Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (Game over, Ice Mafia win!)  (Read 140886 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (DAY 2 START!!)
« Reply #975 on: November 16, 2013, 01:15:19 pm »

So according to my stats, archetype has only been mafia twice.

Once in Bankers

The other in BlitzM5

I went back and looked at these two games.

First off post counts from these two games:
Blitz:
Archetype - 30
C_Frisk - 65
Eevee - 50
Galz - 48
Insomniac - 37
Jimmmmm - 36
Robz - 47
shraeye - 47

Bankers:

Eevee - 221
Ozle - 169
ashersky - 352
mail-mi - 95
liopoil - 223
raerae - 131
Kooshie - 38
sudgy - 167
mcmc - 136
xeiron - 13
Archetype - 50
Jorbles - 139
Lekkit - 73
yuma - 322
Jimmmmm - 246
Insomniac - 52

So both games he was on the lower end:

It is worth keeping in mind that in Bankers he came in as a sub, but I specifically remember trying over and over and over again to get him to post something of substance and consistently getting nothing out of him:

Holy crap, L-2. Sheesh.

Yeah, I'm here. Still on page 20 of the reread. I promise I'll have it done by tomorrow.

Hey, guys please dont lynch me. As some of you are aware, I'm V/LA and am only on mobile. I promise to give this top priority (Well, 2nd. I have the BMX stuff) when I get back. I don't mind too much if you lynch me, but at least give me a chance to defend myself.

He also has some big catch up read like posts when he does come back that I will link here and here that are reticent of his catch up posts in this game.

For the Blitz game it is hard to compare those cause blitz is such a different animal... but basically arch just played up his scummy meta and people didn't lynch him because of it... same as here...

Man, I knew that Archetype was scum here.  He responded way too willingly to my ridiculous 'talk or die!!' post.
I was SO scummy! I'm surprised I didn't get lynched D1!

But thank you Insomniac!

Mafia MVP: Insomniac

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: November 16, 2013, 01:39:03 pm »

Eevee: has significantly more posts and content on D2 than he did D1. I think this is either: scum who realized after D1 that he needs to up his contributions (which weren't all that low anyway), or town who suddenly has lots more to talk about! Or maybe null because he just happened to have more time to post now than he did before. But between the town/scum scenarios, I think the town is more likely.
e has rocketed up the scum ladder today.
rereading day 2/catching up and wow, this, first and foremost this.
I don't like either of these posts... why??

This post responding to Robz's case is very convincing.

I can't find where he explains his scumread on E. I'm sure it's there somewhere...

Well, even from all that content, I'm still pretty null on him. Maybe slight town, and I don't want to lynch him today because a) I don't have a real reason to suspect him and b) he's contributing.

Jimmmmm: Never really said much D1, but that's okay because he subbed. but his posts D2 have been very low content too... I'm not against lynching him, but I don't see why he would be a better lynch than arch or gveoniz.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 16, 2013, 01:43:31 pm »

So, summary:

Want to Lynch: gveoniz, archetype
Willing to Lynch: Robz888, Jimmmmm
Don't want to lynch: Yuma, sudgy, eevee, E
Won't lynch: Liopoil, Voltaire

I'll Vote: Gveoniz to see if there's support for that because I slightly prefer it over archetype, but if there isn't I will voice intent to vote for archetype

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: November 16, 2013, 02:59:59 pm »

So, summary:

Want to Lynch: gveoniz, archetype
Willing to Lynch: Robz888, Jimmmmm
Don't want to lynch: Yuma, sudgy, eevee, E
Won't lynch: Liopoil, Voltaire

I'll Vote: Gveoniz to see if there's support for that because I slightly prefer it over archetype, but if there isn't I will voice intent to vote for archetype

I'm willing to vote Gveoniz, and would rather him than Arch.

Also, sorry for almost hammering Arch.  I thought he had barely any votes.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: November 16, 2013, 03:10:49 pm »

so then do it! with your vote it would be 3 on Gveo and 3 on arch. (granted, yuma will probably revote for arch eventually).

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 16, 2013, 03:15:26 pm »

so then do it! with your vote it would be 3 on Gveo and 3 on arch. (granted, yuma will probably revote for arch eventually).

If one other person votes for Gveo I'll vote for him.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: November 16, 2013, 03:17:39 pm »

Did you guys not read yuma's case on Archetype? I don't know how anyone could read it and go, "eh, he's an okay lynch, but this other lynch on a lurker we don't understand as well is better."
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 16, 2013, 03:24:41 pm »

Did you guys not read yuma's case on Archetype? I don't know how anyone could read it and go, "eh, he's an okay lynch, but this other lynch on a lurker we don't understand as well is better."

exactly... especially when I was also the one who initially brought up the case on Gveo and ultimately felt that it was inconclusive....

