Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (Game over, Ice Mafia win!)  (Read 140899 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (DAY 2 START!!)
« Reply #950 on: November 15, 2013, 08:43:26 pm »

48 hours to lynch. Absent a super-compelling case, I'm very likely to vote for the person who's the most viable lynch.
I guess scum would be less likely to say something this scummy, but I dislike this theory. It's like you are telling scum "no worries, we won't even try to hit you today, just vote for some townie and I'll follow".

Or you are scum and just bold.

Or I am Town and just have no idea.
Even if you are, telling that to scum is rather unhelpful, don't you think? Seems more like scum trying to absolve themselves from responsibility for a bad vote beforehand.

You could consider it that I'm encouraging people to make cases because they're likely to get my support. Fact is we need a lynch, and while I have a scumread in Gveoniz, I have no idea how to feel about anyone else.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 15, 2013, 08:53:34 pm »

well arch's return left a lot to be desired... whereas lio's at least at something to it.

I am fine with lynching arch. Best case he is scum, worst case we lose someone who barely cares enough to post in the game and explain made up reads.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 15, 2013, 08:54:01 pm »

well arch's return left a lot to be desired... whereas lio's at least at something to it.

I am fine with lynching arch. Best case he is scum, worst case we lose someone who barely cares enough to post in the game and explain made up reads.

I do agree that I prefer Arch over lio.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 15, 2013, 08:54:22 pm »

48 hours to lynch. Absent a super-compelling case, I'm very likely to vote for the person who's the most viable lynch.

Move to arch. There is a 1/2 decent case on him by 2.7 and he is the most viable lynch at this point.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 15, 2013, 09:28:41 pm »

Vote: Archetype

Will also vote for Gveoniz. Liopoil and Jimm have done enough to avoid the lurker lynch, at which point I would need like other reasons to lynch them, and I don't have any.

If Archetype is scum, I think Eevee is suspicious. I know Eevee is voting for Arch, but I feel like he keeps trying to subtly push things in a different direction. Like just now when he said, okay doesn't matter which lurker, let's do the one Voltaire thinks (even though we all mostly prefer Arch), and then tried to find Jimm scummy for something that even he doesn't really think is scummy.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 15, 2013, 09:38:49 pm »

Eh, don't like an arch lynch.

vote: Robz

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 15, 2013, 10:59:36 pm »

Voltaire, I am willing to follow where you lead us, provided you explain your reasoning.
e is the non-faust voter I'd be most comfortable being the lynch. I definitely think LAL is going to apply here, and I think the best bet is vote: liopoil right now.
Only reason I wouldn't go with Archetype is his mislynched meta. His vote on faust was easily the worst (least useful/helpful) of the lot.
vote: archetype after seeing that he hasn't responded to 2.7's case for 72 hours. The guy does have a mislynch meta, but 72 hours? He has had time to send out pms and start a game (I think this needs to be addressed elsewhere... but if you don't have time to play the games you are in, should you be running them? I think it is a question that we need to address, maybe not here, but it has kinda become a thing....)
But does that make him more likely to be scum? Archetype is not my preferred lurker lynch at all.
Let's all sheep the dead ashersky and vote: liopoil!

vote: Robz

You have done quite a bit of back and forth since you left your yuma vote.  First you come out and say LAL, and put liopoil out as they lurker of choice.  You give a reason for not wanting to lynch archetype due to his mislynch meta (which I understand for D1, but D2?), confirm again that archetype is not your preferred lurker lynch, then after an unvote go gack to liopoil with the (partially joking? maybe serious) comment about sheeping ashersky, then switch over to Robz after he joins the archetype wagon.

I really don't want to go against the IC, but please, help us out and explain yourself a little more.  You do not even have to worry about your reasoning coming across scummy. 

We will trust you, you are the doctor, but you have to give us a little more than what you have in the past few posts.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 15, 2013, 11:32:48 pm »

I disagree. What to you looks town about his latest post? What looks town about his complete lack of response to 2.7's case.

