Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 224113 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 2)
« Reply #1375 on: April 06, 2013, 08:32:49 am »

Alright, it looks like one of the only valid lynches, Vote: Insomniac
Woah? yuma and ozle (two inherently very suspicious people due to being off wagon) vote for Ins and suddenly he is one of the only viable lynches?

If you are going to sheep, you should at least not sheep the off wagon guys. Sucks that they are the only ones posting.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 06, 2013, 09:05:43 am »

Alright, it looks like one of the only valid lynches, Vote: Insomniac
Woah? yuma and ozle (two inherently very suspicious people due to being off wagon) vote for Ins and suddenly he is one of the only viable lynches?

If you are going to sheep, you should at least not sheep the off wagon guys. Sucks that they are the only ones posting.

I think Ozle is still viable.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 06, 2013, 09:19:19 am »

The case on insom is identical to the one on jimm.

Insom responded angrily early on and has now responded with very minimal insight and scum hunting.

Jimm responded by saying he would contribute over and over and over. He has done no scum hunting.

Jimm is better than insom I think though I'll lynch either at this point. Good to know our lurkers are going to continue lurking, simply come in and have a burst of post when it gets dangerous, this is scum lurking not town.

I know post counts aren't everything but I have 88 posts to your 86. I'm not saying I've contributed a lot; I haven't. This game so far has not been my shining moment as Town. But it wouldn't be as scum either. See LoTR for that. When I'm scum, I don't try to avoid being lynched, I do my best to ensure that people are convinced that I am Town. If we compare our two contributions, neither of us contributed to the Kooshie lynch, and today you've been Tunnelling me for most of the day with this big case that basically amounted to LaLL and a lot of fluff. I'm slowly building up my contributions and now think it's likely there is scum in sudgy and mail-mi. I am concerned that scum thought my mislynch was going to go through and are now trying to bring people back to what they thought was a given, however you are not my biggest suspect in that regard.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 06, 2013, 09:29:24 am »

People who still think that jimm is the most likely of us to flip today, have you seen the dragon quicktopic for RMM7? Do you think that Jimmm doesn't care about this game for some reason or that he decided to delibirately play like this in hopes of seeming super towny?

Exactly. In fact, Vote: sudgy for not realising this earlier.

What was I supposed to say before the RMM7 was over?  "I'm not voting for Jimmmmm because I know he's scum in a game he's in and is playing differently now."  It hurt me slightly to vote for you (I still did have a bit of a suspicion of you).  Unvote.

Now, I find ashersky a bit suspicious for voting for me when I'm playing the same as I did in MXXI, when he knew I was town that game.  But he did unvote...  I'm not sure.  I guess I could lynch either him or Ozle (for the reasons you guys gave).

What do you mean it hurt you slightly to vote for me? An unfortunate consequence of being involved in multiple games at once is that you can deduce things that you can't argue. My belief is that if you were Town, you'd see how I was playing in LoTR, see how I've been playing here, and deduce that my being scum here would be unlikely. Obviously you can't make that argument. But feeling like that does not lead you to say that you're suspicious of me because you've played with me as Town for one game day and I didn't lurk then. This is arguing something that you have not deduced, something that Townies don't do and scum have to do.

I'm not getting behind the Jimmmmm lynch because he's not playing as he did in RMM7 (of course this doesn't clear him, just makes me more willing to lynch Insom).

This is so fake, and it's not a stance you can take any more. You knew I was different here than my scum self ages ago, yet you argued the opposite.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 06, 2013, 09:44:38 am »

Jimmm's thing about sudgy is actually very incriminating. Maybe even enough to lynch from the wagon?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: April 06, 2013, 09:47:02 am »

This means that I'd rather lynch insomniac but if ozle becomes the only possible lynch (hes getting close) then I will vote for him.
Speaking of the day going on...when are we going to end this thing? D2 has lasted much longer than it should.

seriously. LOOK TWO POSTS ABOVE YOU!

Seriously though guys... New softdeadline after the weekend? Monday at noon forum time?

then again, why am I surprised. Everyone ignored the suggestion of having a softdeadline last time... why would they everyone pay attention this time?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 06, 2013, 09:50:51 am »

How does soft deadlines work though? We cant nolynch. We don't have consensus yet. Come monday, the guy with the highest vote tally will be lynched without majority? What if off wagon people simply refuse to vote? What if the lynchee claims something that changes everything?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 06, 2013, 09:53:37 am »

How does soft deadlines work though? We cant nolynch. We don't have consensus yet. Come monday, the guy with the highest vote tally will be lynched without majority? What if off wagon people simply refuse to vote? What if the lynchee claims something that changes everything?

the idea... and it has worked in the past. Is to get everyone to agree, work toward a lynch by then, and then if we don't reach the deadline. We lynch the person that is stopping the lynch from happening.

