Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (Game over, Ice Mafia win!)  (Read 138905 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (Game over, Ice Mafia win!)
« on: October 11, 2013, 01:12:17 pm »

Welcome to MXXXIII: Toy Story Mafia!

Mods: mail-mi, chairs.

1. Voltaire Andy, a Town Toy Fixer -- Burned N4
2. Robz888 Stinky Pete, a Fire Mafia Goon -- Frozen N2
3. liopoil Big Al, a Fire Mafia Goon -- Frozen N4
4. Archetype Barbie, a Vanilla Townie -- Lynched D2
5. ashersky Mrs. Potato Head, a Vanilla Townie -- Frozen N1
6. sudgy The Little Green Man, a Vanilla Townie -- Lynched D5
7. Yuma Buzz Lightyear, un Puerblerino Vainilla -- Quemado N3
8. Voltgloss Rex, a Vanilla Townie -- Burned N1
9. 2.71828..... Wheezy, a Vanilla Townie -- Frozen N3
10. faust Bullseye, a Vanilla Townie -- Lynched D1
11. Gveoniz Hamm, a Vanilla Townie -- Endgamed
12. Eevee Lot's O' Huggin' Bear, an Ice Mafia Goon -- Burned N2 BUT STILL A WINNER!
13. NHSederholm Jimmmmm Big Baby, an Ice Mafia Goon -- WINNER!

This game will be very Newbie-friendly!

The following RULES OF MAFIA will be used with the following changes. Please read them if this is your first time playing!

- Day deadlines will be 7 days and nights 48 hours.
- During the first 24 hours of night, please PM the mod(s) to confirm that you are still playing. After 24 hours, if you have not PM'd us, the mod(s) will PM you to check to see if you are still in fact playing. If we have not received a confirmation by the time Night is supposed to end, Night will continue as we look for a replacement.
- Prods will not be issued automatically--that's up to the players.

Set-up specific info in next post.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:45:31 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (Sign ups OPEN!)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 01:12:51 pm »

This game will be using the Fire and Ice set up, which is a Standard/Open set up. The set up is as follows:

-2 Fire mafia goons
-2 Ice mafia goons.
-1 Town Doctor
-8 Vanilla Townies.

And setup specific mechanics are as follows:
-Day start.
-If the Fire mafia and the Ice mafia target the same person, their kills will cancel out and no one will die.
-The doctor protects against both Fire and Ice kills.
-Flavornames like "Woody" and "Buzz" have the same chance of being town as scum.
-Flavor will give away which team did which kills (mail-mi was burned in the night!)
-If there are only 1 Ice mafia goon and 1 Fire mafia goon left alive at the end of the game, this is what will happen:

If it's Big Baby and Big Al, Fire mafia wins.
If it's Big Baby and Stinky Pete, Ice mafia wins.
If it's Lot's O' Huggin' Bear and Big Al, Ice mafia wins
If it's Lot's O' Huggin' Bear and Stinky Pete, Fire mafia wins.

PMs:

Welcome to MXXXIII: Toy Story Mafia, [player name]! You are Big Al, a Fire Mafia goon with your partner, Stinky Pete.

Each night, you may talk with your teammate here: {quicktopic}
Each night, one of you or your teammate can perform the Factional Kill. If you target the same person as the Ice mafia, the kills will cancel out.

Your fake flavorclaim is [insert flavor name].

You win when there are only Fire mafia left, or nothing can stop this from happening.

Welcome to MXXXIII: Toy Story Mafia, [player name]! You are Lots o' Huggin Bear, an Ice Mafia goon with your partner, Big Baby.

Each night, you may talk with your teammate here: {quicktopic}
Each night, one of you or your teammate can perform the Factional Kill. If you target the same person as the Fire mafia, the kills will cancel out.

Your fake flavorclaim is: [insert flavor name]

You win when there are only Ice mafia left alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.

Welcome to MXXXIII: Toy Story Mafia, [player name]! You are Andy, a Town Toy Fixer!

Each night, you may choose 1 player. That player will be protected from any and all kills that night.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least 1 town-aligned player alive.

Welcome to MXXXIII: Toy Story Mafia, [player name]! You are [flavor name here], a Vanilla Townie!

You have no night actions. Your weapon is your vote. Use it wisely.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least 1 town-aligned player is alive.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:07:31 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 01:15:48 pm »

/in as long as 1 of RMM9 or Dynasty Warriors ends first (or is in late-game stages).

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 01:17:21 pm »

I would be interested in co-modding (I haven't modded before, so that woudl be fun)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 01:17:57 pm »

I would be interested in co-modding (I haven't modded before, so that woudl be fun)
You're in!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 01:32:38 pm »

/in

Cool setup!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 01:53:30 pm »

I'm interested, but not going to join a third game, so this may have to wait until another game ends.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 03:04:40 pm »

/tag

One game at a time for me, but this looks neat.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 05:10:24 pm »

/interested

note that the word "interested" starts with in.

