Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 225682 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware
« Reply #400 on: March 17, 2013, 06:34:03 pm »

you want all 13?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 17, 2013, 06:35:20 pm »

Actually, in disagreement w/ sudgy, i think liopoil is acting very similar to herself in the newbie game (he was scum.) Vote: liopoil
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 17, 2013, 06:36:37 pm »

Okay on rereading mcmcsalot I remember why I found him scummy.

He supported the claim idea, which I think will help scum plan their moves.

Then he accused ash of artificially inflating his post count. I don't think ash is ever in danger of having a low post count. He's never lurky, it's not his style. This makes mcmc look slightly scummy because he was pushing a weak case.

When raerae joins he says that we should be looking at yuma, kooshie and mail-mi. Not sure why he picked these people except yuma who he'd been disagreeing with. He hadn't really been interacting with kooshie and mail-mi.

This doesn't all add up to a solid case, but I wanted to follow through on what I'd said I would do earlier. mcmc seems vaguely scummy to me. Not sure if it's enough to change my vote.

PPE: Even though I think liopoil is a little scummy, I can't argue with his case on Kooshie which looks solid. Kooshie kinda looks like she is stalling right now instead of addressing the case (plus apologizing for not posting content when you said you would isn't posting content). Defending liopoil looks to me like buddying to try and deflect the case.

Vote: Kooshie

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 17, 2013, 06:39:51 pm »

On no-lynching, I've never done it, so I haven't really seen and experienced what happens. Could someone who has describe it to me?  On what I know about it right now, I'd say I'd rather not.  Like Jimm said, we have less opinions or lack of them to go on.  We also have a harder time figuring out why and who did the nightkills.

Kooshie

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 17, 2013, 06:40:04 pm »

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 17, 2013, 06:42:11 pm »

For a second I was like "oh cool, Eevee must be town!" But then I remembered:
ummm, everyone defends themself when accused... especially when they think it is a somewhat ridiculous accusation. I think you're just trying to see how I react to this...

I think so too.  A little bit of FoS to ashersky (but I know it could be trying to see how he would respond).

Buddying.  Eevee tell.

Wow. You thought people that agree with you must be town?
You have a case sure, but unless your 100% sure, that doesn't make people who agree with you Town! Especially if they just pop up out of the Blue agree and vote! That should be regarded as highly suspicious!

Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 17, 2013, 06:51:43 pm »

On no-lynching, I've never done it, so I haven't really seen and experienced what happens. Could someone who has describe it to me?  On what I know about it right now, I'd say I'd rather not.  Like Jimm said, we have less opinions or lack of them to go on.  We also have a harder time figuring out why and who did the nightkills.

It means that no one gets lynched.  We will just skip right to the next night.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 17, 2013, 06:55:26 pm »

Honestly, I don't think that liopoil's scum.  Many people have said, "Ooh, defensiveness.  Ooh, massclaim.  Ohh, ooh, ooh."  On the defensiveness, I think that he's the kind of person that when questioned on things like that, would get a little defensive.  he came up with this idea, and thought it might actually worked.  People criticized it and questioned it in a way he probably didn't like.  He got a teensy bit offended, and when people called him scummy, he felt the need to defend himself in the way that he did.  That's what I think about his defensiveness. 
On his massclaim idea, it ties into the defensiveness.  At first it was an idea, he got a bit miffed, and then when people were toppling it and it was clear it wasn't going to work, he realized he might be lynched, and like any town player, didn't like that.  He still wanted his idea to be considered, though, so he slimmed it down, in the process realizing that it really needed slimming down.

wait what? How do you know he's town?
-rereads-
...okay so you just THINK he's town. this just sounded like a slip to me at first.

I will agree that Kooshie hasn't brought much to the table despite promises, I'll need to take a closer look at lio's case.

I still find Insomniac's lurking to be a yellow flag, so he's my top candidate for now. Waiting to see him before the weekend ends.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 17, 2013, 06:57:49 pm »

of course I don't think people who agree with me must be town, that's ridiculous! I assumed people would know that...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 17, 2013, 06:58:50 pm »

I also read kooshie's post as being too sure that I am town. She seemed a bit too certain...

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 17, 2013, 07:11:43 pm »

of course I don't think people who agree with me must be town, that's ridiculous! I assumed people would know that...

