Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 225642 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 2)
« Reply #1250 on: April 04, 2013, 08:41:11 pm »

alright, going to start skimming everything to save some time.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: April 04, 2013, 09:26:31 pm »

So here's what I've got so far. It's not super in-depth stuff or anything, but it's better than nothing.

DO NOT MAPCLAIM! Seriously, don't. Scum knows the entirety of the bank and will be able to pinpoint your location and Pillage you. Just don't do it. It'll give much more information to Scum than to Town.

Pretty big townreads on Ozle, raerae, and ashersky.

Ozle: Taking the game seriously by providing thoughtful critiques and evidence instead of just looking for the easy lynch. He's responded well to attacks on him and shares my same opinions about mapclaiming.

raerae: Drove that Kooshie lynch all the way. I'd be very surprised if she was scum, but she's a fairly advanced player and knows a good bussing opportunity when she sees one.

ashersky: Not quite sure why, but I'm getting some towny vibes here. The whole "You did X! That's a Y-tell" was sort of annoying, but gives off a sort of towny read, in a way. He's also been fairly openminded about lynches and just like Ozle isn't always gunning for the easy lynch.

People I want to lynch:

Jorbles, Jimmmmm, or mail-mi

Jorbles: People have tried getting some wagons going on him, but they just won't start up. Could it be because he's scum? I'm not sure, but he's said a few things that don't really match my thinking on things. I want to see if a wagon could really form on him, or if scum doesn't want to afford another dead scumbuddy.

Jimmmmm: Sort of the same reason as Jorbles, except opposite. He's reached L-1 several times, but people keep drawing attention away from his lynch. He also pushed the mapclaiming-twice, something that I strongly feel shouldn't happen, and have said some pretty generally scummy things. He also got pretty angry about the wagon that was forming on him. And anger usually means scum.

mail-mi: Mainly because of that really terrible townplay he made (or was it brilliant scum play...?). I'd rather have someone just vig him instead of wasting our lynch on him, but man. Scum's bound to know where he is now and he would be the perfect target for a Pillage. And if Scum can get it instead, then it's going to be extremely difficult for any of us to get into those more powerful rooms.

I'm also considering no lynching. This is mainly because I want to try out this whole map exploration thing :P

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: April 04, 2013, 09:27:41 pm »

Jimmmmm: Sort of the same reason as Jorbles, except opposite. He's reached L-1 several times, but people keep drawing attention away from his lynch. He also pushed the mapclaiming-twice, something that I strongly feel shouldn't happen, and have said some pretty generally scummy things. He also got pretty angry about the wagon that was forming on him. And anger usually means scum.

Gosh I sound scummy. Please back this up with quotes.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: April 04, 2013, 09:32:07 pm »

Read my case on you jimm, thats what hes talking about. I can bring it up too date as you may be lynched now. Arch can hammer you now if we all go back.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: April 04, 2013, 09:34:41 pm »

some early vote analysis:

Today people have voted for..... (number in front is the votes in order that they occurred, votes in ( ) are the number of votes on that person including that vote.

Jimm: 37 - sudgy (2), 47 - archetype (2)

raerae: 27 - mail-mi (1), 52 - Ozle (3)

yuma: 15 - mail-mi (1), 23 - jimm (6), 30 - ash (1), 31 - jimmm (6), 35 - ash (2), 38 - Ozle (2), 46 - archetype (1)

ashersky: 5 - eevee (1), 7 - Insom (4), 11- mcmc (1), 21 - jorbles (1), 24 - yuma (1), 26 - Ozle (1), 33 - ash (1), 39 - Ozle (3)

Insomniac: 8 - sudgy (1)

Eevee: 9 - sparky (1), 27 - Ozle (2), 29 - mail-mi (2), 32 - ozle (2), 49 - archetype (4)

Jorbles: 1 - insomniac (1), 6 - Jimm (2), 19 - Insomniac (1), 20 - Jimmm (6), 41 - sudgy (3), 53 - Jimmmm (1)

liopoil: 10 - Jimm (3), 34 - mail-mi (2), 40 - Lekkit (1), 42 - sudgy (4), 51 - archetype (6)

archetype

mcmcsalot: 13 - Jimmm (5), 45 - Ozle (5)

sudgy: 2 - insomniac (2), 14 - Jimmm (6), 25 - yuma (2), 28 - Jimm (6), 43 - Ozle (4), 50 - archetype (5)

Lekkit

Ozle: 3 - Jimmmm (1), 36 - ash (3)

mail-mi: 4 - Insomniac (3), 12 - Jimmm (4), 16 - liopoil (1), 17 - sparky (1), 18 - Jimmm (6), 22 - insomniac (1), 24 - Jimmmm (7), 48 - archetype (3)

So obvious stuff from this... first no votes from Lekkit or arch/sparky. That is bad. Also bad is Insomniac only voting once.

