Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 225547 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 2)
« Reply #1175 on: April 03, 2013, 09:01:51 am »

Oh, I forgot you were a co-mod of LoTR. raerae knew my alignment?

Raerae investigated you the night you Godfathered.  You killed her.

Wait, I'm confused. So raerae absolutely didn't know my alignment?

Right.  Yuma is confusing folks from that game.

Galz, Yuma, and I had the Mod QT.  sudgy was your partner.  No one else knew you were scum until today.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: April 03, 2013, 09:05:51 am »

"Changing up his game" I could see happening, just willingly attracting suspicion like this just isnt a reasonable change.

And look, I'm not saying he couldnt be scum. I'm saying he isnt the most likely to be scum! Anyone else COULD be scum too.

ozle and sudgy are both good targets in my opinion.

I'm not saying that I objectively couldn't be scum either. I'm saying given that now we have a great example of me actually being scum and given how I've played this game it should seem really unlikely. When I'm scum, my goal is to get Towncred, and I really haven't done anything to that end. Maybe I've planned that all along though, so that after LoTR ended I could use this exact argument, except I really had no idea when LoTR was going to end. For a while I thought I was going to be lynched before it ended, and it would be too late to make this argument.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: April 03, 2013, 09:12:08 am »

Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: April 03, 2013, 09:15:40 am »

Unvote myself.

What a surprise.
Do you notice how alone you are with your ashersky suspicion? Does is matter to you at all? You make it seem like everyone thinks he is scum when in my understanding it's mostly you thinking that and being very vocal about it.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 03, 2013, 09:32:49 am »

Yea I can get behind the ozzle lynch. Still need to look back at him and Yuma. I'm now feeling it hard to ramp myself up in this game again. I burned out on my Jimm insom power push.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 03, 2013, 09:44:22 am »

Unvote myself.

What a surprise.
Do you notice how alone you are with your ashersky suspicion? Does is matter to you at all? You make it seem like everyone thinks he is scum when in my understanding it's mostly you thinking that and being very vocal about it.

You mean apart from the big case I put together that everyone seems to be ignoring rather than you and Ash voting for me based on pretty much nothing?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: April 03, 2013, 09:58:34 am »

Vote: Lekkit. LALL. I still think he has the least content, and his vote on kooshie is really scummy.

I'm leaning town on Jimmmmm, ozle, and ashersky now. Lekkit, mail-mi, or sudgy are the best lynches for today I think. I really don't understand why lekkit hasn't gotten more attention for lurking, and my guess is that it's because he's scum and there are two people who don't want him to be lynched.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware
« Reply #1182 on: April 03, 2013, 10:18:09 am »

I have to agree with Ash and Lio, that list is shady.  The other thing that's super off to me is the mail-mi read.  Mail-mi is fitting his meta and I see no reason to point fingers at it yet.  I am concerned that lio may be bussing but I'm less convinced of his scumitude now. 

I'll Unvote for now.
"I am concerned that lio may be bussing". this is a perfectly valid concern now, but this was during D1. Gives the sense to me that she knows kooshie is scum. Raerae is also one who joined the kooshie wagon kind of quickly. (she put kooshie at L-1 shortly after).

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 03, 2013, 02:57:41 pm »

Vote Count 2.11

Jimm (4) -- Jorbles, mcmcsalot, mail-mi, sudgy
sudgy (2) -- Insomniac, Jimm
mail-mi (1) -- raerae
Ozle (3) -- Eevee, yuma, ashersky
ashersky (1) -- Ozle
Lekkit (1) -- liopoil

Not Voting (2) -- Archetype, Lekkit

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The game ends on April 29th at 7:00 PM. There are 26 days left.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 03, 2013, 03:27:19 pm »

People who still think that jimm is the most likely of us to flip today, have you seen the dragon quicktopic for RMM7? Do you think that Jimmm doesn't care about this game for some reason or that he decided to delibirately play like this in hopes of seeming super towny?

Exactly. In fact, Vote: sudgy for not realising this earlier.

What was I supposed to say before the RMM7 was over?  "I'm not voting for Jimmmmm because I know he's scum in a game he's in and is playing differently now."  It hurt me slightly to vote for you (I still did have a bit of a suspicion of you).  Unvote.

Now, I find ashersky a bit suspicious for voting for me when I'm playing the same as I did in MXXI, when he knew I was town that game.  But he did unvote...  I'm not sure.  I guess I could lynch either him or Ozle (for the reasons you guys gave).
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: April 03, 2013, 04:18:30 pm »

Here's an argument I can make now. Ignoring the Bastard game I've been in two games which started around the same time. In one I was plenty active and most people had Town reads on me, and in the other one I haven't been been. Guess which game I've been prioritising? The game I was scum in. Read the scum QT to see all the scheming we did. I implored my teammate early on not to lurk. I hate that I've made myself resort to using this argument, but it's there.