How is that ridiculous, you said it!
And then you explained how your initial thinking was wrong by pointing out out Eevee likes to buddy.

If it was sarcasm, then why feel the need to justify it?

It just feels so staged....

Im still Waiting for the Man Insomniac and the other lurkers to come before we even decide to lynch anybody surely?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 17, 2013, 07:12:13 pm »

Can't hurt I guess:
1)
2)
I'm going to say stuff soon.  Thursdays are very busy for me, so I'm just going to Unvote from RVS and catch up on everything.
3)
I don't really like Ash's playing.  Yes, there are reasons for all his "tells" but they distract me from what ever else he posted, if anything else.  It isn't scummy play, but please, Ashersky, do it a bit less.

I'm going to be gone for another 3 or so hours, proabably more.  I will post a lot on the weekend to make up for this.
4)
No time to catch up more.  Only time to sleep.  I'll post in the morning, and I'm on forum time.
5)
Okay.  @Liopoil, can you explain with some hard logic why the items on your claim list are better for town than scum?  I'm having a bit of a hard time processing it.  Oh, and hmm, did you not want a massclaim?  That is what that first post about claiming you had looked like...
6)
7)
8 )
9)
Instead of voting for pat, should we just get a prod on pat

@liopoil, why FoS on me?  I explained my absence.  Thursdays are busy, and I had to leave earlier than I thought I would on Friday.  After that I was tired, grumpy, and ready to sleep, not post about a bajillion things.
10)
You took town deaths into account, right?
11)
12)
13)

took out the text for some of these to save space. just click on them to see the post.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 17, 2013, 07:15:08 pm »

How is that ridiculous, you said it!
And then you explained how your initial thinking was wrong by pointing out out Eevee likes to buddy.

If it was sarcasm, then why feel the need to justify it?

It just feels so staged....

Im still Waiting for the Man Insomniac and the other lurkers to come before we even decide to lynch anybody surely?
Of course we should lynch anyone yet.

I didn't mean it literally... I had gotten a townread on eevee from the post, then remembered that scum sometimes buddy, especially eevee, and so turned it to a null read on the post.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 17, 2013, 07:57:23 pm »

Liopoil is crazy defensive, always. In ds9 it was a huge reason I as scum had a scum read on liopoil and was willing to push it to my grave to take out my scum enemy, then he was cleared as town and I was blown off my feet. The newbies from MXXI had a strong tendency to be overly defensive and have immediate scum reads on people who suspected them.

Here's a snippit form liopoil showing this tendancy.
Raerae is stretching my words in many of these points, which seems similar to me as what I did to Kooshie D1 of newbie mafia, (as scum)

I do not think this makes him any more likely to be scum, in fact liopoil was very reserved when he played scum with me and so I would say I have a solid town read on him.

As for me three targets, I believe I mentioned it but jorble asked again so I will clear it up. I did not say "we" should be looking at yuma, mail-mi, and kooshie. I said raerae should look at them. You were correct yuma was because I simply have a hard time reading him and we disagreed a bit so I wanted raerae to give her insight. As for mail-mi and kooshie, I had slight scum reads on both and new raerae played very closely with mail-mi and especially kooshie in the newbie game so I figured she would have a good read on them.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 17, 2013, 11:35:20 pm »

As for me three targets, I believe I mentioned it but jorble asked again so I will clear it up. I did not say "we" should be looking at yuma, mail-mi, and kooshie. I said raerae should look at them. You were correct yuma was because I simply have a hard time reading him and we disagreed a bit so I wanted raerae to give her insight.

that doesn't seem completely true. As I remember you thought that I was acting differently then I had before in games you had played with me.

Dissmissive yuma is unlike the town yuma I know, scum read for you. Not because of your position but the way you said it.

Which I find interesting because I don't think you have seen town!yuma before. Have you? Or is it that scum!yuma is just so good at replicating townie play that you think you have seen town!yuma and now that you actually are seeing town!yuma you think it must be scum!yuma because it is different from what you remember town!yuma to be even thought that was scum!yuma.

