Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56  All

Author Topic: BMIX: Conspiracy Theories, London Edition (Game Over, Conspiracy Theorists Win?)  (Read 118267 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

What happened to Razz is a good example of why recruiting people who have hidden information is dangerous.  I think generally recruiting powers who try to recruit scum get killed instead of the recruit happening.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

What happened to Razz is a good example of why recruiting people who have hidden information is dangerous.  I think generally recruiting powers who try to recruit scum get killed instead of the recruit happening.
(even in bastard)

Also: I guess Razz was still CT at the end there?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

True.  But really, I expected him to play both sides and not just out everything.  He thought that the CTs were the scum of the game (not quite true), but he still shared their wincon.  The safe bet would be to just let things play out... even if the whole game was Werewolves vs. CTs, that would mean that he would be guaranteed a win, sharing both wincons.  The doors he blew open were dangerous, if there were any other factions about.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile

True.  But really, I expected him to play both sides and not just out everything.  He thought that the CTs were the scum of the game (not quite true), but he still shared their wincon.  The safe bet would be to just let things play out... even if the whole game was Werewolves vs. CTs, that would mean that he would be guaranteed a win, sharing both wincons.  The doors he blew open were dangerous, if there were any other factions about.

That was the favorite part of this game, though.  I love mass claiming.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

wait, we really were scum weren't we, because we weren't on a team with the CT? and we were the only three town...

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

wait, we really were scum weren't we, because we weren't on a team with the CT? and we were the only three town...

By the initial setup -- yeah, you were technically scum. :P

I posit that the name you get really matters to player psychology in the game, no matter your actual role.  You guys thought you were town, you played more townish.  The werewolves thought they were scum, they were a bit more scummy.

Unfortunately, this never really got to play out fully.

Even so, day 3 really was one of the most interesting days I've seen in any game.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile

Yeah…um. I liked the game, and the idea was one I talked to mail-mi about before creating SOC, and then didn't want to do it because I thought that that was happening here.

But what I didn't like was the rules changing as the game went on, but I guess it's your game and I signed up for it, and you did put a lot of work into it, so I don't care that much. Plus it was pretty fun watching the game and that's really all that matters.

I'm sad to find out that my death was by mod error. :P

So thanks for the game eHalcyon, I always enjoy your designs. Good job Axxle and CTs!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Yeah…um. I liked the game, and the idea was one I talked to mail-mi about before creating SOC, and then didn't want to do it because I thought that that was happening here.

But what I didn't like was the rules changing as the game went on, but I guess it's your game and I signed up for it, and you did put a lot of work into it, so I don't care that much. Plus it was pretty fun watching the game and that's really all that matters.

So thanks for the game eHalcyon, I always enjoy your designs. Good job Axxle and CTs!

I called it bastard for a reason. :P

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile

I called it bastard for a reason. :P
Haha yes this was very bastard.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp

Those MH sure talk a lot!  Most active qt by far. We were really hoping to get some good info from robzz, but all he said was "I told the truth day 3"
In hindsight it looks like most people did!
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

It's almost like someone said at some point (over and over ad naseum) D3 that the truth behind the setup is that town is scum and scum is town...
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

It's almost like someone said at some point (over and over ad naseum) D3 that the truth behind the setup is that town is scum and scum is town...
Wait, I thought this was common knowledge after the claims?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Wait, I thought this was common knowledge after the claims?

Apparently not for the MH.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile

Y'all should sign up for Shadows over Camelot mafia, and I so thought us MH had this in the bag! Well, goes to show you that this is definitely BM.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

morgrim's cottage is hilarious :P.

robz got to be all of the alignments! does he win?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

morgrim's cottage is hilarious :P.

robz got to be all of the alignments! does he win?

He never soiled the name of Werewolf

Mafia Record:

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

well, he flipped and investigated as WW, and got access to a QT with werewolves.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

well, he flipped and investigated as WW, and got access to a QT with werewolves.

Just because he looked like, smelled like, and communicated with werewolves did not in any way make him one. Thank goodness.

Mafia Record:

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile

Just because he looked like, smelled like, and communicated with werewolves did not in any way make him one. Thank goodness.

Galz, you believed my Vengeful WW claim from the beginning, right?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Did I? I think so, yes. I would need to reread, but I'm pretty sure this is the game I spent trying to convince you and mcmc that you were teammates. Yeah, I think I pretty much believed all of the WW role claims for exactly what they were. I knew with 100% certainty after the lovers claim with Robz. But we still had the numbers at that point, and I was sure MH & CT were different. So I was willing to sacrifice 1:1 with MH to prove to CT that they were being deceived. Especially because I knew MH could whittle us out, especially if CT trusted them and followed their lead.

Mafia Record:

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

oh hey, we were the only ones with a full NK too...

I felt really lame when I realized that we were scum and that I had just claimed scum.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Did I? I think so, yes. I would need to reread, but I'm pretty sure this is the game I spent trying to convince you and mcmc that you were teammates. Yeah, I think I pretty much believed all of the WW role claims for exactly what they were. I knew with 100% certainty after the lovers claim with Robz. But we still had the numbers at that point, and I was sure MH & CT were different. So I was willing to sacrifice 1:1 with MH to prove to CT that they were being deceived. Especially because I knew MH could whittle us out, especially if CT trusted them and followed their lead.

Were you advocating a MH lynch on d3?  I don't remember it exactly, but the end result was that joth got lynched.  I thought that was strange, since MHs were obviously much more threatening.  I seriously thought they were screwed after their honest claims.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Were you advocating a MH lynch on d3?  I don't remember it exactly, but the end result was that joth got lynched.  I thought that was strange, since MHs were obviously much more threatening.  I seriously thought they were screwed after their honest claims.

Yes, strongly.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: BMIX: Conspiracy Theories, London Edition (Day 3)
« Reply #1373 on: May 07, 2013, 10:09:51 pm »

This was my caving post really, about 15 before the end of the day:

Vote: Joth
Since when were you in MC's supposed "gang"?  Same question to Ash, since MC has spent the whole game bagging on you.
Raz---you know what will happen if you let this go down like this.  You may be scum, but you are still half CT and lunching on your own is got to be some of the most treacherous action ever.

I've been one of MC's strongest supporters since quite early on actually. Look at his interactions with Ashersky and my responses to both.

I would rather lynch a MH, but I'm good lynching a CT. Neither are WW, and that's good enough for me.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

I am maybe the last person standing?
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56  All

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 16 queries.