I realize that scum wants to look townie, but we need to hold arch accountable. I have already brought this up with him and he is aware of it. (parts clipped from the quote to make it shorter)

I really didnt' want to vote for you arch. Because you are constantly mislynched... but is these sort of things that sometimes force my hand. Seriously... do you see that these sort of things make you look scummy? Or do you think that we are just a bunch of dummies who keep mislynching you. Someone is to blame, I thought that it might have just been f.ds getting you wrong, but now I am thinking that a lot of the blame falls on you for being a scummy player when town, you have to take some responsibility for that... so I guess I won't vote for you, but maybe you are scum this time?
I take almost all responsibility for me being mislynched so often. I am a scummy player. I don't think I've ever said I wasn't (not that you're saying I have). If you think I'm scum, then vote for me. They're your reads, man.

So basically what we have here is archetype saying that he is responsible. That means that he acknowledges that his play is scummy and if he is town he should change it and try to not be mislynched. But he hasn't! So either he is town who is purposely misleading town by purposely being scummy (some sort of badge of honor of being mislynched so often?) or he is scum hiding behind a scummy meta.

either way he should go down. I have completely changed my view point on this but he knows his meta is scummy and has been given the opportunity to change it. But he hasn't.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 16, 2013, 01:09:22 am »

As yuma said, Arch's return wasn't great.  Vote: Archetype.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 16, 2013, 01:49:47 am »

That's the hammer.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: November 16, 2013, 02:30:25 am »

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: November 16, 2013, 02:31:19 am »

That's the hammer.

IT IS?!?!?

It isn't, he's at L-1, I just checked (based on the last vote count).

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 16, 2013, 02:54:00 am »

Oh I thought it was 5 to lynch.

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 16, 2013, 04:59:25 am »

I can see that the case against me is mainly frequent mention of newness and uncertainty, buddying and acting differently from NMIV.

The frequent mention of my newness was already talked about and I cannot do much to it unless I am out of my newness or lie to you that I am confident.

Jimmmmm:
For the buddying part, are you taliking about this post?
On things I think about is the toleration of my inactivity (form robz and 2.7?), I personally of course like to be tolerated and understand and appreciate your understandings. But comparing myself with archetype, who is considered (quite) scummy partially because of inactivity. I do have a concern (although there are reasons like "I have more actual content" and  "I am just a semi-newbie") that one may get some benefits that I cannot perceive yet.

It is possible that I just think a bit too much about this and mistreated your kindnesses, if that is the case, please accept my apology.
My intention for that post was to express the concern of them buddying me. to get potential benefits.

I did also stated that 2.7 did a good job in this game considering his newness D1, but I don't think that is buddying considering that he was generally agreed to be doing a great job.

For acting differently, I also have also talked about it. I of course do no act exactly the same in two game, but how differently were they? I cannot see clear different myself (but of course it is not up to me to judge myself).
Jimmmm said that I have used more "I don't know", "I can't say" and "I am unable to feel" in this game. I read through my own post can find 7 posts contining uncertainty, newness and that sort of thing, that is lower than yuma's count here. I can say that is that box in that game is acting clearly scummily so I can do better there
Sudgy also mentioned it but do not said anything in detail.

---------------------------------

I can accept a lurker lynch, 2.7 is also possible.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 16, 2013, 07:54:51 am »

I wake up to L-1.  I don't want another quickhammer when people still have things to say.  Liopoil explicitly mentioned that he will continue his post from yesterday.  I want to see that before a lynch. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 16, 2013, 08:10:55 am »

vote count 2.2.7

2.7 (1)- Archetype
Archetype (5)- Robz, sudgy, yuma, 2.7, eevee
Gveoniz (1)- Jimmmmm
Robz (1)- Voltaire

Not Voting (2)- Liopoil, Gveoniz

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 16, 2013, 08:40:56 am »

I can see that the case against me is mainly frequent mention of newness and uncertainty, buddying and acting differently from NMIV.

The frequent mention of my newness was already talked about and I cannot do much to it unless I am out of my newness or lie to you that I am confident.

Jimmmmm:
For the buddying part, are you taliking about this post?
On things I think about is the toleration of my inactivity (form robz and 2.7?), I personally of course like to be tolerated and understand and appreciate your understandings. But comparing myself with archetype, who is considered (quite) scummy partially because of inactivity. I do have a concern (although there are reasons like "I have more actual content" and  "I am just a semi-newbie") that one may get some benefits that I cannot perceive yet.