Have I confused you yet? But the point remains... You didn't just want raerae's opinion because you have a hard time reading me. You read me as scum... based off me not being the town you remember. But I don't think you haven't seen me as town before.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 17, 2013, 11:37:06 pm »

You are now eating into your deadline time. At this point, the game would end on Friday, April 26th, at 7:00 PM.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 18, 2013, 01:18:12 am »

So just went through and checked, you have not been town in any game we have played together. We have not actually played together in many games. I was confused because you were scum in ds9 but so was I and I honestly did not know you we're scum until the last day. The other game was mason and monks, where again I lasted till day three and did no know you we're scum until it was revealed so.

So I guess you are not playing the way I expect because I expected to have a town read on you as usual but I did not, hence why I asked for a second opinion. I believe my reads on you if anything would indicate you are more likely town than scum.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 18, 2013, 01:20:21 am »

It's funny how everyone's saying about yuma, "I don't have a Townread on you, therefore you must be Town."

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 18, 2013, 12:09:00 pm »

Alright. Weekend over. I'm back and caught up. Am now firmly against claimin unless you have something worth claiming.

Re: Insom votes. I'm actually a bit torn on this one. I 100% like Ozle's vote. That one is legit. Ash and sudgy just posted a vote for me without backing it up because I was an easy vote at the time. Now here's my issue. I already found ash scummy. But sudgy? That guy decided to defend his vote on me after the fact which is way more scummy than I feel about ash right now so I will be putting my vote there for now. Vote: sudgy

I have no strong feelings on liopoli vs kooshie right now as I don't have a ton of back data on these players.

Eevee lurking is probably the most bothersome to me of their post CPU gets. Though I put far less into that stat since I have lurked as town and its just because I'm busy in RL (talking about masons vs monks right now)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 18, 2013, 12:10:41 pm »

It's funny how everyone's saying about yuma, "I don't have a Townread on you, therefore you must be Town."

Yuma is my strongest town read right now but I have a habit of reading him wrong lately. In games where he is scum though I tend to read his posts and think he has a strong point but expresses it in a way that is non confrontational and often forgettable. Here he has been much more confrontational and is one of the people I remember is playing this game the most
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 18, 2013, 12:45:26 pm »

I think I support the sudgy vote, he has read scummy to me.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 18, 2013, 12:54:10 pm »

I voted for Insomniac because I wanted to get him to start posting.  I thought that was clear when I voted, but when people started freaking out about it I said why.  I'll Unvote for now though.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 18, 2013, 01:00:12 pm »

Vote Count 1.7

mail-mi (1) -- mcmcsalot
liopoil (3)  -- yuma, raerae, mail-mi
ashersky (2) -- Lekkit
raerae (1) -- Jimm
mcmcsalot (1) -- ashersky
Kooshie (3) -- liopoil, Eevee, Jorbles
Insomniac (1) -- Ozle
sudgy (1) -- Insomniac
No Lynch (1) -- xeiron

Not Voting (5) -- sparky5856, Kooshie, sudgy

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:32:48 pm by Robz888 »
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 18, 2013, 01:06:55 pm »

You are now eating into your deadline time. At this point, the game would end on Friday, April 26th, at 7:00 PM.

I dont know if anyone picked this up, but time is fairly liberal here!

Thats 40 Days and Night, which is a LOT of time.

If this game were to go to 5 days, thats 8 +3 extra per day. I think a good number for soft deadline would be 8-9 days, that leaves us 13 spare when we get to Day 6 if we need them, and a bit of leeway. (Someone able to check the maths in that?)

As for reads and lynching. The only person I feel I have a slight town read on is Yuma, because what he says makes sense. But its nothing too strong. But then this is Day 1 where cases are built on Shifting Sand and are never brilliant, so it could all change.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 18, 2013, 01:26:57 pm »

Vote Count 1.7

mail-mi (1) -- mcmcsalot
liopoil (3)  -- yuma, raerae, mail-mi
ashersky (2) -- Lekkit, Insomniac
raerae (1) -- Jimm
mcmcsalot (1) -- ashersky
Kooshie (3) -- liopoil, Eevee, Jorbles
Insomniac (1) -- Ozle
No Lynch (1) -- xeiron

Not Voting (5) -- sparky5856, Kooshie, sudgy

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

I think insom is voting for sudgy
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106  All

Page created in 1.629 seconds with 16 queries.