Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 62  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Game Over! Universe Wins!)  (Read 143068 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Day 1!)
« Reply #575 on: August 13, 2013, 06:11:42 pm »

oh, ninja'd and labeled the quotes backwards.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 13, 2013, 06:12:38 pm »

That said -

Why do you have this need to have town talk about you??? We were doing just fine, in my opinion. If you're town, you took us away from what we were doing and made us talk about you. Why? People were already taking stands about you.

I'm egomaniacal?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 13, 2013, 06:13:10 pm »

Also, vote: voltgloss.  Have we had an official vote count recently?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 13, 2013, 06:14:56 pm »

Though I guess that's probably not going to satisfy people, seeing as how the posts shraeye is raising were after my latest post in that QT. 

It's pretty funny.  This is exactly the type of case I'd make and push really hard.  And yet, here I am (as town), making a mistake that is rightly being called as scummy - and yet I am town.  Ironic!  Guess I'm just rusty at the game.

...I can't even be mad, it's so hilarious.

Welp.  If you all want to lynch me for this, I won't hold it against any of you.  I'd be banging the drum for shraeye's lynch if I caught shraeye in this same manner.  Unfortunately, I am town, and you'll see that if you lynch me and I flip.  And I won't self-vote, because I am town.

Apologies for letting the town down.

PPE:  Yeah, you people already saw that.
well, I was unsure that the slips meant much, but this post reads quite scummy - trying to get us to realize that he can't be scum because he isn't defending himself, accepting his lynch. plus a bit of Appeal To Emotion...

intent to vote for votegloss, unsure how many votes he has.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 13, 2013, 06:15:24 pm »

Ah, Voltgloss. I'm sorry, man. I really hate to lynch you Day 1 in your first game back. But... I just don't think we can overlook this. And I know you understand that.

With a heavy heart, Vote: Voltgloss

Good work, shraeye.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 13, 2013, 06:17:21 pm »

Well, let me leave you all with this.  I don't expect anyone to believe this now, but if you lynch me, perhaps you'll come back to this after my flip.

Vote: Robz

Robz planted the idea of "early VT claim = scummy" regarding ash.  But he has not pushed that line of thought heavily - not nearly like he did in the game where pingpongsam did the same thing and got crucified for it.  Instead, he let me push it instead.  This is likely scum!Robz, who likes nothing more than to see me make his cases for him. 

I believe ash.  But be careful gang about his focus on yuma.  I'm not convinced yuma is scum - I think ash v. yuma is town v. town, being egged on by scum on the sidelines.  Unfortunately, ash will probably try to force a him-or-me with yuma.  ash, if you're town:  Just please be careful about doing that. 

I think shraeye is town and doing his damnedest.  I'm sorry I blundered into your sights.  That's on me, not on you.

I think this may be the first time I get mislynched?  Deliciously ironic that it's all my own fault.

It's been fun gang!  :D

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 13, 2013, 06:17:46 pm »

Yeah, that is significant.  I'll vote volt once we have a vote count to make sure I'm not hammering or something dumb

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 13, 2013, 06:17:58 pm »

Vote Count 1.6

nkirbit (1): Voltaire
Voltaire (1): Jorbles
Robz888 (2): Eevee, Voltgloss
ashersky (3): yuma, nkirbit, mail-mi 
Jorbles (1): UmbrageOfSnow
Voltgloss (3): shraeye, ashersky, Robz888

Not Voting (1): liopoil

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch. The day will end on August 17th at 9:00 PM Forum Time.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 13, 2013, 06:22:22 pm »

Well, let me leave you all with this.  I don't expect anyone to believe this now, but if you lynch me, perhaps you'll come back to this after my flip.

Vote: Robz

Robz planted the idea of "early VT claim = scummy" regarding ash.  But he has not pushed that line of thought heavily - not nearly like he did in the game where pingpongsam did the same thing and got crucified for it.  Instead, he let me push it instead.  This is likely scum!Robz, who likes nothing more than to see me make his cases for him. 

I believe ash.  But be careful gang about his focus on yuma.  I'm not convinced yuma is scum - I think ash v. yuma is town v. town, being egged on by scum on the sidelines.  Unfortunately, ash will probably try to force a him-or-me with yuma.  ash, if you're town:  Just please be careful about doing that. 

I think shraeye is town and doing his damnedest.  I'm sorry I blundered into your sights.  That's on me, not on you.

I think this may be the first time I get mislynched?  Deliciously ironic that it's all my own fault.

It's been fun gang!  :D

I think this is a weak case against me. First of all, I was wrong about PPS, so why would I push a similar case as hard this time? Now, I think there are better reasons to think it's true this time. I have pushed the case, I mean, yuma and I were both making it and saying "also, what he said." Then ash disappeared and it was pointless arguing with someone who wasn't here. I'm not pushing it so hard because, meh, Day 1 participation is not something I do a lot of anymore? And also ash seemed likely to get lynch without me like really hammering it home? And also now I'm less sure, and pretty just focused on UoS getting back here.

Of course, what I think you may be doing is setting it up so that when you flip scum, people will look at who you voted for, wonder if you were distancing from a partner, and put me in trouble.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 13, 2013, 06:23:22 pm »

Vote: Voltgloss

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: August 13, 2013, 06:23:53 pm »

That's quite a lengthy reaction from a case made by someone you should be sure is scum.

