Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56  All

Author Topic: BMIX: Conspiracy Theories, London Edition (Game Over, Conspiracy Theorists Win?)  (Read 117649 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: BMIX: Conspiracy Theories, London Edition (Day 3)
« Reply #375 on: April 08, 2013, 07:14:16 pm »

Okay, votes with no explanation i'll full claim.

I am bullet proof, jorbles was lynch proof, we are also lovers and neighborizers. we have a neighborhood with day and night chat.

The perfect match! Vote: mcmc
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 08, 2013, 07:16:02 pm »

Now night one jorbles was hardly here and I was gone around deadline, we never decided on someone to neighborize so we didn't do it. Night two I neighborized robz. Morgrim is now part of the neighborhood and has taken jorbles place as my lynchproof lover.

And what does Robz have to say?

Also, as you well know, Neighbors are different from Masons, and there is no confirmation of alignment there.

AND, cults like to claim neighborizer, right?

AND, scum likes to claim mason/neighbors to cover for their QT.

Man, you just built a killer case on yourself...

wow man what alignment was I last time I did that, bulletproof roleblocker oh yea town whatever.

I mean, you could try to defend yourself, give good reasons for what you've claimed, counter the possibilities I just laid out for you...

Or you can just give up and say "wow man what alignment was I last time I did that, bulletproof roleblocker oh yea town whatever."
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 08, 2013, 07:17:02 pm »

Ill keep that in mind. In fact, vote: mcmc

unvote what am i thinking

Morg confirming his connection with Mcmc here.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #378 on: April 08, 2013, 07:17:10 pm »

Okay, there is more to this scenario and I think it really makes sense for jorbles to be scum and me to be town. I'm not sure I want to full claim, but I think the people willing to lynch someone that will kill two people who very well could both be town, the only evidence you have that either morgrim or me is scum is that jorbles was scum and I am his lover and morgrim inherited his role. Now people willing to kill off two people with that little evidence and go to night again so quickly worries me.
Actually you self-claimed lover.  Not exactly hard evidence. 
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 08, 2013, 07:18:35 pm »

Sorry I have now full claimed and everytime I claimed more you just said you that's scummier.

I said I don't see how a ww team that is lynchproof an bullet proof and has day chat is viable.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 08, 2013, 07:19:00 pm »

Ill keep that in mind. In fact, vote: mcmc

unvote what am i thinking

Morg confirming his connection with Mcmc here.

His love connection, you mean.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 08, 2013, 07:19:59 pm »

Sorry I have now full claimed and everytime I claimed more you just said you that's scummier.

I said I don't see how a ww team that is lynchproof an bullet proof and has day chat is viable.
It's viable-you just make them lovers!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 08, 2013, 07:20:46 pm »

Okay, there is more to this scenario and I think it really makes sense for jorbles to be scum and me to be town. I'm not sure I want to full claim, but I think the people willing to lynch someone that will kill two people who very well could both be town, the only evidence you have that either morgrim or me is scum is that jorbles was scum and I am his lover and morgrim inherited his role. Now people willing to kill off two people with that little evidence and go to night again so quickly worries me.

No, the bolded part DOES NOT make sense.

Town's win condition and scum's win condition are opposite.  How could either of you win?  If one of you dies, the other dies.  So for one to win, you both have to die.  Therefore, the best way to help town if you are the town half of the lovers is to immediately claim and get yourself lynched to kill the scum partner.

The scum half can wait until lylo and end game you, but that's a tougher thing to do.

Lovers with opposite win conditions makes zero sense, even in a bastard game.  I mean, sure, you could build it into a bastard game to be a bastardly mod, but that makes it much less fun for some folks in the game.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 08, 2013, 07:22:22 pm »

Now you claim day-chat?  But you send in your "neighborizing" at night?  So you have full-on chat at all times?  Okay...

You are either scum together, or some ridiculous cult thing, or scum together.

Where's Robz to confirm or deny being neighborized?

It's viable-you just make them lovers!

