Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54  All

Author Topic: RMM7: Lord of the Rings (Dragons Win!)  (Read 119253 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM7: Lord of the Rings (Dragons Win!)
« Reply #1275 on: April 02, 2013, 10:56:14 pm »

Also, before all the requisite balance complaints start (;)), I wanted to thank everyone who played this game for an awesome time.  This was a fantastic game to mod and to spectate!

MVP is Jimmmmm, of course, for ridiculously good timing and usage of his night actions, and for escaping suspicion until LYLO, even with the Hobbit claim.

As for balance, the game went to Day 6, LYLO with 1 scum and 2 town, even with the Beloved Princess death and 5 scum in 13 players.  It's really hard to balance for later days, but I think this game was a success.
I'm not complaining. Oh and can I /in to lotr2 right now?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 02, 2013, 10:56:21 pm »

In terms of balance, I think it was pretty close. Hammerer is a pretty weak role, and JoAT is potentially extremely powerful, but also has a good chance of coming to nothing. Also, Town had lots of ways to PoE.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 02, 2013, 10:56:46 pm »

Also, before all the requisite balance complaints start (;)), I wanted to thank everyone who played this game for an awesome time.  This was a fantastic game to mod and to spectate!

MVP is Jimmmmm, of course, for ridiculously good timing and usage of his night actions, and for escaping suspicion until LYLO, even with the Hobbit claim.

As for balance, the game went to Day 6, LYLO with 1 scum and 2 town, even with the Beloved Princess death and 5 scum in 13 players.  It's really hard to balance for later days, but I think this game was a success.
I dont mean to complain, as the game was awesome and you are a great mod, but you know, with Robz's vengekill the BP is guaranteed to get killed at some point and town got sort of very lucky with scum killing each other and Robz betraying not only us but also the Orcs.

Still, Jimmm played impressive, I've always said he is a beast at playing scum. I dont know if I could have gotten it but I guess this loss is on me. Sorry guys! I would have gone for Jimmm without that damn investigation result.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 02, 2013, 10:56:59 pm »

I'll take that hat, Galz.

;D ;D

*Sends WS a hat*

Need a knife and fork too, or just gonna use your hands?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 02, 2013, 10:57:14 pm »

I'm pretty proud of myself that I got the whole scum are the minority of the race-claims thing right! Still can't believe that Jimmmmm was the Dragon. Eevee was soooo scummy in my eyes the last day.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 02, 2013, 10:57:27 pm »

In terms of balance, I think it was pretty close. Hammerer is a pretty weak role, and JoAT is potentially extremely powerful, but also has a good chance of coming to nothing. Also, Town had lots of ways to PoE.

Or it can be negative, like when you kill yourself.....
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 02, 2013, 10:58:21 pm »

;D That was amusing, although you were going to die anyways.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 02, 2013, 10:58:34 pm »

You can get the imaginary morgrim award for the self hammer.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 02, 2013, 10:58:47 pm »

I think this will be my last RMM game, way too swingy, and hidden things like the symmetry of this game don't seem to be taken into consideration, it made setup speculation hugely way too advantageous for my liking and the fakeclaims actually detrimental.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 02, 2013, 10:59:12 pm »

Still, Jimmm played impressive, I've always said he is a beast at playing scum. I dont know if I could have gotten it but I guess this loss is on me. Sorry guys! I would have gone for Jimmm without that damn investigation result.
I feel like I have to take some blame too.

I was really sure that there were no more scum after Robz, but I probably should have just waited. But I doubt we would have caught Jimmmmm anyway.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 02, 2013, 10:59:15 pm »

I was actually please that sudgy self-hammered. That day needed to end as soon as possible.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 02, 2013, 10:59:56 pm »

I think this will be my last RMM game, way too swingy, and hidden things like the symmetry of this game don't seem to be taken into consideration, it made setup speculation hugely way too advantageous for my liking and the fakeclaims actually detrimental.
Don't complain cuz ur team lost, Axxle! This was fun!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 02, 2013, 11:00:03 pm »

Also, I want to point out that Orcs got super unlucky with the Hobbit claim.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 02, 2013, 11:00:32 pm »

Very well done Jimm.  I think that was pretty perfect play.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 02, 2013, 11:00:56 pm »

should I have gotten it? The race claims..  :-\

Both scum teams were given races to fake claim that could not be countered.  Why Morgrim went with what he did I have no clue.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: April 02, 2013, 11:01:21 pm »

Wow, awesome game, was fun to watch. I think the game was balanced. the only thing I'd change is to take the vengekilll away from the traitor. it doesn't help the traitor at all because he loses anyway, just lets him kingmake. and any imbalance against town would be fixed by doing that too. Jimmmmm, why didn't you quickhammer mail-mi right away?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 02, 2013, 11:01:57 pm »

Both scum teams were given races to fake claim that could not be countered.  Why Morgrim went with what he did I have no clue.
Well they couldn't really counter a "human" claim either.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 02, 2013, 11:02:26 pm »

Wow, awesome game, was fun to watch. I think the game was balanced. the only thing I'd change is to take the vengekilll away from the traitor. it doesn't help the traitor at all because he loses anyway, just lets him kingmake. and any imbalance against town would be fixed by doing that too. Jimmmmm, why didn't you quickhammer mail-mi right away?
Suspense probably.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 02, 2013, 11:02:52 pm »

Blah. I think I ended up being negative utility that game despite my best efforts :/ Sorry, town...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 02, 2013, 11:03:06 pm »

And you guys could have at least waited for me to post/vote!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: April 02, 2013, 11:05:25 pm »

I dont mean to complain, as the game was awesome and you are a great mod, but you know, with Robz's vengekill the BP is guaranteed to get killed at some point and town got sort of very lucky with scum killing each other and Robz betraying not only us but also the Orcs.

The Vengekill was something I went back and forth on, but in the end I decided that the Traitor really was in a tough spot.  Also, in case his PM wasn't clear, if he was recruited, he lost the vengekill and BP, so he would just be a scum roleblocker at that point, which is of course strong.

I think not making it clear to both scum teams that there was only one traitor and that he would make their team stronger may have played into neither team gunning for him.  So maybe that was a mistake on my part.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 02, 2013, 11:05:42 pm »

No, but I could have gotten Jimmm because of the race claims! People probably stopped reading my posts at some point, but during my flight home I was VERY convinced it had to be Jimmm because of the race claims (mail-mi's made sense, Jimmm's didnt).

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 02, 2013, 11:05:52 pm »

Well they couldn't really counter a "human" claim either.

True.  I just wanted to be sure there was something other than "orc" and "dragon" available to you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 02, 2013, 11:07:00 pm »

Blah. I think I ended up being negative utility that game despite my best efforts :/ Sorry, town...

No way.  You were doing the right things, and caught sudgy.  Jimmmmm's timing was just perfect.

That's the built-in swing to a JOAT...you waste your powers or they work out perfectly.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 02, 2013, 11:08:43 pm »

Suspense probably.
Dramatic! I liked it.

Well, now you know my friendly attitude towards you wasn't faked. I think you played well, Jimm just crushed you with his joat-choices. You got sudgy for us!
And you guys could have at least waited for me to post/vote!
Jimmm was so anti-Eevee all the time I thought I'd better ride the momentum of him trusting me while it lasts. Meh, maybe it should have actually been a red flag..
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.