Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 56  All

Author Topic: BMIX: Conspiracy Theories, London Edition (Game Over, Conspiracy Theorists Win?)  (Read 117688 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: BMIX: Conspiracy Theories, London Edition (Day 2)
« Reply #300 on: April 05, 2013, 07:47:55 pm »

Town read on axxle as usual. Town read on Joth, he's comin out of the gate how I expect him too but it's not forced. Still curious of rashisi and ash(i believe) while I like speculation of the setup any unconventional setups are more likely to be suggested by people who would fit into them.

Razisshi is suspect, for sure, from his last post.

Hopefully this post will be "good", I don't have much time to make it, but some decent thought went into it.

I don't see the point of scum making a kill on Axxle2.  He didn't make a single post all day, so why would the scum be concerned about him?  No, I think Axxle2 was a Vig kill by a Town Vampire whose NK is mandatory.  If Scum had a NK, it was somehow blocked, but it's also possible there is no scum with a NK.  Remember, this is a Bastard game.  There might be no scummy scum, or what passes for scum has no NK.

Scum without an NK?  What is that?  Who thinks of that?  Scum without an NK.  I mean, it is just way out there, and a neat idea for a bastard game, but I don't think someone normally suggests this as a possibility.

vote: Razzishi

Are you playing a different game than I am?  I'm pretty sure this game isn't normal.  Recall that there were no rules posted at all.  We have no reason to believe that the standard game of Mafia is even being played.  For instance, one of my many theories is that we're all Town.  How would there be a game, you ask?  Well, consider that I am told I win when there are no threats to me left.  Maybe some of the Townsfolk are threats to me, and some aren't.  Those supposed threats might be in the same boat I am, winning when there are no threats to them left.  They're not scum because they have a town-styled win condition and no night-kill, but they might still be designated a threat to me because of flavor reasons or whatever.  I suspect each of us (or at least the vast majority of us) is a werewolf, vampire, alien, conspiracy theorist, piece of cheese, or similar that certain other groups consider threatening, but not all groups.  We have no clue which groups are threatening, we just have to play until the mod tell us the game is over.

My attitude towards this is certainly going to draw suspicion on me, but consider the fact that I chose to play in a Bastard game for my first one here.  I like thinking up wild and crazy ideas for how the mod is going to screw around with out preconceptions of how Mafia is played, and I would regardless of my alignment.

Just got to read razzishi's response and I'm not sure jorbles post reaks of scummier setup knowledge than this.

I mean I guess jorbles looks like he's more likely to be on a scum team from the way he posted, but razzishi looks like he's scum with no nk. Also if there was multiple scum teams why would there only be one nk.

I do think your point on Razz is right (and it was my point, too) that he is some sort of scum that can't kill.  I think only scum that can't kill brings up the idea of scum that can't kill.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 05, 2013, 07:49:18 pm »

Jorbs; up to you if you should claim--it's BM, so I'm not as worried about it. 

I'm trying to think of what role you would claim--we've modded together a lot, I've modded you, you've modded me...meta wise, you definitely always look town, but are a strong scum player.  We were scum in LOLCats.  Hmmmm...

I think you'd ask for a strong scum role, I think.  I don't think you've ever had one.

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 05, 2013, 09:23:25 pm »

I think only scum that can't kill brings up the idea of scum that can't kill.

Maybe, just maybe, I read the other Bastard games that have been run here.  And it's also within the realm of possibility that one of the previous Bastard games had a scum faction that didn't have a night-kill.

But no, obviously I must be a scum faction with a night kill, because it's such a new and truly original idea that no one else, especially not jtotheonah, would ever have used it before.
Stop reading my signature.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 05, 2013, 09:31:04 pm »

Maybe, just maybe, I read the other Bastard games that have been run here.  And it's also within the realm of possibility that one of the previous Bastard games had a scum faction that didn't have a night-kill.

But no, obviously I must be a scum faction with a night kill, because it's such a new and truly original idea that no one else, especially not jtotheonah, would ever have used it before.

This is super defensive and scummy to me.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 05, 2013, 10:02:06 pm »

I haven't read BM1-4, so I guess there's that.  But still, if its been used before in BM on f.ds, that makes me think it is even less likely to be the case here.