Surprising is how few times both ozle and mcmc have voted (as well as jimmm and raerae). I think some scum is very likely to be in that grouping of four, maybe 2, at least 1.  People who I think are townier based off their voting: mail-mi, ash and jorbles because they are really trying, probing and being towny with their votes, except for ash's self vote--but I basically asked him to do that.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: April 04, 2013, 09:35:22 pm »

vote: Jimm just did a reread, omg he super scummy.

He makes a few posts about map claim and backs down when he realizes what pillage does.
Asks about where xieron, pat, insom are.
Pushes the fact that people who go out of their way to seem townie are scummy. Really slight way of casting mass suspicion on targets that have nothing to do with actually being scummy.
Mentions doing something for the sake of town cred is scummy which I agree about but honestly doesn't do anything but gain him town cred...
Vote's raerae for lurking as a joke in post #347. He himself had not posted for 114 posts, and goes on to not post for 50 posts(has one post in between saying he is behind and will catch up)
Comes back and starts talking about the matter at hand no lynching, which again is a null factor.
Post about everyone finding yuma town because we read him scummy.
*** disappears for 160 posts***
talks about the matter at hand again(its a new day) that xieron was a weird lynch.
*** disappears for 103 posts***
apologizes for lurking, and says him being newbie scum is a bad argument because he pointed out xieron was a wierd kill. Everyone knew it was a wierd kill, he just said it first and then used that to defend himself later, scummy to me.
He still has not done any scum hunting or adding to the conversation, nor done a reread about anything. When he brings up a new topic, should the person we lynch mapclaim? second time he has brought up claiming.
Has done nothing but said he will reread and address things since then.

If he isn't scum I am going to be extremely sad.

I hve felt like I have lurked too much and I have posted tons more content. Also my period of absence was 558-697, 139 posts which is less than one of jimms absences. He has been saying he will start posting for over half the game...

This is my origional thing I guess I didn't quote either, I used ctrl f to go through all his posts, theres not that many so it doesnt take long.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: April 04, 2013, 09:37:11 pm »

sorry, above it should be lio, not mail-mi for looking townier from their votes.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: April 04, 2013, 09:38:05 pm »

Read my case on you jimm, thats what hes talking about. I can bring it up too date as you may be lynched now. Arch can hammer you now if we all go back.

Isn't this the part where we let the person who was asked the question answer?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: April 04, 2013, 09:38:19 pm »

vote: ozle

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: April 04, 2013, 09:41:11 pm »

He makes a few posts about map claim and backs down when he realizes what pillage does.
Pushes the fact that people who go out of their way to seem townie are scummy. Really slight way of casting mass suspicion on targets that have nothing to do with actually being scummy.
Mentions doing something for the sake of town cred is scummy which I agree about but honestly doesn't do anything but gain him town cred...
Vote's raerae for lurking as a joke in post #347. He himself had not posted for 114 posts, and goes on to not post for 50 posts(has one post in between saying he is behind and will catch up)
Comes back and starts talking about the matter at hand no lynching, which again is a null factor.
talks about the matter at hand again(its a new day) that xieron was a weird lynch.
apologizes for lurking, and says him being newbie scum is a bad argument because he pointed out xieron was a wierd kill. Everyone knew it was a wierd kill, he just said it first and then used that to defend himself later, scummy to me.
He still has not done any scum hunting or adding to the conversation, nor done a reread about anything. When he brings up a new topic, should the person we lynch mapclaim? second time he has brought up claiming.

I hve felt like I have lurked too much and I have posted tons more content. Also my period of absence was 558-697, 139 posts which is less than one of jimms absences. He has been saying he will start posting for over half the game...
This.

And this:
Jimm: Contributing, giving opinions, no reads, really, but otherwise very towny.

I'm not totally sold on Jimmmmm being scum, I haven't really deeply analyzed interactions between Kooshie and people, and everyone else amongst themselves.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: April 04, 2013, 09:52:09 pm »

This.

And this:
Jimm: Contributing, giving opinions, no reads, really, but otherwise very towny.

I'm not totally sold on Jimmmmm being scum, I haven't really deeply analyzed interactions between Kooshie and people, and everyone else amongst themselves.

No, I didn't mean to quote someone else's questionable case on me. You said I've pushed mapclaiming twice. This is false. In actuality I initially said it was "possibly decent" and then changed my mind based on Pillaging. Then I suggested the person who was going to be lynched did it, something that is entirely normal practise, and did it myself because I thought I was going to be lynched. That is different from "pushing mapclaiming".
Please provide a reference to the "pretty generally scummy things" I said, and also me getting "pretty angry".