Exactly.  It's a strong combination that actually can only be beat through the lovers connection.  It's pretty awesome by eHal, actually.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 08, 2013, 07:23:10 pm »

Town's win condition and scum's win condition are opposite.  How could either of you win?  If one of you dies, the other dies.  So for one to win, you both have to die.  Therefore, the best way to help town if you are the town half of the lovers is to immediately claim and get yourself lynched to kill the scum partner.

The scum half can wait until lylo and end game you, but that's a tougher thing to do.

Lovers with opposite win conditions makes zero sense, even in a bastard game.  I mean, sure, you could build it into a bastard game to be a bastardly mod, but that makes it much less fun for some folks in the game.
I've seen games like this with scum/town lovers, it's rare but not bastardly.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 08, 2013, 07:24:26 pm »

Actually, it does. In rl, when the Cupid makes town/scum lovers, their goal becomes "Be the last to players alive." Well, at least in the version I play. So if they are town/scum, they are still against our win condition.

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 08, 2013, 07:25:48 pm »

• Public flips.  When you die, your alignment and role name will be revealed.

Because that's happened each time.

When people have actually died, it has happened.  Morgrim didn't die.  All we had was flavor to indicate that he was dead, and we were told that "flavor doesn't matter" (even though it does in some sense, just not in the rules sense) so when we were eventually sorta not told Morgrim's alignment and role I pretty much assumed that he wasn't actually dead (flavor hinted he wasn't dead too).  Given that we have a claim that explains the no lynch outside of Morgrim, it seems to me that Morgrim was just...in limbo?...until he hammered someone.  He almost certainly couldn't post until he hammered.

Still looking at everything, not really sold on mcmc right of this moment but that could change once I work everything out.

While you were typing 10 new replies have been posted.
While you were typing (actually reading the 10 new replies) 3 new replies have been posted.

Sheesh.

Stop reading my signature.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 08, 2013, 07:26:13 pm »

Okay, votes with no explanation i'll full claim.

I am bullet proof, jorbles was lynch proof, we are also lovers and neighborizers. we have a neighborhood with day and night chat.

I claimed day chat in my original post please read. This is why I am angry I'm about to leave for dinner trying to full claim and explain, you skim call me scummy I explain more you call me scummier. Ill be back to post after dinner 45 min.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Razzishi

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 08, 2013, 07:28:49 pm »

You forgot that you don't have a NK, just a neighborizer recruit.  What was your stated win condition?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 08, 2013, 07:36:20 pm »

I've reason to believe that Jorbles was town, despite what his flip said.
"Jorbles isn't scum, because I know he's not my scum partner!"

Vote: Galzria

Huh?

I don't know about this.

Also why did you just claim cop?

Or this.

I mean, I know Galz hasn't played a game in awhile, but no way he just derpclaims cop or scum, right?

Galz, I do think you need to give us a bit more than what you said.

Well, I've debated this claim since D1, but I think maybe its safe:

I'm a Cult Doctor. That is, I'm not "A member of a Cult that Doctors", rather "A Doctor that prevents Conversion".
It seems silly that a Cult could kill though, so I think claiming that is "safer" than a regular Doctor claim.
eHal has hinted that my role does more than that, but the only concrete evidence that I have is from last night when I attempted to "Doctor" Jorbles. As with the first night (when I "Doctored" Joth), I received no confirmation from eHal after submitting my target. Unlike the first night however, I did receive a PM when the day started that contained a link to the Bon Jovi song "It's my life", linked to the set of lyrics:

"It's my life, it's now or never,
And I aint gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive"

The text of the PM said that somebody had gotten to Jorbles before I did, and that there appeared to be a heavy amount of cosmetics on him - that underneath the horrible looks was a normal - although quite grotesque - human being.

Now, my PM did NOT say "Town", but I took it to mean that he wasn't what the opening flavor stated.

As for my role, I've no idea. I said at the end of D1 that I had inside information that there might be a cult - and that's why. But eHal could very easily be screwing with me, and my role may be completely random. I've no idea. I've seen no evidence of a cult however.

