Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 171465 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Day1)
« Reply #425 on: November 28, 2013, 02:30:39 pm »

Jorbles- tough read as he hasn't said much and I have never played with him. He has been around to comment some, but hasn't given any real content. Slightly scummy until I get some reads from him, but the holidays mess with everyone's schedule, so I will withhold too much judgement until after holidays are over and everyone can post as normal
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 28, 2013, 02:35:36 pm »

I don't really have great posting abilities right now but I will work on getting some reads out there. On my kindle so I won't be able to reference like I enjoy doing, and I will also have to post more slowly. So here are some reads. One at a time.
Jimmmm: a rvs vote on robz then he feels the need to explain his unvote? Makes me think his first vote wasn't really rvs. Gives me a little scum feel on him. His other interactions haven't done anything to change that.
I usually post my summaries in one post (see toy story) but it is hard on my kindle without a keyboard and multiple tabs open to easily reference. So yeah, it does pump up my post count, but D1 post counts are sketchy today because of thanksgiving, so I for one will not give much weight to post count for my D1 vote
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 28, 2013, 02:40:06 pm »

I think someone noted this, but the "x is scummy dude" statement followed by doing x even more, but in a jokey way, is a classic scum way of covering for a mistake.

See 2.7s day passes for an example.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 28, 2013, 02:58:36 pm »

Voltaire is a tough read for me. I really don't know. Some decent content. but not too much. He has some stuff that makes me think town, but then some stuff that doesn't sit quite right. I am not getting big reads in any direction, but rather than null it feels like i need a bit more time and content from him.

PPE: dare I say D1 pass? No, I better not

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 28, 2013, 03:17:11 pm »

My count was off. Only teproc remains.
Teproc- he has asked a bunch of questions, and hasn't answered too many himself. Town PR trying to get a feel for town, or scum? I don't see anything wrong with questions, lean towny. But he did have a scummary post, so definitely scum.

I will consolidate and make a better summary post when I get to a real computer.
Oh and for completion:
2.7- town
Faust-town

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 28, 2013, 04:22:07 pm »

Jorbles- tough read as he hasn't said much and I have never played with him. He has been around to comment some, but hasn't given any real content. Slightly scummy until I get some reads from him, but the holidays mess with everyone's schedule, so I will withhold too much judgement until after holidays are over and everyone can post as normal

I've been giving reads and voting, what do you mean I haven't been giving real content?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 28, 2013, 04:23:17 pm »

I think someone noted this, but the "x is scummy dude" statement followed by doing x even more, but in a jokey way, is a classic scum way of covering for a mistake.

See 2.7s day passes for an example.

Yeah, I tend to agree with this. I'm comfortable with my vote on him.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 28, 2013, 08:00:45 pm »

mcmc- I don't like so many serious votes so early in the day. I have never played with mcmc before, so maybe that is just his style, but it rubs me the wrong way.

vote: 2.71828 absolutely ridiculous.  People seem to think talking about theory and random voting should last the entirety of day 1. It rubs you the wrong way that I am seriously scum hunting??? Must be because your scum.
This strikes me as...absolutely ridiculous. That's a fallacy, by the way. Called Ad Populum, am I right? Also, Who is this someone? I would like to meet him one day. Sounds like an interesting person.

As for the vigilante idea, don't shoot. You could end up hitting one of us, or maybe your gun will jam and while you're fixing it a big cardboard box might fall on top of you and Amazon will pick it off and ship you to themselves and then flush you down the biggest toilet in the world which happens to have been moved to Greenland and while your still fixing your gun the box will hit an iceberg and not only will you die but the box will as well.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 28, 2013, 08:29:15 pm »

As for the vigilante idea, don't shoot. You could end up hitting one of us, or maybe your gun will jam and while you're fixing it a big cardboard box might fall on top of you and Amazon will pick it off and ship you to themselves and then flush you down the biggest toilet in the world which happens to have been moved to Greenland and while your still fixing your gun the box will hit an iceberg and not only will you die but the box will as well.
this seems very similar to this situation. Town is the plant at the end.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 28, 2013, 08:44:50 pm »

this seems very similar to this situation. Town is the plant at the end.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 28, 2013, 08:45:33 pm »

Mmm. Not quite. The only thing that is similar is the box. Good try though.
Hey, I never asked you. Would you like an apple?

Mad, I tell you.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 28, 2013, 09:09:14 pm »

Mmm. Not quite. The only thing that is similar is the box. Good try though.
Hey, I never asked you. Would you like an apple?
the box and destruction at the end. An apple would be nice. Fuji is the best for eating, but in light of thanksgiving, I might want some granny smith to make an apple pie with.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 28, 2013, 09:58:00 pm »

Fresh out of Granny Smith. Lots of people want one these days. My annoying brother got the last 15. As for destruction, well. We are all doomed to die in the end. Why not that much sooner?

Mad, I tell you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 28, 2013, 10:09:57 pm »

So...back to really playing?

I'm laughing and all, but this is really distracting from the scum hunting.  Unless that's your point?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 28, 2013, 10:23:43 pm »

I'm laughing and all, but this is really distracting from the scum hunting.  Unless that's your point?