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 04, 2013, 10:03:49 pm »

No, I didn't mean to quote someone else's questionable case on me. You said I've pushed mapclaiming twice. This is false. In actuality I initially said it was "possibly decent" and then changed my mind based on Pillaging. Then I suggested the person who was going to be lynched did it, something that is entirely normal practise, and did it myself because I thought I was going to be lynched. That is different from "pushing mapclaiming".
Please provide a reference to the "pretty generally scummy things" I said, and also me getting "pretty angry".

General Scumminess:

from mcmcsalot:

"He still has not done any scum hunting or adding to the conversation, nor done a reread about anything."

I don't have any room to speak though. I haven't really contributed too much, but I haven't been in the game that long either.

Pushing Mapclaiming:

Just a bad wording on my part. I just think it's a really bad idea, and you seem to want it to happen. Disagreeing with me doesn't make you scum, but it does to me.

Getting angry:

I reread back and got you mixed up with Insomniac. Again, my mistake. Your avatars just look so similar while skimming!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: April 04, 2013, 10:43:26 pm »

Vote: ozle

Archetype, i think you give people way too much town cred for agreeing with you on theory and being vocal about it.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: April 04, 2013, 11:36:11 pm »

some early vote analysis:

Today people have voted for..... (number in front is the votes in order that they occurred, votes in ( ) are the number of votes on that person including that vote.

Jorbles: 1 - insomniac (1), 6 - Jimm (2), 19 - Insomniac (1), 20 - Jimmm (6), 41 - sudgy (3), 53 - Jimmmm (1)

sudgy: 2 - insomniac (2), 14 - Jimmm (6), 25 - yuma (2), 28 - Jimm (6), 43 - Ozle (4), 50 - archetype (5)

mail-mi: 4 - Insomniac (3), 12 - Jimmm (4), 16 - liopoil (1), 17 - sparky (1), 18 - Jimmm (6), 22 - insomniac (1), 24 - Jimmmm (7), 48 - archetype (3)

So obvious stuff from this... first no votes from Lekkit or arch/sparky. That is bad. Also bad is Insomniac only voting once.

Surprising is how few times both ozle and mcmc have voted (as well as jimmm and raerae). I think some scum is very likely to be in that grouping of four, maybe 2, at least 1.  People who I think are townier based off their voting: mail-mi, ash and jorbles because they are really trying, probing and being towny with their votes, except for ash's self vote--but I basically asked him to do that.

Umm what, why and huh? I just took out a bunch of stuff to make some points. Why in gods name is bouncing your vote between the same two people towny...and sudgy has almost an identical voting patter yet you give him no town cred. This analysis seems whack to me,

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: April 05, 2013, 12:15:28 am »

Pushing Mapclaiming:

Just a bad wording on my part. I just think it's a really bad idea, and you seem to want it to happen. Disagreeing with me doesn't make you scum, but it does to me.

Can you specify what you mean by Mapclaiming? If you mean mass-Mapclaiming, then I have never indicated that I want it to happen. Here is what I've actually said:

I think the map-claim idea is possibly decent. Obviously not claiming what items we have available, but perhaps if we each gave a description of what we can see. Anyone have any reasons why this would be a bad idea?

This is a pondering and a question. I then proceed to answer my own question:

Hmm of course if we map-claim it helps scum do their pillaging so maybe not.

It seemed like a decent idea until I realised what pillage did, now I think it's a terrible idea.

I later suggested a different thing:

Should we get the person we lynch to mapclaim? I think it might give Town more information than scum if it's a Townie doing so, especially since the person won't be around any more for scum to Pillage.

If you think this is a bad idea, then we are in disagreement, but I'm happy to listen to your reasoning. When I mapclaimed, I was pretty much resigned to being lynched, and a little frustrated that I didn't feel like I had anything to add. But if you're suggesting that I want everyone to mapclaim, that is totally false.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: April 05, 2013, 12:24:40 am »

So I re-read sparky, and based on #407, #467, #523 and Arch's recent clumsiness, I'm now leaning Town on Arch. Yes, sparky could have bussed, but I think that's less likely, so Unvote.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: April 05, 2013, 12:42:51 am »

So I re-read sparky, and based on #407, #467, #523 and Arch's recent clumsiness, I'm now leaning Town on Arch. Yes, sparky could have bussed, but I think that's less likely, so Unvote.
Really should have your vote on someone though.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 05, 2013, 12:44:14 am »

Yeah, you're right. I'm about to head to work, after I get home I'll re-read Ozle and figure out if I support his lynch.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: April 05, 2013, 12:50:53 am »

Arch is contributing now Unvote

I think I'll go back to Vote: Jimmmm
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: April 05, 2013, 12:55:36 am »