It is possible that I just think a bit too much about this and mistreated your kindnesses, if that is the case, please accept my apology.
My intention for that post was to express the concern of them buddying me. to get potential benefits.

I did also stated that 2.7 did a good job in this game considering his newness D1, but I don't think that is buddying considering that he was generally agreed to be doing a great job.

For acting differently, I also have also talked about it. I of course do no act exactly the same in two game, but how differently were they? I cannot see clear different myself (but of course it is not up to me to judge myself).
Jimmmm said that I have used more "I don't know", "I can't say" and "I am unable to feel" in this game. I read through my own post can find 7 posts contining uncertainty, newness and that sort of thing, that is lower than yuma's count here. I can say that is that box in that game is acting clearly scummily so I can do better there
Sudgy also mentioned it but do not said anything in detail.

---------------------------------

I can accept a lurker lynch, 2.7 is also possible.

Mostly it's the general feel of your posts. You seem a lot more settled and comfortable in the other game; in this one you seem like you feel the need to constantly remind us that you're not sure and you don't know what you're doing.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 16, 2013, 09:09:32 am »

I'm not against the Arch lynch. I'm against anyone except Volt hammering now, but will hammer before deadline if no one else does.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 16, 2013, 10:13:33 am »

speaking from experience an easy way to prevent a hammer is to..... unvote the person at L-1

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 16, 2013, 11:53:15 am »

That's the hammer.
dude... that was scary! check next time before you say that... :P

Liopoil explicitly mentioned that he will continue his post from yesterday.  I want to see that before a lynch. 
Indeed. continuing....

Also, I see yuma unvoted to put arch back at L-2. good.

E: I don't get the suspicion on him today much at all. reading through the thread to find why people suspect him, I see a lot of vague reasons, that don't really make much sense. Could someone explain the case on him, if there is one? Apart from that, I think most likely he's getting suspected because he's said a lot and so there are more things to potentially find scummy. Not someone I want to lynch unless someone presents something I haven't seen yet.

Gveoniz: The biggest thing I remember about him is that yuma made a post showing how he says something about his newness/un-sureness in the majority of his posts. Yeah, a lot of newer people talk about how new they are a lot, but this is above normal. Okay, rereading him:

- he was actually the first to comment on the "do not kill" thing, but did not press it. After faust's response, he said he still thought it was weird.

- there's the D > A thing, but he says in that very post that he isn't sure and hasn't really organized his thinking.

- ... but then in his next post he re-affirms D > A, and again says he is not sure! This is more suspicious.

I am surprised that Gveoniz has not gotten as much attention as other lurkers. I think I probably prefer this lynch over an archetype lynch. He does have a bit more content than arch though.....

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 16, 2013, 11:55:16 am »

whoops, accidentally posted before I was done. I still have Jimmmmm and Eevee to do. Back to work.....

also, yay, inflating post count!  ;)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIII: Toy Story Mafia (GAME IS ON DAY 1 START!!)
« Reply #971 on: November 16, 2013, 12:27:55 pm »

whoops, accidentally posted before I was done. I still have Jimmmmm and Eevee to do. Back to work.....

I am usually against these ideas, but I think it has merit this time.

1. It helps scum shoot each other.  We want that.  I think this is the best part.
2. The doc still won't die, and we have an IC, which is good.

Now, Vote: 2.71828..... because he inflated his post count at the beginning.  He even admitted it.
hmmmm....  makes me wonder about liopoil....

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 16, 2013, 12:28:35 pm »

I am surprised that Gveoniz has not gotten as much attention as other lurkers. I think I probably prefer this lynch over an archetype lynch. He does have a bit more content than arch though.....

At least Gveoniz responds when you ask him something or present a case on him...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 16, 2013, 12:46:25 pm »

1. It helps scum shoot each other.  We want that.  I think this is the best part.

Now, Vote: 2.71828..... because he inflated his post count at the beginning.  He even admitted it.
is this a joke? you know that post is by sudgy, not me right? :P

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 16, 2013, 12:51:20 pm »

is this a joke? you know that post is by sudgy, not me right? :P
I know.  I was just stealing his line, so I thought I should give him credit.  And of course that would be a serious RVS vote.....but we aren't in RVS now are we.  So yes, a joke
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.