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 16, 2013, 03:28:50 pm »

my biggest reservation about lynching arch is that he gets mislynched a lot. it's not enough to make me not want to lynch him, but it's enough to prefer gveoniz. I think that this is probably different from when he has been mislynched, but I'm not certain enough.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 16, 2013, 03:29:45 pm »

Gveo's difference in playstyle is so huge between this and NMIV is why I would rather lynch him.  Arch is a good lynch as well.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 16, 2013, 03:36:05 pm »

Well... I'll say this: I am not lynching Gveo today. I would move to a non-lurker over lynching him at this point.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 16, 2013, 04:31:32 pm »

Reads list!  But looking over it, it's horrible.

Robz888: Nothing sticks out to me.  At all.  Null.
Liopoil: Also nothing sticks out.  Null, but slightly slightly scummy for lurking.
Archetype: Really lurky and not much else, even when asked for a defense.  Scum.
Yuma: Why does nobody have much that sticks out to me?  The only thing yuma has against him is the hammer, but other than that it's been fine.  He seems to be towny, but with the hammer it bring him to null.
e: I find him towny, despite what you say.
Gveoniz: As I've explained earlier, scum.
Eevee: Also null.
Jimmmmm: Null-to-towny, he doesn't remind me of RMM7 scum Jimmmmm.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 16, 2013, 04:37:23 pm »

Reads list!  But looking over it, it's horrible..

then fix it?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 16, 2013, 04:51:45 pm »

player's stances on archetype vs. Gveoniz (G if prefer a Gveoniz lynch, A if prefer archetype lynch):

Liopoil: G
sudgy: G
robz888: A
yuma: A
gveoniz: A (not self)
archetype: G (not self)
Jimmmmm: G probably, because he's voting for him...
E: A probably, because he's voting for him...
eevee: A
I'm not sure who the worst lurker is, but I'll start with Vote: archetype. I have sympathy for Jimmm (and know from other games he really has been super busy), subbing is really hard. liopoil I feeeel is a lurker but our activities may have just been timed differently.

The guys voting for gweo.. the case is alluring, but don't you think his partner would have told him to stop that night 1?
voltaire:
Eh, don't like an arch lynch.
but what does he think of gveoniz...?

looks pretty split, maybe leaning towards archetype a bit.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 16, 2013, 04:55:25 pm »

then fix it?

Horrible as in, lots of null reads.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: November 16, 2013, 04:55:52 pm »

then fix it?

Horrible as in, lots of null reads.

Then fix it?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 16, 2013, 06:46:05 pm »

Only reason I wouldn't go with Archetype is his mislynched meta. His vote on faust was easily the worst (least useful/helpful) of the lot.
my biggest reservation about lynching arch is that he gets mislynched a lot. it's not enough to make me not want to lynch him, but it's enough to prefer gveoniz. I think that this is probably different from when he has been mislynched, but I'm not certain enough.

Really the only reason I am seeing for not lynching archetype is that he has been mislynched a whole lot.  So give him a D1 pass. fine.  Just like you give new players a D1 pass usually.  But as Robz puts it in response to Gveo:
robz: The acceptance of my inactivity is notable D1, not so on D2. I do not like the negative interaction with the IC, but it seems that they get over it.

Well, I generally give a free pass to newbie players on Day 1. That's why your lurking was tolerable yesterday, but not today.

I am totally fine with a D1 pass.  But where does it end? D2?  D3? Never?  He is not even a new player, but has lurked worse than Gveo.  If our doctor comes out and lays out a good reason to lynch Gveo over Archetype, as liopoil pointed out is is pretty split and I will follow the doctor to get a lynch done.  But the only reason NOT to lynch archetype is because of his meta?  The one that yuma did the research to show isn't even really a good excuse?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 16, 2013, 06:53:56 pm »

The one that yuma did the research to show isn't even really a good excuse?

Actually the biggest reason it isn't a good excuse was getting Archetype to acknowledge that his meta is scummy and that he is responsible for it. But hasn't done anything about it this game. Thus he is either town who is refusing to stop playing scummy or he is scum hiding behind a meta. I am leaning behind the later obviously. But either way... if arch wants to stop being mislynched, he has to start doing something about it.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 16, 2013, 07:11:51 pm »

Reads list!  But looking over it, it's horrible.

