Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)  (Read 118548 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)
« Reply #950 on: November 13, 2013, 01:03:04 pm »

My case on you has absolutely nothing to do with you being alive at this point.

I am aware, you think mafia killed Robz as PR hunting. But here I am responding to your quote from the beginning of day2 where I did fully expect you to come in making that sort of a case because you had brought it up so consistently throughout day1.

or rather your quote of me from day2 that you just referenced a few posts up.... (this type of language always gets me confused. Hopefully you know what I am talking about here).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 13, 2013, 01:14:07 pm »

Just posting to say I'm here.

I agree with whoever said that we surely have scum in our crosshairs now. It's super interesting for me, because basically out of the three most likely looking candidates right now, I know myself to be town and strongly suspect both of the others (and not even for self-preservation reasons).

I'm going back and forth with whom I like more, Voltaire or Walrus, but ultimately I'll be really freaking glad if it's not me.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 13, 2013, 01:18:00 pm »

I agree with whoever said that we surely have scum in our crosshairs now. It's super interesting for me, because basically out of the three most likely looking candidates right now, I know myself to be town and strongly suspect both of the others (and not even for self-preservation reasons).

I'm going back and forth with whom I like more, Voltaire or Walrus, but ultimately I'll be really freaking glad if it's not me.

That would be me, one of your two.  ;D

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 13, 2013, 01:36:54 pm »

Teproc, Eevee and Voltaire are the 3 people on Walrus.  Is anyone else considering voting Walrus? 

Walrus, mail-mi and yuma are on Voltaire.  Eevee is also considering him. 

Who here is open to an Eevee lynch?
I'm on Voltaire? I prefer walrus.

sorry mail-mi, you are right.  Why do you prefer Walrus? 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 13, 2013, 01:45:07 pm »

Teproc, Eevee and Voltaire are the 3 people on Walrus.  Is anyone else considering voting Walrus? 

Eevee was the one on Voltaire.  Teproc on Walrus.  So we have 3 votes for Voltaire, 3 for Walrus, and me. 

People voting Voltaire, what do you make of Voltaire pointing out two or three times that Teproc was acting against a mafia wincon?  That seems like support mafia could easily avoid giving to town (assuming they are not partners). 

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 13, 2013, 01:46:41 pm »

How is giving town points for that any different from other reasons for giving town points?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 13, 2013, 01:49:03 pm »

Eevee was the one on Voltaire.  Teproc on Walrus.  So we have 3 votes for Voltaire, 3 for Walrus, and me. 

People voting Voltaire, what do you make of Voltaire pointing out two or three times that Teproc was acting against a mafia wincon?  That seems like support mafia could easily avoid giving to town (assuming they are not partners).

It seems to me that this is very easy towncredit to be giving out. Teproc was never a very likely lynch candidate from the beginning of day2. So if he is mafia, he is giving a strong townread and towncredit to the person least likely to be lynched (aside from the IC). It isn't a very big risk. And look it has paid off. Teproc isn't voting voltaire nor does it appear he ever will. If Teproc is town he won his support.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 13, 2013, 01:50:21 pm »

It seems to me that this is very easy towncredit to be giving out. Teproc was never a very likely lynch candidate from the beginning of day2. So if he is mafia, he is giving a strong townread and towncredit to the person least likely to be lynched (aside from the IC). It isn't a very big risk. And look it has paid off. Teproc isn't voting voltaire nor does it appear he ever will. If Teproc is town he won his support.

Yes, and you worked as hard as possible to prevent Teproc from becoming obv!town.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 13, 2013, 01:51:48 pm »

Yes, and you worked as hard as possible to prevent Teproc from becoming obv!town.

Did I? Back that up. Show me and everyone. Because I would say I have expressed some doubt (necessary doubt considering the circumstances) compared to you... but "worked as hard as possible" that seems like a gross overstatement.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 13, 2013, 02:01:42 pm »

Oh this too, absolutely.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: November 13, 2013, 02:05:55 pm »

Did I? Back that up. Show me and everyone. Because I would say I have expressed some doubt (necessary doubt considering the circumstances) compared to you... but "worked as hard as possible" that seems like a gross overstatement.

You know if you did or not.

And "expressing doubt" is all you need to do. Of course you wouldn't run around saying "dudez teproc is so scummmmmm," but making sure that people keep questioning themselves is what scum needs to do. You said it yourself in your case on EFHW, scum has to avoid anyone becoming obvtown.

The below is not every single post or quote, because if you are scum what you are doing is trying to refute individual points and not the whole - ie how they affect the flow and direction of the conversation we're having today.

Reverse order:

I am ready and willing to vote for voltaire, but again wonder about teproc and mail-mi.

You have to assume 4 different things before you arrive at a conclusion. That isn't good. I agree that mail-mi and teproc probably shouldn't be the lynch candidates for today, which means I should only be looking at Walrus, eevee and voltaire...

