, 2014, 05:38:39 am »

Part 1: you say I mention you to cast suspicion without reason.  This is in response to my post where I reread you and made a case on you.  That's called "reason."  So part 1 is a nonsense statement.

Part 2: you say it isn't inconsistent to think that I have a higher chance of being scum after you state a bigger Scumread on Andrew.  But it is inconsistent.  Here's your statements put another way.

I think Andrew looks around 18 years old.  Ashersky looks maybe 16.  I think ashersky has a better chance of being 18 than Andrew based on looks.

That is inconsistent, man.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 03, 2014, 05:42:52 am »

I am willing to lynch jimm because of his low profile this game. I am voting for him right now because yuma tried to get a wagon going, witch I support.

I am still willing to lynch Andrew as well, and I wil jump back if others do.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 03, 2014, 05:53:00 am »

Ashersky is a better lynch because he is more likely to get mislynches through. Andrew acted scummily at the beginning of the day, but he hasn't done anything recently that screams scum. Ash, on the other hand, far from being aggressive as you guys say is normal for him, has been insinuating that some people are scum without building a strong case or placing his vote. Spreading suspicion is a classic scum tell. He's also been making fun of me instead of arguing that I'm town, which makes me think he knows I'm town but still wants to discredit my reads and make other people think I'm scum.

Ashersky is good at pushing his cases all the way to a lynch, whether they are correct or mislynches. True. But I do not think he has worse reads than the average guy, so there is no reason we should get more mislynches by keeping Ash around.

Andrew was scummy the first few days, as you said. It is not like he has changed allignment since then, so that is still something worth voting for. I think you should change your vote back to Andrew.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 03, 2014, 08:13:05 am »

Okay. So yet again I have put myself in a situation where I have very few solid reads and it'll be a real struggle to really get myself into the game prior to more things happening that I actually pay attention to when they happen. I've repeatedly shown that having stretches of disengagement from the game is not an alignment-tell for me, and while that's not a reputation that I'm comfortable with, it keeps coming back to me - I need to be more consistent with putting effort into games that I've signed up for.

So, here's where I'm at right now. I'm still up for lynching Andrew. I still don't want to lynch yuma or ash. That's about it at this point, other than to say sudgy seems like a potentially easy mislynch. I think I'm still voting for him from way back, so I should Unvote.

I'll try to re-read a couple of people before I go to bed.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 03, 2014, 08:18:25 am »

Let me illustrate my point with an analogy.  Say townies are given a fair die, while Mafia are given a die with 1/3 chance of 6, 1/6 of 5, and the rest of the digits have the same chance. Whenever someone posts, they roll their die and show it publicly.

Andrew rolled 6, 5, 1, 6, 4, 5, 3, 2. I thought he was scum at the beginning, but now I'm not as sure, while ash rolled 4, 3, 1, 5, 3, 6, 2, 6, 6, 5. I changed my mind over time on them, but wasn't inconsistent.  I'm still okay with an Andrew lynch, but if he turns up town, I'm definitely going to look at ash.

Vote: Andrew because I need to have my vote on scum who might be lynchable.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 03, 2014, 08:31:21 am »

Let me illustrate my point with an analogy.  Say townies are given a fair die, while Mafia are given a die with 1/3 chance of 6, 1/6 of 5, and the rest of the digits have the same chance. Whenever someone posts, they roll their die and show it publicly.

Andrew rolled 6, 5, 1, 6, 4, 5, 3, 2. I thought he was scum at the beginning, but now I'm not as sure, while ash rolled 4, 3, 1, 5, 3, 6, 2, 6, 6, 5. I changed my mind over time on them, but wasn't inconsistent.  I'm still okay with an Andrew lynch, but if he turns up town, I'm definitely going to look at ash.

Vote: Andrew because I need to have my vote on scum who might be lynchable.

Dice Mafia should be opening soon. You should definitely join!

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 03, 2014, 09:28:10 am »

Traveling all day today, not sure when I'll be able to be post or even check this out.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 03, 2014, 09:30:28 am »

Re-read Xerxes. The only thing that stood out to me was this:

I'll go 3-2-1-4.
I'm really confused by the ash-andrew thing. Both of them are scummy, but it seems unlikely that they would attack eachother that hard as townscum.

This post seems odd to me. How can you be so convinced of the scumminess of two different people on Day 1 that the fact that they seem unlikely to be scumpartners "really confuses" you?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 03, 2014, 10:23:04 am »

Well I am heading to my mother-in-laws for the day, so won't be around much--unless I get on her computer (shrudder.... I think it still uses dial-up?... does that even exist anymore....? either way it is a painfully, slow process). I am kinda ok with a no-lynch, but I fear that if I leave the Andrew wagon will rise again out of convinience and I won't be around to squash it like it should be squashed.

I don't think I would want to lynch ash. I don't know why he keeps saying I am scum but then stating that I can't be with my role... It just seems weird to me.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 03, 2014, 10:34:48 am »

xeiron I'm finding scummy, like he's willing to lynch literally anybody. XP's OMGUS against ash is stirring some warning bells.

People I would like to lynch: sudgy, shraeye (I don't think that's happening though)
People I wouldn't mind lynching: xeiron, XP

I go back and forth on ash, which is what I did all day every day in Super Mario Bros, so yeah, but I don't think I would lynch him today.

I like my vote for sudgy. People should vote for sudgy.

The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.