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 05, 2013, 10:10:21 pm »

I haven't read BM1-4, so I guess there's that.  But still, if its been used before in BM on f.ds, that makes me think it is even less likely to be the case here.

So I am clearly not scum without a night-kill, because there likely aren't any.  Just a few posts ago I must have been scum without a night kill to even suggest the possibility.
Stop reading my signature.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 05, 2013, 10:13:06 pm »

it was kind of original when I did it!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 05, 2013, 10:18:12 pm »

So I am clearly not scum without a night-kill, because there likely aren't any.  Just a few posts ago I must have been scum without a night kill to even suggest the possibility.

Good point.

I don't see eHal copying previous mafia games in this one.  I also don't see anyone requesting to be scum without an NK.  So I think that may lean MORE toward you NOT being scum without an NK.

BUT, the fact that you raised it like that is suspicious.  But then again, I guess if you read it in Jo's game, you could have thought of it from there.

Are you scum with an NK that was blocked?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 06, 2013, 12:19:26 am »

So I say we go through and give reads on everyone, even if its weak, try and put everyone in a category.

Town:
Dsell(looks to be playing smart with his votes, thought behind it, not jumping on anything)
Joth(playing his usual game but not forced)
Liopoil(has some good opinions, I actually find you town, this may be bad, I'm always wrong on you)
Robz888(seems to be laying low, what I expect from town town robz)
Ashersky, axxle, eevee(all seem somewhat town to me)

Scum:
Mail-mi(woah just ran through his posts, everyone is a vote...and with no reasoning of his own)
Razzishi(seems to have more setup knowledge for speculation)
Arch(similar reason to razzishi, felt like he was covering when caught)
Spiritbears(seems less aggressive than I expect, could be due to growth in play style)
Glazria(has had way less impact than I expect from town galz)
Jorbles(lots of quality posts trying to make sense of things/similar setup info as arch and razzishi)

So here is my list, stronger reads are closer to the top(top town read dsell, top scum read mail-mi)

Also I wanna say my scum reads are stronger than my town reads which is somewhat unusual for me. I suggest everyone do this, I have requoted and edited my old post. I really think catching scum is easiest when they have to say how they feel about there partners.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #309 on: April 06, 2013, 01:12:43 am »

MC-   I'm not sure it would be wise to draw any conclusions from that "game that shall not be named" regarding my play style....

And not really the response I really expected from jorbles.

vote:jorbles
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 06, 2013, 02:34:21 am »

vote: jorbles
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 06, 2013, 02:39:14 am »

Vote: jorbles
For overkill!

That's pretty scummy of spiritbears to run up jorbles knowing morgs still in the game.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 06, 2013, 02:39:38 am »

ha haaaaaa

suckers

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 06, 2013, 02:40:38 am »

Gah wrong game, and Gah why can morg post.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 06, 2013, 02:41:45 am »

Gah wrong game, and Gah why can morg post.
heeheehee

Mad, I tell you.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: BMIX: Conspiracy Theories, London Edition (Night 2)
« Reply #315 on: April 06, 2013, 03:19:29 am »

Accusations fly in the town meeting, but it is not long before most of the fingers are pointed at Jorbles. 

"He has a funny smell about him!" 
"His teeth are unusually white!"
"He's a great listener!"
"He sneezed at me this one time!" 

Surely one of those things is a good reason to end a life.

The town ties up the protesting fellow.  It's close, they can feel it -- just one more vote would be the proverbial nail in the coffin.

Then the meeting room darkens.  The air grows heavy, grows red.  A dull echo fills the space with aching.  The crimson smoke resolves itself into a ghostly figure... Morgrim?!

The town recoils in horror.  Had he come back from the dead to seize vengeance?  The figure raises an ethereal hand high into the air.  It towers above the paralyzed crowd, reaching through the roof into the very heavens.

And then the hand descends.  Swiftly.  And in that rush, vapor rushes into Morgrim's curled fingers of smoke.  The vapor takes the form of... a hammer.

Jorbles has been lynched!

Morgrim's laughter rings through the stunned silence, but it is no longer a supernatural hum in the air.  The haze settles -- Morgrim is standing where Jorbles had been, now as corporeal as any regular schmuck.  And he looks somewhat more jorblish than before.

Morgrim has risen!