But I want to take in everything (including associations with mail-mi and teproc) in trying to figure out which one is mafia/partners. Not doing so excludes possibilities that are very real and doesn't result in incredibly shaky results.

I am not really considering teproc a lynch for today, but I am keeping him very much in the back of my mind because I do think it is a realistic possibility that he is in fact scum, especially as it appears other players appear to not be.

How is teproc's play to his detriment if he is scum. I lean with you that he is more likely town than scum, but I think you and others are giving him far more credit than deserved based solely off chair's /outing from the game, which as I explained before I think chairs would have done regardless of his alignment.

I do think teproc is playing well. I disagree with some of his points and he isn't currently at the top of my list, but I dont' think we can just give him a pass and not look at him as potential scum. Doing so I think is dangerous. Same, but inverse with mail-mi.

We also need to discuss if we really think that chairs/teproc is town. It seems like most players gave chairs a town read toward the end of the day--I think a lot of that might have been sympathy reads (I know I felt bad that he was /outing and it is hard to lynch someone you feel bad for, that is just psychological behavior)

(now that last one is quite reasonable. But it's worth remembering the timeline - you say this, start of day, cool cool. Then you do a case on EFHW, it blows up, we have an IC now, you start questioning Teproc way more)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: November 13, 2013, 02:18:55 pm »

Dad came now, i'll be back before the deadline at least to vote but no access for a while.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 13, 2013, 02:20:00 pm »

You know if you did or not.

And "expressing doubt" is all you need to do. Of course you wouldn't run around saying "dudez teproc is so scummmmmm," but making sure that people keep questioning themselves is what scum needs to do. You said it yourself in your case on EFHW, scum has to avoid anyone becoming obvtown.

The below is not every single post or quote, because if you are scum what you are doing is trying to refute individual points and not the whole - ie how they affect the flow and direction of the conversation we're having today.

Reverse order:

I am ready and willing to vote for voltaire, but again wonder about teproc and mail-mi.

You have to assume 4 different things before you arrive at a conclusion. That isn't good. I agree that mail-mi and teproc probably shouldn't be the lynch candidates for today, which means I should only be looking at Walrus, eevee and voltaire...

But I want to take in everything (including associations with mail-mi and teproc) in trying to figure out which one is mafia/partners. Not doing so excludes possibilities that are very real and doesn't result in incredibly shaky results.

I am not really considering teproc a lynch for today, but I am keeping him very much in the back of my mind because I do think it is a realistic possibility that he is in fact scum, especially as it appears other players appear to not be.

How is teproc's play to his detriment if he is scum. I lean with you that he is more likely town than scum, but I think you and others are giving him far more credit than deserved based solely off chair's /outing from the game, which as I explained before I think chairs would have done regardless of his alignment.

I do think teproc is playing well. I disagree with some of his points and he isn't currently at the top of my list, but I dont' think we can just give him a pass and not look at him as potential scum. Doing so I think is dangerous. Same, but inverse with mail-mi.

We also need to discuss if we really think that chairs/teproc is town. It seems like most players gave chairs a town read toward the end of the day--I think a lot of that might have been sympathy reads (I know I felt bad that he was /outing and it is hard to lynch someone you feel bad for, that is just psychological behavior)

(now that last one is quite reasonable. But it's worth remembering the timeline - you say this, start of day, cool cool. Then you do a case on EFHW, it blows up, we have an IC now, you start questioning Teproc way more)

I know that I expressed doubt. I already said that. And it is reasonable doubt. But look at what you said... the part that I bolded at the top... "worked as hard as possible." This is what I want backed up. Because now you are saying, "all I needed to do" which to me is very different from "worked as hard as possible." For me to have worked as hard as possible would have required... well a lot more work. Say a Teproc reread. Haven't really done one of those (because there hasn't really been a need and other factors)

Next lets look at the quotes that you pull from me.... Parts that are important are bolded...  Three of the quotes you pull have me saying something to the effect of "teproc is not the lynch for today" I am pretty sure I make that statement elsewhere as well....

So you are saying that I am trying to cast suspicion on teproc... by saying he shouldn't be lynched today?

I think it is very reasonable to try and be doubtful of teproc... Being 100% sure he is town just spells potential disaster for town. You don't really seem to realize this and now are casting suspicion on me for making sure all our bases are covered.

And last point. Voltaire has spinned this whole conversation about something that he has done that is potentially scummy (something I brought up because EFHW asked about it) into a conversation about me instead.... while not really addressing the points about him being scummy...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 13, 2013, 03:10:40 pm »

And last point. Voltaire has spinned this whole conversation about something that he has done that is potentially scummy (something I brought up because EFHW asked about it) into a conversation about me instead.... while not really addressing the points about him being scummy...