I might have to out eventually, but I'll reserve a spot for now.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 05:13:32 pm »

/interested

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 07:48:05 pm »

/tag

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 08:12:46 pm »

/tag

ashersky is it.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 08:16:47 pm »

I want to join this. I'll see how busy I am in the next few weeks.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 08:18:14 pm »

To infinity...and beyond!!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 09:05:01 pm »

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 09:06:19 pm »

Should the scum PMs have the player name of the teammate?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 05:05:11 pm »

I will totally /in to this now. I can't bear to potentially miss this and then be out of a mafia game forever until the next one starts... That was just horrible...

I doubt this game will be full enough to start before then, but maybe wait until Dynasty Warriors is in Night2 at the least to start this up...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 05:06:19 pm by yuma »

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 05:16:40 pm »

question: what happens in the scenario of 1 of each scum left alive? your PM wincons suggest that town will win because they will no lynch then kill each other. is this intentional? seems a bit weird for an ending for me.

I would suggest that the two scumteams "tie". so both get half the value of a win. To do that just add a clause to scum wincons that say they draw with the other team if everyone dies, and add a clause in the town wincon that says they need at least 1 member still alive to win.

another option is to make both win, but that makes things a bit odd. plus, yuma will kill you because it messes up stats, and I agree with that.

something to stop infinite no lynches/no kills is probably a good idea, as is making it clear that doc can't self-target.

I'm looking forward to this one :)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 05:24:23 pm »

I would suggest that the two scumteams "tie". so both get half the value of a win. To do that just add a clause to scum wincons that say they draw with the other team if everyone dies, and add a clause in the town wincon that says they need at least 1 member still alive to win.

another option is to make both win, but that makes things a bit odd. plus, yuma will kill you because it messes up stats, and I agree with that.

actually I prefer the later option. Giving both teams a "true" win is simpler than making a new "tie" category.

And I do agree that having town win when all townies are dead isn't ideal. But ultimately that is up to mail-mi and should be clarified before game start so that we can be sure.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 05:30:13 pm »

actually I prefer the later option. Giving both teams a "true" win is simpler than making a new "tie" category.

And I do agree that having town win when all townies are dead isn't ideal. But ultimately that is up to mail-mi and should be clarified before game start so that we can be sure.
wait, so what DO you want?

Usually I think of results of games like this:

- A win is "worth" 1
- A loss is "worth" 0
- A tie is "worth" 1/n where n is the number of tied factions/teams/players

that way exactly 1 "point" is awarded every game, it makes things easier to figure out, game-theory wise. and no, when town wins, I  think of it like the town, as a collective single player, gets the 1 point.

but yes, completely up to mail-mi.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2013, 05:31:52 pm »

The mafiascum page has the following win conditions so I am guessing that the changes mail-mi made were deliberate:

You win when the other mafia team is eliminated and you control 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 05:33:47 pm »

I really don't want this incentive for the mafias to win together (because the other team must be eliminated) but I don't want town to win then either. This might make you mad, Yuma, but yes, the teams will tie and get half a win.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2013, 05:34:22 pm »

The mafiascum page has the following win conditions so I am guessing that the changes mail-mi made were deliberate:

You win when the other mafia team is eliminated and you control 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
THey weren't. I'll change them now

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2013, 05:35:06 pm »

wait, so what DO you want?

Usually I think of results of games like this:

- A win is "worth" 1
- A loss is "worth" 0
- A tie is "worth" 1/n where n is the number of tied factions/teams/players

that way exactly 1 "point" is awarded every game, it makes things easier to figure out, game-theory wise. and no, when town wins, I  think of it like the town, as a collective single player, gets the 1 point.

but yes, completely up to mail-mi.

Well I don't necessarily want anything, but I do have preferences.

My preference is to keep things simple. So no ties. Rather shared wins. So rather than dealing with 1/n. I would just give both fire and ice the 1 point and give them wins if there is 1 fire and 1 ice player alive at the end. To me this makes far more sense than giving town the win, or splitting the win, or having no one win.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2013, 05:36:57 pm »

I really don't want this incentive for the mafias to win together (because the other team must be eliminated) but I don't want town to win then either. This might make you mad, Yuma, but yes, the teams will tie and get half a win.

It won't make me mad, but it does mean that somethings just need to change in my spreadsheet... and that might mean that in the end I won't be counting it as a tie, but rather as a shared victory (just for my own keeping stat purposes)... It really depends on how much I would need to change and I am not sure how much would be needed...

But I imagine I could probably find away around it that wouldn't be too hard.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60  All

Page created in 2.087 seconds with 19 queries.