However, in this game, this hasn't worked because 1. people haven't even acknowledged proposed soft deadlines, much less agreed to them, 2. worked toward anything together (myself included here).

The idea is that if you are town, work toward a lynch. If you are mafia, you can either try and play along and appear town or stop the lynch. If you stop the lynch, we will lynch you instead. If you are town, don't stop the lynch.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 06, 2013, 09:59:05 am »

I acknowledge your deadline and I will vote for whoever has the most votes at the deadline, or the last time I expect to log off before the deadline.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: April 06, 2013, 10:14:58 am »

I'm fine with that. I imagine the people who don't want to lynch ozle might not be though..

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 06, 2013, 11:03:44 am »

Yea jimm, I'm do see the post count issue, and I really aren't after you for low post count its all about the ill contribute soon posts which I find super scummy. I was not in this other game that is giving people a town read but enough people have said it so I am willing to go along. Eevee, raerae, sudgy have all said that your not playing the scum game they excpect, so I will go with that I don't think they are all scum. I think ozzle or insom are our lynch for the day, both off wagon. Insom sounded towny to me when he responded but hes gone now again and I'm not sure what to do. He has a posting pattern of posting on fridays and wednesdays, which looks to me like those are the times he has, and not that he is lurking till he feels he needs to pop in. So I think I would rather an ozzle lynch.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 06, 2013, 11:16:43 am »

One thing to note that if no votes move around at all before the soft deadline, I have quite a bit of power as I can decide to lynch Ozle instead of myself (Ozle is already voting for me, I am not voting for Ozle.) That said I don't think the Ozle case is that good, and still think sudgy is the way to go today.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 06, 2013, 11:16:59 am »

I soft deadline which we actually follow? I'm good with that :D. Vote: Mail-mi for being scummy... and a better lynch than insom and ozle.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 06, 2013, 11:17:51 am »

This means that I'd rather lynch insomniac but if ozle becomes the only possible lynch (hes getting close) then I will vote for him.
Speaking of the day going on...when are we going to end this thing? D2 has lasted much longer than it should.

seriously. LOOK TWO POSTS ABOVE YOU!

Seriously though guys... New softdeadline after the weekend? Monday at noon forum time?

then again, why am I surprised. Everyone ignored the suggestion of having a softdeadline last time... why would they everyone pay attention this time?
Yes, yuma I DID see that. I was wondering if people would actually follow the softdeadline this time around, though.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: April 06, 2013, 11:21:01 am »

...blitzing at the end would be kinda fun... but bad for town :P

lekkit: VOTE FOR SOMEBODY!!
insom: looks like sudgy lynch isn't happening, mind voting for someone else?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware
« Reply #1390 on: April 06, 2013, 11:37:31 am »

So many people!  I get them confused when I try to put into words what I think of them, but I'll try my best on who I can call to mind.  Maybe do a few rereads, even.

Jimm: Contributing, giving opinions, no reads, really, but otherwise very towny.  Actually, not many people have put in reads.  So, Lekkit, why point at me?
Raerae: Not much of a read, kinda towny.  Is Jimm's vote still on her?  I can't remember the reason.  At one point he voted her just because she said not to, if they were voting because of lurking.
Ashersky: Right now all I can think of is his tells.  He's pretty much stopped doing that, but it might take a little before something more solid enters my mind.  Because of this, he's a big null.
Liopoil: ahhh, him.  Don't like how he's tunneling and won't say for a second that I might possibly be town.  How can he be so sure?  Oh, yeah, if I get lynched and flip town, he's in a teensy bit of trouble.  He seems surer than he should be, though.  I get town and scum feelings from him, but I guess overall... slightly scummy.
Jorbles: town vibes, but a bit of sheeping might have been in there.  Nothing serious, though.
Mail-mi: Sheeeeeeeeeeeepy.  Like usual.  When he was town.  So towny, but not strongly, as it could be an all-around trait for him
Lekkit: also rather sheeping liopoil.  When he said he like liopoil's case on me and defended it, he still didn't vote for me.  He did soon after, but why not then?  Suspicious.
you know, with a scum lynch D1 and all, we really should be able to get a lynch through, with lots of interactions and stuff. This is pretty much all that kooshie interacted with other people here. I think our biggest things we have to go on are interactions with kooshie, and place on wagon/off wagon. We seem fairly confident that there is at least one scum off-wagon (I am as well), and I also think that there is at least one scum in the above list. So that's Jimmmmm, raerae, ashersky, liopoil, jorbles, mail-mi, and lekkit. If we cross off people who were somewhat early on the wagon then we have Jimmmmm, raerae, ashersky, lekkit, mail-mi. I'll also take out lekkit because her comment on him actually makes him look towny. So, mail-mi, ash, and raerae are the last three on the kooshie wagon (in that order) and Jimmmmm is off wagon. I have lots of doubts that it will be possible to lynch Jimmmmm today. My vote is currently on mail-mi, but raerae and ashersky are now much higher on my "scummy-list"