Robz888: Nothing sticks out to me.  At all.  Null.
Liopoil: Also nothing sticks out.  Null, but slightly slightly scummy for lurking.
Archetype: Really lurky and not much else, even when asked for a defense.  Scum.
Yuma: Why does nobody have much that sticks out to me?  The only thing yuma has against him is the hammer, but other than that it's been fine.  He seems to be towny, but with the hammer it bring him to null.
e: I find him towny, despite what you say.
Gveoniz: As I've explained earlier, scum.
Eevee: Also null.
Jimmmmm: Null-to-towny, he doesn't remind me of RMM7 scum Jimmmmm.

Ugh, this is like the quintessential, "I have no genuine opinions so let me make them up--oh, well that's hard, okay just say a lot of blah--they are going to call me out for this, let me start by acknowledging it--" post. This is actually probably the scummiest thing you've done yet.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 16, 2013, 07:17:48 pm »

Has Archetype resigned himself to getting lynched?  He has posted 6 times today from about 1:30PM to almost 7:00PM including one post where he mentions having 2 hours of free time.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel strongly about making commitments of any type, and this game is a commitment.  Even if you can't put very much into it.  AT LEAST post some thoughts every day.  If you post one in-depth thought about a different person on an average of 18 hours a post, you will have covered 4 people in 72 hours (3 days).  It will take another 3 days to get another 4, but you get my point. 

On the other hand, THE ONLY PLACE GVEO HAS POSTED HIS LAST 6 POSTS IS ON THIS GAME.  That to me says Gveo, while he does not post much and is a definite lurker, is still much more dedicated to this game than Arch.  After looking this up there is actually no way that I will switch my vote off Arch and move to Gveo
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 16, 2013, 07:41:22 pm »

Oh man, that's compelling. And Yuma's right,
... if arch wants to stop being mislynched, he has to start doing something about it.

I'm willing to switch to archetype. Unvote, intent to vote for archetype.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 16, 2013, 08:35:02 pm »

I am totally ok with an immediate lynch.  The votes are there.  Voltaire will be upset (again) but he hasn't posted for almost 24 hours, and especially in a position such as his, you can at least find time to check in and say something.  Or give us the courtesy to say he won't be around.  I am willing to take any and all responsibility for the lynch despite not being the hammer.  So if yuma and liopoil want to go ahead and put the votes together for the hammer, if I am still around D3 I will be more than happy to take any heat from Voltaire being disappointed about the hammer happening before he had a chance for more input.

I am also interested to see if my read was right.  I called him out because he jumped on the popular faust wagon without explanation.  Really, that was the only thing I asked for.  An explanation about that vote.  The only reason it evolved into anything more is because Archetype refused to explain himself.  At All.  I mean, even a "it is a gut feeling plus I really didn't like the 'do not kill' phrase" would have been better than nothing.  I followed up and voted Archetype for the exact same thing at the very start of D2.  Again, asking for a simple answer.  Any answer.  Nothing.

I move to lynch Archetype immediately without any further consideration.  I take full responsibility.  As I alluded to in my previous post but did not say it explicitly: I really don't like quitters.  Archetype, your behavior is one of a quitter.  Especially because of your other activity on this forum ignoring this game.

This is in no way meant to be a personal attack on Archetype, rather an attack on his behavior this game.  As person who tends to have an obsessive personality about things (not counting bots I am #15 on games played on the isotropish leaderboard and now have logged over 2 days worth of time basically on this game (see here and then you can look at my profile here for my current time)) I recognize that the level of involvement that I have put into this game is definitely above average and not expected for mafia players.  But there is a certain level of involvement that is required for mafia games as the last point of the civility pledge that you /pledged alludes to.  At this point I almost feel as though it is becoming a policy lynch.  I recognize your other commitments and I know this game is not a priority, but ignoring the game all afternoon while you concern yourself with the game you are modding and other things is disrespectful to all players involved in this game as well as to our mods mail-mi and chairs.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 16, 2013, 08:39:24 pm »

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 16, 2013, 08:47:17 pm »

I am not hammering yet, and I hope nobody else will. However, Intent to hammer once voltaire and archetype get a chance to say anything they want to say, or deadline approaches.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 16, 2013, 08:49:15 pm »

my reason is just that we don't really stand much to gain by ending the day now. Yes, the outcome of the day is not really in doubt. we're lynching arch. That's no reason not to let people get some last words in. I don't think it will really have a negative impact of drawing the day on too long. I think people are just to curious as to what alignment archetype will flip :P
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 20 queries.