Town, remember this.  Please come back to it.  My parting shot has struck a nerve.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 13, 2013, 06:24:47 pm »

By "this" I mean Robz's reaction, not liopoil's vote.

Btw, shraeye, I bequeath to you the job of making liopoil and Eevee contribute.  They're heavy lurking.  Don't let them get away with that.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 13, 2013, 06:25:53 pm »

That's quite a lengthy reaction from a case made by someone you should be sure is scum.

Town, remember this.  Please come back to it.  My parting shot has struck a nerve.

It has!  :P

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 13, 2013, 06:27:00 pm »

An emoticon from Robz??!?  Blasphemy!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 13, 2013, 06:29:20 pm »

It's really appropriate though! I am literally sticking my tongue out at you, because we got you on a scumslip! And now you are trying--politely, I might add--to set me up for mislynch.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 13, 2013, 06:29:53 pm »

I mean, I'm entirely overreacting, but I'm around and felt like talking, so whatever.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 13, 2013, 06:30:37 pm »

An emoticon from Robz??!?  Blasphemy!

I don't think there are many of us left that remember the "emoticons = scum" Robz.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 13, 2013, 06:31:57 pm »

I don't think there are many of us left that remember the "emoticons = scum" Robz.
...he still does it...

let's not lynch voltgloss until UoS comes back

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 13, 2013, 06:32:57 pm »

Wow, Robz, those explanations sound super fishy to me.

My biggest problem with ash's claim is that it's very advantageous to any scum to avoid getting shot by the other scum. I think pushing this lynch would make significantly more sense than pushing PPS did in that game, but I guess your mileage may vary. However, saying you didn't need to push ash because he was getting lynched anyways seems like you want to avoid attention (scummy) pushing the case on a townie (after you honestly called out something scummy you saw him do). You shouldn't have argued with ash, it's not him you needed to convince, it was town. How does focusing on UoS getting back make any sense? Why not focus on ash getting back? How exactly does you focusing on someone returning help, and does it really take all your focus - enough to make you stop pushing for someone you think is scum?

Vote: Voltgloss I think we do need to lynch him (great thinking by shraeye there, regardless of your alignment I'm impressed), but Robz is setting alarm bells of for me big time.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 13, 2013, 06:33:55 pm »

It's really appropriate though! I am literally sticking my tongue out at you, because we got you on a scumslip! And now you are trying--politely, I might add--to set me up for mislynch.

I really do think you're the most likely scum, though.  I'm thinking it politely though!

Man, this is a lot more fun than my usual oh-so-serious style.  Next game I play, maybe I should channel popsofctown and make only three-word posts.  At least shraeye couldn't find me suspicious for trying to get people to vote!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 13, 2013, 06:35:01 pm »

Incidentally, please note #16 of my game-planning QT that I linked, where I make the same damn tag mistake but in reverse. 

I guess the takeaway is, "always proofread your posts or people will mislynch you for it."  Or maybe, "never use italics."

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 13, 2013, 06:35:47 pm »

Wow, Robz, those explanations sound super fishy to me.

My biggest problem with ash's claim is that it's very advantageous to any scum to avoid getting shot by the other scum. I think pushing this lynch would make significantly more sense than pushing PPS did in that game, but I guess your mileage may vary. However, saying you didn't need to push ash because he was getting lynched anyways seems like you want to avoid attention (scummy) pushing the case on a townie (after you honestly called out something scummy you saw him do). You shouldn't have argued with ash, it's not him you needed to convince, it was town. How does focusing on UoS getting back make any sense? Why not focus on ash getting back? How exactly does you focusing on someone returning help, and does it really take all your focus - enough to make you stop pushing for someone you think is scum?

Vote: Voltgloss I think we do need to lynch him (great thinking by shraeye there, regardless of your alignment I'm impressed), but Robz is setting alarm bells of for me big time.

I guess I thought the town was fairly convinced, and it wasn't super necessary, and I was just doing other stuff?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 13, 2013, 06:36:23 pm »

Man, this is a lot more fun than my usual oh-so-serious style.  Next game I play, maybe I should channel popsofctown and make only three-word posts.  At least shraeye couldn't find me suspicious for trying to get people to vote!

vote = post

I'm just digging deeper and deeper!  Next thing you know, I'm going to be having a 0% chance of flipping town!

I don't, for the record.  I have a 100% chance of flipping town.  You'll all see soon.  Good luck for the rest, town!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 13, 2013, 06:37:45 pm »

I hope you all peruse that QT by the way when it becomes night and you have time to rest.  That game is going to be a lot of fun, I think.  And a semi-open setup, so you're not spoiling yourself by reading there.  :D

With that, I'm going to dinner!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 13, 2013, 06:50:22 pm »

May I mention something? 

All the "reasons" I am scummy for the early VT claim seem to be something to do with dodging the NK.  Thing is, given everybody has mentioned that possibility, I don't think it helps me dodge the NK at all.  Also, scum never ever NK me, because they always think I am mislynchable when needed.

So your reasons aren't compelling.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 16 queries.