But, as far as Town lynches go, I'm not a bad one.

Okay this sheds some new light on things, and I am going to switch my vote to sudgy because of this. I would still consider lynching Jimmmm because he could have consciously done this for this reason, but I admit it's much less likely.

Vote: sudgy

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 03, 2013, 04:52:08 pm »

Vote: sudgy because my top three lynches for today (mail-mi, lekkit, and sudgy) this seems the most likely to go through.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: April 03, 2013, 05:33:29 pm »

guys! robz is getting on a plane! if we lynch now we can have a nice long twilight!

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 03, 2013, 05:36:30 pm »

Raerae, what do you think?  You've always been good at reading me.

Anyway, I almost have the gold key.  I'm either getting it tonight or giving up.  You can lynch me tomorrow but you don't want to today because you'll lose the gold key if you do.  I'm saying this because people are voting for me like crazy.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 03, 2013, 06:18:55 pm »

Raerae, what do you think?  You've always been good at reading me.

Anyway, I almost have the gold key.  I'm either getting it tonight or giving up.  You can lynch me tomorrow but you don't want to today because you'll lose the gold key if you do.  I'm saying this because people are voting for me like crazy.

If we think there's a good chance sudgy is scum this is actually a reason to lynch him now before he can buy the key. (I think there's a better chance of this than with most people)

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 03, 2013, 06:20:15 pm »

If I am almost lynched, do you guys think I should say where the key is?  This might help scum if they don't know where it is, but a townie might be able to get there sooner.  I'm not sure...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 03, 2013, 07:03:50 pm »

I see the case on sudgy and acknowledge it. I acknowledge that it has some merit. But again I don't see it as being anything so extraordinary. None of the cases today have been. But remember we do have one big factor to take into consideration and I have said it before and will say it again.

There are three scum remaining. I refuse to believe that all three players bussed. I also find it very unlikely that two players bussed (I would put it at 33% or less). I also find it somewhat likely that all didn't buss (I would put it at 33%). As such the biggest contributing factor to finding scum I think is going to be finding ~2 scum players among the 6 off wagoners than it will be to find ~1 scum player among the 8 on wagon players.

So here again is the mini-breakdown of these players:

Ozle - who I am voting for. Jumped onto the Kooshie case late w/o ever really having participated in it.

mcmc - defended kooshie heavily. I can see why people think this is townie. However, seeing recent games in which scum won by defending (MXX, MXIX and that blitz game where Robz uber defended joth) their teammates.

jimmmm - kooshie's biggest townread. I still think obvious play is obvious. But his wagon is gone, let's not bring it back to life because it obviously aint happening today.

yuma - obvtown to me. Not to others. ash presented a case on me a ways back. Go find it if you are interested.

sparky (arch) - major lurking to the both of them. I know arch replaced in, but has he posted yet? He said he would be back Tuesday, but isn't back yet. Can we get a prod to remind Arch that he is in this game? Would be willing to lynch. also remember that sparky also jumped out of a game as scum in MXIX and lurked through the beginning of it in and was replaced by theMunch.

Insomniac - not a lot of posting, but enough content to make me content (get it?) I would like more because Insom is a great player. But I think he is giving what he can and we will just have to deal. Won't lynch.

So to rank: Ozle, mcmc, arch, jimmm, insom, yuma

I think we need to hunker down and focus our options. People seem ok with wasting time. I am not. There is only one scum team, meaning probably only one kill per night barring vig powers. This game could go on for days and days. It is a Robz game... and while last game had lots of players it lasted 11 days. This game could go 7-8 days long! We can't waste time.

End of the line. I am willing to vote for ozle, mcmc, arch and jimmm and will be voting for the player among this list that has the most votes at any given time.

I strongly encourage others to only look off wagon for today. It is tempting to look elsewhere, but all things equal, I think we are less likely to find scum on wagon. But save those cases until tomorrow when we have a little more time to analyze everything.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 03, 2013, 07:23:52 pm »

There are three scum remaining. I refuse to believe that all three players bussed. I also find it very unlikely that two players bussed (I would put it at 33% or less). I also find it somewhat likely that all didn't buss (I would put it at 33%). As such the biggest contributing factor to finding scum I think is going to be finding ~2 scum players among the 6 off wagoners than it will be to find ~1 scum player among the 8 on wagon players.

