Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56  All

Author Topic: BMIX: Conspiracy Theories, London Edition (Game Over, Conspiracy Theorists Win?)  (Read 118196 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: BMIX: Conspiracy Theories, London Edition (Day 2)
« Reply #225 on: April 04, 2013, 12:21:41 pm »

Has Razzishi made any contributions to this game? I don't remember this person saying anything, but maybe I'm not paying enough attention.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 04, 2013, 12:22:38 pm »

Has Razzishi made any contributions to this game? I don't remember this person saying anything, but maybe I'm not paying enough attention.
I recall being mildly impressed at his play as a new guy, but dunno.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 04, 2013, 12:23:10 pm »

He does have more posts than you do at least.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2013, 12:24:25 pm »

buuuuuuuurn

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2013, 12:24:36 pm »

Okay I reread them, there is one good post and the rest is posting pictures of rocks, doing votecounts and fixing errors in vote counts. Seems about on par with the general activity of this town day 1.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2013, 12:27:15 pm »

Okay I reread them, there is one good post and the rest is posting pictures of rocks, doing votecounts and fixing errors in vote counts. Seems about on par with the general activity of this town day 1.
That rock is still very suspicious...
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2013, 01:10:40 pm »

Yeahhhh I don't think scum would say they dislike someone a bunch and then kill them, wouldn't that just draw attention?

Classic WIFOM. Wouldn't put it past him at all. I think Occam's Razor applies here.

Or I'm mounting the most inept frame ever.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 04, 2013, 01:11:54 pm »

Hopefully this post will be "good", I don't have much time to make it, but some decent thought went into it.

I don't see the point of scum making a kill on Axxle2.  He didn't make a single post all day, so why would the scum be concerned about him?  No, I think Axxle2 was a Vig kill by a Town Vampire whose NK is mandatory.  If Scum had a NK, it was somehow blocked, but it's also possible there is no scum with a NK.  Remember, this is a Bastard game.  There might be no scummy scum, or what passes for scum has no NK.
Stop reading my signature.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 04, 2013, 01:12:07 pm »

Okay, just looked. He never posted, so now we've gotten almost no info out of D1. Or at least no info that's public anyways. I guess we're a bit past RVS, but I don't see us building much in the way of great cases today.
People did end the day ridiculously early yesterday.  Maybe to prevent info?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2013, 01:13:55 pm »

Yeahhhh I don't think scum would say they dislike someone a bunch and then kill them, wouldn't that just draw attention?

Classic WIFOM. Wouldn't put it past him at all. I think Occam's Razor applies here.

Or I'm mounting the most inept frame ever.
It's hardly a secret that mcmc hates Axxle2, and who can blame him?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2013, 01:15:54 pm »

Hopefully this post will be "good", I don't have much time to make it, but some decent thought went into it.

I don't see the point of scum making a kill on Axxle2.  He didn't make a single post all day, so why would the scum be concerned about him?  No, I think Axxle2 was a Vig kill by a Town Vampire whose NK is mandatory.  If Scum had a NK, it was somehow blocked, but it's also possible there is no scum with a NK.  Remember, this is a Bastard game.  There might be no scummy scum, or what passes for scum has no NK.
It could be multiball, scum would be trying to go for other scum.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2013, 01:51:41 pm »

I see it as a tactic of information denial. Janitoring Morgrim means we don't know his alignment and role, and then NKing a player who almost no one interacted with. We're basically where we started casting votes based on reads with little solid evidence.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2013, 02:04:26 pm »

I really like Axxle2, dude is hilarious!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2013, 04:35:57 pm »

Or maybe there wasn't any tactical reason for it at all and the killer just wanted to be nice and let everyone stay in the game (minus Axxle2)!  ;)

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2013, 04:37:58 pm »

Or maybe there wasn't any tactical reason for it at all and the killer just wanted to be nice and let everyone stay in the game (minus Axxle2)!  ;)
Poor guy.  He's been crying off in the corner all day.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2013, 04:41:41 pm »

@Robz: You were on Archetype yesterday thinking he was an SK, what do you think now?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2013, 05:51:05 pm »

Town read on axxle as usual. Town read on Joth, he's comin out of the gate how I expect him too but it's not forced. Still curious of rashisi and ash(i believe) while I like speculation of the setup any unconventional setups are more likely to be suggested by people who would fit into them.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2013, 05:56:23 pm »

Town read on axxle as usual. Town read on Joth, he's comin out of the gate how I expect him too but it's not forced. Still curious of rashisi and ash(i believe) while I like speculation of the setup any unconventional setups are more likely to be suggested by people who would fit into them.

Razisshi is suspect, for sure, from his last post.

Scum without an NK?  What is that?  Who thinks of that?  Scum without an NK.  I mean, it is just way out there, and a neat idea for a bastard game, but I don't think someone normally suggests this as a possibility.

vote: Razzishi
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2013, 06:07:14 pm »

@Robz: You were on Archetype yesterday thinking he was an SK, what do you think now?

I'm still fairly suspicious of him.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2013, 07:40:40 pm »

I went to read joth's posts. There are only 3 of them. He didn't even vote yesterday, and one of the others made me suspicious of him. I think he's a great candidate for lynching.

Razzishi

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2013, 07:48:28 pm »

Razisshi is suspect, for sure, from his last post.

Scum without an NK?  What is that?  Who thinks of that?  Scum without an NK.  I mean, it is just way out there, and a neat idea for a bastard game, but I don't think someone normally suggests this as a possibility.

vote: Razzishi

Are you playing a different game than I am?  I'm pretty sure this game isn't normal.  Recall that there were no rules posted at all.  We have no reason to believe that the standard game of Mafia is even being played.  For instance, one of my many theories is that we're all Town.  How would there be a game, you ask?  Well, consider that I am told I win when there are no threats to me left.  Maybe some of the Townsfolk are threats to me, and some aren't.  Those supposed threats might be in the same boat I am, winning when there are no threats to them left.  They're not scum because they have a town-styled win condition and no night-kill, but they might still be designated a threat to me because of flavor reasons or whatever.  I suspect each of us (or at least the vast majority of us) is a werewolf, vampire, alien, conspiracy theorist, piece of cheese, or similar that certain other groups consider threatening, but not all groups.  We have no clue which groups are threatening, we just have to play until the mod tell us the game is over.

My attitude towards this is certainly going to draw suspicion on me, but consider the fact that I chose to play in a Bastard game for my first one here.  I like thinking up wild and crazy ideas for how the mod is going to screw around with out preconceptions of how Mafia is played, and I would regardless of my alignment.

Razzishi

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 04, 2013, 07:52:45 pm »

Some typos near the end of that post that I didn't catch in previews because I tend to assume what I just wrote is perfect.  "our" for "out" in the last sentence and "tells" for "tell" at the end of the previous paragraph.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 04, 2013, 07:57:16 pm »

Some typos near the end of that post that I didn't catch in previews because I tend to assume what I just wrote is perfect.  "our" for "out" in the last sentence and "tells" for "tell" at the end of the previous paragraph.

+1
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 04, 2013, 07:57:27 pm »

I came up with was this, which while not helpful looks like a fun forum game.
I have never even heard of that game! We should try it sometime!
/sarcasm

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 04, 2013, 08:00:11 pm »

I came up with was this, which while not helpful looks like a fun forum game.
I have never even heard of that game! We should try it sometime!
/sarcasm

Are we already trying it?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 17 queries.