That said... If you're in one, feel free to speak up!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 08, 2013, 07:38:31 pm »

Galz, what about the theory that mcmc's "neighborizing" could be a cult recruiting instead?

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 08, 2013, 07:44:52 pm »

Huh?

I don't know about this.

Or this.

I mean, I know Galz hasn't played a game in awhile, but no way he just derpclaims cop or scum, right?

I'm a Cult Doctor. That is, I'm not "A member of a Cult that Doctors", rather "A Doctor that prevents Conversion".
It seems silly that a Cult could kill though, so I think claiming that is "safer" than a regular Doctor claim.
eHal has hinted that my role does more than that, but the only concrete evidence that I have is from last night when I attempted to "Doctor" Jorbles. As with the first night (when I "Doctored" Joth), I received no confirmation from eHal after submitting my target. Unlike the first night however, I did receive a PM when the day started that contained a link to the Bon Jovi song "It's my life", linked to the set of lyrics:

The text of the PM said that somebody had gotten to Jorbles before I did, and that there appeared to be a heavy amount of cosmetics on him - that underneath the horrible looks was a normal - although quite grotesque - human being.

Now, my PM did NOT say "Town", but I took it to mean that he wasn't what the opening flavor stated.

As for my role, I've no idea. I said at the end of D1 that I had inside information that there might be a cult - and that's why. But eHal could very easily be screwing with me, and my role may be completely random. I've no idea. I've seen no evidence of a cult however.

*mcmc describes cult*
"No evidence for the cult"
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 08, 2013, 07:47:15 pm »

Huh?

I don't know about this.

Or this.

*mcmc describes cult*
"No evidence for the cult"

I started typing this immediately after Ashersky asked me to go into more detail. It didn't take anything said after into account.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Razzishi

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 08, 2013, 07:48:51 pm »

I think it means that deep down the WWs are merely weird looking people, and are only hiding from Town because the Town will kill them.  That is, WWs are not scum, even if they have a red role name.  I would really like mcmc to make an honest full claim verifying that, not being afraid to tell us that he's a WW.  I certainly won't lynch him for it.

And Galz, your entire role might be to provide that slight bit of information.  That is, if you target someone who dies during the night, you will discover exactly what you discovered instead of saving them.  So you're kinda like a Doctor in that you'll want to target someone who dies....

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 08, 2013, 07:50:35 pm »

Galzira almost confirms cult, mcmc describes a cult, we could kill scum or cult leader (with the bonus of killing the unusual morgrim role), yep mcmc is the best place for the lynch today.

Razzishi

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 08, 2013, 07:50:52 pm »

eta: Bon Jovi lyrics are to emphasize the fact that the WWs are merely wanting to live while they're alive, which means hiding as best they can or until the Town comes to realize that they aren't threats.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 08, 2013, 07:52:05 pm »

[quo

I think it means that deep down the WWs are merely weird looking people, and are only hiding from Town because the Town will kill them.  That is, WWs are not scum, even if they have a red role name.  I would really like mcmc to make an honest full claim verifying that, not being afraid to tell us that he's a WW.  I certainly won't lynch him for it.

And Galz, your entire role might be to provide that slight bit of information.  That is, if you target someone who dies during the night, you will discover exactly what you discovered instead of saving them.  So you're kinda like a Doctor in that you'll want to target someone who dies....

confirmed

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 08, 2013, 07:54:18 pm »

I am a werewolf as well. I have no nk, and nothing I have claimed has been a lie or mistruth. Other than I may have said I didn't know jorbles was a ww, I knew that.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 08, 2013, 07:55:27 pm »

I am a werewolf as well. I have no nk, and nothing I have claimed has been a lie or mistruth. Other than I may have said I didn't know jorbles was a ww, I knew that.

Should we not lynch the admitted WW who is tied as a Lover to a new WW?

I mean, are we really supposed to believe that WWs are town and not scum?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 08, 2013, 07:55:45 pm »

I was also told there may be more ww's out there but me and jorbles did not know if any of them exist.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 16 queries.