There is an awkward silence as Morgrim's laughter becomes a chuckle, then nothing at all.  Morgrim sighs.  "I'm gonna go home, eat a gallon of ice cream and have a nice hot bubble bath.  Maybe that'll cheer me up..."

Nobody tries to stop Morgrim.  After he has gone, the villagers quickly decide to adjourn for the day.  They all literally run home.

But what of Jorbles?

He stands up and coughs.  "Ugh, I need a beer."
Jorbles dusts himself off and goes home. 

The lynch is unsuccessful.

Vote Count 2.3

Jorbles (8): Galzria, Eevee, Robz888, jotheonah, Dsell, ashersky, spiritbears, Morgrim7
jotheonah (1): Jorbles
mcmcsalot (1): Axxle
Robz888 (1): Archetype

Not voting (4): liopoil, mail-mi, mcmcsalot, Razzishi

With 14 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Lynch occurred on: April 6, 12:34am MDT
deadline was: Monday April 29, 9:00pm MDT
time banked: 24 days (rounded up)

Night 2 has begun.
All QTs are now unlocked.  Night actions are due in 4 days by 1AM MDT on Wednesday, April 10 (but preferably earlier if you guys can swing it).

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: BMIX: Conspiracy Theories, London Edition (Day 3)
« Reply #316 on: April 08, 2013, 02:10:30 am »

The town of London is restless this morning.  A cliched sense of foreboding fills the air.  It just feels like the dead will not stay dead, but nobody they've lynched has proven to be a monster so far.  Granted, Morgrim's return is somewhat frightening, but that is something to discuss in today's town meeting.  But the dawn brings good news for the side of good!

Jorbles is dead.  He was a Werewolf Lover.  There are two large wounds where he has been pierced through the chest, presumably by at least one silver item.  Having died on a night with a full moon, his features are still significantly lupine.  It is not clear how anyone figured out that the man was a lover.  There is probably some sort of genetic test.

At the town meeting, a quick attendance check confirms that nobody else died during the night.

There is certainly a great deal to discuss today.  So let's get to it, London.

Today's Theme Song is You Give Love A Bad Name by Jon Bon Jovi.

Did you guys know that Jon Bon Jovi has another song called "Shot Through The Heart"?  I didn't.

Day 3 Start

Vote Count 3.1

Not voting (14): Archetype, ashersky, Axxle, Dsell, Eevee, Galzria, jotheonah, liopoil, mail-mi, mcmcsalot, Morgrim7, Razzishi, Robz888, spiritbears

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

24 banked days + 7 new days = 31 days to deadline
hard deadline is Thursday May 9, 12:00am MDT

Thread unlocked!

For your convenience, the first post of the thread has been updated with links to each day start post.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 02:15:22 am by eHalcyon »

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 08, 2013, 02:55:25 am »

Wierd...doesn't a Lover usually have someone else who also dies when they die?  I had that role in my first BM game ever.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 08, 2013, 02:56:58 am »

And hey, the scum slip was real!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 08, 2013, 03:00:25 am »

So further set-up speculation...

Given one kill per night, there's some great blocking/jailing/doctoring going on.  Jorbles didn't kill himself, so we need to assume there is in fact a team other than Jorbles's.

And what the heck with Morgrim?  I still lean scum there, what with his janitored lynch, then smoke hammer.  I don't know.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 08, 2013, 04:12:13 am »

By the way guys, I'm going to attempt to be semi-V/LA until Wednesday.  I might not succeed, but that is the goal.  So try not to quicklynch again. :P

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 08, 2013, 05:10:45 am »

Im back guys! Did ya miss me?

Mad, I tell you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 08, 2013, 09:04:33 am »

This is all very strange. I'm beginning to suspect that we can't lynch. Thoughts?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 08, 2013, 10:18:56 am »

try not to quicklynch again. :P
Let's listen to him!
Im back guys! Did ya miss me?
Nope!  ;D. Oh, and morgrim, your claim didn't make any sense. Please fullclaim, everything. chances are we just lynch you again though...
This is all very strange. I'm beginning to suspect that we can't lynch. Thoughts?
Of course we can lynch!! I am confused by this post.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 08, 2013, 10:40:32 am »

My claim made no sense? How?

Mad, I tell you.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 17 queries.