Yup, I don't think he is scum simply because I don't believe(correct me if I am wrong) 2.7 has not been around long enough to pull of the interaction with morgrim if they were scum partners. And I think 2.7 is scum.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 28, 2013, 10:44:32 pm »

Are you suggesting that me and 2.7 are scum? If we were, don't you think that we would be smart enough not to do something you would immediately suspect us for, like talking about every day things during a mafia game?
And my point wasn't to make you laugh, it was to have a conversation. If I made you laugh, I'm sorry.
Not that I think you're scum, of course.

Mad, I tell you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 28, 2013, 10:58:37 pm »

Are you suggesting that me and 2.7 are scum? If we were, don't you think that we would be smart enough not to do something you would immediately suspect us for, like talking about every day things during a mafia game?
And my point wasn't to make you laugh, it was to have a conversation. If I made you laugh, I'm sorry.
Not that I think you're scum, of course.

My thought was that you (Morgrim7) could be scum (or a boat), and therefore looking to distract everyone (an armada) from scum hunting.

I did not assume you and 2.7 were scum together.  In fact, I think if one of you is scum, the other isn't.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 28, 2013, 11:28:38 pm »

You and rocky both. Interesting.

Mad, I tell you.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 29, 2013, 12:52:32 am »

Aight I'm back. Not a whole lot since last time, I trust many of you are happily stuffed with stuffing and tryptophan!

I would also like clarification about the scummaries quip Robz. Are you calling me scummy, or e, or both? Or was it just sort of an off-handed aphorism?

Morgrim is being silly, but that's fine by me. You know I like a good laugh and if that's how he expresses himself, great. Better than lurking. The true intentions will (hopefully) bubble to the surface eventually.

Meanwhile such silliness does not seem as much in character for e. It feels like a distraction to me, like he's happy to seize on the opportunity to diffuse the attention on him. The separation of reads is a little weird but doesn't bother me so much; I can understand the limitations of posting from a suboptimal device.

mcmc, the fact that you think e is scummy is fine. Obviously I do too at the moment. It was in particular the post where you actually voted for him that seemed weird; a combination of the timing and semi-OMGUS-ishness that just made it feel somewhat off. As I said in the last post, I'm a little wary of how quickly the e wagon has grown. I voted for him, and very quickly a few others voted for him as well. Maybe they just reached the same conclusion as I did. But I'm not used to being so influential lol
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 29, 2013, 04:38:13 am »

Walrus, what do you mean, the wagon on e has grown quickly? As I can see it, he's at two votes right now, I wouldn't even call that a wagon.

But you know what, let's make it one. Vote: e He seems scummy enough.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 29, 2013, 04:44:00 am »

My count was off. Only teproc remains.
Teproc- he has asked a bunch of questions, and hasn't answered too many himself. Town PR trying to get a feel for town, or scum? I don't see anything wrong with questions, lean towny. But he did have a scummary post, so definitely scum.

Role fishing much? Also, if you think he's scum, why don't you vote?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 29, 2013, 05:25:37 am »

Actually that makes four votes faust (Walrus, mcmcsalot, Jorbles, you). Considering he is on the 2.7 wagon, I don't think Walrus finds the wagon scummy, just mcmc's vote in particular, which I agree with. Mcmc has responded that he was frustrated by the contradictions on his level of activity (first criticised for being a lurker, then for being suspiciously active). That explains the tone of his post, but the timing is still scummy to me.

I don't think 2.7 was rolefishing here. I mean, there's no way a PR would actually respond to that kind of comment, I assumed he was just thinking out loud basically.

Morgrim : I'm "rocky" I guess ? Apparently even usernames have to be deciphered in your post, how wonderfully helpful of you. I'm actually more than annoyed now, I think this could genuinely be scum hiding in plain sight. Empty posts, and the perfect meta defense for it. In fact, he seems more "crazy" here than in the early games I've seen him in, where he at least seemed somewhat involved in the game, and I don't remember him being this cryptic.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 29, 2013, 07:54:07 am »

I don't think 2.7 was rolefishing here. I mean, there's no way a PR would actually respond to that kind of comment, I assumed he was just thinking out loud basically.

But it's scummy to say that. Like, it's the thing a traitor would want to say. Giving your fellow scum hints at who you think the town PRs are.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 29, 2013, 07:55:47 am »

Vote Count 1.7

Robz (1): Teproc
Jimmmmm (2): ashersky, Robz
2.7 (4): Walrus, mcmcsalot, Jorbles, Faust
ashersky (1): Voltaire
mcmcsalot (1): Jimmmmm

Not Voting (3): Morgrim, manda, 2.7

Day1 will end in 12 days (10+2 for Thanksgiving) on December 4 at 10 pm forum time

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 29, 2013, 08:37:04 am »

But it's scummy to say that. Like, it's the thing a traitor would want to say. Giving your fellow scum hints at who you think the town PRs are.
But you said we are under the assumption that scum have daychat.  Yet you contradict yourself here.  If I were scum, I would have no need to send subliminal messages that I think teproc has some sort of town PR.  #discredittheIC

also, it was never said explicitly by a mod so

Mods, with 12 alive it takes 6 or 7 to lynch?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.