I'll go back to Vote: Ozle for now, but it is a bit strange that Archetype, after we started pushing for him, suddenly started pushing for things.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: April 05, 2013, 12:56:03 am »

mail-mi, I had a look back to find the reason you're voting for me, and I couldn't find one other than for lurking. So you're taking your vote off the major lurker to put it on the minor lurker who's actually posted more than you?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: April 05, 2013, 01:02:59 am »

Vote Count 2.13

sudgy (1) -- Insomniac
Ozle (6) -- ashersky, mcmcsalot, raerae, yuma, Eevee, sudgy {L-2}
ashersky (1) -- Ozle
Archetype (1) -- liopoil
Jimm (2) -- Jorbles, mail-mi

Not Voting (3) -- Archetype, Lekkit, Jimm

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The game ends on April 29th at 7:00 PM. There are 24 days left.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: April 05, 2013, 01:59:30 am »

A reread doesn't need to take hours and hours. Really, just skimming for ~ 20 minutes and getting the main arguments should be enough, especially when there are people like mcmc and ash and others doing the grunt work and putting together solid cases. All it takes is to read those few posts, see what other people are saying about it and then go from there and give an opinion and especially at this stage a vote. That is if they are town. But I think often mafia uses RL to lurk behind. I certainly have done that. I know others have and use it as an excuse to do nothing in the game so they aren't accountable, but repeatedly show up and say, "I am here, but haven't reread yet, so I have nothing to offer."

This is really true. Except it isn't really. If you want someone to back up someone else's reads, then only reading others cases will probably be enough. But not rereading everything doesn't really suffice if you want the rereading person's reads.

I have read everything up to this point, but I haven't really had the time to post much, though.

I'd prefer a lekkit LALL, because he's been in the game longer and had a really scummy vote on kooshie, but then again, sparky was off wagon...

This is not the first time you've said this. Yet I have no idea what was scummy about my vote. Care to elaborate?

Really should have your vote on someone though.

Just saying I don't agree with this. I don't think voting just because you should is good. I know it's easier to fake intent to vote, but voting for someone at all points doesn't make a townie, in my book.

Arch is contributing now Unvote

I think I'll go back to Vote: Jimmmm

This is probably the worst vote I've seen all game. Jimmm seems to have noticed it too.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: April 05, 2013, 02:11:56 am »

Time for a popsquiz.

Want to lynch:
mail-mi.

Willing to lynch:
ashersky, sudgy, probably everyone else.

Reluctant to lynch:
Jimmm (would be informative, but I'm strongly leaning town here)

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: April 05, 2013, 02:41:33 am »

Pushing Mapclaiming:

Can you specify what you mean by Mapclaiming? If you mean mass-Mapclaiming, then I have never indicated that I want it to happen. Here is what I've actually said:

I think the map-claim idea is possibly decent. Obviously not claiming what items we have available, but perhaps if we each gave a description of what we can see. Anyone have any reasons why this would be a bad idea?

This is a pondering and a question. I then proceed to answer my own question:

Hmm of course if we map-claim it helps scum do their pillaging so maybe not.

It seemed like a decent idea until I realised what pillage did, now I think it's a terrible idea.

I later suggested a different thing:

Should we get the person we lynch to mapclaim? I think it might give Town more information than scum if it's a Townie doing so, especially since the person won't be around any more for scum to Pillage.

If you think this is a bad idea, then we are in disagreement, but I'm happy to listen to your reasoning. When I mapclaimed, I was pretty much resigned to being lynched, and a little frustrated that I didn't feel like I had anything to add. But if you're suggesting that I want everyone to mapclaim, that is totally false.
No, I don't think you're trying to force everyone to map claim or anything, I just don't think it's a good idea and you just seem to be the prime suspect for talking about it.

In all honesty, Jimmmmm, I don't think I want to see you lynched today. You started out scummy earlier this day, but you've come around. I think that the Kooshie townread on you was suspicious and you bringing up map claiming is scummy, but that doesn't mean you're scum. Scum try to frame Town for things all the time.

I think there's been enough pressure on you today, and you did map claim which means your most likely going to be in a bad position tommorow with scum knowing where you are, so I think I'd rather revisit a Jimmmmm lynch on a later date, if ever.

Mail-mi is a wagon I could get behind. Very, very sheepy. He did that when he was Town in that one game. I don't know if that's just his personality or not. The information he claimed was a pretty brutal blow to Town, and he hasn't really offered any analysis on players or anything as far as I can tell. So, some scumtraits.

In my eyes, Ozle, Jimmmmm, and mail-mi lunches are the ones discussed the most. I'd get behind the mail-mi first and foremost, Jimmmmm lynch if it really needs that extra vote, and not Ozle at all. Pretty certain this guy is Town. But maybe Eevee's right: I give too much towncred for such minuscule things.

Vote: mail-mi
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 106  All

Page created in 2.958 seconds with 20 queries.