I absolutely agree with this line of reasoning.  I think your percentages are a bit generous, maybe (I don't see a 1 in 3 chance that no teammates voted for Kooshie -- at least one of the late voters or "willing to vote"-ers I think would have been a partner).  With a 4 person team, I'd guess 1 on the wagon, 2 off the wagon.

And 2/6 is a pretty good shot at finding scum.

So to those voting wagon members (Insom, Jimmmmm, Jorbles, raerae, Ozle, and Liopoil), would you be willing to look at the 6 off-wagon?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 03, 2013, 07:50:33 pm »

Alright, I agree, and it seems Ozle is the most likely (and more scummy than some of them).  Vote: Ozle.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 03, 2013, 07:58:27 pm »

vote: Ozzie
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 03, 2013, 08:02:11 pm »

What a joke this is, thats 4 votes on me without a decent reason.

I can't put up a defense to no case. Asherskys whole case on me is that i 'deflected' the kooshie lynch by voicing suspicions of eevee (someone he also 'claims to suspect)
Thats it, thats the whooooole case.

Yumas case is i jumped on the wagon, i gave full reasons for that, it was the only case going on the day, we were not getting anywhere and we were using up bankable days that were much more valuable later in the game. Its a reason, a good one in my view or i wouldn't have done it.

Half the people seem to be voting for me because i wanted to hammer kooshie, the half because i didnt. 

You people know we're not at random voting stage anymore right?
If your going to vote for me, build a case and do it properly at least.

I refuse to sit here and let you all vote for me based on throwaway lines of nothing substantial. You people are better than that.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 03, 2013, 08:09:02 pm »

Ok, maybe you aren'tbetter than that, this is a waste ofmy time.

Yay, lets all ignore thelogical way to play this game and go on gut feelings and our awesome meta reads shall.

Lets look at the last 11 games.....oh look, scum won 8/11. (Interestingly enough, the ones town won, ashersky was either scum or the mod..,in reference to our earlier discussion, .what do you think that tells you about your playstyle ashersky?)

Now lets look at the first 11 games. Town are upto50% win rate

You know why i think that is?
Because players think they have got so good at 'reading' other people that they get lazy and just do it by gut feel.

Its the equivilant of people playing poker who still think the main way to win is to watch for someonne who scratches his nose while bluffing.

You people need to stop trusting on instinct and 'meta reads' and use that actual calculating skill you have (and most of you are top dominion players so i know you have it)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 03, 2013, 08:16:12 pm »

What a joke this is, thats 4 votes on me without a decent reason.

I can't put up a defense to no case. Asherskys whole case on me is that i 'deflected' the kooshie lynch by voicing suspicions of eevee (someone he also 'claims to suspect)
Thats it, thats the whooooole case.

Yumas case is i jumped on the wagon, i gave full reasons for that, it was the only case going on the day, we were not getting anywhere and we were using up bankable days that were much more valuable later in the game. Its a reason, a good one in my view or i wouldn't have done it.

just because you gave reasons, doesn't mean I think your reasons are good. I do find it odd that ash agreed with your reasons at the time, but now finds you scummy, but we can deal with that later.

The fact remains that what you did was scummy. I think it was just slightly less scummy than the kooshie-jimmm and kooshie-mcmc interactions I have been outlining all day long. If I had done the same, you would think it was scummy. But I didn't, you did. So I am voting you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 03, 2013, 08:35:16 pm »

Lets look at the last 11 games.....oh look, scum won 8/11. (Interestingly enough, the ones town won, ashersky was either scum or the mod..,in reference to our earlier discussion, .what do you think that tells you about your playstyle ashersky?)

This may be getting out of the realm of discussing what I'm doing in this game and turning into "Ash you suck at playing this game" stuff.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 03, 2013, 08:47:21 pm »

Okay, to recap, because Ozle doesn't like the votes on him, and thinks the case sucks, here is my case (again), taking things only from my own posts.  These are things that I think seem scummy.  These are actual things Ozle did, not feelings I have or gut reads.

1.  Ozle attacked Liopoil on D1, and I think Liopoil is town.  He did this whilst defending Kooshie.
2.  Ozle tried to deflect the attention from the Kooshie case to Eevee, whilst defending Kooshie.  This happened early enough in D1 that it wasn't a scum desperation move, it was a scum calculated move.
3.  Ozle's "intent to hammer" post near the end of the day, with little reasoning.  <Note: I accept the scum points I get for the "agree with ozle's reasons" post right after it.>
4.  Ozle asked for everyone's spawning points on D2 (well, asked if anyone spawned in a hallway, and got some "no" responses before that got shut down).
5.  Ozle continuously asked me to give my reasons for finding Jimmmmm towny, even though I had given them multiple times.
6.  Ozle used the "artificially inflating his post count" argument in his case against me.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 20 queries.