Nice try. I am scummy for giving town cred to Teproc, which...is also what you are doing (for today at least). Does not compute.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 13, 2013, 03:29:31 pm »

Ok, I think people can put

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 13, 2013, 03:30:28 pm »

Nice try. I am scummy for giving town cred to Teproc, which...is also what you are doing (for today at least). Does not compute.

Sorry. You are right, I typed that up too quickly. EFHW asked us what we made of you giving Teproc towncred... she wondered if that gave you towncred. I showed that it doesn't and so doesn't negate the scumread that I have on you. But what is scummy is moving the conversation away from yourself and onto me.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 13, 2013, 03:32:45 pm »

Sorry, on phone.  We can put people at L-1 now, just be careful re cross posting.  Also since I will probably die tonight I want to make reads post before any hammer.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 13, 2013, 03:34:11 pm »

State intents to hammer, too.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 13, 2013, 03:34:39 pm »

Sorry. You are right, I typed that up too quickly. EFHW asked us what we made of you giving Teproc towncred... she wondered if that gave you towncred. I showed that it doesn't and so doesn't negate the scumread that I have on you. But what is scummy is moving the conversation away from yourself and onto me.

Town can talk about two things at once. I answered the questions about me (insufficiently, in your opinion) and stated something about you. Also the question EFHW asked was not really meant for me to reply to anyway, so it's not so much "moving the conversation away" so much as me just still participating at all.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 13, 2013, 03:37:53 pm »

I won't be at a computer until 630 probably.  I am still against a Walrus lynch. 

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 13, 2013, 03:39:23 pm »

Town can talk about two things at once. I answered the questions about me (insufficiently, in your opinion) and stated something about you. Also the question EFHW asked was not really meant for me to reply to anyway, so it's not so much "moving the conversation away" so much as me just still participating at all.

Sure... but what gets me is that I am answering a question from EFHW. She asked. I responded... and gave my thoughts. My thoughts included some ideas that pointed to you potentially being scum.

But then you jump on me by saying: "Something to note: yuma has planted the seeds of discrediting me every time he talks about me." Which to me makes it look like the entire point of my post was to discredit you. No. The entire point was to answer EFHW's question. If not for her question I wouldn't have posted those thoughts... they were prompted by an IC's question--hence why IC's are great, they get you thinking about things you otherwise wouldn't--so I think you saying that I am trying to discredit you when all I am doing is answering an IC's query is... well... a stretch.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 13, 2013, 03:47:59 pm »

I don't think I have.

The big thing is that we seem to think very similarly, to a point that I don't believe it's faked. I read his posts and they often say pretty much what I was thinking. I have a hard time believing scum could do that.

Now I have disagreed with him a few times (looking for scumpairs is not good I think), but I will also say that his day 2 seems very towny overall. The theory talk isn't very relevant, but he certainly didn't seem to have any ulterior motives there, and then he spent his time scumhunting. His dismissal of mail-mi is, I think, a necessity because you have to exclude some people from your lynch pool : I am doing something similar with Eevee actually.

Then there's the buddying he's been doing towards me, which worried me at first, but then got so over the top that I have a hard time believing it's a scum tactic (I recognize that it could be though).

It's not that I don't have doubts about him, it's that I feel like they're more due to the fear of being duped (kind of what you're saying about me actually), and I don't think that's a very constructive way to think about this game. At this point, you have to trust somebody. I will certainly question this a lot more if we're both alive day 3, but for now I don't feel comfortable voting for him when pretty much all the other options are more appealing to me.

PPE: 5 unread replies

All the other options?  You say you rule out Eevee, so who do you mean?  And why did you rule out Eevee, btw? 

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 13, 2013, 03:48:39 pm »

But then you jump on me by saying: "Something to note: yuma has planted the seeds of discrediting me every time he talks about me." Which to me makes it look like the entire point of my post was to discredit you. No. The entire point was to answer EFHW's question. If not for her question I wouldn't have posted those thoughts... they were prompted by an IC's question--hence why IC's are great, they get you thinking about things you otherwise wouldn't--so I think you saying that I am trying to discredit you when all I am doing is answering an IC's query is... well... a stretch.

Fair point if you're town. I still think it's possible we're on the same team. But what you said also fits a pattern, regardless of what prompted it, and I stand by what I pointed out.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 13, 2013, 03:54:50 pm »

Walrus, you said you agree with Eevee that Voltaire's reads don't feel genuine.  Can you elaborate with some examples of your own?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 13, 2013, 03:55:25 pm »

All the other options?  You say you rule out Eevee, so who do you mean?  And why did you rule out Eevee, btw? 

By all the other options, I mean Walrus, mail-mi and yuma.

I've said this in my POE post, but I don't see what scummy things Eevee has done. The only ones I see are being absent at the end of day 1 and not elaborating on his case on Walrus after saying he would. His recent posts have only comforted me in this. He hasn't posted much (before recently), but when he has, he's been mostly townie in my eyes.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 16 queries.