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 06, 2013, 11:38:27 am »

So many people!  I get them confused when I try to put into words what I think of them, but I'll try my best on who I can call to mind.  Maybe do a few rereads, even.

Jimm: Contributing, giving opinions, no reads, really, but otherwise very towny.  Actually, not many people have put in reads.  So, Lekkit, why point at me?
Raerae: Not much of a read, kinda towny.  Is Jimm's vote still on her?  I can't remember the reason.  At one point he voted her just because she said not to, if they were voting because of lurking.
Ashersky: Right now all I can think of is his tells.  He's pretty much stopped doing that, but it might take a little before something more solid enters my mind.  Because of this, he's a big null.
Liopoil: ahhh, him.  Don't like how he's tunneling and won't say for a second that I might possibly be town.  How can he be so sure?  Oh, yeah, if I get lynched and flip town, he's in a teensy bit of trouble.  He seems surer than he should be, though.  I get town and scum feelings from him, but I guess overall... slightly scummy.
Jorbles: town vibes, but a bit of sheeping might have been in there.  Nothing serious, though.
Mail-mi: Sheeeeeeeeeeeepy.  Like usual.  When he was town.  So towny, but not strongly, as it could be an all-around trait for him
Lekkit: also rather sheeping liopoil.  When he said he like liopoil's case on me and defended it, he still didn't vote for me.  He did soon after, but why not then?  Suspicious.
you know, with a scum lynch D1 and all, we really should be able to get a lynch through, with lots of interactions and stuff. This is pretty much all that kooshie interacted with other people here. I think our biggest things we have to go on are interactions with kooshie, and place on wagon/off wagon. We seem fairly confident that there is at least one scum off-wagon (I am as well), and I also think that there is at least one scum in the above list. So that's Jimmmmm, raerae, ashersky, liopoil, jorbles, mail-mi, and lekkit. If we cross off people who were somewhat early on the wagon then we have Jimmmmm, raerae, ashersky, lekkit, mail-mi. I'll also take out lekkit because her comment on him actually makes him look towny. So, mail-mi, ash, and raerae are the last three on the kooshie wagon (in that order) and Jimmmmm is off wagon. I have lots of doubts that it will be possible to lynch Jimmmmm today. My vote is currently on mail-mi, but raerae and ashersky are now much higher on my "scummy-list"

quoting fixed.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 06, 2013, 11:42:43 am »

Liopoil has been pushing for on wagon for a long time, who wants to bet ozzle/insom/jimm combo of scum with a liopil partner who was the smart on on wagon and diverting for them. This does not mean I want to go for liopoil, just a thought.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 06, 2013, 12:08:31 pm »

Liopoil has been pushing for on wagon for a long time, who wants to bet ozzle/insom/jimm combo of scum with a liopil partner who was the smart on on wagon and diverting for them. This does not mean I want to go for liopoil, just a thought.

add yourself into that list and I might just be willing to take you up on that bet.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 06, 2013, 02:50:22 pm »

I'm fine with yuma's soft deadline and voting for whoever has the most votes at that time.  This day is painful.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: April 06, 2013, 03:16:57 pm »

I'll be in school at that time but Sunday night I will vote for whomever has the mist votes on them (I may, emphasis on the may, vote for myself if that is the case.)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 06, 2013, 03:50:57 pm »

I might be willing to do that too.  This day is dragging on.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 06, 2013, 04:07:05 pm »

Vote Count 2.16

sudgy (1) -- Insomniac
Ozle (4) -- ashersky, mcmcsalot, raerae, Eevee
mail-mi (3) -- Archetype, Jimm, liopoil
Insomniac (5) -- mail-mi, Jorbles, yuma, Ozle, sudgy {L-3}

Not Voting (1) -- Lekkit

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The game ends on April 29th at 7:00 PM. There are 23 days left.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 06, 2013, 04:12:58 pm »

Also, Jimm, insom, and sparky/Arche and liopoil ate the only ones going on wagon.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 06, 2013, 04:23:36 pm »

I could go insom... He's not the best lynch, but I will put my vote on him as we get closer to monday if the only other candidate seems to be ozle.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.